Holding Me Back

By kunikida_dp

Although there are many teasings and comments about both lovelines, there is a couple among those two lovelin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
News.
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
End.

Chapter 30

779 24 0
By kunikida_dp

Somin's POV

As we reached Seven Karaoke, the karaoke near my house, I hooray-ed silently. My love for karaoke is out of this world. Sad? Go to the karaoke. Happy? Go to the karaoke. Annoyed? Go to the karaoke. Stressed? Go to the karaoke. Simple as that. The three of us stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance.

Both Donghae and Eunhyuk had their masks on. Oh, the life of a celebrity. I envied once again. We booked a room at the end. "You've been here alot of times?" Donghae asked as we walked towards the room. I nodded. "Too many times, I think. It's really near my house so I practically go here atleast twice a week," I answered. "Twice a week? What are you on? Are you sad?" Eunhyuk teased me as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be a jerk, it's a hobby," I snickered and cursed him. Donghae laughed at the both of us while Eunhyuk kept on raising his eyebrows up and down to tease me even more. We went in the spacious room, enough for atleast 5 people. "Now, let's see. Who shall we start with?" Eunhyuk asked with a playful tone and arched an eyebrow at me.

Jongkook's POV

I was in dilemma. Should I go to the karaoke and see? Or am I being too nosy? I bit my lip in frustration as the thoughts of Somin and Donghae together clouded my mind. Are they alone or is there another person? Questions kept on popping on my mind. I scoffed in disbelief. The fact that she didn't tell me about the 'hang out' with Donghae was saddening. Was she worried I might get angry or annoyed?

The thing is I wouldn't. A hang out is a hang out. Unless the man seeks out more than that. I groaned. "Whatever," I took my car keys and rushed out of my house.

Narrator's POV

On the other hand, Somin was singing enthusiastically and passionately. Donghae and Eunhyuk laughed out loud at her passion. She was singing "Like It" by Yoon Jongshin. She was getting into her emotions but the two men distracted her. She glared at them. "Stop laughing, I'm trying to feel the song," Somin stopped singing to scold them but it made the both of them laugh even harder.

Somin rolled her eyes and went back to singing her lines. It was a duet song so Donghae intuitively grabbed the other mic and sang his lines. Somin looked at him and nodded as she sang, approving of his amazing voice. Without the both of them knowing, Eunhyuk was smiling sheepishly at their interaction. "I should leave them sooner or later," He thought to himself.

Both of them finished the song quickly. Somin decided to let Eunhyuk sing this time. He gladly took it. "Donghae-ssi, shall we sing a song together then?" Eunhyuk jokingly asked him. "It would be my pleasure, Eunhyuk-ssi," Donghae went along and even bowed. Somin shooked her head at the both of them but adored their friendship.

As they sang "Today More Than Yesterday", Somin had the urge to go to the bathroom and excused herself. Without her knowing, Eunhyuk stopped singing suddenly. Donghae was puzzled. "What?" He asked. "I'll leave you two alone. It's a good chance now," Eunhyuk explained. "Suddenly?" Donghae questioned, feeling slightly nervous.

"My friend, you may be weird but you have the charms so go get her," He patted Donghae's shoulder before standing up. "Have fun," He winked at Donghae and left quickly, leaving Donghae stiff and awkward in the empty room. As Somin washed her hands, she thought of Jongkook. She felt guilty and she didn't know why.

"Should I have told him?" She thought to herself and sighed. As she checked her phone after awhile, her eyes widened. There were text messages from Jongkook. Somin then called him, in case he was worried that she wasn't replying him.

Somin's POV

"Hello?" I greeted. "Hm," Jongkook oppa answered half-heartedly. "What's with that tone?" I pointed out as I fixed my bangs. "I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself?" He answered back with a harsh tone. "What do you mean?" I was confused as to why he sound annoyed. "Is it because I didn't answer your messages? I know. I'm sorry. I was busy," I answered.

"Busy doing what? Flirting?" Jongkook oppa accused. "What?" I scoffed in disbelief. "Did you just say, flirting? What is wrong with you?" I argued. "No. What is wrong with YOU?" He emphasized the 'you'. I laughed sarcastically. "What the hell did I do?" I bickered back. "I don't know. Maybe, you are out with your secret admirer without telling your own goddamn boyfriend," I don't know why but I felt his jaw clenching.

"First of all, how many times do I have to tell you he doesn't like me like that? Secondly, do I have to tell you about everything? Thirdly, we aren't alone together. Eunhyuk is here too!" I stubbornly exclaimed, feeling wronged. "Oh yeah, how great! Another man with you. Do you feel happy?" He childishly asked.

I gulped down my frustration and took a deep breath. "You accusing me is going to do nothing. We are just hanging out, for godsake. What is your problem?" I held my pride and looked around the bathroom, relieved that no one was in there. "My problem is that you don't trust me enough to tell me you are hanging out with that guy," He answered.

"Look, oppa. I wanted to tell you about it but I thought that I didn't need to," I truthfully explained. "An excuse is the only thing you can give right now, huh? Whatever, Somin. I'm hanging up," He ended the call before I could even say a word.

My eyebrows furrowed. Talking through calls is going to do nothing. I had to meet him to explain properly. Misunderstanding can be so dangerous in relationships and I don't want to risk it. I don't want to lose him.

Jongkook's POV

I was surprised that i could still talk and drive at the same time. Without myself realising, I arrived at the karaoke. I sighed and thought of going back but then, I still waited. Just in case, she is done with her 'hang out'.

Narrator's POV

Somin went in the karaoke room to see Donghae all alone. "Where is Eunhyuk?" She asked. "He left," He smiled awkwardly. "Look. Um, I have to get going too. We can hang out next time too if you and I are free. Sorry and goodbye," She bowed to him in a rush and left the room. It left Donghae flabbergasted so he quickly got up too. He saw her walking fast to exit so he chased her.

As Somin left the karaoke, she wanted to halt a taxi until a hand grabbed her arm, turning her around. "Why are you leaving?" Donghae asked her. "Oh, Donghae. I have something urgent to do. Someone texted to me about it," She gave a small smile and bowed slightly once more to apologise. "Is it that urgent? For you to leave suddenly?" He eagerly questioned her.

Somin was rather confused at his questions. "I mean, yeah. Why wouldn't I leave if something urgent comes up?" She uncomfortably asked. "Because I don't want you to leave," He said. "What?"

Donghae gazed into her eyes and took a step closer to her. Somin's eyebrows frowned. "How can a person want someone they like to leave?" He softly asked as he tucked her hair behind her ears swiftly. She flinched slightly.

"I knew this was going to happen, anyways. But here I am, surprised," A voice came from behind Somin. Somin's eyes widened as she saw Jongkook. "Oppa," She called out to him and walked towards him. He took a step back, indicating he doesn't want anyone to get close. "Oppa?" Her eyes saddened as she saw him chuckling sarcastically.

"Was it fun?" Jongkook questioned, looking back and forth Somin and Donghae. "You told me Eunhyuk was here. Where the hell is he then?" He asked once again. "He left," She softly answered. "Bullshit," He cursed under his breath. Donghae then interrupted the tension. "Sorry, sunbaenim. I know that we've never interacted before but may I ask why are you being like this?" Donghae tried his best to sound polite as he didn't want to offend a nice guy who can turn into a monster if offended.

Jongkook tugged a bitter smile. "What a hero, huh?" Jongkook asked Somin purposely. "Don't be like this, oppa," She pleaded, not wanting to cause a scene in the public. "Tell him, Somin. Why am I being like this?" His adam's apple bobbed up and down, showing he was angry.

Somin glared at him, hating this side of him. She looked at Donghae. "He's...my boyfriend," She answered, hesitating to see Donghae's reaction. "Oh," He let out only a word after a few seconds. "I'm sorry," He rubbed the back of his nape and bowed to the couple as an apology.

"It's okay," Somin sighed. "I'll get going now?" Donghae quickly exit the awkward atmosphere. As he left, Somin turned her attention onto Jongkook. "What the hell?" She stated. Jongkook chuckled humorlessly once again. He strode towards his car as Somin followed him.

He got into the car and started the engine until Somin went into his car too. "Did I offer to give you a ride or am I just forgetful?" Jongkook looked into her eyes with a glare. "Don't be like this, okay?" She comforted him. "Don't be like what? I don't even know what I'm feeling. He obviously confessed to you and I even saw the whole situation. The man even tucked your hair. Did you like it?"

"Stop asking me if I like it or not. I literally flinched! He did it so quickly, how was I suppose to back away so fast?" She argued. "I don't know. You could've slapped him after that," He suggested in a sarcastic manner. "Enough of this," She sighed.

After a few seconds, Jongkook voiced out. "Why didn't you just tell me?" Somin looked at him. "I told you already. I didn't feel like I need to. It's just a hang out, after all," She stated truthfully. "Not now, huh? He likes you. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe, accept him," She teased him. Jongkook scoffed. "Are you breaking up with me?" He jokingly asked. Somin giggled. As they sat in the car for awhile, Somin apologised. "For what?" Jongkook asked. "For not telling you," She fiddled with her hands.

He glanced at her hands and held it. She looked up to him, meeting his eyes. "I trust you, alright? You just need to tell me. Not that it's a must to tell me every person you are going to hang out with but you know, for certain people who I think, likes you," He stated. A smile formed on her face.

"Since when are you protective?" She let go of her hands and leaned forward. Somin cupped his face and gently kissed him. With a sigh, Jongkook held onto her waist as he moved their lips in sync. He could only focused on how soft her lips were and how she made him feel things he hadn't felt before.

Jongkook placed his left hand on her thigh as his right hand held the back of her nape, making her lean closer to him. It left no space between them and Somin hummed as she felt Jongkook's thumb caressing her thigh gently, making her feel all tingly.

It was as if no one else existed and they were in a closed shelter. Yet, they were still near the karaoke and at the carpark. After the long intimate kiss, Somin pulled away and glanced at him as she laughed. "What?" He asked. "Your lips are swollen," She answered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 12
Kang Gary is Shin Mira's boyfriend Kim Jong Kook is Song Jihyo's boyfriend But the two couples broke up.... So what's their fate???
3.3K 64 12
Spartace is at it again. This story is a combination of real life events that occurred in 2020 and my fiction. Disclaimer: This fanfiction was meant...
13.2K 237 41
Wherein the hyung line fell in love with their maknaes. How did the couples fell for each other? Main Ships: Heeki Sungwon Sunjayke Side Ships: TXT s...
77.1K 2.2K 53
The path they had taken lead them away from each other, making them forget their beautiful past that had somehow ended up with pain and had changed t...