Love and Despair (A Hermitcra...

By JustAnAverageFreak

Evil Xisuma is released from The Void after being banished into the black abyss two years before. Now he's ba... More

Welcome Peoples
Important Information
The Characters
Chapter 1: Always
Chapter 2: And Forever
Chapter 3: HOW?
Chapter 4: Oh no...
Chapter 5: Confused
Chapter 6: It's Safer This Way
Chapter 7: The Story
Chapter 8: A Chase
Chapter 9: Why?
Chapter 10: Visitors
Chapter 11: Halo Steak House
Chapter 12: Together
Chapter 13: Wizardly Books
Chapter 14: Super Smash Bros
Chapter 15: Use My Voice
Chapter 16: Babysitter Troubles
Chapter 17: Unknown Users
Chapter 18: The Dream
Chapter 19: Snap
Chapter 20: Shut Up And Fight Me
Chapter 21: Teamwork
Chapter 22: What Did I Do?
Chapter 23: Another's Dream
Chapter 24: Planning And Promises
Chapter 25: Rescue Mission
Chapter 26: Battle of The Brothers 2.0
NEW COVER!
Chapter 27: Hopeful
Chapter 28: Marching On
Chapter 29: The Final Fight
Chapter 30: Checkerboard
Chapter 31: I'm Tired
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Forever and Always

Chapter 29: Glitch

832 40 36
By JustAnAverageFreak

I'm really tired TwT

Also, I redrew False because I wasn't happy with the other one. I did this awhile ago but I forgot to put it in a chapter :P

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1.6 K

~~

TW: Fighting, blood

~~

POV: Doc

~~

My footsteps echoed through the empty halls as I crept towards the Rune. My heart was hammering against my chest but I ignored it. Each of my hands gripped tightly to the hilts of my netherite swords, and armor hung from my body. I was ready for, itching for, a fight. 

Another intersection was up ahead, so I slid to the side, pressing my back to the wall as not to be snuck up on as I put one sword in it's sheath on my hip for easier access. I pulled my map out, making sure I was on the right path and where I was supposed to go next.

After I figured it out, I returned the map to my inventory and the sword to my hand, beginning to make my way to my destination. 

I knew I was close, just one or two more hallways to go, and that thought  made my nerves to go haywire. My body was shaking to the point where I was scared I wouldn't be able to hold onto my swords. I continued on, trying to calm myself down and get my brain to focus on the task at hand. 

Slowly, I made it to a corner, so I pressed my back to the wall, peeking my organic eye from around the corner. It was a weird sight to see the doors in the next corridor, as most of the others were hidden from our sights. Why this hall was different, I had no idea.

plooott reeaasooonsss~

Just as the prison cell had been, the door to the Rune was guarded by two Watchers. Both of them were standing, back straight, holding the hilt of a sword with the point down, resting on the floor. They didn't move a muscle, continuing to stare at the wall in front of them. I pulled back, hiding behind the wall again. As I forcefully calmed my ragged breathing, I thought of a plan. 

I knew I was too far away to use my melee weapons, so I slid the swords into the sheathes on my hips. I pulled a bow out of my inventory, along with 16 arrows which I placed in a quiver I had strapped on my back. A lone arrow was pinched between my fingers as I nocked it on the bowstring. The bow and arrow was pointed down at the floor in front of my, my back was pressed as far back against the wall as physically possible. In one swift motion, I stepped out from my cover, spun around, raised the bow, pulled back the string, aimed, and let go.

Before the creatures had the chance to react, my arrow lodged itself in the arm of the closest one. Nocking another arrow, I rolled out of the way of an oncoming shot of magic, barely avoiding getting my face blasted off. Another arrow flew from my weapon, hitting the same Watcher in the thigh. They fell to their knee, screeching in pain. 

I didn't have the chance to do anything else as the second Watcher grabbed my entire body with his evil magic. Panic flooded my veins, knowing I was trapped. Watcher 2, still holding his hand up, palm out towards me, walked to help his friend. As he was turned away from me, I let off a small explosion. It barely dented the walls and floor, but it shocked the Watchers, and they lost their hold on me long enough for me to get out. 

Using their shock to my advantage, I chucked an instant harming splash potion at the injured creature. The dark red liquid drenched the Watcher, seeping through their clothes, into their skin. They screamed in pain, falling back as the potion quickly worked its way through their body, and I knew it did its job when the creature disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Watcher 2 shot at me but I continued to jump out of the way. The magic skimmed my thigh, leaving an indented, black burn across the side of my leg. I stumbled, but I somehow stayed on my feet. Ignoring the blazing pain shooting through my thigh, I continued to dodge the magic.

As I evaded the oncoming magic, I gradually got closer, each time sliding forwards as I dodged the Watcher's attacks. They were running on pure emotion, causing their magic to be erratic and irregular, and I knew uncontrolled magic like this is way more dangerous. 

However, despite their many, many, many attempts, I somehow managed to survive and get close enough to the Watcher to use a sword. 

Rolling out of the way of another blast, I pulled the sword from its sheath, slicing upwards, catching the side of their forearm. The blade dug in, getting stuck on bone, so I let go of the grip, drawing the second sword out, standing up as the Watcher stumbled, panicking from the weapon lodged in their arm. While they were distracted with pulling the sword out, I attacked, swinging my arm down, letting gravity and momentum drag the point down across their chest. Blood seeped through the cut, soaking their cloak. 

The Watcher fell back, panic clouding their logic and senses as they tripped. With a grunt, they landed on their back. The sword stuck in their arm had fallen out, so I picked it up. Turning my head the other way, I drove the blade through their chest, and I felt it give way as the body dissipated. 

As not to waste another second, I ran to the door they had been guarding. The tall, metal door surprisingly opened when I twisted the handle.

I stepped through the door, taking in the sight. Tall bookshelves loomed over my 6'9 frame on each wall, dusty books filling their shelves. A black chandelier with purple flames flickering on the candles hung from the ceiling, casting an ominous, flickering light around the dark room. A purplish gray rug covered the center of the obsidian floor, with a lectern sitting in the direct middle of it.

A book sat atop it, glowing. It was open, but there was nothing written or drawn on the pages.

A shiver ran down my spine as I shut the door behind me and stepped forwards slowly. I didn't even realize I was reaching to touch the magic book until it zapped. Sparks and flickers resembling electricity shot off it, connecting with my robotic hand, hissing when it came in contact with the cold metal. 

I froze when the electrical magic made contact with my arm. The metal limb tensed and contracted as a normal arm would do when electric signals are sent through the muscles. However, the false arm not only contracted and spasmed, it glitched.

It resembled that of a glitch in a video game, with sections flicker to the side, purple lines quivering through it. 

My robotic arm glitched.

What the f***?

After only a few seconds of the glitches and spasms, my arm returned to normal. I wiggled my fingers and wrist around to make sure I still had control over it, and when I was assured nothing was damaged, I stepped back, receding to the corner of the room.

Still startle by what just happened, I couldn't get myself to calm down, so instead I just leaned against the bookshelf beside the door, swords gripped in my fists. 

I pressed my back to the shelf, as to keep myself from being seen if anyone were to come in. The way the door swung open, it would hide me from sight for a couple seconds, giving me the element of surprise.

Watching the book for the magic the recede, I let my muscles relax.

Now all that was left to do was wait.

And get ready to run like h***.

~~

Short chapter for yall!

This book is coming to a close TwT

BUT I have another book planned after this one that I am SUPER excited about!

AND I have decided that I will not be adding Xiyiva! 

Not only did all yall say no, I didn't really wanna have to change the plot because I like the original plot I had planned better :P

I never really wanted to add him and change the book, and it was more or less me not wanting this book to be different from my others. 

I love the idea of them being triplets, and so a lot of my oneshots and stories Imma make from now on will have them as triplets, even if the two others aren't ever mentioned or a part of it. 

Because of that, I didn't want that to be different in this book. I like things to be consistent and it bothered me at first that this story wouldn't be the same as the others.

HOWEVER I realize that if I want to continue making stories, Imma have to get over that attitude or my books will be very boring. It doesn't bother me as bad anymore now that I have fully though through the last few chapters of this book and realized it will be so much better if I left him out. And my future stories will be better because they won't be basically a copy and paste of this one.

The book I'm planning next will be A LOT different from this one (I hope xD) and hopefully better than this one. 

I'm working on planning it out and creating an actual plot before I start writing it so there hopefully won't be as many plot holes and unfinished conflicts like in this one.

Ex and Ax will be mentioned in it, but they will be no more than side characters mentioned once or twice, maybe in one or two chapters but never the main focus.

I'm super duper pooper excited for it and I hope it will come out as awesome as it sounds!

This book is on its last chapters, with only three or four more chapters, give or take. I'm hoping I can finish this book with a bang and not a splat, but we'll see :P

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1.5K 28
The admins and The Watchers have been fighting a creature called "Error" for a while. Once again Error has been defeated temporarily. A young Watcher...
20K 792 16
grian felt himself begin to fall into the abyss, his hand wrapping around his chest as his wings flew up; he was falling... ♡ hermitcraft is a place...
10.3K 507 19
Grian has been taken from his friends in Evo by the Watchers and now he's being trained to be one, until he finds out their true intention. {This is...
31.3K 1.4K 29
~~~~~~~ Xisuma was an admin appointed by the Watchers. He is stuck under their control, and he hates every second of it. He's forced to let the watch...