Death Has a New Face

By 923rd_Ranger_Corps

After an incident during the Occupation of Umbara, in the Third year of the Clone Wars the 923rd had experien... More

Thank You Note
Prologue
V1: E1
V1: E2
V1: E3
V1: E4
V1: E5
V1: E6
V1: E7
V1: E8
V1: E10
V1: E11
V1: E12
V1: E13
V1: E14
V1: E15
V1: E16
V1: Epilogue
V2: E1
V2: E2
V2: E3
V2: E4
V2: E5
V2: E6
V2: E7
Status Check
Update: Been a little busy.

V1: E9

57 2 1
By 923rd_Ranger_Corps

(Day 788 - Clone Wars - Remnant) [Calista POV]

**Calista wakes up in the early morning after looking up and off the floor to see it's still dark. Walking over to the bathroom and sighing. Showering in cold water and quietly getting ready for another day as she looks around at the room. Then walking out of the room and headed to her classes early. Leaving a note saying that she's already in class before stopping. Looking back at her door and headed back to her room. Remembering they have a uniform before putting it on over her suit and taking a seat at their desk and starting a journal entry in the one possession she doesn't always have on her, her datapad**

(Two hours later, with Team AVJS) ['Classic' POV]

Classic: *watch up from the floor to see that three of the four beds are filled. Their leader, Aoric missing before he walks out of the bathroom. His eyes a dull brown as he walks out. Looking tied and his jacket collar up to hide his neck and looking at the others* Morning, Sir.

Aoric: *nodding as he looks to the beds* Alright guys! *clapping his hands and yelling* Wake up!

**The others waking up slowly as he has a faint smile**

Aoric: So! I woke us up early to have a little discussion.... *sitting on his be as he nervously holds his hands and looks up at them* I.... may lash out... and... I.... I'm sorry....

Jenni: *her tail drooping as she looks at Aoric* Why's that?

Aoric: I.... have an issue... mentally. *smiling as he dismisses it* I'll be fine... so don't worry about it.

Vanessa: *looking at Aoric as she looks concerned* Is this about what happened..... when you had a random burst of anger against the grimm?

Aoric: *getting defensive* N- no! And... I'm fine, okay?

Shade: Dude.... it-

Aoric: I'm fine! Okay! *getting up, fists clenched as he takes a deep breath* Just......, get ready for class...... okay?

Classic: *nodding* You got it, Sir....

Aoric: *nodding as he walks out of their room.*

Classic: *catching a glimpse of what looks like blood behind his collar and sighing* Alright.... you heard him... *getting up as he grabs his uniform* Let's get ready for our next assignment.

(An hour later) [Calista POV]

**Calista having finished her entry to look around Weiss sleeping soundly in her bed. Her eyes flutter open and she stretches her arms above herself, yawning, while Ruby Rose, dressed in her school uniform, creeps up on her side and suddenly blows a whistle, causing Weiss to fall off the bed.**

Ruby: Good morning, team RWBY!

Weiss: *from the floor* What in the world is wrong with you?

Calista: *looking at Calista as she smiles softly. Quietly saying to herself* At least she didn't wake her up the Specialist way....

Ruby: *ignoring the question* Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss: *getting up and brushing herself off* Excuse me?

Yang: *holding a collection of objects - pillows, pamphlets, a candle-holder - in her arms, also dressed alongside Blake* Decorating!

Weiss: What?!

Calista: Uuuummm.... What?

Blake: *lifting her suitcase* We still have to unpack. *the suitcase opens, spilling its contents* Aaaand clean.

Calista: *waving her deactivated Datapad before putting it away* Done.

**Weiss does not look enthusiastic about the thought of cleaning, and even more annoyed at Calista, only for Ruby to knock her back again with the blow of her whistle.**

Ruby: Aaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby and Twinzy have begun their first mission! *raises her fist into the air* Banzai!

Ruby with Blake and Yang: *doing the same at her sides* Banzai! *they turn at an angle as Weiss lays on the floor, calista standing there confused as she leans on the wall. A small digital watch showing the time in Arbesh, and a bunch of other information, such as a notification of when their next class is and its duration*

Calista: Hey... guys?

**Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Weiss positions the painting of the Forever Fall forest to perfection and walks away. Blake is busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of a book and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back. Ruby positions Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she can perfectly slash a diagonal portion off. A quick zoom around the room (and the repaired curtains) ends with the girls admiring their handiwork... with one problem. The beds are cramped together in the center of the floor.**

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Calista: What? You never seen a barracks before?

Blake: *narrowing her eyes* No....

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff...

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!

Calista: *smiling* Then it'll just be like the barracks!

Ruby: *smiling as she gives Calista a hug* Thanks! Twinzy!

Weiss: Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super-awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote!

Ruby: "I think we just did."

Calista: Just a heads up.... we should do this a bit later.... Classes start.... soon.

Ruby: *patting her shoulder* Don't worry! We'll get it done real quick!

**Blake thumbs up the idea, Yang makes a double-rocker gesture, and Weiss angrily curls her fists at her side. Decided, they rush at the beds, where sounds of jackhammering and sawing are heard until they gather back at the front of the room.**

Ruby: Objective: Complete!

Calista: ............. What?

**While Weiss' bed is simply on the ground next to her art and luggage, Blake's bed is next to her books, which are used to raise Yang's bed over it by placing the novels on the posts, and Ruby's is hanging from ropes on the ceiling with a blanket used as a tent over it. Calista using a few stolen pieces of cloth she took yo make a little blanket for her to sleep on the floor**

Ruby: Twinzy.... why are you sleeping on the floor? *patting her bed* You could sleep with me!

Calista: It's fine.... I'm used to it, Ruby.

Ruby: *frowning a little* Really?

Calista: *smiling* Yeah... I'll be fine, Twinzy.

Ruby: *cheering up a bit* Allllright! Our second order of business iiiiiiiis...! *the room spins until she lands on her bed and a book lands in her lap* Classes... *pulls out a pencil* Now, we have a few classes together today. At 9, we've got to be-

Calista: Uuuhh... Twinzy? U-

Weiss: What?! Did you say 9 o'clock?

Ruby: Uuuum...

Calista: We should go.... *running out the door*

Weiss: It's 8:55, you dunce!

**Weiss is rushing out of the room and down the hall after Calista, the members of RWBY and JNPR peeking out from their doorways to look at her go.**

Ruby: *flabbergasted until she decides* To class!

**Ruby runs out, followed by Yang, and Blake.**

Jaune Arc: Class...?

['Red' POV]

Red: *helmet still on as he has his belt over his uniform. Leaning on Jaune's head* What? You thought that you'd just get into combat with any drills, Deathstick?

**Jaune loses his balance and ends up toppling Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren on top of him. He manages to get out from under them and start dashing. Red the last to run after them**

Jaune: We're gonna be late!

Red: *sighing as he runs after them and into the courtyard, seeing Professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch watch the two teams hurry through the school. Glynda looks at her watch, and Ozpin simply sips his drink.* Nice to see you too.

(Short time skip to class) [Calista POV]

**The sight of an axe-blunderbuss weapon pans down to the boards displaying various species of Grimm - King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa - behind an elderly teacher named Peter Port.**

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

**The members of RWBY, seated on the front row, are in varying stages of interest; Blake and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, Calist listening as she has the parts of her WESTAR-35 Carbine all over her section of the table, which heavily annoys Weiss, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives silence as a result.**

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses... *gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably at, looking to Calist as he's about to do the same thing, only for him to hear the cracking of knuckles and stopping immediately as he fakes a cough* Anyways! Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Jenny: *raises her fist* Ayyyy-yep! *stands like this for a moment as everyone looks at her strangely before sitting down, embarrassed*

Shade: *patting her shoulder* It's fine, Jenny... maybe next time.

Jenny: *nodding as she smiles. Her tail wagging now*

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

**His words fade into the background when Weiss notices Ruby is very focused on penciling the paper in front of her. Calista adjusting something on her scope**

Port: ...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me...

**The speech evolves into nothingness as Ruby chuckles at her creation and shows it to her teammates: a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of the teacher with stink lines coming from him and "Professor Poop" written underneath. Ruby blows a quick raspberry. Blake and Yang laugh, but Weiss looks annoyed while Calista's putting her Carbine back together*

Port: "Ah-heh-hem!" *he waits until he has their attention again once he gives up on trying to get Calista's attention* In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!

**The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics and Calista's lack of focus**

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!

**Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face. While Calista's messing around with Gambol Shroud behind Blake's back**

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable!

**Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year. Calista now twirling a few things on Ember Cila. Yang noticing as she tries to take it from Calista**

Port: A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!

**Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose. Calista now tampering with myrtenstar as she has two bars of some sort of metal. much to Weiss' building anger.**

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss: *still angry, she raises her hand* I do, sir!

Casing: *also annoyed as he stands next to his team* Count me in, Sir!

Port: Well, then, let's find out! *he turns to gesture at the glowing red eyes surrounded by shadow shaking the cage that traps it* Ms. Schnee! Step forward, and face your opponent!

**The unknown monster continues to growl as Weiss leaves the class**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714 25 121
Nomi Darklighter's adventures during the Galactic Civil War.
16.5K 149 10
You follow ideals both of the sith, and jedi. While searching for last parts of your light saber, a rift opens and you're transported to the rwby uni...
78 5 2
So, you, a commander who commands a fleet of rebel ships and Mon Calamari ships, So, you were being chase by both, a Imperial fleet commanded by your...
37K 319 18
Early in the Clone Wars, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, and Clone Captain Rex were going to rendezvous with Jedi Master Mace Windu at...