The Photographer - h.s

By hshw1994

I know that you're scared because I'm so open Photographs are beautiful and ageless, because even after the... More

Harry
Vic
Self titled
By Herself
The spot
Tuesday
Friends
Dreamy
Sleepless
With the band
The release
The debut
Summer feeling
Canyon Ridge
Only Exception
Watermelon Sugar
Whats your biggest fear?
The stars
The showcase
Hold me, baby
The Email
Welcoming Committee
I think he likes me
Dinner
"I'm fine"
What now?
Shut up
Small talk
Red
Like 'em?
Be a bitch...
On the road
Night one
Paris
Barcelona
Milan
Pubs and sunflowers
Sunflower vol. 6
Day 30
Goodnight
Spiral
The collapse
Consequences
33
-your best friend
Michelle
Falling
All the best
Oh, Anna
Neighbors
Drivers seat
So in the grand scheme of things
What's one more time?
Girl Crush
Slip Away
Adore you
The Letters
Do you love me?
Cherry
Goodbye
The Gallery
Don't Push
Fine Line
Full Time
Will you?
Nice to Meet You
Canyon Moon
Getting bigger

Superstar

3.6K 78 6
By hshw1994

Vic

I placed the photos back into my folder and slid the folder into my bag and threw the strap on my shoulder and went over my mental checklist to make sure I didn't forget anything. I looked at the now empty display wall and smiled to myself. I walked to the door passing a couple of other people taking their pieces down, giving me small waves and neutral smiles as I passed by. I pushed the door open and looked around and saw Harry standing against a car in waving me over. I smiled and walked across the parking lot and met him at the car as he opened the back drivers side door for me. I flashed him a smile and slid into the back bench of the car next to Sarah as Harry sat on the other side of her, Mitch was in passenger and Jeff had the honor of driving.

"So... Harry's car has a third row of seating and you decided on Jeffrey's car? Harry, you were the one who insisted on being my chauffeur here earlier." I stated and Harry laughed and pointed to Jeffrey.

"He insisted to he drove." He said and I shook my head and sat back in my seat.

"Any song requests?" Jeff asked and held up his phone with Spotify open, I reached forward and grabbed his phone and typed a song into the search bar and pressed play. The beat began to play and Harry sprung forward and looked at me with his mouth open.

•~PLAY SONG NOW ;)~•

"We've got a bit of love-hate
You take me to the edge then you hit the brakes, I-I-I say it's over one day
But then I'm crawling back begging you to stay." Mitch busted out laughing as Harry covered his face shaking his head and Jeffrey turned it up in response. "I'll say that I hate a song, Then you'll go request it the whole night long. Some people say it's so wrong
But even when we fight, girl you turn me on."

"Come on Harry, I know you know the words!" I said over the loud music and we began to sing loudly together.

"We're like na, na, na, Then we're like yeah, yeah, yeah. Always like na, na, na, Then we're like yeah, yeah, yeah" the windows were down as the warm air rushed through the car as Harry, Mitch, and I sang along loudly as Sarah laughed. I feel so extremely happy, I haven't felt this open and happy in a long time, I missed this feeling, the feeling of so much joy you can feel it in your chest.

The feeling of being surrounded by my favorite people after my first showcase, singing what could very well be the most thoughtful, poetic song Harry has ever been apart of, is so surreal to me. This feels like... a scene from some stupid Netflix movie, I can't even comprehend that this is real, I never imagined that i would ever be this happy again. I feel so free and just larger than life, but that's nothing new, I've been finding myself feeling like this a lot recently... Harry truly makes me feel on top of the world.

I leaned forward to look at him again and he looked to me and smiled, he never failed to give me butterflies. His smile never stops making me nervous. He's beautiful, timeless, captivating, and I wonder if he ever thinks of me, the way that I think about him. He's honestly a ray of sunshine, and the fact he came tonight and even told the others about it so they could come, was hard to believe. The pure excitement on his face when he walked over to me tonight, and the way he studied each of the photos on display. He was interested because it was my passion. I bet this man has never looked at a photograph of some cat as hard as, and for as long as he did tonight... because it was mine.

We were close to his street now after passing beachwood cafe a few minutes ago letting me know we were close and I would finally get to lay down, and with Harry to make it even better. I started to feel giddy as we turned onto his street and passed the other houses, most were without their lights on since it was 10pm.

We pulled into his driveway and Mitch adjusted the music to be quieter as to not disturb his neighbors who were tucked in bed trying to sleep. Mitch turned to me and put a hand on my knee.

"Amazing work tonight, Vic. I mean, amazing work as always, but congratulations on your first showcase." He said to me with a smile and I could feel my face heat up and Sarah nudged me.

"And I loved that Arlo got his spotlight tonight." She said and I nodded shrugged.

"He's a real star, he deserved his spot on that wall." I told them and Harry chuckled and flashed me a toothy smile.

"And i just wanted to be the first to say, congratulations." Jeffrey said with a smug grin as Mitch swatted at his arm rolling his eyes causing me to laugh. These people are so important to me and despite not knowing them very well individually, they were my people and I was one of theirs.

"The only one I didn't like was that one of that concert... the ugly man in that pink suit? Not a fan, I bet he's the type of person to make his band wear stupid colorful suits that nobody likes..." Mitch said and glared at Harry as we laughed.

"I'm not ugly, the suit wasn't ugly, and you're just bitter because you know you look good in it." Harry fired back and Mitch scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You're wrong and I hate you. Leave." Mitch said back and turned back around in his seat to turn away from Harry. I held my laughter in as Harry opened his door and got out, and ran- and I mean like actually ran, around to the other side of the car and opened my door for me. Mitch turned back around and smiled widely to me.

"Bye Vic! Congrats again!" He said and I waved to him as I stepped out and we all mumbled excited goodbyes to each other before I closed the door and took Harry's hand and he lead us to the door beside the big garage door. I kicked my shoes off once inside and we followed up the wooden stairs and into the kitchen, I went to the living room and collapsed on the couch and then brushed my hair from my face. Harry walked in and chuckled before sitting down beside my head and looking down to me and I gave him a toothy smile.

"You... are glowing." He said and I shook my head, just hearing those words just fills my heart to the brim. "You are radiating joy." He added and I nodded to him and tilted my head to the side and admired him for a moment.

"Today was... a very good day. I never thought I would ever be able to feel this kind of joy again. I almost feel guilty." I told him truthfully. I do feel guilty, selfish even for having such a pure love for being alive right now, and I can't pinpoint why.

"Baby, never feel guilty for feeling full. You deserve every ounce of joy that comes your way." He said and brushed my hair from my forehead gently and gave me a small smile.

"I just, everything is going so well right now it's hard to imagine how quickly everything has changed for me. My inbox is flooded with requests from new clients, I had my first showcase tonight and my favorite person came to cheer me on.... all the matters is that I'm happy, I'm happy and I love what I'm doing, that's the only thing you really need to be successful." I told him and he nodded and leaned down placing a light kiss on my lips.

"You tired?" He asked softly and I nodded and closed my eyes. "Let's get you to bed, I have some clothes you can wear to bed." He told me and I took a deep breath and forced myself off the couch and I followed behind him up the stairs to his bedroom. He went to his dresser and pulled out a pair of his black boxers and a white t-shirt. I slid the blazer off my shoulders and turned my back to Harry before pulling my black shirt over my head and throwing his white one on. I unbuttons my pants and slid them to my ankles and stepped out and kicked them to the side and put the boxers on. I turned around and Harry was sitting in bed with the blanket pulled up over his head.

"....Harry?" I asked confused and he perked out of the blanket and then pulled it down from his face. "What...are you doing?" I asked giggling and he pursed his lips and shrugged.

"I... didn't want you to think I was looking, I didn't want to be... invasive?" He said awkwardly. He didn't want to be disrespectful, so in response he pulled the blanket over his head like a child would to hide from the shadows in his room.

"Harry... you don't have to do.... thank you." I said as I cut myself off trying to figure out what I wanted to say. I picked up my clothes off the floor and put them on the chair in the corner of his room and walked back to him, he pulled the blankets open giving me a spot to get it under them. I slid under the blankets and he threw them back over me while wrapping his arm around me pulling me closer to him as I giggled.

I had my back pressed against the front of his body, he brushed my hair from my face and put his arm back around me.

"I'm really proud of you." He said quietly in my ear and it sent chills down my spine. Hearing him tell me he's proud... it was an even better feeling than the happiness I had all day. This was... so comforting, so uplifting.

"I love... I love that you came tonight, and with everyone else. It means the world to me." I said to him and he squeezed me tightly for a moment and placed my arm over his and curled my fingers between his.

"Goodnight super star." He said softly and I smiled at the nickname.

"Goodnight, Harry Styles."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 3.8K 42
ON HIATUS When a simple act of kindness can change a girls life. Paige was just enjoying her life with her friends when she gives up her seat to hel...
58 9 5
Poppy, 24, always lived her life behind the safety of her camera. Always watching people live their life, take risks, get hurt, fall in love, get hur...
229K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
3.6K 71 38
Sometimes love just sneaks up on you and sometimes it's for the best. Sometimes though things go horribly wrong and you don't know which way to turn...