Spikes & Gloves Seulrene

By nomnom360

This story just kept coming into my mind and I wanted to write about it. There isn't too much angst...maybe... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

13

300 11 5
By nomnom360

Seulgi POV

We stayed hugging until we heard the police sirens. We both went with the police and Irene showed the evidence that she recorded. After turning in evidence and answering some questions, Irene says that she has to go back to the shop and call her manager. 

We both looked at the broken glass door in front of us and I could tell that Irene was scared as heck.

She dialed in her manager's number.

"Hello? Irene?"

"Hi, we have a problem with the shop." Irene's voice was shaking a little and I decided to take the phone from Irene and finish the conversation for Irene.

"Hi ma'am. I'm Seulgi, Irene's friend that she comes to for a 5 minute break."

"Okay."

"I broke your glass door." I took a glance at Irene and she was shocked. On the other end of the line I heard silence.

"Hello? Ma'am?"

"YOU WHAT?!" I took the phone off my ear because it was so loud. I could even tell that Irene heard it too because she flinched.

"There's a good reason for this I swear!" I said panicking. 

"There better be miss Seulgi! Where are you?!" 

"At the shop."

"Don't you dare move!" She then hung up on me and Irene looks like she is having a mental breakdown on the floor. 

"Hey, you okay?" I crouch down next to her and pat her back.

"She's gonna kill me Seul. You've got to save me!" She looks terrified and I just chuckle at how dramatic this girl is.

"Don't worry, it was my fault so I will explain everything to her." I said trying to reassure Irene. She just nods. 

After waiting for what seems like forever, we see a car park and the slam of the car door. Irene starts to panic even more and I can see why she is scared of her manager. Her manager is pretty scary, but I'm still scared of Irene more.

She stands in front of the shop and takes a deep breath. She turns towards us and I feel like my ears fell off.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?! I SWEAR YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON OR I WILL COMMIT MURDER AND GO TO JAIL!!" I see Irene covering her ears and I wish that I did that too.

I walk up to her and calmly explain everything that happened. The manager gets calmer as I explain what happened and I feel a little relieved.

"Irene, why didn't you tell me that you were afraid of being alone in the dark?" I also looked at Irene with a curious expression.

"I wanted to get over my fear, but now I don't think I will be able to anytime soon." I hear the manager sigh.

"Thank god for your friend here and I'm glad you both are safe. I'm sorry for making you close up the shop." 

"Don't worry. I thought nothing would happen. I just don't think I'll do it again anytime soon." She then took my hand and held it.

"I'm really glad my friend came here too. She really is an amazing person." She said while smiling at me. I felt a blush creep up onto my face and I smiled at her.

"You two should get a room already." We both looked at the manager and saw her roll her eyes.

"Anyway, I'll solve this issue tomorrow. Irene, you have the day off tomorrow." She waves her hand without turning back to us. Me and Irene then starts walking back to Irene's house. 

Before Irene gets inside. She gives me one last hug.

"Thank you again Seulgi." 

"Good night Irene. I'll always protect you. You should go to bed though. You have a game that your gonna win tomorrow." She smiles and then gets inside her house.

After Irene gets inside, I go to my house as well. I open the door and once again. I find my mom passed out with a bottle in her hand. I sigh and walk up to my room. I already miss Irene.

The next day, I wake up and go meet up with Moonbyul for a little hangout. Since it was a Saturday, no school for us.

"Hey Moon!" I gave her a high five.

"Hey! I missed you yesterday! Are you feeling better?" I nodded and looked at her seriously.

"I'm feeling better thanks for asking. Also guess what happened yesterday?" 

"What happened?"

"I kind of broke the glass door to the coffee shop and beat up some dude using my boxing skills." I said proudly.

"What happened?!" I told Moonbyul what happened and she was upset.

"Do you think Solar knows?" She asked. I really didn't know.

"I don't really know. If she doesn't maybe we can fill her in later? Right now they are busy focusing on their upcoming game right now."

Time Skip (I'm lazy sorry)

Me and Moonbyul sit on the bleachers ready for the game to start. Solar sees us and then taps Irene. They both start waving at us smiling happily. We both smile and wave back. 

I see the players huddle up and I can hear Irene leading their chant. The whistle blows and the game begins. 

Solar serves the ball and it goes onto the enemy's side. The enemy passes it three times and it's it back over the net. Irene yells out her teammate's name and they immediately know what to do. I was amazed with how well Irene leads and how others follow her.

I was also amazed with how competitive she was during this game. I could see the passion in her eyes. 

(A/N: Sorry don't really know volleyball well so we're gonna skip the details)

The other team was at 23 points while Irene's team was at 24. This time, Jennie serves the ball and it goes over the net. The enemy team tosses it back to our side and Irene calls out another name and they go into action. When it was time to get it over the net I saw Irene jump and spike the ball. She may be small, but dang, she can jump really high. 

The ball hit the other side which meant that we won. (I think...the rules of volleyball are complicated to me)

The team ran to each and hugged each other while hopping. I saw Irene hopping and smiling and it was the cutest thing ever. Me and Moonbyul run down onto the court. Moonbyul hugs Solar and kisses her...disgusting. 

I see Irene coming over to me and she hugs me. I hug her back while feeling my heart flutter. We both heard "Oo's" and "Ahhh's" from Moonbyul and Solar which made us break apart. I could tell we were both embarrassed. I definitely knew I was blushing and when I looked at Irene, I saw her ears were red.

We let Irene and Solar get out of their uniforms and when they got back, we decided to celebrate at Moon's house.

We all walked there and Moonbyul kept praising Solar while I praised Irene. Both Irene and Solar were blushing and me and Moonbyul smiled at each other.

When we got inside of Moonbyul's house, Irene and Solar immediately jump onto her couch. I could tell that they were both exhausted. Moonbyul went somewhere else to get a game and I just stood there not knowing what to do. I went over to Irene and Solar.

"You two did a great job today!" I saw Solar put her thumb up in the air telling me that she heard me. I just laughed. I looked over at Irene and noticed that she was asleep. I took out my phone and took a picture of her.

Wow...I'm becoming a stalker.

Moonbyul came back with a little machine.

"LET'S DO THE LIE DETECTOR!!" Irene wakes up immediately when she heard Moonbyul and I just laugh at how cute she was.

Solar just groaned. 

"I'm down." Solar and Irene looked at me surprised while Moonbyul had a smirk on her face.

"Seulgi, you really don't want to do that." Irene said.

"It'll be fun, besides we can ask Seulgi some questions." I was so confused. I have never used this before and have no idea what this thing is.

"Fine." Irene said. This time, Moonbyul and Solar looked at Irene shocked.

"What? Let's get this over with." She got up from the couch and took the machine out of Moonbyul's hand. We all went over to the table and sat in a circle.

"Let's turn it on the highest!" 

"No." Irene and Solar said at the same time. I was just getting even more confused.

"Here Seulgi, put your hand on top of the hand print." I do as she says and she puts the red strap over my hand. Why does this thing look like a torture device?

"Okay, Solar, you ask first." 

"Seulgi, do you like boxing?" What is this? Is this a joke?

"Yes? Why?" The three don't answer me and Moonbyul pushed a button that says yes. I hear music coming from the machine and I start to get nervous.

The box creates a ding noise. Is that good?

"Okay, my turn." I look at Moonbyul a little worried.

"Do you like girls?" Solar and Irene just looks shocked at the question she just asked. Do I tell the truth?

"Yes." I just went with what was true and I was worried that Irene would think differently of me.

Moonbyul presses the yes button and the ding pops up again. I look at Irene and she looks shocked. 

"Irene, do you have a question you would like to ask?"

"Do you like guys as well? As in romantically?" Why would Irene ask this question? Maybe? I don't really know. I've only had crushes on girls so far, so I don't really know what to answer.

"Yes?" I see Irene's face drop a little and wonder why it happened.

Moonbyul presses the yes button again and the music pops up. I feel a sting on my palm and yelp in pain.

"AISHH!" Moonbyul and Solar just laugh at me and Irene just smiles.

"Are you okay?" She asked. She touched my hand and looked at it making sure I was okay. I nodded a little embarrassed.

"Okay, Irene's turn now." Irene reluctantly sat in the chair and put her hand on the machine. For some reason I didn't want it to hurt her.

"Can we turn it down please?" I asked. Moonbyul nodded and put it at the lowest level. I looked at Irene and she mouthed a thank you towards me.

Solar went first.

"Irene, do you think you're pretty?"

I see her bite her lip. "No."

Moonbyul presses the button and I get nervous. It comes out as a truth and we all look at her surprised.

"What?" 

"Nothing. It's just that your the prettiest in our school and everything." I said. Solar and Moonbyul nod in agreement.

"I don't really think I am."

Moonbyul goes next.

"Have you gone on a date with anyone?" For some reason my heart dropped after hearing that. 

"No." I was really hoping for it to be.

The music plays and it's the truth. I let out a sigh of relief.

Now it was my turn. Should I ask her? Or should I not? Hell with it.

"Do you like girls?" I could tell everyone was taken aback by my question, but I was eager to know. She looks me in the eyes.

"Yes." 

Moonbyul presses the button and it comes out as a truth. My heart was happy. Maybe I really did have a chance with her. Moonbyul looked at her pretend watch.

"Oh Solar, it's past your curfew. I'll take you home." Solar agreed and they started to walk away.

"YAH! You guys have to play too!" Irene yelled at them. I was a little mad too, but at the same time I was too happy to be mad.

Irene sighed in defeat and we decided to walk home. Instead of me bringing her home, she wanted to bring me to my home. We were walking and then suddenly Irene linked her arm around mine. I blushed immediately.

"So you like girls?" I nod.

"You too?" I see her and we both let out a sigh. I really don't want to get my hopes up or anything. 

We arrived in front of my house.

"Text me when you get inside okay?" She looked at me with seriousness. I nodded and put my pinkie out. She wrapped hers around mine and we made the promise. 

I walk to my door and like always, take a deep breath and then go in. I pull out my phone to text Irene, but before I could, my mother already punched me and kicked my phone away. She had glass bottle everywhere and some were even smashed.

She tried to punch me again, but this time I dodged it. She pushed me instead causing me to fall ontop of the broken glass. I felt some digging into my back and it hurt like hell. I screamed in pain and started to lose consciousness. 

I heard the door break open and heard Irene say something that I couldn't hear.

I couldn't keep my eyes open and eventually closed them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
5.6K 306 33
Joy had a normal student life - she was studying, she had a job, she had friends and she liked to go out from time to time. When Yeri enters her lif...
8.5K 262 12
Joohyun's just an ordinary doctor who treats patients and helps them as much as she can without trouble. Seulgi's known as an arrogant CEO who one da...
7.1K 222 15
A cliche love story. Irene a police officer has been in the work for 7 years. Her old partner got in an accident and ever since then, she has been co...