The Five Mythicals

By LostChild911

The story of the mythical beings was real after all. First-Person Perspective. Alternative Universe. Art: @ni... More

The Beginning
Mori's Regret
Finding Gura and a Bird?
Mori's Arrival
Finding Another Guest
Wah!
Reunion
New Year's Special
The detective gives a Confession
Amelia's Present
Amelia Birthday'son Tribute
Running is Fun
The Tako Dream
Moshi Moshi
SideStory-SameTori
A Predator's Catch
Finding Gura Part 2
Marriage Proposal
New Wife (?)
Hide and Seek
Death and the Undead
Phoenix Diary
Birb Shopping List
Complicated Feelings
Nothing
Aquarium Trip
Death Convo
The Happenings
Sweet Dreams
The Rising Phoenix
Last Ride
Ina-terlude
TAKAMORI FOREVER
Afterwards/Credits

Shark Check Up

460 17 18
By LostChild911

After the lady arrived, I finally got her name. Her name was Enma. She and the other lady, Ina, came to pick us up in a limousine. When they did, I went inside the house to escort Gura to the vehicle. When we went inside, Gura rested on my shoulder, bullets of sweat came out blazing threw her skin. Not like a machine gun but more like a silencer pistol.

"Gura, how are you feeling?"

"My head is calming down a bit."

On a trip to the hospital, I talked a bit with Enma. She is nice to come and do this for us on such short notice. I was being a bit unreasonable back then. I really should apologize.

"Sorry about that. I never thought you would come and pick us up."

"I might look evil to you but that led you to characterize me incorrectly. I am not unkind of a human being."

Ina obverse our conversation, not interrupting by staying quiet. She was doing something on her tablet. I guess she's the artistic type by the hand movement I was seeing.

"..."

She didn't say a word to us on the whole trip.

I wasn't sure which hospital we're going to but I'm sure we're going to be fine. The last thing they would do to us was drop us off to an enemy of mine. The lifestyle I was living will disappoint them, one hundred percent. Having a fight will be more disappointing for them than it was for me. It hurts a lot more when you have been facing off with someone you can't beat then suddenly that very same person ends up being, let's just say, unsatisfactory, for them to fight.

The horror. Surely that's not going to happen.

"Amelia Watson, We arrived."

That's good. We arrived at an actual hospital. My heart almost fell right from my chest.

***

"Enma, thank you for the ride."

"Thank you, red-haired lady and tentacle lady."

"Doing a good deed doesn't hurt once in a while. Hope we don't have a repeat of what happened."

She must have been quite shocked when I called.

"..."

No response even when we say thanks, huh?"

They drop us off right in front of a private hospital. Not many people were around but I'm sure doctors are inside. Gura is dressed in her usual attire when she goes out to avoid unwanted gaze from people.

"Gura, let's go."

"Kay."

Gura held on to me when both of us walked inside the hospital. Meters away from the counter, a lady spotted us heading to her. First, she was smiling and then she saw something she shouldn't. She kept quiet, remembering what kinda place this was. This place is a private hospital, so any kind of information leaking out would put a person's career on pause. She returned to her usual smile and welcomed our arrival to the counter.

"Good Morning, any problems you have that are urgent?"

Yes, I need to see Doctor Y right now please."

"What seems to be the problem?"

"My friend of mine is feeling strange. I don't quite understand myself."

"I see."

She looked at her from up to down finding who knows what. I'm sure she can see the state of her. What is she looking for?

"E-erm."

"Um-oh-yes, right this way please."

***

She guided us to a treatment room far from the regular ones. It had all the usual medical devices used for people and such.

"Right this way, please."

We entered expecting to find Doctor Y, sadly enough, he wasn't here.

"I'll go call Doctor Y, I'll be back soon with him for you."

She left to seek him out.

"Go lie in bed. Here, let me help you."

"I can see the light, Ame."

"Don't even joke about that."

"This bed is so soft. So cosy. Reminds me of the times we slept together."

"My bed isn't even that soft."

"Exactly."

What is she...ohhh, that's what she's... well, I am proud of them.

***

Looks like he's taking his little time.

I was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room. Patiently waiting for the doctor to arrive..

"Sorry for being late. Doctor Y, here. What is the problem your acquaintance is having?"

Took you a while, could you 'hurry upped' a little faster?

"I don't know. That's why we're here."

"D-Don't you have some idea at least?"

My eyes were hurting, I wonder why.

"Ms Watson, can you cooperate with me a bit?"

"Can you like, you know, do your job? See that girl over there? The one you diagnosed before we entered this city? Yeah, that same girl is suffering."

"Ame, it's not that bad now."

"She can't even think straight, Well, why are you still standing around? Do something."

Talk about a pain.

"I apologise for being late. I was finishing up some interviews. I am planning on retiring from this, you know? For my future company?"

"What does that gotta do with anything now?"

"My apologies, Ms Watson. Why am I being treated like this?"

***

I watched the doctor diagnosing Gura. I observed with interest for a couple of minutes and now the results were finally in.

"No need to worry. She was just suffering from a severe case of sickness. No real damage to the body. She should be just fine after some strong medication."

"Could you explain the nightmares she was having?"

"Bad memories could be affecting her brain. Maybe that's what has been giving her these nightmares. I'm sure this could be one of the things that could be causing it."

That's a relief.

"Gura, how are you feeling?"

"I feel I don't need the medication but I guess I should take it just in case if you're that worried about me."

Gura was blushing for some reason. Is it not normal to worry about a friend? Gura took a few pills and saved some for later if something unexpected happens.

"We will be taking our leave."

"Ms Watson, Can we catch up a bit. I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Nothing new is happening. And why would I want to catch up..."

Out of nowhere Gura started...

"Yes, Doc. We really should go. Thanks for the treatment. I know your kind but Ame is not in her usual mood. So in the future, it seems."

"Why are you pushing me. Let me finish talking."

"Hope your dreams come true at that future company of yours."

...pushing me through the door. We weren't in a hurry.

"Later then Ms Watson."

He gave a sad goodbye.

***

We left the hospital on foot and started walking home together.

"What was that for Gura?"

"Ame, you see that angry side of yours, It's terrifying. Nobody wants to see that."

"I wasn't screaming at him, just laying out my disappointment."

"Still Scary, Ame."

I am not that scary, am I?

"Anyways, Ame. I remember a few things about my past."

"Oh, really now?"

"Do you wanna hear?"

"Wait till we get home. I need to recover as well."

"Want me to nurse you like how you did me?"

"I'm fine, your kind but I don't want you to be shocked."

"Shocked by what?"

"What's underneath."

"IS IT REALLY THAT...?!"

Your time soon will come, Gura. Don't worry. Your future is going to be bountiful just like mine.

"So doctor, how is your second job going?"

"It's going well. I got some technology for motion tracking, some digital creators and other stuff. The funding is a bit low even with my contribution."

"It's sad to see another doctor leave. Why couldn't you be with us a little longer?"

"Don't cry. When this job isn't working out with you, why don't you come and work for me? We plan to make all our talents details confidential. So you don't have to worry about having your career be on pause."

"Really?"

"Yes, we plan to have a lot of talents so it is easier for you to make friends. In the future, I plan to create a group like...that popular one and have good-hearted, untainted souls like you. So Sora, anytime you need help, let me know."

"Thank you Doctor Y. Hope you treat me well when that time comes."

"Will do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572 3 9
The Great Duchies are lands of the free. But once the Demon Lord tried to rule them. He controlled Poseidon's mind, and Gura, daughter of the god of...
22.2K 820 29
Amelia Watson had been through some difficult times. She didn't want to make others worry about her. Until one day she comes across her classmate Gaw...
24.6K 1K 34
In the modern age, all kinds of wonders and beauty exist within the mortal world that one may call Earth. Such are the sights, wildlife and humans wi...
4.9K 200 13
Shortly after the events of A Takamori Story, Gura and Ame discover what it really means to love. That includes all of the pain, sorrow, joy, and dra...