Spikes & Gloves Seulrene

Od nomnom360

This story just kept coming into my mind and I wanted to write about it. There isn't too much angst...maybe... Více

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

3

341 14 3
Od nomnom360

Irene POV

A few weeks have already passed and I have gotten used to this new schedule. Going to school,  then going to practice. One thing that I do need to do, is get a job.

I started to go job searching and found a job that kind of suits me. I decided to apply for a coffee shop. I don't really like coffee, but I do know that my friends do so maybe I can help them with that. 

The problem with this job is that it's right after volleyball practice, so I will have to figure that out, but it shouldn't be that too big of a problem. 

I've also gotten used to having Seulgi around with me. I thought it would be weird because it's always been Moonbyul, Yongsun, and me. 

I shouldn't be surprised that we added onto the group once again. It only used to be me and Yongsun ever since we transferred. I should know that we will eventually leave the past behind and I think that Yongsun already did leave the past behind, but I can't.

I slowly close my eyes and feel myself going to sleep.

Seulgi POV

I went to the grocery store to buy some food and went back home. I took a deep breath before opening the door because who knows what I would find on the other side. 

I opened the door and saw my mom there looking at me.

"WHERE THE F*CK HAVE YOU BEEN?!" My mom walks up to me and she smells of alcohol. This is why I took a deep breath. It's either she's drunk and awake or drunk and asleep. Before I could say something, she smacked my cheek. 

I didn't cry or do anything. I was too used to this by now. I looked at her and said nothing.

"WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!" She pushed me on the ground and started punching and kicking me. All I could do was block like a boxer. Like what I was taught to do. 

At the corner of my eye, I saw her pick up a vase and I knew that was my cue to run to my room and lock it.

After closing my door and locking it, I pushed my dresser in front of the door and heard her banging. I put in my earbuds and started listening to music ignoring my mom's pounding on the door.

I don't know why I always do this, maybe because she's my mom? Maybe because she had it rough? Maybe because he's gone?

I lay down on my pillow and go to bed.

When I woke up, I didn't hear the pounding anymore. I got up, moved my dresser and put on my uniform. As I was putting on my uniform I looked at my face and my arms. They were bruised pretty badly. 

I decided to put on some makeup today and put on a jacket to cover them up and went to school. 

Once I entered the classroom, I immediately heard Solar's dolphin laugh and Moonbyul's loud voice. I looked over at the group and even saw Irene giggling which was really cute. I walked over and they all noticed and waved. 

Irene POV

I saw Seulgi coming and noticed she was wearing a jacket. It's not even that cold today. I wonder why? I looked at my other friends to see if they noticed anything and they both seemed to be oblivious. Maybe I am just overthinking? I haven't even seen Seulgi wear a jacket over her uniform.

As soon as she got closer, I noticed something weird. She had some dark spots on her face. I grew a little worried for and looked to see if the others noticed it. Once again. They were too dumb to realize.

Seulgi noticed me staring.

"What's wrong?" She asked she looked very confused. Which confused me more. I could tell that she was wearing makeup and she usually didn't. I just continued to stare at her until the bell rung telling us to take our seats. 

I watched her go to her seat with Jisoo and I couldn't help but stare at her. There was something wrong and I wanted to find out and help her with it. 

Once class ended. I went up to Yongsun and Byul.

"Hey Solar do you mind if me and Seulgi go somewhere private?" Yongsun raises her eyebrows at me and Moonbyul just smirks.

"You gonna confess?" Moonbyul asked. 

"No!" I hit her in the arm and Yongsun separated us.

"It's fine Irene go ahead." Yongsun took Byul and they walked out of the classroom. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Seulgi looking confused.

"Where did they go?" 

"Somewhere else, we need to talk." Before she could respond, I took her hand and headed for the rooftop. Once we got there I turned back around and let go of her wrist.

"Seulgi do you trust me?"

"You brought me up to a roof and you're asking if I trust you? You're not gonna push me off are you?" She asked. I looked at her shocked and she just laughed.

"YAH! That isn't something to joke about! Why would you even think about that??" I asked. Does she really think that poorly of me.

"I'm just messing with you Irene." Seulgi wipes a fake tear off her face and then turns serious and catches me off guard. "I trust you Irene."

I take a deep breathe. "Can you close your eyes for me?"

Seulgi looked reluctant at first but then nods and closes her eyes. I pull out makeup wipes from my bag and start to wipe her face with it.

Seulgi immediately opens her eyes and holds my wrist telling me to stop.

I look at her face and notice bruises all over her face. What the heck happened.

"Seulgi? What happened?" Seulgi didn't respond to me and just kept looking down.

"Seulgi! This is serious! Who did that to you?" Once again she didn't respond.

"Is there more under that jacket?!" I asked raising my voice. Seulgi didn't say anything. I tried to calm down and took deep breaths.

"Can you take off your jacket? Please?" She stays still and I slowly approach her and take off her jacket slowly. My eyes widened when I saw tiny cuts and bruises all over her arm.

"Seulgi. Please talk to me. I only want to help and seeing you like this is only making me worried." I was desperate at this point. I wanted to help so badly and seeing her hurt like this hurt me as well.

Instead of asking her more questions I walked up towards her and gave her a hug. She stiffened a little but then started to relax.

"You don't have to say anything, but please if you need help please tell someone. This is upsetting for me seeing you like this." I felt Seulgi wrap her arms around me tightening the hug and I heard her start to sniffle.

I broke from the hug and looked at her in the eyes. I wiped away her tears with my thumb and kept looking at her. The bell rung and that made me come to my senses a little and I pulled back.

"If you ever want to talk, I'll be here and so will the others." I started to walk away and then I heard a mumble.

"Please don't go." I turned around and looked at Seulgi who was looking at me. She looked lost and sad. I walked back towards her and we sat on the rooftop.

"So how are you today?" I asked. I mentally slapped myself in the face. Really Irene? How are you today? She's literally crying. 

"I'm doing better now that you're here." I looked up and felt a little blush coming into my cheeks.

"Haha you really are turning into Byul, aren't you?" I said trying to cover up my blush.

"Seriously Irene. Thank you." I looked up at her and she was looking at me too. For a moment I thought that the world stopped. Before I could respond, we heard the door to the rooftop open and saw some teachers looking at us.

"RUN!" Before I could do anything, I felt someone grab my arm and drag me down the stairs. Once we got off of the stairs, Seulgi let go and ran on her own and I just ran behind her as well. 

I saw her look back at me and saw her laugh with that special eye smile. I smiled back and we kept running. We went off campus and decided to take a quick break. We lay down under a tree on the grass looking upwards.

"My mom." She said. I looked at her.

"What?"

"My mom did this to me." She said without looking back at me. She continued to stare at the leaves above us.

"Seulgi we have to do something about that!" How can a parent be so cruel to their own child? And especially to Seulgi? 

"No." I look at her with my eyes widened.

"What do you mean Seulgi? We have to tell someone about this!" I said I felt angry not at Seulgi but at her mom.

"Please Irene." I looked at her and this time she looked at me in the eyes. She was dead serious about not letting me tell anyone.

"I don't want you to do anything about it Irene. She is my mom. This is my business and I have it under control." She was very serious about her words.

"I-" I stopped when she sat on top of me. I immediately blushed, but she had such a serious face on.

"Promise me Irene. Don't tell anyone! I want to be the one that solves this and I don't want help from anyone." This time I look at her in the eyes.

"I don't think I can promise that Seulgi." She looks a little defeated.

"You don't have to promise then Irene. If it really does get bad then I will tell you. As long as you don't tell anyone. Once again I want to fight my own battles."

I don't know what to do. Should I trust her? Shouldn't I still help her? I look at her in the eyes.

"Fine." 

After I said fine, Seulgi let out a sigh of relief but still stayed on top of. I realize the position that we are in again and my face immediately turns red.

"What?" Seulgi looks at my red face still oblivious.

"C-can you get off of me please?" I asked stuttering a little.

Seulgi looks down and her face immediately goes red as well and quickly gets off.

"S-sorry!" Once she got off she bolted the opposite way from me. I laughed at how cute she was, but then remembered the serious talk before.

I'm sorry Seulgi, but if I see something again, I won't be able to keep it a secret. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

160K 4.4K 58
[YOU ARE THE MAIN CHARACTER] [KANG SEULGI X READER] (Just letting you know,It's like a Korean drama view.The videos or photos I'm using in the chapt...
138K 4.2K 16
UNDER EDITING (If early chapters seem better written than master chapters, that's why. I will put a notice on the chapter when it has been edited :))...
79.5K 2.9K 25
So, here's president Bae and Volleyball captain Kang for you. Enjoy :))))
9.2K 191 22
Bae Joohyun was so sick of people treating her differently. She just wanted to live a simple and independent life, away from pity and judging looks o...