๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง๐ฌ, km

By evieflower

โdamnit rory, you got him gigglingโž ๐˜ข ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ More

๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ
๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž
๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐Ÿ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ
๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐จ๐ง๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ง๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ข๐ฑ
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ฌ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง
๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ-๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ

๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ

39.1K 1K 4K
By evieflower

Aurora Salvatore sat on the couch in her house, basking in the light shining through the windows, blissfully ignoring Stefan and Elena being way too touchy with one another. She would nod her head once in a while to anything that was being said., but she actually was simply just too busy playing tic tac toe with herself.

After a while, Elena and Stefan stopped talking. So Rory spent that time relishing in the silence. The silence soon being ended by a very aggressive knock at their own door. Rory was about to stand up, and get it. But, Damon pushed her back onto the couch, getting the door himself.

"Thanks for coming, Ric." Stefan greeted as he opened the door.

Rory's head immediately perked up hearing her favorite teacher's name. Or, probably favorite person. When he made his way into the house, Rory began enthusiastically waving at him, with a smile on her face. Once Ric saw the tiny girl, he waved back, with just as much enthusiasm.

"You need something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon offered.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Alaric said, trying not to laugh as Rory went back to her tic tac toe.

"Yeah. We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan told him.

The mention of the name, Rory's eyes went wide, and she began choking on air, catching the attention of everyone in the room. Alaric reached over and began patting her on the back.

"Thanks," Rory told him but it sounded much more like a little squeak.

Once Ric turned back to the real conversation, he looked skeptically at everyone's face. Damon, who's was blank. Stefan's who's brows were furrowed, Elena's who was staring at Damon, and then he finally looked over at Rory, who just shrugged before laying on the couch dramatically.

"Now why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Ric said.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead- not dead vampire wife might." Damon told him while taking a spot next to him.

"Isobell's research, from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena butted in.

"You said that she had spent years researching this down." Stefan added on.

"Isobel's research here- Mystic Falls-- Was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction." Ric told them.

"Like that amazing vampire story," Damon said sarcastically causing Rory to roll her eyes.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked, brining her knees up to her chest.

"Lycanthrope." 

Rory sat next to him trying not to have a reaction, then she saw everyone else's faces, Elena who looked confused. Of course she doesn't know, Rory thought.

"Wait. Like Werewolves?" Stefan asked.

"No way. Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney." Damon said, but Rory could tell he was getting confused himself.

"Is it?" Rory piped in. "I've been alive for way too long, and I can move stuff with my mind, and talk to animals, talk about a fucking fairytale."

"I've never come across one." Damon added in, glaring at her, probably for using bad words, so Rory just shrugged her shoulders, and laid back down on the couch. "If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" He finished seemingly trying to convince himself.

"Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Ric asked him.

"Because vervain didn't effect the mayor on founder's day but the Gilbert device did. And it effected his sone Tyler" Damon explained.

Rory involuntarily shuddered, remembering that night, and seeing him be killed.

"And at the school carnival, his Uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers." Stefan added on. "It suggested some sort of a supernatural entity.

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is." Elena explained.

"Well, all of her things are still at Duke. I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing." Alaric responded.

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asked.

Alaric rolled his head to the side as if debating what could happen. And Rory felt bad for him, having to not only talk about his 'late' wife, but talking about pretty much using her for the information she collected.

"Ric, we need to know what we're are dealing with. If this wolf man thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good." Damon explained sternly.

The youngest Salvatore rolled her eyes knowing they shouldn't have to deal with anything. If Mason wanted them dead, they probably would be. Nothing bad has happened between either werewolves or vampires in Mystic Falls. But, if Damon decides to actually deal with it, they will be facing many more problems.

"It means that Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney. And that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney Jr. Which means Bela Lugosi- meaning me- is totally screwed." Damon angrily finished.

Once they had their conversations, Alaric said they could go to Duke, and do some digging to see if they could find anything to help them out. Damon told Rory that she had to come, or he would burn her garden down. Much to her dismay, because she doesn't want to spend the whole time having to watch Damon and Elena ogle at each other. But at least Ric would be there with her.

Stefan took Elena back to her house to pack, while Rory stayed, talking with Ric, until it was time to go. Damon drove the three of them to Elena's house to pick her up.

"Sorry you can't come too Stef." Damon said while pretending to pout.

Elena attempted to glare at him, but more stared at him.

"Call me if you need anything." Stefan said, bringing her attention back to him.

"Oh, I'll take really good care of her." Damon said.

Rory was in the backseat, smacking her head on the seat in front of her, not wanting another passive aggressive fight over Elena.

Elena then grabbed the back of Stefan's neck and started aggressively making out with him.

"OH MY EYES!" Rory said, covering her eyes, ignoring Ric who was laughing at her.

"Okay. Time to go." Damon said, clearly wanting to be out of that situation.

Stefan then opened the door for Elena to get in. When she did, Rory gave her a smile, which Elena didn't return at all.

"You're coming?" Elena asked in a disgusted tone.

"Well, I- I mean yeah. You were there when Damon was threatening me." Rory told her, her smile, now a little less excited. She then averted her gaze towards Damon, "Why do I need to come anyways?" She asked him.

Damon turned around to his sister. "Just incase we need a little freak, with witchy abilities, we have one."

Rory's smile, now long gone. The frown on her face was deep. She turned her body, so now she was looking out a window. "So you're using me." She mumbled under her breath.

Alaric was looking in the review mirror at her apologetically, because he knew how much she hated being called a freak. They had a whole conversation about it one night.

After quite a long time of silence in their drive, Damon turned around and spoke up. "How you doing back there?"

"Leave them alone." Ric said, clearly already tired of the vampire.

"You know, this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly." Damon directed at Elena.

Ric scoffs, "I don't think she's pretending."

"You did kill her brother." Rory added on. Damon turned around and glared at her, to which she just put her two hands up in mock surrender.

"There is a huge asterisk next to that statement. He came back to life." He defended himself.

"Yeah. Thanks to a ring that you didn't know he was wearing." Elena said.

"Why are you so sure I didn't know?" Damon challenged.

"Did you?" Elena asked him in an overly cocky tone.

"Yes," he responded with a smirk.

"You're lying." She pointed out.

"Elena, I saw the ring. Big tacky thing. It's hard to miss." He finished while smiling at her.

The rest of the car ride went by in silence, Damon occasionally looking back at Elena, until they finally arrived at the college.

"So, Isobel was officially employed by the anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomena is rooted in folklore." Alaric explained as the four walked in. When they made it to another room, Ric spotted someone. "Excuse me. Hi, I'm Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier." He greeted.

"Yes. Of course." The lady said while closing a drawer. "I'm Vanessa Monroe, research assistant comparative folklore." She introduced herself, definitely checking Damon out. "Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys." She finally said after snapping out of it.

"I'm sorry, these are my friends, Rory, Elena, and Damon." He introduced the other three. Damon, who gave her a smirk, Elena who just stared at her, and Rory who waved with a smile. "I hope this isn't too much of an imposition."

"Please." Vanessa dismissed. "Isobel's office is right through there. Isobel was one of my first professors. I'm a grad student. She was brilliant. One of the reasons I went into folklore." She explained while sitting on her desk. "I have to ask... um- Has there been any news?"

"No. No. I'm afraid not." Alaric lied.

"It's right this way." Vanessa said, leading them to her old office.

When she unlocked the door and led them in, Rory was in awe of it. It was quite large for a typical office, but it had an array of books, artifacts, and anything folklore-y.

"I'll grab the light. Feel free to look around." Vanessa told them as she began to leave the room.

All four of them, went to different parts of the office looking at different things. Elena went to the bookshelf, Alaric went to the desk, Damon went over to a table and began looking at fossils, and Rory went to the window to see if they had a garden outside.

"Where'd she go?" Damon asked.

Confused, all of them turn around to the door, and it just so happens that Vanessa came walking up, this time with a crossbow, pointing it at Elena. Right as she was about to shoot it, both Salvatore siblings acted.

Damon ran up to her, blocking it with his back, and then Rory put her hand up, in an attempt to stop it. Rory, being the most successful, made the arrow disappear, just as she had with a stake that Damon weld not too long ago.

Alaric ran up to the girl and pushed her up against the wall.

"That bitch is dead." Damon said.

"Uh, you're not going to kill her." Elena told him.

"Watch me." Damon responded in an overly seductive tone, causing Rory to make overly exaggerated fake gagging noises behind them.

"You touch her, and I swear I will never speak to you again." Elena said as he began walking out the door.

This manipulative bitch, Rory thought.

"What makes you think that has any power over me? Cause I was about to take an arrow in the back for you? You are severely overestimation yourself." Damon said walking back to her.

"Right. I forgot that I was speaking to a psychotic mind who snaps and kills people impulsively. Fine. Go ahead. Do whatever you want." Elena spoke.

Rory groaned, wanting to be done with their conversation. "Yeah, yeah, he's a psychopath, can you please leave it alone Elena?" She asked the girl before turning to Damon, "Please don't kill her." She asking him.

"Fine. Since you asked, I won't." He told her, causing Elena to frown, and then glare at Rory, who was smiling proudly at her brother.

Rory then left the room, not wanting to be there for another awkward silence, so she went to the room Alaric took Vanessa.

"Please! Please I panicked." Was the first thing she heard from Vanessa when she walked in. "All right, you would have done the same thing. It is not possible! Katherine Pierce can't be alive. And Damon and Aurora Salvatore died in 1864. Okay. I read Isobel's research."

"Well, then you should know just how possible this is." Alaric told her.

Just then Elena and Damon walk in.

"I'm Elena Gilbert, Isobel's daughter and a descendent of Katherine Pierce." Elena explained. "And this is Damon Salvatore, just who you almost shot."

"I'd be extra nice to me right night." Damon said.

Realizing she wasn't introduced, Rory did it herself. "Hi! I'm Rory." She told Vanessa, as she held her hand out for her to shake.

"Look we need your help. Okay. We need to see all of Isobel's research, anything related to Mystic Falls." Elena said.

Vanessa then agreed, and so they began their search for the information they needed.

"This box tracks Katherine's arrival to Mystic Falls in April of 1864." Vanessa said while bringing a box full of old records and books up to Elena.

"Is that all there is about her?" Elena asked.

"All that I am aware of."

Rory was looking out the window, but then turned back around when Elena handed something to Vanessa.

"Here." She said handing over a small plant which Rory then recognized as vervain. "Take this."

"Hey! That's mean." Rory said to Elena who rolled her eyes, and Vanessa laughed.

"Does vervain really work?"

"Nope! Not at all." Damon called over from where he was standing at the door.

"Can he hear us?" She asked Rory and Elena.

"No, that would be creepy!" He whispered back.

"Can he read minds, too?" Vanessa asked sarcastically.

Damon then turned around, "You know, if you wanted to see me naked, all you had to do was ask."

"Ew." Rory said, flicking her wrist to close the door, from across the room.

Vanessa then laughed, while putting the vervain in her jacket pocket.

Rory began helping Elena look through the box, going through papers and notes, all which seemed to be in different languages.

"Any luck?" Damon asked as he walked up on the two.

"There's nothing in here about Katherine that we don't already know." Elena sighed.

Although Rory probably knew a lot more about Katherine, she wasn't going to rat her out, so she just put a reassuring arm on her shoulder, and smiled at her. Elena, looked over and sent her a small smile back.

Rory, was ecstatic on the inside. It was probably the first time she has smiled in her general vicinity. 

"Ah, man." Damon said. "You know, it's a bummer we're not friends anymore. Because I can tell you what I know."

Rory shot him a quick glare, not wanting him to say something, and then Damon just rolled his eyes at her, knowing of their friendship.

"Now who's manipulating who?" Elena challenged.

"Hey, guys. Check this out." Ric said from beside them, catching the other's attention. He then handed over the book he was scanning through.

"There's no record of werewolf mythology in Mystic Falls." Vanessa started. "But here are some records of some of the lesser known legends. Everything from Scandinavian skin-walkers to the Marshalderitz," she finished, handing the book over to them, so they can see. She spoke something in a foreign language while pointing to the pictures. "Which roughly translates into 'The Curse of The Sun and Moon.'"

"It's Native American." Alaric pointed out.

"Aztec." Rory corrected.

Vanessa nodded in confirmation, "It explains one origin of the werewolf curse traced through Virginia. The short story- 600 years ago, the Aztecs were plagued by werewolves and vampires. They terrorized the countryside, made farming and hunting impossible. Until an Aztec Shaman cursed them, making vampires slaves to the sun, and werewolves servants to the moon. As a result, vampires could only prowl at night, and werewolves could only turn on a full moon. When the full moon crests the sky, whosever unlucky enough to fall under the werewolf curse, turns into a wolf."

Everyone was listening intently, Rory, who loves stories, was hanging on to every word.

"Can they control the transformation?" Damon inquired.

"If it were a choice, it wouldn't be called a curse." Vanessa pointed out. "Werewolves witll attack humans. By instinct and centuries of rivalry have hardwired them to hunt their prey of choice- vampires."

Everyone took a breath of air, looked around at each other. Rory, who was mainly looking at Damon, giving him a look as if to tell him, 'don't do anything stupid'.

Damon then pulled himself closer to Vanessa, "Well... If werewolves are hunting vampires, I would know about it." He said too cockily for anyone's liking.

"Not if there aren't that many werewolves left alive. Hundreds of years ago, vampires hunted them almost to extinction."

"Why would they do that?" Elena asked.

"To protect themselves." Rory said. "Although, mass murder, not a big fan."

"Legend has it that a werewolf bite is fatal to vampires." Vanessa told the group.

The group, once again sat in another silence, looking at one another.

Rory then called Stefan, wanting to talk to him. She pulled out her phone, and waited for him to pick up.

Stefan, who is still in Mystic Falls, just got done telling Caroline it was okay to talk to Matt when his phone rang. Expecting Elena, he frowned when he saw 'Aurora' come up on the screen.

"Hey."

"Hi Stef! Listen, we have learned a lot of stuff here. And I know you are probably really busy with Caroline, but I wanted to tell you what happened."

"What's up?"

Rory then spent the next couples minutes explaining to him everything that happened, also going into full detail about the garden that they had.

"What does that mean?" Stefan asked after she mentioned the fatality of a werewolf bite.

"I'm not sure, I don't know what it means, or if we should even believe it. But I still want you to stay safe. But, it is also a full moon, Stef. And after you saw, Mason Lockwood-"

"I'll be careful Rory, I promise."

"Please just make sure you don't hurt yourself, and make sure no one else gets hurt."

"Bye, Rory." He then hung up on her.

She sighed putting her phone back into her pocket, and tuning back into everyone else's conversation.

**✿❀○❀✿**

Meanwhile in Mystic Falls, Stefan allowed himself to freakout. He had officially lost Caroline. In no way was it that he didn't trust her, he didn't trust her newly acquired vampire instincts. That plus a human boyfriend are not a good match. He tried to call her, but to no avail, he got nothing.

Mason Lockwood found himself chaining himself up in the cellar of the old Lockwood estate. It was the full moon, and in no way in hell was he planning on hurting anyone. Every second that went by, the pain grew stronger and stronger. He had chains around his neck, waist, arms, legs, anything, to not let himself escape when his werewolf instincts take over. He then pulls out his water bottle, as well as another bottle with herbs.

Wolfsbane.

It has the same effect on werewolves as vervain would on vampires. He uses it to weaken himself during the transformation. He then stops, and his body stiffens when he sounds distinct chatter, not too far away.

Too close for his liking.

"It's a room buried underneath my family's old estate." Tyler says as he brings down poor innocent Amy, both oblivious to what is currently going on down there. "No one will know we're down here."

"Is everyone else coming?" Amy asked.

Tyler then stops right in front of her, "Yeah. Unless you rather I tell them not to."

"You're single right?" She questioned

"Oh, yeah." He responded with a smirk.

Amy sighed, "Let's go."

Tyler looked back at her before opening the door, and with a flashlight began to look around. The two then getting a little too comfortable with each other.

Mason was left running through the woods, half naked, carrying his chains, trying to find a place far enough away from other people. Finding his car, he sets all his stuff down, then quickly begins chaining himself to a nearby tree.

Groaning over in pain, he begins crying. More like wailing, but his bones begin breaking, one by one, starting his cycle. The pain becoming too unbearable, he tries to gets into his car, finishing the transformation. After a while, there is no longer a human Mason within.

Back over to Duke, Elena and Rory continue to rummage through the box of articles. Rory then smiles with nostalgia when she finds a picture of Katherine. She poked Elena on the shoulder, and Elena took it.

"Hey." She directed at Vanessa. "Have you done any research on doppelgängers?" Catching the attention of most people in the room.

"Well, the word means a lot of different things to different cultures. But typically, a doppelgänger  is a living, breathing double of oneself." As Vanessa continued to explain, Rory caught Damon staring at Elena.

"Did Isobel have anything that'd explain the link between me and Katherine?" Elena asked.

"That's all she had on Katherine, unfortunately." She said pointing the the box in front of them.

There was a moment of silence, everyone wondering what should be their next move.

"But, I can tell you that doppelgängers usually torment the people they look like, trying to undo their lives. It's not exactly uplifting." Vanessa explained.

Sounds like Katherine, Rory thought.

"And more things we already know." Elena said with an angry sigh. "Just- I want to know why she looks like me."

"Head-scratcher, isn't it?" Damon added in.

"Do you know something or are you just being yourself?" Elena angrily asked him.

"Well, 'if' I know anything, I'm not going to tell you, not with that attitude."

Rory smiled proudly at her brother.

Elena then turned to Rory, "Do you know anything?" 

Rory sat there like a deer caught in headlights, "Er- I, I don't think so. I only saw her once, this go around, and we didn't spend it talking about you." Rory told her.

Elena just rolled her eyes and looked back at Damon, walking too close to him for Rory's comfort. "That's good Damon. And this is coming from someone who wants to be my friend." She said accusingly. "But you know what? Friends don't manipulate friends. The help each other."

Rory say there, trying to piece two and two together, recalling she was quite literally the definition of manipulative not too long ago.

Elena then left, leaving Damon with a hurt look, and Vanessa watching Rory and Ric play pock paper scissors.

Rory then walked outside along with Alaric and Vanessa, talking.

"I trust you not to say anything about this to anyone." Ric said.

"Or else Damon will kill me in my sleep?" She sarcastically responded. "He gave me the 411. But if you need anything, you can call."

Rory was looking between the two, wondering if she was trying to flirt with him. She couldn't have that happen. She liked Ric with Jenna a whole lot more.

"Hopefully we won't have to." Rory said.

"But if you do..." She trailed off, then stopping. 

"Listen, you don't want to get caught up in this. Really. It'll take over. And it'll keep you from being able to live your life." Ric told her, with Rory nodding her head too quickly behind him.

"Isobel's disappearance... Was it related to her research?" Vanessa asked. Rory then pretended to cough, and then left the two, not wanting to be a part of that conversation. She walked over to a bench that was right near the grass. She sat there for around five minutes before Ric called her.

"Hey kiddo! Come on, let's get out of here." 

Rory got up and made their way over to the car. When they got up, Rory caught Elena and Damon in a position that if it were a stranger who caught them, they would have thought they were making out. The two just standing there.

"Awkward." Rory and Ric said under their breath at the same time, causing them to look at each other and high five.

**✿❀○❀✿**

Stefan was on the look for Caroline, wanting to get her to safety, away from any harm. He continued to look, and look. And then he finally found her, feeding on Matt Donovan. Stefan ran up to her, and pulled her off of him.

"Oh, my god." Caroline said in despair as she realized what had happened, and tried to get back to him.

"No, no, stop. Listen to me." Stefan told her, holding her back. "We need yo get out of these woods right now. We need to leave." As he said that, a growl erupted from somewhere in the woods.

"What was that?" Caroline asked in concern.

The two looked around to see if anything was near them.

"Matt, stay down. Do not move." Stefan ordered him, as Matt was lying on the ground, moaning in pain, with blood covering his neck and arms.

"You and me, we're gonna run. Okay?" Stefan told Caroline as they heard more animal like growling. "It's going to follow us. We need to get it away from Matt. So, you need to run as fast as you can. Do you understand me?" Caroline slowly nodded her head, a mixture of tears and sweat coating her face. "Go. Go!"

The two vampires then ran the quickest they could, weaving through the moonlight forest until Caroline stopped them.

"Wait, what is it!?" She asked frantically.

"It's a werewolf! It will try to kill us, and it can-" Stefan was about to continue speaking when someone else came up, confused as to why the hell they were there.

"Hey! What are you two doing?" Tyler Lockwood asked as he walked up to the two, causing them to quickly face him, in fear.

They stayed silent until Stefan spoke, "What are you doing?" He repeated back.

Tyler didn't even get a chance to answer, as the wolf jumped out of nowhere, pouncing on top of Caroline. Hearing her screams, both Stefan and Tyler quickly made their way over to her. Caroline laid on the ground, panting in fear, as the werewolf stayed on top, slobber dropping onto her face.

Stefan quickly ran over, using his strength, and pushed the creature off. The vampire and the werewolf had a stare off, both waiting for the other to make a move, until Tyler stepped in.

"No!" He screamed, which immediately made the werewolf halt, who then ran away.

The three teenagers left, were staring at each other. Tyler wondering what the fuck he just saw.

Later, once everyone was sure they were safe, Caroline made her way back to Matt. She made sure he was okay, and then looked him straight in the eyes.

"You are not going to remember what you saw today. Or what you saw me become." She compelled him.

"We were just making out in the woods." He said in a monotone voice.

"And then an animal attacked you, and bit your neck," The blonde vampire continued.

"It's weird. It just came out of nowhere." Matt responded again in the same flat tone.

Caroline then looked at him with sad eyes, disappointed in herself above all that she would do this. Hating herself of what she became, and what she had the ability to do. But she still did what was needed. She then walked away, towards Stefan.

"What are we going to do about Tyler?" She asked, trying to keep her voice calm, and stop the tears that will inevitably flow.

"I took care of it." Stefan told her. "I'll get Matt on vervain. It'll keep you from being able to compel him, but also keeps you from being able to drink his blood."

Caroline let out a fake laugh, "I can't believe I hurt him."

"I know." Stefan responded.

"He's the only person on this entire planet that I never wanted to hurt." She continued, as the hater for herself grew by the second.

"It's not going to get any easier." Stefan said, trying, but failing to console her, because it was the honest truth. "You're just going to have to work that much harder."

"I shouldn't be with him, should I?" She asked as a tear slipped down her cheek. "And if there's any danger..."

"I'm the last person to make that kind of decision for you. If I followed my own advice, I would have walked away from Elena a long time ago."

"You ever think you should of?" Caroline questioned him.

Stefan scoffed, "I know I should of. I just can't."

Caroline sadly nodded her head in understanding, trying to think of what she should do. Her night ending in a broken heart.

**✿❀○❀✿**

Once they finally arrived back in Mystic Falls, Ric first stopped by Elena's house, dropping her off. Before they even reached there, Rory wanted to go with, to say hi to Jenna, but by the time they got there, she had fallen asleep.

While she was sleeping, her head sitting against the cold window, Ric grew balls, and kissed Jenna.

Damon went outside with Elena, the two talking.

"I need to know the truth, Damon." She began. "Did you really know about the ring?"

Damon sighed, "No. No I didn't. Katherine really pissed me off. And I snapped. And... I got lucky with the ring." He told her honestly. "And I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't wearing it. Elena, I'm so sorry."

Elena nodded her head. "Thank you. For being honest with me. And the answer to your question about our friendship... is no. You'll have me forever." With that, Elena stood up on her tip toes.

And kissed Damon.

Completely forgetting she had a boyfriend, who was excited to see her the next day. Completely oblivious to the fact that Rory, had waken up, and was looking through the window that faced the Gilbert porch, with her eyes as wide as saucers, and her jaw hanging open.

Once Elena walked into the house, Alaric came out, wearing a smile that was found on Damon's face as well. As the two walked to the car, Rory scrambled to get back to her spot, and quickly pretended she was asleep again.

The rest of the drive was quiet until it stopped. She felt someone pick her up, and when she smelt the obnoxiously strong cologne, she knew that it was Damon. 

Once he carried her into the house, and she heard him close the door, her eyes shot open.

"What the hell?" She yelled at him.

Damon looked down at her, his turn to have wide eyes of surprise. "Wh- what are y- you talking about?"

"Don't bullshit me Damon, I saw what you did with Elena. That is going to break Stefan in half!" She yelled at him, unaware that Stefan was around the corner listening.

"I- I don't know what took over me, I just did it, and then she kissed me back, I-" before Damon could finish, Stefan stepped out from around the corner.

"SHE KISSED YOU BACK?!" He yelled, his voice full of raw emotion.

Both Damon and Rory turned to look at him in shock. 

"How could you do that to me?" His voice quivered, his eyes now full of hurt and betrayal from both his brother and girlfriend. "Go. Go! I don't want to see you right now." He told Damon, who quickly ran up the stairs.

Just then, Stefan buckled over, and began crying. Heart wrenching sobs escaping his mouth. The one thing he feared, happened. He lost the girl he loved. The worst part is, he still loved her even after doing that with his own brother.

Rory quickly ran up to Stefan, and pulled him into a hug. In which he returned, and began sobbing even harder into her shoulder, making it wet with tears.

"Stef, you deserve so much more. So much better than the both of them."

"I- It hurts s- so much R- Ror. I don- what did I- I do to de- deserve this?" He asked her, his words stuttering through his tears.

"Nothing, Stef. You did absolutely nothing to deserve it. Some things just happen for a reason."

For the next hour, the two siblings sat together, enjoying the other's company, trying to think of why things happen the way they do. Rory, trying to find some way to cheer him up, so she did what she does best.

she made him a flower crown.
And he smiled.

╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲╱╲❀╱╲

a/n:

episode 2x03

hello! how are you?

i am  actually getting very motivated with these, and i really enjoy them, which is good. i am hoping to get to the really good stuff as soon as i can.

lmao i made damon and elena kiss

i did that for two reasons
1. it is going to play a bigger part later on
2. it just adds more drama lol

also, do any of you have any interest in me putting the word count? i see other people do it, but i don't know if anyone actually cares.

i hope you all have a great day!

╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱╲╱❀╲╱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 9.1K 55
๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ. [๐˜ฌ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค] [๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ข๐˜ณ...
1.5K 54 5
'๐‹๐ž๐š๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐š ๐ฉ๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐œ๐š๐ซ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฌ๐๐จ๐ฆ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ, ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ช๐ฎ๐ž ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž, ๐ฆ๐ฒ...
739K 9K 36
Includes: Damon Salvatore Stefan Salvatore Klaus Mikaelson Elijah Mikaelson Kai Parker *Requests Closed*