Loving The Broken✓

By aishatu_humairah

Dreams Shattered, Ways blocked, hope lost, Everything comes crashing down. Painful past, hard present, an... More

A/N
1•The Burnt Food
2•The Nice Teacher
3•The Gift
4•Secret Concealed
5•Begining
6•Tears
7•Pain In Silence
8•Self Defense?
9•Garba
10•The Next Step
11•No where to be found
12•Habu
13•Maryama Maijiddah
14•The Visitor
15•Wedding
16•First Day in my Husband's House
17•Regret
18• Education is the key
19•New Home
20• First Day in Class
21• My In-Laws
22•The False Alibi
23• Throwback to the past
25• Obstacle
26• Renewal
27• Holiday
28• Climax
29• The Begining of a New Life
30• Null and Void
31• A Visit to My Hometown
32• A Second Chance
33• Admission is Out!
34• Yusuf's POV
35• Rebuilding a Broken Trust
36•Mending Two Broken Hearts
37• Time Flies like an Arrow
38• My Jiddah
39• Sencillo Lagos
40• Peace and Tranquility

24•Second Trimester

402 74 21
By aishatu_humairah

Not edited😔

Jiddah's POV

    He pulled over in front of the hospital and I got down with a squint on my face. I'm in my second trimester, the pregnancy is 5months old and today is my last Anti-natal in this month. Asuu is on strike and one way or the other it's in my favour, at least I won't be too stressed, We are done with our first session though, so when the strike is over we are going to 200level.

   Yusuf didn't talk about abortion again, I was about to report him to the person he's most afraid of which is his Mom so what do you expect, but he still didn't hide the fact he isn't happy about the pregnancy, buy in the presence of his mom, he even kisses my bump, can you imagine, he's an expert in pretence. I walked into the ANC(anti natal care) department and made my self comfortable. The Mid-wife was talking about the Diet Of A Pregnant Woman.

   Few minutes later the session was done and we began seeing the Doctor, I was the 31st person, I didn't come on time. It was Yusuf that wasted my time now I have to wait for almost an hour, I was feeling very dizzy and weak so I decided to go out to have some fresh air. "Are you alright?" The woman beside me asked, "Yes Ma, I'm just feeling suffocated, let me go out and grab some air" I gestured at the door. "Okay then, becareful" she said licking her agwalima. "Sure thanks" I smiled and took a step forward, my head started spinning and my eyes became blurry.

Two Hours later

     I opened my eyes and found myself in a room, did I blank out? I asked myself squinting my eyes because of the slight headache. "Baby sorry" a voice which I recognize as Yusuf's uttered. "You blanked out and so the hospital called me, I'm sorry baby" he kissed my forehead. "It's fine" I nodded my head. "Can we go home?" I asked him and he looked at the nurse. "Yes, but you have to see the doctor" she said. "Okay then thank you" Yusuf said. He sat me up, put my hijab for me, and we walked to the doctor's office.

  "Mr.Yusuf your wife's blood pressure is high and it may affect the baby, please try to make sure that nothing bothers her, I mean she should be stress free...and she should also be eating well, especially fruits, vegies and proteins like beans, the amount of blood in her body may be risky to undergo child brith with, she has to have enough blood so as to prevent blood loss during child delivery"
  "Thank you Doc" he shook her hands with the Doctor.

   "You don't need any kind of stress at all please take care, cause emotional stress can also affect the baby's health" he stated to me. "Okay Sir" I managed to utter. "I wish you a safe delivery" he said. "Thank you sir" we chorused.

🌷🌷🌷🌷

    "Hope you heard what the doctor said, and the only way for you to be stress free is to mind your business, don't stick your nose in other people's problem, stop thinking I'll change my way of life because of you, better get yourself out of that delusion or believe, or what do ever you take it as" he mocked.

Silence is the best answer to a full. May Allah make it easy for me, the moment I deliver this babe I'll sort him out. I said to myself after giving him a blank expression. "Good that's it, I don't want to be seeing any kind of emotion on your face, it usually leaves my good side of the heart feeling almost guilty" he chuckled.

   "You know what?, Thanks for disagreeing to my opinion of abortion, now look how I've become my Mom's favorite, she's so happy she's going to be a Grandma and for Dad he even said he might leave all the branches under my care when the baby finally comes, that's his way of expressing his own happiness" he said. "Oh really?" I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah"

I couldn't care less!.

   I pushed the sit back and rested my back, it was hurting me badly wllhi, I wish I can just get a massage.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

2months later

    I adjusted maryam's sleeping position and covered her with blanket. I sashayed out of the room and headed to the staircase. "Kee!" I heard his voice from no where. I turned around and saw him moving close to me, "Didn't you hear me calling you?!" He yelled, odour of alcohol heat my nostrils making me to close my nose with my right hand, he came back home drunk, something he's never done since his parents came back home. "Yusuf you're drunk" I said.

    "So what?, How is that a business of yours" he blinked his eyes. "Ohh yeah it is none of my business, just don't let Mommy see you in this state" I smirked. "How dare you talk to me in that manner?" He furrowed his brows.  "Whatever" I waved my hand in dismissal form. "Ke" he grabbed my arm and shake me.

    "Yusuf leave me alone you're hurting me" I cried, "I won't, I said I won't leave you" he laughed. "Leave me alone" I yelled. "I'll shout wllhi so Mom will hear me" I threatened. "Go ahead"

   "Mom please come Yusuf won't leave me alone" I cried, "you see she did not answer you" he laughed. "Leave me alone" I bite his hand. "Ouch!" He yelled in pain. "How dare you" he slapped me on my face two times. "Innalillahi" I cried. "Do I look like your mate now" he slap me once more. "A'a Sorry" I cried.

   "Stupid kawai" he kicked me with his leg, I shaked a little and then lost balance, I couldn't control myself, my leg slipped and the next second I was on the floor. "Ji..Ji..Jiddah" he called my name. "I'm in pain" I cried, I felt pain all over my body.

               Third Person's POV

They walked back and forth in the corridor of the hospital waiting for the outcome of their sons doing. Yusuf was still not in his right senses, his sight is still blurry and his head hurt alot but he surely knows he's in for it, for the first time in his life, he realized the effect of alcohol and curse it effect on the human kind.

He couldn't stand nor sit, he can't think straight also, what if the baby dies, what if something bad happens to Jiddah, what will be his parents reaction, what if the human right council interfere in this matter?, He kept asking his self questions. He wiped the sweat that gathered on his forehead and looked up at his mom who looks devasted and frightened, he felt shivers all over his body, he has never seen his parents in this situation and both of them won't speak or respond to any of his pleadings.

"Yusuf you are cursed if this girl loose her life because of this" his mom cried. "Mom please I'm sorry" he cried, his eyes and face red from crying. "Don't touch her" his Dad raised his finger at him as a sign of warning.

The theatre room opened and two doctors showed up, the three of them walked up to them. "Hope the both of them are okay and fine?" Yusuf's Mom asked. "Let's talk in the office" one of the Doctors said.

••••••••••••

"The pregnancy was just 8months, but the stress she was going through pushed her into labour, unfortunately the featus was already dead inside of her before you brought her to the hospital, so we performed surgery and the removed it" The first Doctor stated.

"Innalillahi wa'ina Ilaihi raji'un" His Mom uttered while the Dad was just shaking his head in regret and disappointment. "Can we..can we see her?" Yusuf asked.

"She's still unconscious, and when she wakes up she'd be the one to decide wether she'll speak to you or not, as it is very clear that this accident happened as a result of domestic violence" The doctor stated.

"No Doctor why would u say that, we told you that she slipped from the staircase" His Mom said. "We saw shades of slap on her face Mam" the Second Doctor stated. "How long will it take before she wakes up?" The Father asked. "2hours at most" he said. "Okay thank you Soo much Doctor" he shook hands with the Doctor and exited the room.

"Doctor please don't take this case to the human right please, we can solve it on our own, it's a family issue" His Mom pleaded. "This issue is not under our control Ma, just pray the lady doesn't speak against your son, if she does it might grow into something big" The Doctor stated.

"Sir your next surgery is in 1 hour" the resident doctor said, "Okay let's go for evening round before then" he said to her and she nodded her head. His Mom stood up and headed outside while he followed suit.

2hr30minutes later

"Don't be scared and tell me exactly what you said a while ago to me, this people here are ready to protect your rights" The female doctor held Jiddah's hand. Yusuf was just standing there like a statue covered by fair and regret. She repeated what she said to the female doctor in front of the human right activist, Yusuf and his parents.

"Domestic violence is something we need to speak up about before it gets out of hand, Thank you for sharing your experience with us we'll fight for your right and the injustice done to you, You'll be leaving with Doctor Suhailat here before everything cools down"

"I'm sorry Mr.Kamal but she wouldn't live with you for the mean time, till further investigations commence" She said to him. "Okay Then, amnesty please, we can solve this issue without letting the media know about it" Yusuf's Dad shook hands with him. "Sure Sir" he smiles at him.

"Jiddah, I'm sorry, please" Yusuf walked up to her, "Let's go" His Dad yelled at him.

••••••••••

Sorry for the late update, I've been very busy with school😊

🥀🥀🥀🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 8.1K 26
~~Love Prevails~~ ~~its a heart touching love story ~~click on to find out how Haisam & Majnoon were able handle all the trials they faced ~~its gonn...
99.1K 12.9K 45
I was in a dark place with no one to hear my cries, I screamed but the sound just echoed into a far distance The pain was unbearable from almost ever...
119K 18.9K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
69.2K 11.3K 74
~BOOK 3 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED. ON 20-JANUARY-2021 FINISHED. ON 15-OCTOBER-2021 #1 in mothers. On. 7-08-2021 #1 in introvert...