Asterisk ( Twilight Fanfictio...

By weirdolflower

When Isle was found sleeping in the woods, she was awakened later at the hospital without a single clue about... More

Opening
Hello.
Vampires.
Hello again
Disclaimer.
Threat
Cursed
The Trap
Combat
Bright Light
The King
T'was Just a Papercut
Poignancy
Why do you feel like home?
Pr(a)(e)y
The Choice Was Yours.
Him
Self-discovery
Our sorries.
Why wont you?
Dawn of Eclipse
Behind The Truth
Seriousness

Nearing Death and New Beginnings

42 0 0
By weirdolflower

After seeing Bella's lifeless body, Isle wasted no time searching for a pulse. She puts her fingers on Bella's neck and sighed with relief after feeling a steady but weak pulse. Isle quickly took her coat out of the bag and lay it on Bella, putting an extra one after taking her own coat off. At least this will give her an extra bit of warmth.

She's hypothermic. Isle thought.

Bella was out here for 2 solid days, Isle was surprised she was still alive especially during this type of weather. "He left, Isle..." Bella muttered those words out even nearing death, she kept thinking about him. Of course she would. Edward was the only who could make her feel like she was an angel of a thousand heavens.

"Don't talk. You'll be okay. Just drink some water." Isle said after offering her a bottled water which Bella reluctant to take but gave up after Isle forced it on her.

She lets Bella rest for a while so she could figure out a plan to bring her out of the woods. Isle looked at her cell and noticed there was no single reception. She forgot she was in the thick woods with barely anything to survive on.

"You need my help. She won't last long in this weather." Fenrir spoke after a prolonged silence. Isle can only rolled her eyes, irritated.
"How will I even know that you won't hurt anyone?" She questioned him. There was a silence, but Isle waited patiently for his answer.
"You have my word." Fenrir answered at long last. Isle was reluctant to believe anything that comes out from his mouth, after all, could she ever trust him? After all the things that she had heard about him? She was terrified, to even dare taking another breath. But she had decided to trust him. She was left with no other choice but to receive the offer.

"Fine." Isle said. "Close your eyes, and focus on me." So she did.

Isle took a deep breath as she closed her eyes and projected herself back into the chambers where she saw him last, praying silently in her heart that nothing bad will happen to no one. That would be the last thing she'd want to do. As she falls back to the depth of her mind. She stood before Fenrir again. She looked up to this enormous beast which he looked down to her. Isle was precious to Fenrir as she was his only granddaughter. But he still feels l the resentment in his heart, guilty of the things he had done to get this far. He looked at her with great despise but only to be melted once she smiled at him. She was an innocent who had to go through so much.

Fenrir bowed his head down to her height. Isle flinched at his slightest movement but as Fenrir's head hanged low in front of her, she took her palm and put it on his head to rub it. It was her instinct that told her to do so.

Then suddenly a bright glowing white light was shining ever so brightly that it had pierced her eyes. After the light fades, she opened her eyes to see herself in-front of her. It was like a mirror. Another her has a beautiful sun shaped tattoo on her forehead and her eyes were a glowing red-crimson, beautiful but seemed lethal as well. Just like the color of Fenrir's eyes. Another her nodded at Isle. Suddenly she was back in reality again.

Isle's body wasn't hers anymore to control. But a part of her was still there, Fenrir had combined both of their bodies into one where she felt a surge of electricity flowing throughout her body. She began to take another deep breath and later let out a shrieking howl. A piercing howl that reverberated throughout the Forks's forest. It's resonance had given a thunderous vibration that even Bella could feel it. Bella was surprised by her friend's voice who she didn't think that Isle would possessed. Bella closed her ears to the deafening sound. But Isle didn't stop howling for another 5 seconds. When she stopped, she feels empowered, as if she was the alpha. Then later, multiple howling sounds were heard. It was the reply from the Quileute tribe.

Sam had heard her. He wasn't far off. Fenrir thought.

"You'll be fine now." Fenrir's voice echoed in her mind, silencing everything else. Isle can only look up to the dark sky, as her body was filled with so much power to hold. It was as if she had been reborn.

***

A sigh escaped from Isle's mouth as she viewed her surroundings. A few people were queueing to buy coffee and she silently watched as a middle-aged couple were seeing holding hands with each other muttering sweet nothings into each other's ears which she turned to look away. She was at the local café. She couldn't bear the sound of emptiness that were filling the corners of her house that it made her feel lonelier than ever. It was already few months after the Cullens had left. Isle learned how to move on quickly since missing him would do absolutely nothing. Carlisle hasn't contacted her since and she thought she would do the same. It will make it easier for her. She quickly gulped down her coffee and went out, zipping her jacket as it was cold outside. It was nearing December and the weather was beginning to fill the streets with ice. Snow was falling down from the sky and she remembered that she had read about seeing the first day of snow together in a romance novel. She thought that she could have that with Carlisle but only memories of him lingers around.

Isle was walking to her gallery. It has been a while since she had left her career hanged. She has been sketching a lot nowadays. But nothing progressive for her gallery. It was the passion she once had a fire for.

As she was nearing her gallery, she saw a man around 6 feet tall. He was eyeing Isle's gallery. He had a perky short ginger hair. His face has these small wrinkles on his face which made them the highlight of his face. Isle was wondering about his choice of clothing in this cold weather. It was rather a thin clothing. Brown leather jacket covering his dark blue shirt with a pair of black jeans. He was dressed rather in casuals. Isle walked faster towards him.

"The gallery is not opened yet." Isle said as she nearing him. That man quickly turned his head around. Which Isle noticed something strange. She really felt like she had seen him somewhere before. The man was flustered after seeing Isle. He stared at her for a few seconds before he speak up.

"Ah yes. I know that. I was just wondering if this gallery was out of business. I had been eyeing this shop for a while and nobody really comes here. I wanted to buy it." He lets out. The man's voice was surprisingly soft, but husky at the same time. It was pleasant to hear in Isle's opinion. His eyes were mesmerising soft blue ocean that Isle was captivated by it.

She was speechless for a while. This man wanted to buy this place? After all her labored work, extra hours on fixing the gallery from scratch? It was a hard no for her. "I am the owner of this gallery actually, I've been on vacation that's why it was closed. Well come on in. It's cold out here." Isle offered after finding the keys in her bag. The man was surprised by the lady. He didn't think for a second that she would owned this gallery. After they both went inside, Isle quickly turned on the heater and took off her coat.

"I'm sorry to inform you this but as the owner, I will not be selling my gallery. But I would love to help you out with finding another lot. I know a few people who can help you out." Isle said smiling at the man who looked red tomato. He was shy. It was a while since he had seen her again unexpectedly. "That will be greatly appreciated." He replied.

"My name's Isle." She extended her hand for a handshake, the man quickly reciprocated her handshake.

"Vidar." He introduced.

"You don't sound like you're from around here, Vidar." Isle said smiling. "I am from Germany actually. But I migrated here. I am a fully American man now." He said sheepishly. Isle nodded her head. "That explains your subtle German accent. Well umm...I'll try to call a few people and let them know you're looking for a lot. I'm sure they are willing to help you." Isle said before leaving to get her brushes out.

"Thank you. I'll be leaving now." Vidar said before heading out, but he was hesitant to get out of the gallery.

"Isle?" Vidar called her. Isle looked at him.

"Do you fancy a cup of coffee sometimes?" He questioned hoping that she wouldn't turned him down. Isle was hesitant at first but she smiled. "I don't see why not." She replied.

***

It's been a while since Isle last saw Bella. She was rejecting visitors. Refusing to get out of her room. It had worry Charlie. He had tried to bring Bella somewhere. But it was something he promised he wouldn't do anymore after Bella became hyperventilated on the trip. It traumatized Charlie. Isle couldn't get through her too, no matter how much she tried to talk to her. Bella wouldn't listen at all. She was stuck somewhere in her mind. She wanted to use her powers to help Bella. But she knew the consequences will be too severe for her to handle.

"You've been staring at the painting for a while now." Vidar's voice had snapped Isle's from her thoughts. Isle watched as the man brought a cup of coffee for her.

"Hey Vidar.." she said while taking the coffee that had been offered to her. The two had been going out for a while now. They both enjoyed each other's company a lot. Isle doesn't talk much about her personal life, neither does Vidar. Despite that, they talked about a lot of things that had keep Isle's mind pre-occupied. It made her feel alive again. It kept her mind out from thinking about Carlisle too much. It was subtly gauche for them in the first time, but later they grew comfortable with each other.

"Nice work by the way." Vidar complimented after looking over at her painting. It was a painting of a beautiful garden that was filled with colorful flowers. "Thanks. It's one of my client's order." Isle eyed her painting for a while. Reminded her a bit of the meadow in her dreams. "I finished work around 8 tonight. You want to get dinner?" Vidar asked. He has been dreading to ask her out on dinner. He didn't have the courage because he was scared it'll make Isle grew uncomfortable with him. Isle clicked her tongue with a disappointed face.

"I wish I could.. but I am going to have dinner with a few friends of mine..." Isle said hoping she didn't disappoint him but she had promised Billy that she will come over for dinner tonight. "It's fine. We always have next time.." There was a silence after. Vidar checked his watch and stood up. "I have to go, see you later?" Vidar said smiling at her and she nodded. Then there she was alone again.

Later in the evening, Isle drove over to the Black's house when she noticed Bella's pickup truck was parked near Jacob's house. Then she saw the two teenagers hanging out in front of the garage. She parked her car next to Bella's and head out to meet her two friends.

"Bells?" Isle called her out. It surprised Isle that there were two dirt bikes in front of Jacob and Bella. "Hey Isle. I'm just here dropping off some bikes for Jacob to fix so... uh... we can race each other." She explained, smiling weakly at her. She lost a lot of weight since Isle last saw her. "You can't do anything that is mildly less dangerous or something?" Isle questioned. "Since when you were into racing anyway?" She added.

"It's not that dangerous.." Jacob argued timidly. Isle looked at him confounded. Jacob looked away instantly.

"Just to keep things off my mind, Isle. You know why.." Bella said. "What happened to that painting kit I bought you?" Isle asked. Bella looked at Isle deep in the eyes. "I can't keep drawing the same person, Isle. It was time to do other things as well. Like you said, it's good to find new hobbies every now and then." It had made Isle felt guilty. "Well umm...I hope you can join us for dinner." Isle invited her before she walks back into the house. She understood Bella really well. After all, she was sketching Carlisle a lot. 100 canvases and counting.

_________________________________________

New character reveal! 😀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 7.1K 37
Angel wasn't your typical ordinary girl. At least recently. But when she witness the death of her mother and was sent into protective custody she had...
26.4K 746 17
𝒾'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒷𝓊𝓈𝓉, 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓈𝓃𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓈𝑜 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹, 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 ...
261K 6.1K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" ° ° ° ° Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...
562K 15.8K 52
˗ˏˋ꒰ ✨ ꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) The act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned full.] ❝If it were up to me, I'...