Wood and Ice

By Jokers_Kitten

Two athletes of different sports both professionals. What will happen when they both meet? Could there be a r... More

Introduction/ Chapter 1
Chapter 2: The Phone Call
Chapter 3: 3 Weeks Later
Chapter 4: The Next Day
Chapter 5: Charity Event
Chapter 6: Drinks
Chapter 7: Woman's Classic
Chapter 8: Game Time
Chapter 9: Her Game
Chapter 10: The Workout
Chapter 11: The Telecast
Chapter 12: The Airport
Chapter 13: A Great Surprise
Chapter 14: Her Touch
Chapter 15: The Weekend Flies
Chapter 16: Several Months Later
Chapter 17: The Shock
Chapter 18: Broken and Confused
Chapter 19: Two Different Games
Chapter: 20 Reflection
Chapter 21: The Question
Chapter 22: Few Months Later
Chapter 23: The Big Reveal
Chapter 25: Several Months Later
Chapter 26 Several Months Later
Chapter 27:Shocking News
Chapter 28: Twist of Events

Chapter 24:

61 4 0
By Jokers_Kitten

TYLER POV

Its been a couple of weeks since the reveal. And Rochelle has to have a doctor's appointment every week now. Jayson and Amber are staying with us until the baby is born.

And before you think it was her idea, you would be wrong. Its all mine. I want someone with her incase she goes into labor.

We are on our away games right now and I am anything but focused. Everyone knows why and understands. We have three games to play and we won one and lost one.

I have called Jayson several times a day to make sure all is going good and that there's no way shes going into labor yet. He reassures me all the time that she is good.

She's in the "nesting" phase as he told me. That she is doing nothing but cleaning. The only issues she is having is her ankles are swollen and her back hurts. And apparently she's still bowling.

I personally don't like that. I couldn't imagine her water breaking on the lanes. 

But I have to push that back in my head as I have tp focus on tonights game.  We are playing my old team, the Bruins, and I really want to show them how much better of a player I have become since they let me go.

Right before we leave the locker room my phone starts ringing. All the guys stop and look. I looked at the caller id and see its Rochelle calling.

"Baby, what's wrong? Is everything ok? Did your water break? Is the ratbag coming?"

"Tyler slow down. No nothing is wrong, the ratbag is not making an appearance anytime soon and my water didn't break. I'm just calling to say good luck and you got this. Don't get inside your head. And I love you."

I let out a breath that I was holding in.  I gave the guys the thumbs up to let them all know shes ok. I told her I loved her too and would be home late tonight.

When I started walking out with my team eveyone was happy that she was still waiting. The guys get called on the ice then me then Jamie.

The game starts and its a tough one tonight. The hits been hard, the penalties have come and so have some of the power plays.

I have scored twice already and I just got a hat trick. We ended up winning in overtime 5-4.

Talk about a confidence boost. Sure I still have friends on the Bruins, but the  Stars are family. And I am glad I am playing for this organization.

We fly back home and all of us are beat. And since we won tonight tomorrow is an optional skate. Coach had us come in later in the afternoon.

So by the time I walked in it was 3 in the morning. I put my bag down by the door and made my way to our room. There she was sound asleep curled up with her body pillow and the dogs on the bed.

I stripped out of my clothes and put on some sweats and curled in right behind her. I gently kissed her shoulder and heard her soft moan.
She some how managed to scoot closer to me yet still being sound asleep. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.

Moring came and she is still sound asleep. Looking at the time its about 9:30, so I get a shirt put on and make my way out to the kitchen.

"Morning Ty" Amber calls to me from the kitchen.

"Morning. Where's your other half?"

"Sleeping if you can still believe that. "

"Yeah Rochelle is too."

Amber laughed and passed me a cup of coffee.  We sat around the kitchen island and talked while she made breakfast. She asked about the games and I told her we won teo out of the three. 

I asked her how she was doing with everything and she told me she was ok. That she is looking forward for the baby to be here and to be a mother of 2. And that her mom is really happy having Lisa Marie stay with her. And that she is so greatful to both Rochelle and myself. I told her she didn't have to thank me for anything. That I believed that she is the one that has the biggest heart out there.

While we were talking Jayson finally made his appearance and kissed Amber on her cheek. He gave me a bro hug and said mornin as well. We got talk about everything that's been going on over the past several weeks when I heard my name being yelled from our room.

"TYLER!!!"

I ran to our room to see Rochelle clutching her chest and breathing fast and hard. Her eyes were big and her forehead was sweaty.

"Baby, I'm here whats wrong? Is it time?"

She looks at me and starts crying. I run to her hand hold her against my chest. Her body was shaking as I held her in my arms.

"I.... it.... Jacob....oh my god."  She says in between fits of cries and ragged breathing. 

"Shh darling. I got you. Your safe. No one is gonna hurt you." I say as I make soft circles on her back.

Jayson and Amber make their way into the room cautiously stepping inside when they see Rochelle crying and shaking.

"I'll make some tea." Amber says and kisses Jayson's cheek.

I can see he wants to comfort her but doesn't. I motion for him to come in and sit down.

When he does he tries to speak to her but she digs into me even more. I reassured her that it was only Jayson and she relaxed into his touch as well.

We got her calmed down and asked her what happened. She managed to get her breathing under control just as Amber came back in with the tea. She gladly accepted it and drank some down.

Rochelle told us that she had a nightmare that it was about Jacob trying not only to attack her again but also me.

We told her it was only a nightmare and that her and I were both fine and so is the ratbag.

It was a day off for us and I had a surprise for her and Amber. A complete spa day. From getting her hair, nails and makeup down, but to having full body massages. That thwy both needed pampering and us guys are gonna hang about together doing whatever.

We had the girls get ready and we drove them to this spa place that I found that also came highly recommended by some of the WAGS on the team.

I asked Jayson what he wanted to do while the girls were getting pampered  and he told me he wanted to see what it was really like to be a tendy for a pro hockey team. So I called up Jamie. Then I called the coach and told him what Jayson wanted.

We pulled up to the arena and walked into the dressing room. We all got geared up and took to the ice. Including Jayson as well. Coach threw him in as tendy and we had a little scrimmage. It truly impresses me to watch anyone so passionate about something they love. And man he is fanfuckingtastic.

We got done and headed to the locker rooms and coach was saying how impressed he was with Jayson. And with all of us for not taking it easy on him.

As all the guys were talking with Jayson, our phones started ringing. We both grabbed our phones but realized it was only mine going off.

I looked at the caller id and saw Rochelle's name, so I answered it. But it was actually Amber.

"Hey calm down. I can't understand you when you're talking this fast."

"Ty, its time."

Thats all I needed to hear. Well maybe not all.

"Where are you? Whats that sound in the background?"

"We are on our way to the hospital, were in the ambulance. Please Ty, get Jayson and move."

"Will do."

I hung up with her and stood up. I started shaking and Jamie noticed. He quickly jumped to his feet pulling me from my thoughts as he called to me. I looked at him and then yelled out.

"ITS TIME."

Jamie grabbed his keys as he told us he was driving. I pulled Jayson out and we rushed to Jamies car and sped to get to the hospital.

As we got to the emergency entrance Jayson and myself ran in and to the nurse's station. The lady behind it asked if she could help us.

I told her we were here for Rochelle Parker that she was just brought in cause she was in labor.

She asked what our relationship was to said patient.

"I am the boyfriend. Then pointed to Jayson, "He's the baby daddy."

The look on her face was priceless as she must have interpreted that wrong on so many levels.

Jayson finally corrected what I ment. "He is Rochelle's boyfriend and she is mine and my wifes surrogate."

The nurse finally understood and told us to go to the maternity ward room 816.

We made our way to the elevator and got inside for that slow ride.

"Its time daddy." I said to Jayson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 175 31
Two girls, two sports, two different worlds, all eyes on them at all times. So what happens when these worlds unexpectedly come crashing together? Wi...
14.6K 126 13
Your cousin's bachelorette party heats up when you run into a professional hockey player, Tyler Seguin. Are things going to be serious? Or are you ju...
178 0 33
Two girls are best friends and both love softball. They have grown up together and played softball with each other since they were little. When they'...
358K 4.5K 38
Harley and Tyler have been friends all their lives but can one mistake and an NHL draft ruin all of that? **COMPLETED** DISCLAIMER *This is all fake...