The Billionaire's Getaway Try...

Galing kay miracle-06

Valerie Jones, a 25-year-old copywriter, aspires to be a senior content editor in the advertising world and w... Higit pa

~The Billionaire's Getaway Tryst~
~Prologue~
~Chapter 01~
~Chapter 02~
~Chapter 03~
~Chapter 05~
~Chapter 06~
~Chapter 07~
~Chapter 08~
~Chapter 09~
~Chapter 10~
~Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13~
~Chapter 14~
~Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~Chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~Chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Epilogue~
~Bonus Chapter~

~Chapter 04~

6.4K 223 273
Galing kay miracle-06

"Ms. Jones," Ms. Maxwell said, acknowledging me in her signature stern voice. Sebestian took that as his cue to lead us to the other end of the room where the pictures of Zedd Automobile's new model were displayed. Soon after, he took a seat.

Feeling awkward, my eyes once again roved around everyone's kind faces. There were more than fifteen people and almost everyone was old but that's a given since Zedd is a huge enterprise.

"Hello, everyone. Good afternoon. I am Valerie Jones," I introduced myself and almost all of them nodded their heads. I swear I even saw a flabbergasted look passing across Skye Williams' face.

Seriously, does he know me? Or do I have a similar full name as someone he knows? Or even better, do I know him? I thought frustratedly.

"And um…" I muttered. Pursing my lips, I almost tucked my hands inside my pockets but stopped myself short before my actions would seem rude.

I felt intimidated by their stares for some reason which was a new thing because I've never felt this way before. My heart was beating uncannily fast and I had the sudden urge to flee.

"Ms. Jones," Ms. Maxwell repeated, her face showing the rarest of smiles. It was imperceptible but enough to calm me down. She handed me a stack of papers and I looked them over in a jiffy.

"I am sorry," I apologized, chuckling nervously. "I've never usually been this nervous," I said, waving to myself and trying to diffuse the thick tension in the air.

Before I could stop myself, my gaze fell upon Skye Williams. I don't know why I was acting the way I was but it has never happened to me. Well, except for that one phase of my life as a teenager wherein my eyes would usually skirt toward my long time crush. I remember he used to be my neighbor for a few years.

Get yourself together! I shouted internally.

"Well, you're still doing great, Ms. Jones." I've never heard Skye talking but I was mesmerized by his soft, velvety voice. I turned to him and found myself losing in his small yet magical smile.

Unbelievable! This is all happening because I haven't actually met someone as good looking as him nor do I have a single second to spare for guys. Yes! That must be it!

I looked around when I heard a clearing of the throat to find Ms. Maxwell giving me a reproachful look. Standing up straighter, I hastily composed my facial features into one of professionalism.

I slyly diverted my eyes toward Skye Williams again who was giving me a stimulating smile. I don't know what it was but I liked to think that it was his smile that somehow boosted my confidence.

Just as I cleared my throat, everyone started looking through the sheets of paper handed over to them by Sebestian. The low humming of the air conditioner and the rustling of papers coiled around my body to remind me that it was time to act like an employee instead of someone who's just charmed.

"So I'd been going through the previous ad campaigns and the constant similarities in each one of them is that it always focuses too much on the style or exterior of the automobile," I began, getting down straight to the business. "And the other thing that I've noticed is that it talks about all the features together by giving them all an equal importance which is not wrong but I think it isn't right either. I mean, talking about the foot mats and the tires isn't the same now, is it? Besides, information overload doesn't sound too good either," I explained in a no-nonsense tone.

I paused to gauge everybody's reaction and I could tell that they were aware of my next words already. Ms. Maxwell, on the other hand, maintained her impassive, stoic expression.

"So I thought that we could concentrate more on safety and speed at the same time because the accidents that occur in the transportations are usually due to the lack of it. Mainstream, I know but we can hold this campaign differently and try to work on the "human interest" side of it. Like, I've read in the pamphlet that this model is going to be for the upper middle class so we can maybe show a pregnant woman," I said and stopped again to catch my breath and let everyone process my words even though they were briefed about it.

"Yeah… so I've just thought about the tv commercial so far. Something like that, a pregnant woman's water broke and the husband had to speedily take her to the hospital. While speeding, they were about to meet an accident but the safety measures of the car prevented it. We can try to talk more on this feature in the entire campaign to attract the audience.

"Plus, if we make it more environmentally friendly, trying to show that we're preserving and protecting nature through our campaign, it'll lead us a few points ahead of the competition. As in saving fuel or any other aspect. Not only this, but we might even get a few carbon credits for our future benefits. That's… my plan so far," I finished with a tentative smile.

Gradually all of them nodded their heads while I was holding my breath nervously. I was chewing on my lower lip as I anxiously waited for at least one of them to speak. Their nods weren't enough to give me an accurate answer.

"Um… so…?" I trailed off with a chuckle and bobbed my head from side to side. "What do you all think?"

"I think we could go with it," Mr. Williams spoke up first and looked at the others for their affirmation. "It's high time that we changed our marketing and advertising tactics a bit."

I couldn't stop the exciting smile trying to slip onto my lips. If my advertising plan did work out then I could rack my brain for the big idea for this campaign as well.

Skye Williams stood up from his seat and gestured for me to sit down. Sebestian discreetly waved at me and I sat beside him on an empty chair at the end of the table. Mr. Williams took his place at the front where I'd been standing just seconds ago and pulled at the lapels of his suit jacket. "What are your views, ladies and gentlemen?"

My leg was nervously bouncing up and down as I stared into the kind, gray eyes of Skye Williams. He placed his hands on the table and waited for an answer expectantly.

"Like you said, we could go with it. I don't see any harm plus it could really help in increasing our sales which have been going down a lot lately. More than expected," Mr. Joseph Miller spoke up. He's in his early seventies and happens to be one of the board directors of this company.

I'd read about all the BODs and other high ranked professionals in the prospectus given to me after I'd cracked my interview to actually get an insight of the ZAE Inc. It was now coming in handy.

However, I hadn't expected Mr. Miller to sound so impudent. He was looking at Skye Williams with deep disapproval. I don't know if he noticed it or not but he still sent Mr. Miller an assuring smile.

There were two things that knocked me off in this meeting room itself. The first was that Skye Williams is not who I thought he would be. Even though his personality might be phoney, he didn't seem like the guy who would lose his cool easily. He might be hiding behind a wall but I could tell that money never got to his head.

He legit doesn't have the "bad billionaire" kinda style, does he? I think it's attractive. Wait, why do I care again? I thought dismissively.

The second thing was never, in my wildest dreams had I expected THE ZAE Inc. to be losing its sales. Nor did I know the reason for its loss. It must have started recently because the media would have gotten the whiff of it. Although, it's just the beginning of the financial year which was why the accounts didn't get out yet.

"Mr. Miller," Ms. Maxwell's quiet voice boomed in the otherwise silent room. "I do hope you know the ramifications of talking about confidential matters so loosely and carelessly. We're all present here to discuss the advertising agenda and strategies. Financial and sales matters will be talked about later on so let's keep it a notch down now, shall we? That's a discussion for some other day." She clicked her pen close harshly and Mr. Miller cowered back in fear. I guess her influence was not just limited to one department.

Her eyes briefly met mine and I understood what she meant. I wasn't supposed to talk about it to anyone. Her words from the morning rang in my head loud and clear as she'd intentionally kept out the reason for the sudden campaign because of it being confidential.

"Thank you, Ms. Maxwell," Skye's gentle voice sounded full of relief and gratuity. "Let's vote yes or no."

"I don't think that would be necessary, Mr. Williams," Cathy Jacobs, another BOD member replied. She seemed to be in her mid 40s and her moss green eyes looked welcoming. "We'll all go ahead with the plan and I speak of it on behalf of everyone present here in the room. We've already been through this, talking about our consent for the same when Ms. Maxwell had given us a short overview of the plan. In fact, the detailed explanation did it, Ms. Jones and my favorite part of it all is being able to get the carbon credits." She laughed and winked.

I joined her laughter and tucked my curls behind my ears but it was no use. It was out of habit anyway. If it was possible, the smile on my face stretched even more. "Thank you. Thank you so much… everyone," I said. You have no idea about the level of excitement I am going through, I added internally to not come off as an amateur.

"Alright then. The meeting has been adjourned. We'll discuss the important details next week," Skye Williams told everybody, his voice laced with full authority.

The scraping of chairs against the linoleum floor kind of annoyed me but I ignored it with a tight smile. As everyone was dispersing, I followed them as well but a voice stopped me.

"Ms… Jones?" Skye Williams' voice was smooth and I couldn't help but be compelled to turn around. "Can I have a word with you?"

A word with me?! I screamed in my head. I don't know why I was acting like a preteen because I'd never even given him a second glance whenever I'd seen him in the pictures. Or maybe, I've always been busy looking at his father as a legend and icon.

Skye Williams is way more different in reality than his pictures. They sort of dulled his handsome features.

"Yes…" I stopped short and pursed my lips because I didn't know if I was supposed to call him sir or Mr. Williams. I went with the latter option. "Yes, Mr. Williams?" With that said, I walked further into the room when the door behind me shut on its own accord.

He tucked his hands in his pants pockets and stared at his shoes for a second or two before looking back up at me with his kind smile. 

I could feel my brain cooing at his good mannerisms while my thinking process was frozen to one spot only. Is he for real?

"I just wanted to say that you've come up with a brilliant idea."

"Thank you so much, Mr. Williams," I said cheerily and before I could stop myself, I even bowed my head a little. I rolled my eyes once I realized my actions and he laughed softly.

Aww, even his laugh is so soft. Did I really just think that? Jeez, I don't even know myself anymore. I disown you, girlie.

"That's a huge deal coming from you, sir." And just like that out of habit, I ended up uttering "sir". "Uh…" I chortled nervously. "I mean… Mr. Williams."

Skye's eyes shone with mirth and I could see his lips quivering but he covered it up with his fist. He wanted to laugh so hard but he was resisting it.

I could feel my cheeks burning but I thanked the heavens that it couldn't be traced on my olive skin as much. "I am sorry, it just - it slipped," I quickly apologized.

"Don't worry about it, Ms. Jones but seriously I am not that old to be referred to as sir," he joked, waving his hands. "Are you new here?" He asked and I understood instantly about why he asked me that. Maybe calling sir and ma'am is strictly prohibited inside these premises.

"Yes, Mr. Williams." I nodded my head.

"Figures." He had a thoughtful look on his face, as if pondering over something deeply.

It was silent after that and it was as if we both felt awkward around each other. Like we were running out of topics as two people professionally. Or maybe it was just me. I had almost asked him if we'd met before but I held my tongue because asking a boss such a ludicrous question could even get me out of here.

"Okay then… you can leave. I just wanted to congratulate you because your idea has made it to the execution stage. Wouldn't want to keep you any longer as I assume you might have too much to work upon now that the schedule is busy," he declared with a smile that reached his eyes. It was the first time I was seeing real happiness on his face even if it was a small one.

I resisted the urge to widen my eyes and grinned at him. "I agree because Ms. Maxwell wouldn't bat an eyelash at you but me on the other hand…" I clicked my tongue playfully.

I half expected him to frown at me but he surprised me by snorting and shook his head amusedly. I had said those words totally in the spur of the moment but it was a good thing that he wasn't offended by it. "We wouldn't want that now because the campaign is stumped on your shoulders."

We both laughed and it was as if we were warming up to each other but it all seemed so surreal. As I was leaving, reality punched me square in the face because it just hit me that I had a talk with Skye Williams. The Skye Williams and he didn't disappoint me one bit.

My head literally hit the metal door and in a flash, I landed on my butt. Now that's what I'd call a reality check, I thought wryly. I think that the God up there really wanted to slap me. Why violence though?

I was so embarrassed to turn around and look at Skye but I knew that I had to mask it. "I'm fine. I'm fine!" With that, I bursted out into spurts of laughter. It was fake in the beginning but just thinking about my situation, it turned real and I couldn't stop myself. I cringed internally because I was sounding like a witch but that didn't stop me and I continued laughing.

I was about to look at him when I felt his presence behind me. I glanced up to see Skye staring at me worriedly. "Are you okay? You hurt or something?"

"Like I said, I'm fine," I assured him, beaming up at him like a clown and got up, ignoring his outstretched hand.

The truth was that my forehead and backside hurt a little too much but I had enough mortification to last me for a day.

"Are you sure?"

"No questions," I said, trying to ease his concerns and shook my head. I was walking backwards and he was about to say something when my back hit the metal door again. Hard. "Guess today's not my day," I grumbled under my breath.

I didn't wait for him and quickly rushed out before I made a fool out of myself even further.

"Ms. Jones," he called out to me again and I looked at him from over my shoulder. "Tread carefully, the floor's slippery," he warned me with a teasing smirk and pointed to my short heels.

"Aye aye," I said, mock saluting him. As I walked, I couldn't help a shy smile sneaking its way on my lips. I squealed in a low voice and whispered to myself. "I. Talked. To. Skye. Williams!"

Ooh, and since when did I start caring about it? Because he's a celebrity! A really handsome one at that, I answered my own thoughts.

"Ms. Jones." I heard another voice, stopping me on my tracks and I quickly changed my expression. It was Ms. Maxwell. She was standing in front of me, too engrossed in her work to look at my overly cheery visage just a second ago.

"Yes, m-" I cleared my throat and shook my head. "Yes, Ms. Maxwell?"

She was gliding through her iPad screen before she looked up and gave me a dry look as if she caught onto my almost mistake. She approached me, tucking her iPad under her arm and gazed at me with the same stern face. "The whole department is going to be briefed about your idea so that you could all brainstorm for the big idea together."

Just the thing I was excited for because a big idea is the main thing and the entire campaign works around it. My insides fluttered because for the first time in my life, I felt like I could actually fly. "Okay." I nodded.

"Good."

I stood in front of her expectantly, waiting for her to tell me that she liked my idea or something along those lines but it never came. My smile faltered a bit and she seemed to notice that.

"And your idea was fine, Ms. Jones. I hope that you improve as well, the next time," she said, softly tapping my shoulder. I sighed with a frown as she left off without another word.

Okay?

For some reason, I felt bad hearing just "fine" from her. I don't know what I was expecting but it sure as hell was more than that. I quickly masked my disappointment and nodded my head in determination.

I could tell that I had a long way to go but I was glad that it's going to be Sunday tomorrow. It was a downside that everyone's supposed to work till Saturdays here but I could laze around the whole day tomorrow.

Two days and I'm already exhausted? Toughen up and keep up with the pace, Valerie.

~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~♡☆~

Please do Vote, Comment and Share this book with anyone you know on Wattpad :) I'd really appreciate it!! 🥺💖

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.1M 42.8K 42
Vanessa: There's nothing I hate in this world more than I do Aaron Sinclair. Hate is the only word for it. It's not dislike, it's not envy. It's res...
1.2M 33.9K 36
23 year old Brianna has worked for Burke Industries for 2 years. In that course of time, she unknowingly does things that have the potential to destr...
120K 8.1K 28
After the incident in high school, Cobie Evans has been avoiding the popular guys like the plague. It's until the day she sends a wrong email to her...
456K 8.7K 13
#3 in the Undiscovered writers awards for chicklit genre #107 in Chicklit 20 December 2016 #9 in Undiscovered SAMPLE ONLY. To read the story in full...