"Chapter 10"

First of all I would like to say: Thank you very much for almost 450 reads! I love you all so much!

Just for you peeps I thought 'why not make one today' and so here it is!

Hope you enjoy!

******

I woke up from a terrifying scream. It looked like it came from Korra's room. I ran towards the room and smashed the door open.

Korra sat right up in bed and was gasping and panting more than ever. Naga laid beside her and licked her hand. Naga was whining and was concerned about Korra. I knew that Korra had seen me but it looked like she ignored me.

'Its- Its alright Naga. I just had a bad dream.' She hugged Naga and looked up.

'You sure that you're alright?' I said with a little bit of concern in my voice.

'Yes Ayira I'm fine. It was just a dream nothing new.' Says Korra with a stern tone.

'Korra chill. I was just checking on you.'

I turned around and wanted to walk away but that changed when Korra called me back in.

'Wait Ayira. I'm sorry.' She said with disappointment. I sighed and walked up to her to sit on the bed.

'Its alright Korra but if you mind asking me.. what was your dream about?' I asked to her with curiousity and concern.

'It was about Amon.. and his little minions. They broke into the air temple and wanted to take my bending away.' She said with tears forming in her eyes.

She embraced me and I hugged her back. Giving her little pats on her shoulder to reassure her that its gonna be okay.

'I'm so scared of Amon.. I don't know what to do..' she said in defeat. It was knew to hear Korra say that she was scared for someone. Most of the times she scared people away, but this time its different..

'Its gonna be okay Korra. I will be there to protect you. I'm not scared of him he has to come threw me first to get you.' I said to Korra with a calming tone in my voice. We both started to chuckle about the image of me standing up for her.

But the thing is.. I wasn't joking. Amon didn't scare me at all and I knew that he was hiding something and I will be the one to find out what his hiding.. all is it the last thing that I do..

'What did I ever do to deserve you.' A smile appeared on Korra's face.

'Well I don't know but I have to say so myself I'm pretty awesome.' I said to Korra and we both started to end up in laughter.

'Just try to get some sleep.'

'Alright Mom.' Korra said with a small smile and layed back in bed.

'Goodnight scaredy cat.' I said to Korra while returning a smile back to hers. Korra grabbed a pillow and threw it my way.

'Hey! Thats not very nice.' A chuckle escaped my mouth. I threw the pillow back and turned around to leave.

'Goodnight Ayira.' Was the last thing that I heard before I closed the door again.

It only took some hours before the sun had risen up. I step out of bed and put my daily clothes on. A new day a new chance of living one hell of a life.

The smell of food was floating threw the whole temple. It already smelled very delicious and lets just hope that it tastes just as delicious as it smells. I opened the door to the dining room to be met by everyone.

'Looks like I slept a bit in.' A small smile appeared on Pema's face.

'Well atleast one of us had slept like a princess.' Korra said to me with a small fake smile.

I wondered if she had a nightmare again but I didn't ask just because Tenzin was here and he would go all crazy about it. After dinner Tenzin left to go to a council meeting and Korra and I were going to practice airbending.

The day flew by and Korra and I were still practicing when we heard the radio switch from channel. We stopped when we heard the voice of Amon and listened.

'Good evening, my fellow Equalists.' He started.

'More like minions.' I said with irritation. Korra and I chuckled.

'This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard The Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution.'

'What.. thats not even true. His brainwashing them with chit chat and lies.' I said with disbelief.

'But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear.'

I looked at Korra and saw her staring at the radio. Sweat was dripping of her face.

'Are you okay Korra?' I asked with concern, but she didn't answer.

'The time has come for benders to experience fear.'

The channel changed and the music was heard again. Korra was frozen to the ground.

'Hey Korra? You alright..?' I tapped her shoulder and she quickly turned around and bended fire my way.

The fire had hit my side.. but the one thing that I cared about is for Korra to relax. The things I do for Korra.. I embraced her in my arms.

'Shh Korra.. Its okay. Don't let the fear control you.' She shrugged and some tears fell down her face.

'Omg.. I'm sorry Ayira. I burned you..' Korra said while looking down to the wound.

'Its okay.. I can handle it.' I said with a small smile.

'What happend to you? It looked like you were gone from this universe.'

'I don't know.. I think I need some rest. I've got to attend to a speech tommorow.'

She walked away never taking her eyes of the ground. I knew that she was scared for Amon to take her bending away.. and I get that. If he did.. she would lose everything that she had fought for and he would win the revolution.

But If he did.. I would always be there to stop him.

********

Sorry that this chapter is so short but I'm gonna be making a new chapter immediatly when I have posted this one. That means that there are gonna be two chapter for today!

Thank you all again for almost 450 reads! I couldn't have done this without you guys :)

Cya in the next chapter.

▪︎ This Chapter has 1103 words.