Irresistibly Forbidden

By CoraFS

Alejandra Collisimo is the teenage daughter of the Italian Mafia don. With 5 overbearing older brothers and... More

CHARACTERS
Chapter 1: Welcome To America
Chapter 2: Trouble
Chapter 3: Familiar
Chapter 4: Jaxon
Chapter 5: Crappy Start to the Day
Chapter 6: Suspicions
Chapter 7: Macaluso?
Chapter 8: The Race and The Party
Chapter 9: Truth
Chapter 10: Deals
Chapter 11: Hot and Bothered
Chapter 12: Absent
Chapter 13: Benefits
Chapter 14: Anita
Chapter 15: Disagreement
Chapter 16: Phone calls with Papรก
Chapter 17: Broken Nose
Chapter 18: Mood swings
Chapter 19: Hurt Feelings
Chapter 20: Claim
Chapter 21: Period
Chapter 22: Trust In Gabriel
Chapter 23: Dinner
Chapter 24: Dead
Chapter 25: Fair
Chapter 26: Territory
Chapter 27: Tease
Chapter 28: Day Off
Chapter 29: What Just Happened?
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: Different
Chapter 32: Heart to Hearts and a Gunshot
Chapter 33: Officially Over
Chapter 34: New Friends
Chapter 35: Unexpected Conversations
Characters Part 2
Chapter 36: Too many Questions
Chapter 37: Revelations
Chapter 38: Double Standards
Chapter 40: American Flag
Chapter 41: Acts Of Kindness
Chapter 42: Surprise Appearances
Chapter 43: Car Rides and Kisses
Chapter 44: Confrontations
Chapter 45: First Proper Date
Chapter 46: Some Inspirational Words
Chapter 47: Panicked Calls
Chapter 48: Progress
Chapter 49: Feeling Left Out
Chapter 50: Secrets

Chapter 39: Early Returns

14.4K 431 283
By CoraFS

The next morning was a bit of a blur. 

My brothers were down at breakfast which was a little awkward. I think the whole family felt the tension but no one dared say anything about it. Luckily though it was a quick breakfast since everyone was getting their things ready and packed into the car. 

As much as I love the Lodge, I think I'm going to have to sit this one out. Things are too awkward between me and my brothers and our lack of communication would most likely just ruin the trip for everyone else. 

Mama says we should just push it aside for a few days but I can't just forget about it. Call me childish but I can't pretend it didn't happen. I don't want them thinking that I've forgiven them. I'm just too stubborn for my own good. 

I think I'm just going to go back to New York. There's no point in staying here since everyone's leaving anyway. Papa arranged for a flight to take me back tonight so I've got some time to just chill about. Everyone left about an hour ago, so it's just around 2pm right now. 

I decide to go to a little restaurant in the village for lunch. I used to love going there as a child. Whenever I had a bad day or was feeling down, mama would take me there. It's kind of like a tradition now, and this little restaurant must be one of the things I miss most about Italy. Besides my family obviously, although unlike my family it doesn't give me grief all the time. 

As I drive out of the estate, a single SUV follows behind me. There's probably only one guard inside since the risks are pretty small in this area. Everyone's too scared to do anything to any of us. I would honestly probably be alright without one but obviously Papa likes to take precautions.

I drive for a little bit into the village and park just outside of the small restaurant. I greet the seemingly new waiter as he takes me to a table and hands me a menu. Not that I need one. Already knowing that I'll have the lasagne, I put the menu down and look around the place. There are only a couple other people in here, that are so obviously trying not to look at me. Afraid I'll pull out a gun and shoot them if I catch them staring. Honestly people are very dramatic. Then again I can't really blame them since they're seen what my family's done.

The owner doesn't work on a Sunday so I won't even get to see her which is disappointing. She treats me like a granddaughter so I know she'll be quite upset when she finds out I was here and didn't get to see me. If circumstances were different, I probably would come and spent a whole day with her. Sunday's her family day so i wouldn't want to pull her away from that. I think i'll just leave her a little note after lunch.

The door opens, catching my attention and in strolls Franco. I roll my eyes. Of course, he's the one working today. He walks straight over to my table, and sits down across from me. 

"Can I help you?" I ask, leaning forward in my seat. He smirks at me. "Well, I figured we have a few uninterrupted hours before you leave again." He raises his eyebrows. I huff leaning back, "No." I say firmly. 

He scoffs, "Did you not have fun last night?" He asks cockily. I look at him in the eyes, squinting them a little. "You know I had fun." He smiles arrogantly at that. "But It can't happen again." His eyebrows furrow a that. As much as I enjoyed last night, it feels wrong now. I know I don't have any obligations to Jaxon but I think I need to fully get over him before sleeping with anyone else again. 

His eyes narrow as he looks like he's trying to figure something out. I just stare blankly at him trying not to give anything away. Unfortunately, though he knows me too well. "There's someone else isn't there." He smiles smugly at his observation, leaning back in his seat. I just roll my eyes. 

"Kind of." There's no point in denying it, he knows when I'm lying. "Complicated?" He questions with a look of understanding on his face. I just sigh, "Not really, I mean we were together then we broke up. It just didn't work out, We argued a lot but then when we weren't arguing everything felt perfect." I trail off, but quickly shake those feelings away, "I don't know we're just too similar but different at the same time." I explain a little. He just scoffs again. My eyes snap up to his, what the hell was that for?

"Come on Alejandra, you must still like this guy if you don't want to sleep with anyone else. Plus I can see it in your eyes." He tries to reason with me. 

"You don't just get over feelings like that Franco, it takes time." I say defending myself. "Yea but you obviously feel bad about sleeping with me. If your completely finished with him then you wouldn't have any problems being with someone else. "He argues. 

"No that's not true, I don't know about guys but it takes girls a while to get over boys they were in love with." I defend, not realising what I said. Franco smirks folding his arms. "Love?" 

I groan frustratingly, "Yes, look I loved the guy and a part of me still does. But we can't be together. We just don't work." I conclude.

"Aleja, I've never seen you with a guy that's not me, yet here you are telling me you Love someone. That's worth fighting for A." I shake my head. We've tried and it doesn't work.

"You've never seen me with another guy because I used to live in a house with an army of cockblockers." He just laughs in agreement with that. "And we've tried, believe me we have, but something always happens that ruins it." I say sadly, I would love to be with him but it's too complicated. I just need to get over him. 

"Look, all I know is that if you're meant to be together you will be. And if not then you know I'm always up for a good time." He smirks, I just roll my eyes laughing. Just after that the waiter comes back over to take our orders as Franco ends up having lunch with me. 

***

Time fly's by and before I know it, I'm getting myself seated on the jet, ready to say goodbye to Italy again. 

It's quite bittersweet this time though. Bitter since I'm leaving with an unresolved argument once again but sweet since I won't have any more issues with them and I'm going back to the freedom of living on my own. 

The flight is pretty much the same as the last one. I slept nearly the whole time. When we land in New York, It's the middle of the night which once again won't help my jet lag. Gabriel drove me home then left to go to bed. I don't think he had much sleep, if any. 

I put my bags in my room, deciding ill unpack them later. Since it's Monday, school starts in like 5 hours. Considering I don't have anything else to do, I may as well go to school. I haven't done any of the stuff that the teachers gave me to do anyway. 

Seeing as I haven't eaten in a while, I think I'm just going to get changed for school, go get some food then drive around till school starts. I think I'll just go to McDonalds's honestly.

I quickly get changed the navigate my way to the nearest McDonalds. I just go to the drive through then eat in the car instead of going inside. It's comfier and warmer in here. 

I drive around aimlessly, ending up in the city before sunrise. I then get stuck in morning traffic on the way back. Which was just a bundle of fun. Despite the traffic though I still end up at school a good 40 minutes before it starts. Guess I'll just sit in the car. 

Even though, the spaces at the front of the car park are empty I'd rather just stick to my usual space at the side since I get out faster at the end of the day. 

I'm just playing about on my phone to waste time when I hear a bunch of cars speeding into the car park. I look up and realise that it's Jaxon and the others. I furrow my eyes in confusion. Why the fuck are they here this early? The boys usually walk-in mid class without a care in the world. It's very unusual for them to be here early never mind this early.

I watch as they take their spaces and all get out. Aspen and Winter run towards the school whereas the rest of them just stand about talking. I look at Jaxon as he zones out of the conversation and looks around. It's just my luck when he spots my car and of course starts walking over. 

Perfect. Fucking Perfect.

I know he wants to talk but I can't get back together with him. We'll both just end up hurt again. 

He opens the passenger door and slides in. Once the door is shut he turns to face me. "What are you doing back so early?" I just turn to face forward. "Family issues." I say bluntly. 

"What kind of family issues." He urges. We're not together anymore, he doesn't get to know. 

"None of your business." I hear him sigh. "Come on Alejandra you can talk to me, it must be bad if you've left so early. I just want to help." 

"Well, you shouldn't. We're broken up Jaxon and I'm not just going to come to you about my problems anymore. Especially not family ones." I say, turning to stare him in the eyes. He shows no emotion or reaction to my words. 

"Okay I understand the family bit but Aleja I want you to come to me about your problems. I want to help you." He says sternly. I just scrunch up my eyebrows. "Why? Jaxon we've been over this. The relationship is gone, meaning we don't act like we used to. How are we supposed to get over each other if we still act like we're together. If we're still involved in each others business?"

"Don't be like that. Don't act like you don't love me. We can get past everything, it doesn't need to end. I think we just need to talk more about things and-" I cut him off, not looking a him anymore,

"I slept with someone else."

***

Hehe, I know I'm evil. Sorry!

Until Next time ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 608 16
Elรฉa Bellerose is a mysterious girl, no one knows what she's feeling or thinking. She lost her mother at birth due maternal death, making her feel gu...
2.9M 78.3K 50
She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She thinks she has no other family members and...
625K 14.2K 35
Meet Angela Santiago, the daughter of the most feared mafia boss in Spain and the sister of three overprotective older brothers. She's a loving and n...
328K 6.5K 43
[COMPLETE][UNEDITED] โ๐ข ๐š๐ฆ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐ž'๐ฌ.โž เฆ“ ๐’๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐–๐ก๐ข๐ญ๐ž (๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—), the d...