Insecure Misfits (IzuJiro)

By KyokaJiroChan

Izuku Midoriya was a boy with bushy green hair of 16 years said to be quirkless. He had been bullied his whol... More

One's Spirit is a Blessing
A True Friendship P.2
One can only Feel Humiliation
Don't Worry
Inner Strength
One Step Forward
Bright Burst
Memory Pipes
I Will Always Win, To Save you
Clouded Thoughts and Beliefs
Asphyxia
Declaration of War
Cavalry, Revelry
Fighting Spirit
Strong as Fire, Weak as Ice
Overwhelming Determination
Work Veil
God Dammit Iida,...You Bastard
"Hand Crusher"
"Stalling"

A True Friendship P.1

9.5K 171 471
By KyokaJiroChan

Kyoka was cringing to herself on her bed. She had her arms wrapped around her legs and her head was hiding behind them. She wanted to cry out of embarrassment. She had no idea why  she just did that. she just gave a guy she had only known for no more than a few hours her number, something she hasn't given anyone besides her parents.

What if he thought she was weird? What if he was only trying to make her feel better? Wait. What if he only talked to her because there was more to the exam than just destroying robots? He probably wont even call her. Kyoka had let out a few tears as she raised her head from behind her legs. "I-I'm such a d-dumbass." Kyoka said to herself still sniffling.

She looked to her right and looked at her mirror. All she saw in her eyes was a flat chested nobody that will probably never find someone to love. She looked away from the mirror and buried her face into her knees.

Immediately after she did that she felt a vibration on her bed. She sprung her head up and looked at her phone which was charging and it was on with a message from a random number. Kyoka wiped her tears and smiled at this. He actually texted her. She wasn't expecting it. Maybe he thinks different from other people. I mean he didn't look that bad of a person. actually he looked pretty cut-. 'STOP!' Kyoka shouted at herself in her head as her face was red.

------------------------------------

Izuku had arrived home and was greeted by his mother. Once that happened he went and took a shower. Afterwards he gotten dressed and sat up on his bed staring intensely at the phone. This wasn't a dream. He even made sure of that my slapping himself in the face a few times in the shower. He actually talked to a girl, Had a good conversation with her, and got her NUMBER. 

He couldn't even believe it. She didn't even think he was weird. a matter a fact, she giggled at his mumbling and her quirk is cool. 

Izuku reached for his phone with his right arm. He was shaky. He grabbed his phone and unlocked it using his pass-code. It opened to the most recent tab open which was his contacts. He clicked text and texted her.

Izuku: Um, hello is this Jiro?

Kyoka: Yea its me

Kyoka: are we still going to hang out tomorrow?

Izuku: I-I mean sure, I'm s-still up for it

Kyoka: did you just stutter through text?

Izuku: oh I'm sorry

Kyoka: Oh, don't worry about it's fine. anyways want to meet at the front of U.A?

Izuku: Yea sure. H-how does 4pm sound?

Kyoka: Yea that's good. anyways I gtg ill see you tomorrow Midoriya

Izuku: yea i'll see you tomorrow.

Izuku stared at the text messages for about thirty minutes. 'I just talked to a girl on the phone.' He thought to himself. This was a first to him. Other than his mother he hasn't talked to anybody on the phone, not even through text! Izuku was happy and rather quite nervous about tomorrow but either way, in his mind.

Tomorrow couldn't come any quicker

------------------------------

Kyoka turned off her phone and she was completely shocked. She wasn't actually expecting him to agree to go hang-out. Hell, she wasn't even expecting him to text her at all. She took one shaky deep breath and got out of her bed and made her way down stairs to eat dinner.

She made it down stairs and her parents were down stairs sitting at the table. She sat down on an empty seat with the food in front of her. It was Udon Ramen with Taro fritters as a side. 

"So, Kyoka how was your exam. we were worried when you didn't pick up the phone." Her mother Mika asked as Kyoka was eating her Udon. She slurped up the udon she had in her mouth before see spoke.

"Well, I think I did good, I was really hurt after though. Oh and my phone was dead." She responded as she put the chop sticks into her bowl grabbing more Udon to shove in her mouth. 

The table was filled with an awkward silence as the family ate their dinner. "Ok... who is he." Mika asked and Kyoka almost spitting out the Udon she had in her mouth almost choked on it at the same time. "W-w-what are you t-talking a-about?" Kyoka asked with a red face. Her mother was someone who can easily read someone, especially her daughter and husband. Plus it doesn't help when her quirk can literally hear through walls.

"Don't pretend, You were texting on the phone. You never text anyone besides me or your father." Mika said and Kyoka sighed in defeat as her mother dangled her jacks in the air. "I hear everything you know." She continued to teased and Kyoka buried her face in her hands. 

"H-he, um.... he s-saved me during the e-exams." Kyoka said still having her face buried into her hands. Mika was about to open her mouth to say something else but before a peep can even be made Kyoka interrupted her. "H-he is j-just a friend ok. I doubt he would like.... this." Kyoka said referring to her body which was a petite figure. Mika notices Kyoka's look and she know she feels uncomfortable at the moment. 

Mika and Kyoka's father, Kyotoku, were happy that she was able to get a friend after a few years of being socially inept. They know how they're daughter thinks and that Kyoka gets uncomfortable easily around the subject of social interaction. They don't really push her much about it and they always wanted her to have a happy life and be social. Kyoka is just a difficult person to help become social.

Kyoka looked down at her Udon now embarrassed and uncomfortable, loosing her sense of appetite. She got up from her seat. "Thanks for meal mom and dad, but I'm going to go to sleep." Kyoka said making her way to the stairs. She walked up the stairs and Mika sighed knowing she did something wrong.

It took Kyotoku all he had to hold in the fact that the first person that she talked to that wasn't her parents for more than three years was a boy. "Its okay Mika, you know how she is." Kyotoku said kissing his wife's cheek. "I know, but its so hard to tease her about anything. I hope this boy will help her break her shell." Mika said and Kyotoku nodded.

Kyoka was up in her room on her bed, arms wrapped around legs again. She looked a her phone and cringed a bit. She didn't know what she just did back there but none the less she gave a small smile. she had no idea why, but she was a bit. She went under her covers with only a single thought a mind.

Tomorrow couldn't come any faster.

--------------------------------

It was the next day around three o' clock pm and Kyoka was frustrated with herself. She had no idea what she was going to wear. She looked at the mirror and saw here petite figure. She had a flat chest with small curves something she was not proud of.

She looked back at her closet and pulled out a black T-shirt and a violet hoodie with 'DEEP DOPE' on it. She also grabbed a pair of black jeans. "Looks like someones going out." Kyoka turned her head to her right, towards the door to her room, to see her mother Mika.

Kyoka just tried her best to ignore her, she wasn't in the mood for any of her mother's teasing at the moment. "Is it with the boy we talked about yesterday?" Mika asked as Kyoka took a shaky breath as she looked a what she was about to wear. She put the cloths away unsure what she wants to do.

Mika does notice that her daughter is a bit distressed and having discord in her mind. Mika took a seat on Kyoka's bed. "Kyoka I'm your mother you can tell me anything." She said and Kyoka took a seat next to hiding head behind a single hand. "I..... I don't know w-what to do. I-I'm scared that he will think I-I'm weird like everyone else does." Kyoka confessed as she felt her head pounding. She had no idea why she was scared, he seemed like a good person.

"Look Kyoka, just be yourself. I doubt that the person who would risk his life to save you, a person he didn't know at all, would care much about his friend's opinions and how they dress." Mika said trying to reach to her daughter and reassuring her. This is no time for teasing, she knows Kyoka had it rough during elementary and socially introverted herself through out her entire junior high years, so this will be a big step for Kyoka.

"Y-you, think so?" Kyoka asked and Mika nodded. Mika would have time for teasing after this is over. Kyoka hugged her mother. "Thanks mom." She said and her mother hugged her back patting her in the back. "Now you should put something on." Mika suggested as the two released from the hug. Mika walked out of the room as Kyoka walked towards her closet again.

Kyoka took out the same violet colored hoodie as before and walked towards her dresser and opened a drawer. she took a shaky breath as she took out a skirt and nets. 'Relax Kyoka, just be yourself.' She thought to herself as she took a deep breath.

She took off her current clothes and put on the hoodie and skirt along with the nets for her legs. The skirt reached half-way down to her knees. Kyoka went to the closet and grabbed a pair of combat boots and long socks and put them on. 

She really didn't want to look in the mirror, so she didn't instead she grabbed her phone seeing the time was 3:45pm and was about to walk out the house when she heard a cough. She turned around to see her mother. She gave her a nod. "Have fun." Mika said as Kyoka sighed and gave a small smile. "Bye, and I'll try to." 

------------------------------------

Kyoka had arrived at the front gates of U.A and saw Izuku looking up at the school. He was wearing a blue jacket with a hoodie and the zipper was undone to reveal a shirt that said something in kanji. He wore black shorts and red sneakers along with his shirt and jacket. 

Kyoka took a deep breath as she approached closer. Kyoka was standing right next to him but he didn't notice. He was just staring at the hero high school. He looked deep in thought.

"Midoriya?" Kyoka called out and Izuku immediately sprung up and flinched. Kyoka snickered and giggled a bit at his reaction. She had no idea why but being his presence, just made her feel better. "O-oh h-hi, Jiro-." Izuku stopped mid sentence and froze. "M-midoriya, you ok?" She asked and Izuku snapped out of it and shook his head.

"I-I'm ok, I-Its just that y-you look stunning." Izuku stated and Kyoka's eyes widened and felt butterflies in her stomach. Did he really think that? No. He must need glasses or something. This was something Kyoka did not expect. Hell, she thought she would gotten lucky if he only still agreed to hang out. But, he said she looked stunning.

"Y-yea, t-thanks." Kyoka said turning her head to hide the blush. "D-did I say something w-wrong?! I-Im s-sorry if I did." Izuku said and Kyoka shook her head slightly. "N-no you didn't. C'mon" Kyoka said walking away and Izuku followed suit.

The two started walking together talking a little bit during the walk. Kyoka was enjoying her time and all the nervousness and tension she had on her shoulders loosened their grip. She always found it funny when Izuku would go on a mutter spree and almost suffocate himself. If Kyoka was being honest, she had no idea were she was going. She had no Idea were to go. They were just walking and talking, enjoying each others presence.

Eventually Kyoka looked at the opposite end of the street from the sidewalk they were on and spotted a music store. On top of that it was one she had been to many times. Did she come here on instinct? Or was it just a coincidence that they walked for almost thirty minutes and end up at a music store that was also thirty minutes away from U.A. She didn't even notice she took that direction.

She took a deep breath as she tapped his shoulder. "Hey, Midoriya, want to go inside the music store?" Kyoka asked of the greenette and he nodded with a smile. 

They crossed the street and walked inside the store. Izuku and Kyoka felt the relieve of an A/C as they entered. Izuku had no Idea what he was doing, nor did he know his taste in music. So, he just let Kyoka do her thing. 

The Violette started looking through acoustic guitars, which confused Izuku. "U-um Jiro?"

"Hm?"

"W-what are you doing?"

Kyoka looked at him then back at the guitars. She wasn't really sure what she was doing herself. She thought she was just browsing, but why acoustic guitars? "W-well, do you know how to play an instrument?" She asked and Izuku shook his head and scratched the back of it. "N-no not really." Izuku responded and Kyoka looked back at the guitars and took a deep breath. 

"W-well, I can teach you h-how to play one. If you want at least. I just thought it would be another reason to hang out more." Kyoka said and Izuku understood what she meant and rapidly nodded. "I-I mean, I-I would love to, but I d-don't think I have any money t-to buy a guitar." Izuku said and Kyoka signed. She didn't know if she was sure enough that she wanted to do what she had in mind. What could go wrong?

"Well, y-you dont have to. I have a bunch at home." Kyoka said clinking her jacks and Izuku was just frozen. "A-are you sure?" Izuku asked and Kyoka slightly nodded. She got up and the two walked out of the store and started walking around again and talking.

"Where do you want to go next?" Kyoka asked and Izuku put his pointer finger and thumb on his chin as he began to think. Kyoka had no idea why she was so worried and tense.

She was having a blast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
32.3K 1.3K 19
Izuku was about to confess to the girls of his class, 1B, Mei, and Nejire but he saw them Confessing to his friends. He was saddened by this but he w...
587K 20.5K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
32.8K 983 45
[Complete✔✔] Have you ever wondered about a story that's fulled with love, hate, betrayal and trust? Well try this one for fun! ✿*♡LOVE♡LOV...