SHE | Marvel's Avengers [10]

By SketchpadArtist21

"Well, all you have to do is make him mad, right? Shoving someone off a cliff generally angers them. I think... More

Chapter 1 - I Want to be an Avenger!
Chapter 2 - The Light that Failed
Chapter 3 - New...
Chapter 4 - ...Normal
Chapter 5 - The Road Back
Chapter 6 - To Find Olympia
Chapter 7 - One of Us
Chapter 8 - Hello Old Friend
Chapter 9 - Missing Links
Chapter 10 - House...
Chapter 11 - ...Call
Chapter 12 - Armor Chase
Chapter 13 - The Dogs of War
Chapter 14 - The Ant Hill Pt. 1
Chapter 15 - Breakout
Chapter 16 - The Ant Hill Pt. 2
Chapter 17 - Prison Break
Chapter 18 - To Stand Alone
Chapter 19 - Interrogation Anxiety
Chapter 20 - Once an Avenger...
Chapter 21 - Sacrifice
Chapter 22 - Disassembled
Chapter 23 - Ambrosia
Chapter 24 -Agony and...
Chapter 25 - ...The Ant Hill
Chapter 26 -Testing...
Chapter 27 - ...1...2...3...
Chapter 29 - The Truth
Chapter 30 - Reunion
Chapter 31 - Mayhem Over Manhatten
Chapter 32 - War Plans
Chapter 33 - The Final Countdown
Chapter 34 - By...
Chapter 35 - ...The...
Chapter 36 - ...Pure...
Chapter 37 - ...Force...
Chapter 38 - ...Of....
Chapter 39 - ...Mind
Chapter 40 - A New Home
Chapter 41 - Explinations

Chapter 28 - Welcome Back, Old Friend

10 0 0
By SketchpadArtist21

We ran up to them, steam still pouring out. "Please be alive. Steve...Steve?!" Tony's voice broke slightly as he started shaking him, looking at his bindings.

 "Holy shit, you're alive!" He exclaimed.

 "Tony? What are you...?" Cap mumbled. 

"Kid, get her out! What is all this stuff?" Tony asked.

I shook my hand, eradicating the shadow ball, unhooking Snake. 

"Where am I?" Cap asked as Tony did the same. The two fell onto us, dead-limbed. 

"I gotcha, buddy," I could tell he was trying to hide his tears of joy.

"Mm...Who are you?" Snake asked me.

"Tony? Are you hugging me?" Cap asked. 

"What? No. I just didn't want you to fall," Tony denied, but I knew he was hugging his long-lost friend.

 "Then why aren't you letting go?" He asked.

 "Thought I'd just...We thought...I mean I thought that...It's good to have you back, Cap, Snake," Tony said as the two stood up, and Snake got a better look at me. 

"Tony, why did you bring a kid?" Snake asked, sounding annoyed.

"I'm 17! And I volunteered for this," I objected.

 "I'm so confused..." They said at the same time. Snake tried to take a step forward but almost fell over again, me catching her just in time.

 "Yeah, come on. We got to get you two out of here. Come on," Tony urged, and we started moving forward, Tony and I each helping one of them.

 "Wait, wait, wait, wait...Tarleton...did he survive?" Cap asked.

"Tarleton? Who cares...What?" Tony asked.

 "The explosion. He was too close," Snake croaked.

 "He survived. Thanks to you both, apparently. And Monica, if you believe the news stories," Tony said. 

"That doesn't make sense," Cap said. The two fell over, coughing.

"Okay, I gotcha," Tony said. 

"The evacuation--all those people--" Snake said as we helped them up. 

"We'll get to that. Think you can walk?" I asked. 

"Yeah. It's okay. I'm good. Let's do this," Cap said, Snake nodded.

 "Kid, what's your name?" Snake asked.

"Oh. I'm Ahmi," I said.

 "There's the Cap I remember. Come on," Tony said, and we started moving. I was grateful to get out of the cold.

 "Okay. What's the plan?" He asked. 

"Uh...well...We...find an escape pod and...um...escape," Tony stuttered.

"You're winging this, aren't you?" Snake accused. 

"Yes...yes, I am. Actually didn't think we'd make it this far. Kinda thought I'd blow up and drop the kid in the ocean," Tony admitted. 

"What?" I asked.

 "Um...nothing! Nothing! I was just joking," Tony lied.

 "Tony, you can't joke about stuff like that," Cap scolded.

"Tony, where is everyone? Where's here?" Snake asked.

 "Oh, well...we're in space," I said. 

"My god...you weren't kidding," Cap muttered. 

"Nope," Tony said. I lept onto the wall, running against it while using my hand to stay on.

Cap used a similar move, while Snake just flew over.

 "Wow. Like riding a bike I guess," Tony said, watching the two. I suddenly became acutely aware that neither had a shirt, and Snake only had a bra to cover the important bits.

 "It's down from here. You ready to jump?" Tony asked. I lept, rolling to not break anything and hinder our daring escape.

"Tony. What's...what's happening--" Cap asked. 

"Well, it's a...long story," Tony trailed off. 

"How long were we...?" Snake asked.

 "Uh, well...5 years! Which by your standards is just a power nap. Maybe a little more for Taipan," Tony admitted.

 "Starting to think people just prefer me on ice," Cap muttered.

"See! You're already making jokes! Corney ones, but that's normal for you!" Tony joked.

 "I recognize you from somewhere, kid. For some reason, my mind goes to evil robots..." Cap muttered.

 "UYESU khristu! That was...another life," I exclaimed. As we tried to pass through a door, a hologram of Dr. Rappaccini appeared. 

"Captain Rogers and Snakebite. Don't leave us just yet," She said.

 "What is this?" Cap and Snake muttered. 

"Monica! Long time, no see!" Tony exclaimed. 

"Can't imagine your buddy Tarleton was too thrilled about using superhero blood to replace superheroes," I said. 

"He leaves the details to me. Stop what you're doing. Now," She ordered. 

"Wait a minute. Georgie doesn't know about any of this?" Tony asked.

"And he never will," Keys were clacking as Tony was trying to open the door so we could continue our daring escape plan. 

"Self-destruct sequence initiated," A voice over the PA said.

 "Uh oh. I think we made her mad," Tony muttered. 

"Really? How could you have ever gathered that?" I sneered. 

"I'm liking you more every second, kid," Snake muttered.

"Tony!" Cap shouted.

 "I'm working on it!" He snapped.

 "Alright, got it. Let's go!" We took running again, AIM bots crawling out of seemingly nowhere.

 "What the hell?!" Cap exclaimed. 

"Oh don't mind the killer robots!" Tony said.

"Hurry! Get it open!" Cap ordered.

 "I'm trying! For a dead guy, you're really pushy!" Cap and Snake entered combat mode, while I flung shadow balls at the Synthoids. 

"I'm gonna have to brute-force this thing," Tony admitted.

 "Why didn't you start with that?!" Snake exclaimed.

 "Damn thing is jammed! Help me out here!" Cap ran over and the two forced the door open.

"Tony?!" Cap exclaimed as the Proto-Synthoids smashed through the glass.

 "We've got company!" He exclaimed. 

"Hold on. I've got this," The darkness spread out my arms, and tendrils wrapped around each of the bots, the darkness seeping into them and destroying them from the inside. I let darkness flood the room, something I had forgotten I could do, and we booked it, but more started appearing.

I was loopy but kept running for the sake of my life.

 "Watch that glass, Cap! It can't hold your weight!" The hallway we were in kept twisting and turning, but we kept going. 

"Almost there, you guys!" Tony arrived at the door first, using a laser to melt it open.

 "Tony! Hurry!" Snake exclaimed. 

"Got it! Just buy me some time!" Cap ripped a vent cover off, flinging it at the bots.

We all slipped into the escape pods just as the satellite blew up.

a/n The memes hath returned! And so have I! Sorry about the long break!

Shoutout if you know what I'm talking about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 6.6K 81
"Did you forget, Ice Pick?" "I'm your trouble and your gladiator. A killer of the fire." "I'm your worst nightmare." ~~@ @ @ ~~ BOOK 3 People change...
421K 8.7K 95
"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM ROGERS?" you yell "YOU! YOU ARE MY PROBLEM!" he yells back "WHY? WHAT DID I DO?" "NOTHING! THAT'S THE PROBLEM Y/N! EVERYDAY YOU...
22.1K 774 57
She chose to work for Stark, knowing that she was the best one for the role. She knew that her life would be different, working with the worlds most...
385K 14.1K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...