Raven (Fred x oc)

By belle_kafer

My name is Valerie Black and Sirius Black is my father, but I don't remember him. You see, he was taken away... More

1. Brains, Charm, Fire, and Mischeif
2. Escaped
3. The Black Name
4. Again
5. Family Relations
6. Newspapers and Boggarts
7. Ramifications and Voices
8. Cat and Mouse
9. Hogsmeade
10. Torn and Mended
11. Pre-Game Traditions
12. Badgers and Lions
13. Accusations
14. Christmas
15. Arguments
16. Eagles and Lions
17. Tall Tales
18. Nerves
19. Lions and Snakes
20. End of Term and All that it Entails
21. Rats!
22. Schoolboy Grudge
23. Truth and Justice
24. Explosion
25. Turning Time
26. The Conclusion
27. Explinations
28. Loose Ends
29. Resettling
30. Ton-Tongue Toffee
31. The Mystery of the Lack of a Quidditch Captain
32. Reconnecting
33. The Sensitive Nature of Money
34. The Quidditch World Cup
35. Death Eaters
37. Back Again
38. N.E.W.T. Classes
39. Something Not Right
40. Raven
41. Une Surprise
42. Happy Birthday
43. The First Task
44. The Yule Ball
45. The Ring
46. Changes for the Purpler
47. Psychometry
48. Spiritual Mediumship
49. The Third and Final Task Preparations
50. Force Field Generation
51. A Little Dose of Fear
52. Spirits
53. Trauma
54. Summer Pains
55. Grimmaud Place
Sequel
56. Potter Temper
57. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
58. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Remembered
59. Bewitched
60. Disillusion
61. Fears
62. Back Again
63. The Story of that Night
64. Umbi- Oop, I Can't Say That
65. Emotions and Quidditch
66. Toxic Masculinity
67. Rough on the Pitch
68. Loss of Quidditch, Loss of Safety
69. Gain
70. Lions and Serpents
71. Animosity
72. Guilt
73. Chocolate Oatmeal Biscuits
74. Escaped
75. Chiaroscuro
76. Soon to be Parted
77. Until We Meet Again, Luv
78. Lions and Eagles
79. Foreboding
80. Loss
81. Connections and What's to Come
82. Summer Break
83. Mid-Summer
84. A Moment You'll Never Forget
85. Back Again, Grown-Up Addition
86. The Dragon Falls Further and Further Away
87. The Dragon Steps to the Path of Fire
88. The Dragon Takes His Firsts Steps on the Fire
89. Lions and Snakes
90. The Sickly Dragon
91. Navidad
92. Badgers and Lions
93. The Dragon's River of Blood
94. The Raven's Dreams
95. Moonlight, Dark Curly Hair, Fangs, Blood, and the Figure
96. The End of a Book That Took a Hundred-Fifteen Years to Write
A/N
97. Too Much Potter
98. Forgetting
New Story!
99. Black-Wealsey
100. Second Wedding
101. Calm Before the Storm
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
102. Bondage
103. Frozen
104. Stories, Snatchers, and Mushrooms
105. Crucio
106. Plot-Twist
107. The Dragon Living in Fear
108. Andromeda Tonks
109. Home
110. The Dragon Calls to the Dragoness
111. An Escape
112. Pain
113. Shock and Delight
114. Orphaned
115. Hope
Epilogue
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

36. He's Coming

5K 132 11
By belle_kafer

"Val," Harry said softly, crouching down next to me. "We're heading back to the tent." I nodded, getting up with his help.

"Fred," I breathed, running to him the moment I saw him inside the tent.

"Merlin, are you okay?" Fred asked, burying his head in my hair as I clung to him.

"Y-Yeah, are you?" I asked.

"I'm fine," he assured. I shifted, burying my head in his chest as I tried to calm down.

"Did you get them, Dad?" Bill asked sharply. "The person who cast the mark?"

"No," Mr. Weasley replied. "We found Barty Crouch's elf holding Harry's wand, but we're none the wiser about who actually conjured the mark."

"What?" Bill, Charlie, and Percy exclaimed.

"Harry's wand?" Fred repeated from above my head.

"Mr. Crouch's elf?" Percy exclaimed. Mr. Weasley explained everything that happened. Percy began raving again about Mr. Crouch, but it gave me a headache so I waited until someone else started talking.

"She didn't run amok!" Hermione retorted indignantly. "She just picked it up off the ground!"

"Look, can someone just explain what the skull thing was?" Ron asked impatiently. "It wasn't hurting anyone. Why's it such a big deal?"

"I told you, it's You-Know-Who's symbol, Ron," Hermione replied. "I read about it in the Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts."

"And it hasn't been seen for thirteen years," Mr. Weasley added. "Of course people panicked, it was almost like seeing You-Know-Who back again."

"H-He's coming back," I whispered, getting everyone's attention as I shook in Fred's arms. "He's coming back. Dad and Remus were right, he never truly died."

"That's not what that means, Valerie," Mr. Weasley countered.

"He always said he'd come back," I said quietly, but only Fred could hear it. Pulling away from Fred, I explained, "The reason it matters, Ron, is because whenever the Death Eaters killed, that mark would hang over the house where they died. The mark itself may not be scary. But it is terrifying because of what it means. That mark means death, Ron, and in this case, it means that he's coming back."

"What're Death Eaters?" Harry asked. "You said that word earlier too. What does it mean?"

"Supporters of Voldemort," I explained, causing everyone but Harry to flinch. "I need to send a letter to Remus, he'll be worried once he hears what happened." I left the tent and went to the girl's tent. Sitting down, I began writing two identical letters, aside from the name.

Dear Dad/Remus,
    I'm sure by now you've heard what happened at the Quidditch World Cup. In case you haven't, Death Eaters went out and wrecked havoc before someone else sent up the Dark Mark. I just wanted to write and tell you that I'm okay. I miss you and I love you.
Love,
Raven/Val

P.S. Harry's fine too and so are all the Weasleys and Hermione.

Folding the letters, I got up and went outside. It looked almost like a battlefield with burnt tents everywhere. Shaking, I wandered around, trying to find an owl I could ask to borrow. By chance, I saw Oliver. "Oliver!" I shouted.

"Valerie," he replied, rushing over to me. "Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," I replied. "Are you?"

"I'm fine," he assured. "What's wrong? Why are you out here?"

"Do you have an owl I can borrow?" I asked. "I need to send a letter to someone."

"Yeah," he replied. "Give me one sec." He went inside the tent and soon returned with a barn owl. I tried to tie the letters to the owl, but my hands shook so badly Oliver had to do it for me.

Once the owl was gone, I said, "Thank you, Ollie. I should get some sleep."

"Okay," he replied. "I'll see you around, then." I went back to the tents, flicking my wand at the fire pit to start up a fire again. I sat down by it, staring into the young flames. I was only just getting to be calm when Mr. Weasley left the tent.

"Did you get some sleep?" Mr. Weasley asked. I shook my head, my eyes never leaving the fire. "Well, we need to get going. I'm about to wake the other girls. The boys are up." I didn't respond so he moved into the other tent. Next I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch away. Turning, I saw it was just Fred.

"Sorry," I muttered, getting to my feet. "I'm a little on edge." Soon we were heading for the portkeys and managed to get back to the hill we walked to before just before the sun rose. I held Fred's hand as we walked, leaning against him. About an hour later, we arrived at the Burrow.

"Oh thank goodness, thank goodness!" Mrs. Weasley cried, rushing towards us. "Arthur I've been worried, so worried!" She instantly wrapped her arms around him, dropping the Daily Prophet from her hand. "You're all right, you're all right. Oh boys." She instantly moved from her husband to Fred and George.

"Ouch, Mum, you're strangling us," George protested.

"I shouted at you before I left," she cried, beginning to sob. "It's all I've been thinking about! What if You-Know-Who had got you, and the last thing I ever said was that you didn't get enough O.W.L.s? Oh Fred...George." To my shock, she turned to me, exclaiming, "Oh, Valerie. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean what I said. Being related to Black doesn't make you a bad person. I'm so sorry."

Glancing at the others awkwardly, I said, "I-It's okay, Mrs. Weasley. I'm fine, we're all fine." Mr. Weasley pried her off of me and began to lead her to the house as I picked up the paper. Scanning over it, I scoffed, handing it to Mr. Weasley, saying, "Look at this, Mr. Weasley. Rita Skeeter is spewing rubbish again." After handing off the paper, I went upstairs to Ginny's room. A little bit later Harry came into the room.

"You want to play Quidditch?" he asked. "Me, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny were going to play."

"Yeah," I agreed, getting up and grabbing my Firebolt. "I'll play."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 47K 53
Discontinued "How does it feel to be the daughter of such an influential celebrity?" "Influential? The man practically only came...
71.9K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...
158K 5.2K 43
Alia Black was a simple girl. Quite beautiful really, and definitely radiant for thirty four. But not many people knew that she was happily married a...
2.8K 54 13
-a story about Y/N Lupin-Black y/n is the daughter to Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. she used to live with both her fathers, until she was 2 years old...