Spikes & Gloves Seulrene

By nomnom360

This story just kept coming into my mind and I wanted to write about it. There isn't too much angst...maybe... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

4

348 13 5
By nomnom360

A/N: Let's pretend boxing season is in the winter and volleyball season is in the Fall. Also as you know, I have zero clue about boxing and it is just what I thought it would be like. I only know a little bit about volleyball as well so it isn't the best. 

Seulgi POV

After the talk I had with Irene, I felt a little scared. What if she told on my mom? I don't want to bring my other friends into this and I believe that this is my battle. This is something that I want to conquer on my own.

I appreciate her concern for me, but still. I walked to school with worried thoughts in my mind. 

Once I entered the classroom I immediately made eye contact with my friends and Irene. She just looked back at me serious and I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Hey guys! What were you all talking about?" I asked trying to make the mood less awkward between me and Irene. 

"Irene just got a part time job! She works at a coffee shop now...even if she hates it." Solar said while looking at me. I just made a shocked face.

"Seriously?! Everyone likes coffee! How can you not like coffee?" I asked looking at Irene. Solar and Moonbyul nod in agreement.

"it just tastes too bitter for me." She replied. She looked at me and took my hand. We walked over to the corner of the room and I bit my lip worried about what will happen.

"Don't worry too much Seulgi. I haven't told anyone I promise." She was serious about her words and it made me think that she could read my mind. Did I look that troubled about the subject? Or is Irene just someone who pays attention?

The bell rings and we go back to our seats. The rest of class I just had my mind on Irene. I wasn't worried anymore and I did trust her, but why was I so focused on her today?

Before I knew it, school was over. Moonbyul and I started to practice even though our season doesn't start until winter. 

Moonbyul brought me into the boxing ring with her and we began the fight. She was very quick I'll give her that, but I was quicker. Before she could hit me, I dodged it and then jabbed her in the stomach. 

She didn't stop though and then punched me in the face. I fell back holding my nose cause it hurt like hell. Moonbyul just went over to me and offered her hand while smiling.

"You're not too bad! Hell, I could say you could have beaten me, but I have a high pain tolerance so that was your downfall." She said. I took her hand while smiling.

"Ya if only you didn't have a high pain tolerance I would have beaten you for sure."

"You definitely have a strong punch I'll give you that, but you should work on your tolerance and your mind. You have to think of all of the outcomes and plan ahead." She throws a water bottle at me and I barely catch it.

"Thanks." I said. I looked at the clock and noticed how late it was. Usually we would pick up the girls at 5, but it was 5:30pm. Moonbyul noticed and chuckled.

"Don't worry. They both went to Irene's workplace. Solar is coming over here to watch us practice, so we can practice a bit more." I nod and then we continued to practice. 

We heard the door open and we saw Solar walk in. She immediately smiles and waves at us. She walks over to Moonbyul and gives her a big hug. Wow, you really know how to make a person feel single. I thought to myself.

They pulled apart from the hug and Solar turns to me.

"Irene works at XXX, you should go and visit her. I think she feels lonely." 

"Why can't you guys stay there?" I asked them. They both looked at each other with a smile.

"We have a date night tonight. and Irene told me to invite you over there!" Solar said with a smile. 

"Well, if Irene requested for me then I'll go over there. Have fun on your date night you guys!" I waved goodbye to them and started to walking to where Irene worked.

Did she really want me to come? Why did I feel something in my chest? Am I getting my hopes up? I was bombarded with thoughts until I finally arrived in front of the shop. I take a deep breath and walk in. 

I walk over and sit at a table and looked around for Irene, but I didn't see her. I took out my phone and started playing on it. 

Irene POV

I got out of the staff only room and began to work again. I went to each table and took their orders. I was about to leave a table after taking their orders, but a bear caught my eye.

What's she doing here? I thought. I give the orders to the person who makes the coffee and then pull out my phone to text Seulgi.

Me: Look up

I see Seulgi look up and we make eye contact. Once again I felt a weird feeling in my stomach, but I brushed it off. 

I walk over to my manager and ask if I can have 5 minutes off. Thankfully she agrees and I walk over to Seulgi's table sitting in front of her.

"Hey." She looked at me and smiled.

"Hey."

"So what are you doing here?" I was confused as to why she was here. How did she know where I worked?

"What do you mean? Solar told me that you would be lonely and that you asked for me to come here, so I came to visit you." 

Damn you Yongsun. I swear. At the same time I thought that it was good. I was happy that she came. I decided to play along.

"Oh! I'm glad you got my message and decided to come. I am a little lonely at the moment." She just smiles at me. She starts to turn serious and I gave her a confused look.

"What is it?" I asked. I noticed that Seulgi wasn't looking at me and I decided to turn around to see who she was looking at. As I turned around I saw two men eating their food and drinking their coffee. Why is she looking at them with a death glare? They are only eating. I thought to myself.

"When does your shift end?" I turn my attention back to Seulgi and give her another confused look.

"My shift ends at 8. Why?" She looks at the two men again.

"I'll wait until your shift is over." I looked at her shocked. Wouldn't she get bored? It's only 6 right now. What will she do for the next 2 hours?

"A-are you sure? Wouldn't you be bored? I did ask for you to visit, but I don't want to waste your time here." I was very confused, but a little part of me was happy that she would be willing to stay. 

"I'm positive. I wouldn't be too bored. I have homework to do and I brought some books with me as well. I've come prepared." She gave me her eye smile and my heart beat rose. 

"Irene! It's been ten minutes already!" I look back at my manager and bow to her while saying sorry. I look back at Seulgi and give her an apologetic smile. She just returns the smile and pulls out her homework. 

There's no way she would stay until the end of my shift....right?

It was now 7:30pm I looked over and saw Seulgi. My jaw dropped. Is she really going to stay? I felt really bad for her and decided to make her some coffee. 

"I didn't think you would actually stay. You can leave if you want you know." I said placing the coffee in front of her. She looks up from the book she was reading and smiles.

"Nah. I want to wait for you. Thanks for the coffee." She looks at me for a second and then looks back at her book. 

"Seriously though. If you want to leave. Please do." I felt so bad for doing this. Did she want to actually stay or is she doing this because I asked her to visit? No matter what the answer was, I still felt really bad for making her wait for so long. 

My shift finally ends and I see the two men walk out of the building. I walk over to Seulgi and sees her asleep with her head on the book. 

She looked peaceful and beautiful. I never really realized how beautiful she really is. Her monolid eyes were so pretty and for some reason I couldn't stop staring at her lips. 

Now I feel even worse. I walk closer to her and tap on her shoulder.

"Seulgi, I'm done with my shift now." She opens her eyes and looks at me. I felt my heart stop in the moment. She really was beautiful. 

"Alright. Let's go, I'll take you to your house then." She gets up and grabs her bag. She looks at mine and takes it out of my hand.

"Yah! I can carry it. You don't have to!" Seulgi just smiles.

"But I want to!" She sticks her tongue out at me. I immediately try to grab it out of her hand, but then Seulgi just raises it up in the air out of my reach.

I start jumping trying to get it, but then she starts jumping too while laughing. I gave up with a sigh and reluctantly let her carry my bag. 

It was pretty late out and I thought that Seulgi should get home, but on my way to my house. I decided to take a quick detour. 

"Do you mind if we go somewhere Seul?" She looks at me shocked.

"Since when did you call me Seul?" She asked amused. My face reddened and she laughed at me.

"Don't worry Rene, I like it and where do you want to go by the way?" She asked.

"Somewhere important."

I took her hand and we started to walk to the special place, a playground. 

"Hmm, a playground eh? Aren't you a little too old?" Seulgi looked at me and started to smirk. I just rolled my eyes and sat down on a swing while Seulgi sat in the other.

"I haven't come here in a while." Seulgi didn't say anything and I continued to talk.

"I used to come here all the time during the day when I was younger. I stopped coming to this park two years ago and ever since then I haven't stepped foot onto it. Until now."

"Why did you stop coming here." I let out a sigh.

"The past is the past. I'm afraid to go here. I'm afraid to go anywhere really. That's why I came here today with you. You make me feel comfortable and safe. I really did miss coming here, but I was scared to come here alone and in the day." 

I jumped off the swing and went over to Seulgi who was still sitting on her swing in a daze.

"Come on! Let's get you home. Sorry I didn't mean to keep you out for so long and you even fell asleep while waiting for my shift to end." She stood up and gave me a hug. I was shocked at first, but then I decided to hug her tighter. We stood there for a second and then I pulled out of it first. 

I held Seulgi's hand and we both went to my house where she dropped me off. Once I got inside I ran to my bed and lay on it looking at the ceiling.

"Why are you doing this to me Kang Seulgi? Why am I breaking my walls for you?"

Seulgi POV

Irene, I think my feelings for you are growing. I walked back home with my heart feeling happy at this little moment that I shared with Irene.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.2K 36
Hard working Seul-gi got fired from her jobs, which opens up a new opportunity for her. She was hired as a waitress (again) in a very high-end club...
138K 4.2K 16
UNDER EDITING (If early chapters seem better written than master chapters, that's why. I will put a notice on the chapter when it has been edited :))...
4.5K 153 23
I finished the 4th chapter with editing, feel free and read until there <3 (I advice you not to read further as there is VERY broken English and no l...
5.6K 306 33
Joy had a normal student life - she was studying, she had a job, she had friends and she liked to go out from time to time. When Yeri enters her lif...