soulmates // damon salvatore...

By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Elean... More

please read .
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
please read .

30

1.1K 29 1
By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra's pov

Stefan is okay.  Elena gave him some of her blood and he healed within a short amount of time.  Caroline and Bonnie finally talked.  And we found the moonstone.  I don't know if I would say this was a success or not.  But, it must be good that we have the moonstone in our hands.

I'm on my way to the house and I have the stone with me.  Now that we have it, Damon can let Mason go.   I bet him and Katherine can't do whatever it is they were going to do without that stone.

I pull up at the house and get out of my car and I make my way to the front door.  I unlock it and then I go inside and walk into the living and there's no sign of Damon.  I keep walking and then I make my way to the back room and stop when I see what's in front of me.

I see Mason sitting in a chair chained up with blood all over him.  I see blood on the floor and then see that his heart is ripped out.  I just walk in more in shock and then I see Damon walk into the room and just stare at me.  "You weren't supposed to be here" He said.

"What did you do?" I said staring at Mason.

"I did what I had to do" He said.

"You tortured him?" I said.

"I was trying to get answers" He said.

"You were trying to find this?" I said holding the moonstone up.  He just stares at it and then I toss it to him and he catches it.

"You found it" He said. I just continue to stare at Mason and then Damon just sighs and puts the stone down.

"I'm going to get rid of the body" He said like it was nothing.  He starts moving things around me and I still just stand there frozen and he looks to me.

"If you're going to just stand there could you at least help?" He said.

"What?" I said.

"Well, I mean...You want to be a vampire, right? This is all part of it. I'm just giving you a little taste" He said.

"This isn't funny" I said.

"Oh, trust me.  I know.  This is real life.  And this is what you're asking for.  If you're not the one doing it...it's being done to you" He said and I just stood there.   I start to tear up a little and then Damon walks up to me.

"Good...good.  Cry.  Feel the emotion.  This isn't fun and games, Alexandra" He said.

"Stop" I said still crying a little.

"Think about it.  Think about how vampires ruined your life.  Everything bad that's ever happened to you over this past year has been from vampires.  Vicki.  Elle leaving.  The car crash.  The tomb.  Katherine.  Me taking your memories.  You being attacked.   Your mother. Me turning off my humanity switch.  Me kissing Katherine!" He said walking up to me.

"STOP" I yelled and just let the flood of tears come out.  I just drop to my knees and start crying.  I think this is everything coming out.  All the stress I've built up.  All the fear.  All the sadness.  Anger.   Anxiety.  This is it all coming out.  This is me realizing my life has changed forever.

"Alexandra" Damon said.

"I don't want to be a vampire.  I can't be a vampire.  I don't want it!" I said crying.  I feel Damon kneel down in front of me and just pull me into him.

"I know, baby.  It's okay" He said softly and wrapped his arms around me. 

He kisses my cheek and I just cry into his arms.

•••

It's been 3 days. And again, a lot has happened in these three days. Let's start with the first thing. Katherine is pissed. Mason is dead and we have the moonstone which ruins her little plan...whatever the plan was.

So, to get revenge, she went after Elena's aunt Jenna. She compelled her to stab herself. She got lucky...she could've died if the knife went anywhere else. So she's been in the hospital these past few days and Alaric has been with her.

Elena and Stefan have been depressed. They won't show it, but I can read them like books. They feel responsible and guilty for what happened to Jenna. Katherine found out that the two were sneaking around together and faking their fights. So...Elena for real broke up with Stefan. I couldn't believe it when she told me but she fears that Katherine will go after Jeremy or someone else to make a point.

Lastly...Caroline had a run in with Katherine, and she had a message for us. Give her the moonstone or else she'll rip the town apart until it rains blood. Her exact words. Oh and also she means tonight...at the masquerade ball.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard" Stefan said.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks" Damon said.

"We can't underestimate her" I said.

"We have to play this smarter than her" Stefan said.

"Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline said.

"No. Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it" Damon said.

"So, what's the plan?" I said.

"I'm going to go to the masquerade ball, and I'm going to kill her. Tonight" Damon said and I just stared at him.

"You're not going to kill her" Stefan said.

"Don't give me that goody goody crap" Damon said.

"You're not going to kill her" Stefan said.

"Oh, really?" Damon said.

"Because I am" Stefan said and I turned to him. I see Damon just grin and Caroline's eyes go wide.

Tonight is going to be one hell of a night.

•••

I'm just looking at everything play out in front of me. Caroline is pacing the room. Damon and Alaric are showing Jeremy different weapons. Stefan is in a bubble of anger and I'm just here. Wondering how the hell we got to this place.

The door opens and I look over to see Bonnie walk in with the grimoire. Stefan goes over to her and they both start talking and then everyone gathers around the table. I watch as Alaric shows different ways to kill a vampire and how to use the weapons and then I feel Damon appear next to me.

"You're disengaged" He said.

"Are we really doing this tonight?" I said.

"Yes. And you should be over here learning ways to protect yourself" He said.

"Maybe I shouldn't go" I said.

"Why not?" He said.

"Well, obviously the whole becoming a vampire thing is no longer an option. So...I'm not really left with anything. I can't use a weapon" I said.

"Okay, well, I'm going to be there. And nothing is going to happen to you" He said and then I just stared at the weapon table again.

"This is a lot of people to take down one vampire" I said.

"One vampire that's been living forever. Longer than any of us" He said.

"This is going to work, right?" I said.

"It has to" He said.

"All right, everyone. Group meeting" Alaric said and Damon and I walked over to the others. "You sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric continued.

"No, I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this" Stefan said. Yeah, this is hard. Stefan wants to keep Elena out of this and it's been the hardest thing to do. Keep this secret from her.

"Okay. I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight" Alaric said.

"All right. If anybody wants to back out, I'll understand" Stefan said.

"Yeah, cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out. Caroline?" Damon said.

"I won't. She killed me. Fairs fair. And as long as there are no werewolves running around" Caroline said.

"Oh, I took care of Mason." Damon said.

"And as long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn" Jeremy said.

"Alex?" Caroline said.

"Yeah...I'm in. Whatever I can do to help" I said.

"Bonnie? Are you with us?" Stefan said and she nodded.

"But no one gets hurt." Bonnie said.

"Except Katherine. Tonight Katherine gets a stake through her heart" Damon said.

It's happening.

•••

I'm standing in front of a mirror right now looking at myself in the dress Caroline got me. It's beautiful, I have to admit. I just can't believe I'm doing this tonight. I mean, I just had a mental break because of all the stress. But, I guess the sooner this is all over, then everything can go back to normal. And it seems that Katherine is the only thing left.

"You look stunning" I heard and turned to see Damon wearing a tux.

"Why, so do you" I said. He just smiles a little and then he walks up to me and puts his hands on my arms rubbing them a little.

"Are you sure about this?" He said.

"I want to be there for you guys" I said.

"Hey, about the other night. I didn't mean to say or bring up the things that I did. I just wanted to prove a point about vampires" He said.

"It's okay, Damon. You definitely proved the point. Vampires ruin everything" I said and his face dropped a little.

"Not me and Stefan though, right?" He said.

"Right" I said partially meaning it and partially not. I love them both, but it's true. Danger follows them. It doesn't change how I feel. I still love Damon and Stefan is still my best friend. But I know what they are and what comes with it. I'm more aware of it now.

"Well, here.  This is for you" He said opening a box on the bed and pulled out a mask.  He walks over to me and puts it on my face and then just stares at me.

"Even with a mask on...you're still beautiful" He said and I smiled a little.

"Let's end this tonight" I said and he nodded.

•••

We all arrived at the Lockwood mansion.  It's beautiful.  It's dark with lights and candles everywhere.  It's also filled with people dressed up and wearing their masks.   We all stand here and look to each other and then I speak up.

"This is it" I said.

"Everyone stick to the plan.  One thing goes wrong, it all falls apart" Stefan said.

"Plan B...someone just kill the bitch" Damon said.

"Okay, so...split up?" Caroline said.

"Yeah.  Stay in contact with each other.  But don't make it obvious we're up to anything.  I'm sure Katherine is around here somewhere" Stefan said.

"Just keep a lookout for an Elena look alike"  Damon said.  Everyone splits off and goes into different directions and I stand here with Damon and Stefan.

"Are you actually going to kill her, brother? You know, I can take over" Damon said.

"I'm doing it.  I'll get it done" Stefan said.

"I don't want your little innocent heart breaking through last minute" He said.

"Don't worry about that.  I want Katherine dead" He said.  Damon puts his arm out for me and I intertwine mine with his and then we both make our way closer to the mansion. 

I look around and see people dancing, people talking, people just hanging around and I find myself trying to spot out Katherine.  The boys think I'll be the perfect one to lure her out.  Not only does Katherine have a hatred for Elena but she has one for me too.

"You have your vervain necklace, right?" He said.

"Never take it off" I said.

"So, you know, I've been thinking about our talk earlier.  And I know things have been rough recently.  I know I've had a lot of the old Damon coming out.  I don't want that to scare you.  Or make you feel uncomfortable or anything" He said and I turned to him.

"Dance with me" I said and he nodded.  I grab his hand and pull him onto the dance floor and then he puts his hand on my waist and pulls me into him.

"I don't look at you differently, if that's what you mean.  I just...I..." I said.

"This is still new for you.  We've been together for a little while but we had that gap.  And when your memories came back, that was the start to the whole vampire thing for you" He said.

"I won't deny that vampires have had a lot of negative effects on my life.  But I also won't deny that I'm in love with you.  Or that Stefan is one of the closest friends I have in my life." I said.

"I just want you to come to me if you ever feel any type of way that isn't happy" He said.

"You never make me unhappy, Damon" I said.

"Never?" He said.

"Well, except when you hog all the blankets at night" I said and he just laughed a little.

"I love you" He said.

"I love you more, Damon" I said and he leaned in and kissed me.

I happen to look up at the mansion and I see Katherine standing there with her dress and mask. We both just make eye contact and then I look to Damon.

"Go find Stefan. I'm going to talk to our little friend" I said motioning to where Katherine is.

"I'll see you soon" He whispered in my ear and then kissed my cheek. I walk away from him and then make my way up the stairs and into the mansion. I find Katherine by the snack table eating a strawberry and I go and stand next to her.

"Pretty dress, Elena. Oh wait...Katherine" I said and she glared at me.

"You know I won't hesitate to kill you" She said.

"Before you get the moonstone?" I said just acting as brave as I can.

"Where is it?" She said.

"Stefan and Damon want you to meet them at the edge of the lake by the woods. They brought the moonstone" I said lying.

"The lake?! Are you their little messenger now?" She said.

"Look, I'm not afraid of you Katherine" I said.

"No? Well, that will change soon" She said grinning and then turning from me. "See you around" She said then left. I quickly call Caroline and wait for her to pick up and then move to another room.

"Alex" She said.

"Okay, she totally knows something is going on. And I bet you she's on the way to you right now. Stick to the plan remember. Get her in that room" I said and then hung up. Bonnie put a spell on one of the bedrooms to lock Katherine in their.

I walk back outside and I happen to look over and see Jeremy and Bonnie standing by Elena. Wait, Elena?! What the hell is she doing here.

"Elena?" I said.

"You're here too?" She said.

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"Trying to figure out what's going on" She said and then I got a text from Caroline saying Katherines locked in the room.

"They got her" I said.

"Okay, so now they just have to kill her" Jeremy said.

"You guys really weren't going to tell me about this?" Elena said.

"I'm sorry...I..." I started to say and then Elena screamed in pain.

"Elena?!" I said and then saw blood all over her back.

"What's happening?!" Jeremy said. Elena continued to yell in pain and we all go over to her and then I see more blood appear on her arm.

"What's going on?" I said.

"It's Katherine. Alex, it's Katherine! She's linked to her" Bonnie said and I stood up straight. I look to Elena who's crying in pain and then I turn around and start running back into the mansion.

I'm pushing through people and I make my way upstairs and start looking in all the bedrooms. I start panicking a little and then I turn to see the bedroom and see Stefan holding Katherine on the ground and Damon about to stake her.

"STOP!" I yelled and Damon turned to me. "You're hurting Elena. Everything you're doing to her is hurting Elena" I continued.

They both stop and look to me and then Stefan let's go of Katherine and she stands up. "You think you two are the only ones with a witch on your side? Wrong. And something tells me that my witch is better than your witch" Katherine said and I could feel my blood boiling.

Katherine grabs the stake from Damon and then she cuts her hand and grins. "A little more pressure" She said.

"Stop!" I said and then Katherine looked to me. She grins a little and then takes the stake and throws it full force at me and it goes into my shoulder and I gasp. I fall to the ground and then look to the stake in my shoulder and wince in pain.

"Alexandra!" Damon said.

"Go near her and I'll kill her. And Elena" Katherine said and Damon just stared at me with sad eyes.

"Don't. It's okay" I said to him. I see Stefan just stare at me with sad eyes too and I can tell he's raging on the inside.

"Okay. So, how about that moonstone?" Katherine said grinning.

Thank you guys for reading ! I hope you all enjoyed chapter thirty. Feel free to leave comments and even message me if you love TVD.
Love, K.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 409 52
It all started 7 months ago when Valentina belonged to the one and only Stefan Salvatore. Until she left, finding out the truth about the small town...
975K 18.1K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
12.4K 560 91
In the town of mystic falls it's always been quaint town but what some people don't know is that for decades it has been the home of supernatural bei...
307K 6.9K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...