Spikes & Gloves Seulrene

By nomnom360

This story just kept coming into my mind and I wanted to write about it. There isn't too much angst...maybe... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

15

300 13 11
By nomnom360

Irene POV

I mentally scream after sending that text and couldn't fall asleep. I went to school looking like a mess once again and I could tell that Moonbyul and Yongsun were worried once again.

"This is your second time coming to school like this. What the hell happened to you this time?" Moonbyul asked. 

"Texting Seulgi is what happened this time." I said while yawning.

"Ah so you two are going at each other eh?" Moonbyul said smirking.

"Anyway, Irene are you going to practice after school today or are you going to visit Seulgi. I bet coach will understand if you decide to dip." Yongsun said.

"I might go see Seulgi, although I don't think I can miss work again. My boss will kill me." Yongsun and Moonbyul just nodded and we went on with school.

Once school got out, I said goodbye to my friends and headed for the hospital. 

I got into her room and immediately saw her mom sitting in a chair. She didn't look as bad as Seulgi, but she still looked pretty bad. 

I stay quiet and then walk over to Seulgi to check if she was awake. I sigh in relief and then look at her mother.

"You really are the worst mother of the year." She looked down and actually looked sad like she already knew that.

"I know I am." She didn't make eye contact with me and I just sighed. Why do I feel like the adult in the room right now.

"If you knew that you were, you should have fixed this sooner. Seulgi went through so much because of you and you did so many things to her that hurt her both physically and mentally. You don't act like a mother for her and at this point, she should consider to not even have a mother because she doesn't know what a mother's love is because you didn't show it."

 I was so mad and I just let it out on her mom. She just stayed quiet and that made me calm down a bit and made me feel guilty for giving her a lecture.

"You can still change you know. It won't be that hard. Seulgi still believes in you and I believe in you as well. Seulgi went through so much, but she still loves you and still protects you. I haven't told on you because I trusted Seulgi and she said that she would fix her own problems and fix you in a way. You are the only mother figure that she has." I let out a sigh and I go to her mother and hold one of her hands.

"I'm just asking you to become that mother role for Seulgi because she treats you like one and she deserves the special love that a mother gives to her daughter. Please be the mother that loves her and stops this addiction. I don't know what happened in the past, and I might never know, but what is in the past is in the past. Seulgi is your present and your future." 

I let go of her hand and look at my watch.

"Sorry, but I have to go. I still have work to do. See you later Mrs. Kang! I hope we can meet again as better people. I will also try hard to be the best." I walk out the door with my head held high. As soon as I get in the car though, I let out a breath that I was holding in for a while. 

Practice what you preach Bae Joohyun. I sighed and went to work

Seulgi POV

I heard the door open, but I continued to be asleep. I heard a sigh and it sounded like my mom? Why was she here? Is she going to hit me again? Is she here because she is worried?

Before I was about to look over at my mom, I heard the door open again and I felt a tiny hand on mine...Who the hell is this? I started to panic a little until I heard a sigh. A sigh of relief? Irene?

Irene started to talk to my mother and I was worried that she would pummel my mom, but to my surprise, she was calmer than I expected. She was heated at the beginning, but then she turned calm and talked in that soothing voice. 

While she was talking, all I could think of was how beautiful she was. Inside and out.

I usually would be mad if someone did talk to my mom and get in the way of my problems, but for some reason, I felt relieved that Irene was the one that talked to her and how well she handled it all. 

Once I heard Irene leave the room I got up and faced my mom. My mom looked at me with a shocked expression then it turned into sadness and guilt.

I just stared at her and didn't say anything. Tears were already falling down my face because of Irene's speech and because I'm seeing my mother also in this state.

"I-I'm sorry Seulgi." I just stare at her saying nothing.

"I can't believe I didn't realize sooner how long you have put up with me." She started to cry and I hopped off of the bed and ran to her. We both hugged each other and cried in each others arms.

"I can't believe you still loved me and believed in me after all I have done." She kept going on a speech and I just shook my head.

"We have both been through a lot mom and we both have different ways to cope with this." I said while crying.

"I hope you give me a chance to become an actual mother for you. You really didn't have anyone to look after you."

"I will always give you chance. I still believe that you can change. Now, I'm just waiting for it mom." We both start to wipe our tears and we just smile at each other.

"How about once we go home, we can do what you want to do. I can cook for you and we can play games together and talk about boys and girls if you would like." I just give a small laugh

"I would love that mom." We both hugged each other again and then my mom pulled apart first.

"Who was that girl that came in?"

"Her name is Irene, she is one of my friends." I said blushing a little bit.

"She has a lot of wisdom for someone her age."

"Yeah she really does." I let out a small chuckle and my mom looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Ah should we have the talk about girls now?" She asked. I just blushed even more.

"Well if you like her, go for her. I ship it." I just stood there shocked. Wow, my mom is really trying isn't she.

"Aren't you going a little too quick in change mom? I want you to at least be comfortable with it at first so then it just comes naturally." She nods.

"You're right. I might be trying too hard to change too fast. I promise I will be a better mom and person for you Seulgi." I nod and give her a smile. I then get back in bed and watch my mom go to the door. Before she goes out, she stops and looks at me.

"Don't let her go Seulgi. I think she has been through a lot to have that much wisdom. She is one of a kind and you won't find someone like her in the future." She leaves the room after saying that and I just let out a smile.

"Don't worry mom. I'm not planning on letting her go anytime soon if at all." I set up an alarm for a couple of hours and then went to sleep.

Irene POV

At work, I couldn't stop thinking about the speech I gave to Seulgi's mother. Was I too harsh? Did I even make an impact on her? Would it help Seulgi?

I heard the door open and looked up. My eyes widened when I saw Seulgi... What the hell is she doing here?!

I look at my manager and she just rolled her eyes while nodding a yes. I go to where Seulgi was seated.

"YAH! What are you doing here?! Why aren't you in the hospital?!"

"I wanted to see you!" She gave me her eye smile, but I continued to glare at her.

"You should still be resting at the hospital. Do they know you're here?!"

"Nope." She kept smiling at me and I panicked even more.

"Seulgi you have to go back. What if your injuries get worse?!"

"I want to talk to you after your work." She ignored my question and I just looked at her confused.

"Seulgi, this isn't some time to joke around. You should go back. Tell me tomorrow." 

"No." She folded her arms and gave a cute pout and I just sighed.

"Please Seulgi?" She looked at me.

"Irene I really need to talk to you. Afterwards, you can take me back to the hospital okay?" She sounded serious and I just sighed.

"My work doesn't end right now. I don't want you to wait for my shift to end like always." She then just lay her head on the table and I gave up. I continued with work and then once my shift was over I walked back over to Seulgi's table.

She was still asleep and she looked like a bear that was hibernating. I shook her and she finally woke up.

"Hey, let's go talk." She nodded and we started our walk. We went on a bridge and looked across the river. I leaned on the railing of the bridge and just stared in awe at how beautiful it was.

"Irene?"

"Hmm?"

Before she said anything else, I felt arms wrap around my body and felt Seulgi's head lean against my back. I was flustered and I didn't know what to do.

"You really are an amazing woman. You know that?" I just stayed silent not knowing how to respond. My heart kept beating at an unusual fast pace.

"Irene, I admire you so much. You are so beautiful inside and out and you always make me feel special. You always help me when I need it the most and you're always there for me. I want to be there with you as well." I pulled down her arms and turned around to see Seulgi looking down.

Without thinking about anything, I immediately pulled her into a kiss. She was shocked at first, but then kissed me back. I don't think I have ever felt this way before in my life, but I liked it. We both pulled away at the same time panting.

"So...what does this mean?" Seulgi asked. I just giggled.

"Kang Seulgi, would you be my girlfriend?" She just stared at me shocked and I gave her a confused look.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to be the one that asked you." She pouted and I laughed at her cuteness.

"Oh do you want to start over then?" She nods. She pulls me into a hug.

"Irene, would you be my girlfriend?"

"Bae Joohyun."

"What?"

"My name is Bae Joohyun." She looked at me and then smiled.

"Bae Joohyun, would you be my girlfriend?" I laughed at her.

"Of course." I stand on my tiptoes and peck her cheek.

"Bae Joohyun huh?" 

"Can you only call me this when we are alone? Just you and I?" 

"Uhhh, sure. Do you mind me asking why?" I didn't know what to tell her.

"Only special people get to know my real name." She gave me her famous eye smile.

"Okay then Hyunnie!" I looked at her shocked.

"What?"

"Hyunnie." 

"Fine, Seulbear." Seulgi looked at me shocked this time and we both laughed.

"I'm so glad you came into my life Bae Joohyun."

"And I'm glad you came into mine Kang Seulgi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
8.5K 262 12
Joohyun's just an ordinary doctor who treats patients and helps them as much as she can without trouble. Seulgi's known as an arrogant CEO who one da...
2.6K 107 10
❝i just want to protect you❞ the devil bae irene forced an innocent kang seulgi to change into a new person so that she won't be a target anymore but...
138K 4.2K 16
UNDER EDITING (If early chapters seem better written than master chapters, that's why. I will put a notice on the chapter when it has been edited :))...