A Bender With a Gift |BOOK 1|...

By ItsMeFoxie02

Cover made by me! ______________________ Ayira has been bestfriends with korra since she was born. They click... More

Introduction!
"Chapter 1"
"Chapter 2"
"Chapter 3"
"Sorry"
"Chapter 4"
"Chapter 5"
"Chapter 6"
"Chapter 7"
"Chapter 8"
"Chapter 9"
"Chapter 10"
"Chapter 11"
"Chapter 12"
"Chapter 13"
"Chapter 14"
"Chapter 15"
"Chapter 16"
"Chapter 17"
"Chapter 18"
"Chapter 19"
"Chapter 20"
"Chapter 21"
"Chapter 22"
"Chapter 24"
"Chapter 25"
"Chapter 26"
"Chapter 27"
"Chapter 28"
"Chapter 29"
" IMPORTANT! "
"Chapter 30"
"Chapter 31"
!¡ Author's Note ¡!
"Chapter 32"
"Chapter 33"
"Chapter 34"
"Chapter 35"
¡!Important!¡

"Chapter 23"

1.3K 41 22
By ItsMeFoxie02

Here is the next chapter! Have fun reading. :)

This chapter is extra long and I hope that you guys are okay with that!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Amon stood before me.. it looked like he was protecting me from Tahno. But he would just attack me when his done with him.. what should I do.

When I looked around I couldn't find Meeko anywhere and was worried about where he went. But I was also disappointed in myself that I just found out and not 10 or 15 minutes ago.

I looked at Amon who was facing Tahno. Tahno's eyes gave away that he was mad but also scared.

'You don't treat a girl like that.' Amon said in a serious tone.

'Who the hell are you to mind my business.' He said with a snarl.

'You'll find out soon now scram.' Amon suggested.

'No I'm not leaving her with you.' He said with a serious tone.

'I think shes in better hands with me than she will ever be with you.'

'Yeah I think not. Do you even know who you're talking to?' Tahno said with a threatening tone.

'Should I care?'

And that was the line for Tahno he sends some water towards Amon and he easily dodged, but that made the water come my way and I quickly froze it. When I looked up I saw Amon running towards Tahno.

It was fascinating to look at how Amon easily dodged every attack. But my thought changed when I saw that he had won and was gonna take his bending.

Before I could say anything Amon knocked Tahno out and let him fall on the ground. My insticts said to run but when I wanted to run I looked at Amon and his eyes met mine.

'Don't you dare run.' He said in a demanding tone and slowly came up to me. I gulped and it felt like I was frozen to the ground.

When he was close enough he began to speak again.

'Looks like I saved you twice from that guy.' He said with a cocky tone.

'What do you mean twice..' I asked with confusement.

'Don't you remember that time in the arena?' He asked.

'But.. that was a dream. It couldn't been real. Why the hell would you save me. This is probably also a dream.' I said and grabbed to my head. Feeling a painly headache because of all the confusement.

'I may be a villian from your perspective, but I don't treat woman like that.' He replied and that's when I felt a hand by my chin pulling it up.

His eyes met mine again and I couldn't help but feel thankfull that he came to save me maybe even feel save with him by my side.. but I can't feel like this.

I tried to look down again but he resisted. His eyes never left mine and I felt a shiver going threw my body a small pink colour appeared on my cheeks. But thats when our moment stopped.

'Get away from her Amon!' Korra's voice echoed threw the air. We both looked her way and I saw clearly a hint of anger in her eyes.

He turned back to me and met my eyes once again before he ran away he leaned close to my ear.

'Until we see eachother again.' A shiver went threw my body again and he ran away. I looked back at him until he disappeared in the distance.

Some seconds later footsteps were heard and voices followed.

'Are you okay? Did he do something to you?!' Korra almost yelled.

'No I-I'm fine.' I stuttered still trying to process what just happend. Korra looked down and turned her head to the left seeing Tahno knocked out on the ground.

'How did that happen?' She asked with confusement.

'I eh knocked him out.' I lied.

'Well he probably deserved it.. now let's go Bolin is waiting for us at the arena.' Korra said to me and grabbed my hand to pull me with her.

I looked one last time behind me and saw a glimpse of Amon's mask on the roof of the building close to us. His eyes met mine for the last time and then he disappeared.

Then I remembered that Tahno was still laying on the ground but when I looked at the spot where he was meant to be he was gone.. and something told me that I would see him again.

Some minutes later we arrived at the arena and there I saw Bolin waiting for the both of us.

'There you are.' Bolin said focussing on me and walked up to give me a tight hug.

'C-Cant breath..' I whimpered.

'Oh sorry.. I'm just happy that you're okay.' He said with a small smile when he let go of me.

'Let's go in shall we.' Korra suggested which Bolin and I returned a nod of agreement.

We walked in and went straigth to the close up stand for pro benders. When we walked in we we're met by Mako.

'Just in time our round was just gonna start.' He said with a small smile of relief and walked up to the front. Korra and Bolin did the same and stood beside him waiting for their turn.

'Folks, after a year of waiting, the probending championship tournament is finally here!'

'Tonight is the first set of matches in our single elimination 16-team bracket and I gotta tell ya these are the most tenacious and talented bending trios this arena has ever seen.'

The stand started to move and they all went to the arena battleground.

'You can do this guys! I believe in you all.' I cheered and was met by a sweet smile of appreciation from Mako.

'Introducing our first team,  the future industries Fire Ferrets..'

I began to cheer and applause when I heard the door behind me slowly open up. I quickly turned around and was met by Asami.

'Oh hey.' I said with a nervous chuckle because she scared the sh*t out of me.

'Sorry did I scare you?' She asked with a bit of regret.

'Nah It's okay.' I reassured her and turned back to the match.

Korra, Bolin and Mako were now standing on the battleground and the other team was almost there too.

When they arrived they immediatly ran towards mid and stood ready in their pose to fight. Just some seconds later the start bell was heard and they began to fight.

'So why didn't you join them when you could?' Asami asked randomly catching me by suprise.

'Eh I wasn't there when they needed someone.' I told her and tried to focus on the match again.

'Why weren't you here.'

'I got caught by Amon.' I admitted not taking my eyes of the fight.

'Oh god that's terrible are you okay now?' She asked with concern. My blood started to boil but I tried to stay calm.

'Yeah I'm fine.'

'U sure because it's not just something that happens often?' I turned around to face her and took a deep breath before talking.

'Look no hard feelings but I kinda want to focus on the tournament and I can't if you keep asking me questions.' I said in a serious tone.

'Oh sorry.. I'll go then I guess.' She said with disappointment and left me alone.

I sighed and turned around to focus on the game again.

'The Ferrets advance into Rabbaroo territory and are holding nothing back. Nice sprawl there by Mako. Bolin strikes, Ula dodges and all three Rabbaroos are down! The Fire Ferrets easily take round one.'

'Woho! Goodjob guys!' I screamed but obviously knew that they couldn't hear me.

The bell was heard again and round two began.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

After the match..

All three walked back to the little stand where I was again but Bolin stayed behind a bit.

'Thank you! Thank you very much!' He screamed to the crowd. A small chuckle left my mouth and I turned my gaze to Mako and Korra who now were walking my way.

'Wow, we were really connecting out there in that ring.' said Mako to Korra.

'Yes you guys were-' I began before I got interupted by Korra.

'Yeah, you know, I feel like the two of us have been connecting really well out of the ring too.' She said to Mako and I saw her cheeks getting a bit red.

Oh no.... I thought in my head and gave myself a facepalm.

'Um, sure.' He said with a bit unease and turned around.

'So I was thinking we should spend some time together.'

'We've been spending lots of time together.' He said with a bit confusement to where this was going to.

'I mean outside of the gym and not while searching fot kidnapped family members or fighting chi-blockers.'

I looked at Mako and saw that he was not liking where this was going to so I slowly slided to Korra's side.

'Don't do this Korra.. he has a girlfriend.' I whispered for only her to hear but got pushed away by her.

I warned you...

'I don't know. Asami and I are-' He started and turned his gaze to the ground before he got interupted by Korra.

She slided close to him and quickly said what I warned her not to do.

'Look, I really like you and I think that we were meant for each other.' She said while staring with wide eyes into Mako's soul.

Mako was a little overwhelmed and I saw that he was trying to find something to say to her. He turned around and had a sad expression on his face.

Korra quickly hid her face from embarrassment with her hands and looked the other way.

'Korra, I'm really sorry, but I jus't don't feel the same way about you.'

I tensed up when I saw that Mako was lying and couldn't believe it. My mind told me that they're definitly gonna end together one day.. a small smile appeared on my face.

'Forget I ever said anything.' Korra said in defeat and layed down her helmet on the table when the door opened and we were all met by Asami.

'Congratulations, guys. You were so amazing out there.' She said with her normal sweet voice.

I looked at her and saw that Pabu was sitting on her shoulder but when he saw me he quickly ran up to me and sat down on mine.

I chuckled and Pabu licked my face. From the corner of my eye I saw Asami giving Mako a kiss on his cheek and he turned his gaze to Korra who already had her gaze on them.

He quickly changed his face expression and gave Asami a sweet grin. Korra wanted to walk away when Bolin stopped her.

'So, Korra I was thinking you and me, we could go get some dinner together sort of a date situation.'

My eyes widened and I looked at Pabu who was facing Korra and Bolin. I gave myself a facepalm again and questioned myself how I ever ended up here in a love square.

'Oh, that's really sweet, but I don't think so. I don't feel very date-worthy' Korra said with a sad tone and leaned on the table.

'Are you kidding me? You're the smartest, funniest, toughest, buff-est, talented-est, incredible-est girl in the world.' He said and hyped her up a small blush came on her cheeks again.

Korra giggled before starting to talk again.

'You really feel that way about me?' She asked with a bit of suprise.

Just by watching this I felt lonely and turned my head to Pabu who was already looking at me. I definitly knew  what he was thinking.

'Owh screw you.' I mumbled to Pabu but patted him right after.

'I felt that way since the moment I saw you.' He said with honesty.

'Trust me, I know we're going to have so much fum together.'

'You know what, I could use some fun. Okay, sure!' Said Korra to Bolin.

'Yes! Who's the luckiest guy in the world? Right here, Bolin!' He cheered. I walked after them.

'Wait guys can I come too?' I asked clearly knowing that they wouldn't mind but still asking because it's called being polite.

'Eh not now Ayira. We would rather go together.' Bolin said to me with a serious tone.

I don't know why but the way he said it just hurts my feelings. My eyes widened and they both walked away. The thing that hurt me the most was that Korra didn't even say anything... or protested against Bolin.

That's what Bestfriends do right?... or am I wrong?

I sighed and looked at Pabu who hadn't left me alone. He looked kinda sad too because Bolin didn't even paid attention to him.

'Don't be sad Pabu. Let's just go just you and me and Meeko.' I said with small smile.

If Meeko is even outside..

When I walked outside I was met by a huge wolfbear.

'Meeko! Where the hell were you.' I said with relief and also anger that he just left.

He nudged me with his head and I knew that I couldn't stay mad at him. I gave him a little hug and Pabu joined us too.

I climbed up Meeko's back and Pabu quickly jumped onto my shoulder again clearly not wanting to leave my side.

'So where do you guys wanna go?' I asked clearly knowing that they wouldn't answer.

'Let's just go to the park I bet the stars are an amazing sight.' I said to Meeko and he started to run that way.

It took 10 minutes before we ended up in the park and stopped by a nice spot. I climbed down and sat down on the ground. Meeko layed down beside me and I let myself slowly fall against his fur. Pabu was already laying down on Meeko's warm fur too.

I looked up and was amazed by how magical it actually looked. There was completely silence around me and I realised until now that I really missed the silence.

Without even knowing it I fell of into a deep sleep.

Some hours later...

I felt a little nudge and slowly opened my eyes. At first I thought it was gonna be Meeko or Pabu but they were also in a deep sleep. I looked around me and stopped when I saw a figure standing a littlw bit far for me to see their face.

'Hello? Who are you?' I asked with confusement. There was no reaction.

'Hello? I asked who are you.' I said in a demanding tone. This time the figure walked up to me and when he or she was in my sight I saw that it was a man.

'Hello.' The voice of the man said to me.

'Why did you wake me up?' I asked with confusement.

'Well it's quite late for someone to just sleep here.' He said with interest and curiousity.

'How late is it?' I asked with still a sleepy voice.

'2 am.'

My eyes widened of shock. Tenzin and Pema must be really worried...

God I'm such a terrible person..

I nudged Meeko to wake up it took some seconds before I saw his eyes open.

'Meeko we have to go home. We can bring Pabu with us for the night.'

I slowly grabbed pabu before Meeko stood up and wanted to climb up when I realized the man was still there. I took a deep breath and layed Pabu on Meeko's back.

After that I turned around to face the man again.

'Thank you...' I started waiting for the man his name.

'Noatak.' A small grin appeared on his face. I just realised that the voice was oddly familiar..

'Do I know you?' I asked with confusement.

'Not that I know of.' He said with a serious tone.

'Oh well.. I'm Ayira.' I gave him a sweet smile.

'What a beautifull name.' He said in a forced tone.

'Eh thanks.. I think I will go now.' I said feeling a bit uneasy for some reason and climbed up on Meeko's back. I turned my gaze to Noatak.

'It's nice to meet you Noatak.' I said with a small uneasy smile.

'I can say the same about you. I hope to see you around soon.' He said with a forced voice again.

'Yeah probably.. Come on Meeko let's go.'

And with that Meeko took of and before we were gone in the distance for Noatak I turn around one last time and felt like there was something odd about him.

His eyes met mine and a slight smirk appeared on his face. I knew he was hidding something and I'm gonna find out what.

'Until we see eachother again Noatak.'

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Well just like I said before you've read this chapter it's pretty long just because I promised you all for a two new chapters in the weekend and only did one.

I'm very sorry about that but I didn't have much time. I did today tho so I hope you all are happy with this.

Also thanks for almost 3,5k reads you guys are amazing! The reads are going so fast and I couldn't wish for better readers than you all!

▪︎ This chapter has 3006 words.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 594 55
Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or even the greatest Avatar. But in my case...
131K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
26.3K 574 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
617K 25K 60
An Avatar: The Last Airbender Fanfiction (Zuko X OC) "And lastly, we are free, but we are not our own persons." At this, the student frowned and...