For as Sick as it May Seem

By timebomber666

Growing up, Corianne Stanley knew Christopher Cerulli as her next door neighboor and the older brother of the... More

1 - I Saw Your Eyes
2 - The Urge is Getting Stronger
3 - Unstoppable
4 - Stung by the Wasp
5 - My Heart is a Timebomb
6 - I Will Break You Carefully
7 - The Distance Kills Me
8 - Lust Verses Love
9 - Until Your Heart Caves In
10 - Love is Like Fire (Trigger Warning)
11 - You are All That I Have Left
12 - Black
13 - The Pain We Love
14 - Goodbye
15 - You Could Never Understand Me
17 - Undress Your Body (Explicit Content)
18 - This Place That I Call Home
19 - Santa's Pissed
20 - I Don't Know Where Home is Anymore
21 - Push Passed Everything
22 - They Will Surely Take You Away From Me
23 - This is a Love Song
24 - I Know Our Future
25 - Don't Say Goodbye
26 - Forever and Always
Behind The Scenes
Alternate Endings
I'll make you a deal...
New Story!

16 - We'll Sing Forever

532 29 4
By timebomber666

The next day, Cory woke up ready to start the day. Because she was temporarily not in school for the time being, she was able to sleep in, so she felt energized. She showered and took her time doing her hair and makeup. Cory put on a simple black tank and jeans with her black converse and a black leather jacket.

Cory walked into the kitchen and made sure Wednesday had enough food and water in her bowls. Cory then made sure she had everything she needed in her purse, then headed out.

x

It was a small music store, but it was also so perfect. It smelled of the wood of acoustic guitars and cleaner polish. A Beatles song fainly played through some speakers somewhere, and Cory could vaguely hear someone giving a piano lesson in the other room. This would be a good place to get a new guitar...

x

Cory approached the café eagerly. She gripped her guitar case beside her with her new acoustic guitar in it. Someone opened the door for her as they walked out and Cory stepped in, quickly thanking them.

It was a nice place. The smell of coffee and sweets greeted her as soon as she walked in. There was a sofa, lounge chairs, your tipical restaurant chairs with tables in between them. Cory certainly stood out with the whole 'family style' vibe this place had, but this was the only place near by that had an open mic every day.

Cory ordered a blueberry muffin and a coffee, then took a seat. She munched on her muffin as she watched someone approach the mic. Cory decided she liked this place. It was a good distraction from the real world.

After the first person finished, the café applauded and the performer stepped down. Cory looked around and didn't see anyone else going up. She decided now would be a good time. She took one last sip of her coffee, then gripped her guitar case and stood.

Cory went up to the mic, and gently took her new black acoustic guitar out of it's case. She wrapped the strap around herself and sat on the stool before finally speaking into the microphone.

"Hey, everyone." She greets, "My name's Cory; I'm a little new here so I would like to apologize in advance if I suck." She starts, getting a few people in the café to laugh.

"Anyway. Some of you may know this song; I used to sing it to my little brother when he coudln't sleep at night. Unfortunatley my brother passed away not too long ago, so I don't get to sing it very often anymore; so I thought I'd share it with you all."

At the mention of Cole's passing, Cory had the attention of many people in the cafe. Cory took a breath, then started playing the familiar song. Everyone already seemed to be tuned in and she hadn't even begun singing yet. Cory took another breath, then began. (A/N: This song is 'Be Good Until Then' by Butch Walker.)

Always know the road you're riding on

Always know the words

To you're baby's song

Try to make the most of Friday nights

When they come...

Maybe turn a stranger to a friend

Never break a heart that's on the mend

Never let the romance ever end

Like I've done...

Literally everyone in the cafe was looking at Cory. Even the employees. It seemed as if the world had stopped spinning and gone silent for a minute, just so it could listen to Cory sing.

Never judge a color of a skin

Never judge a person by their kin

Never follow leaders that begin

Behind someone...

Always help your mom across the street

Always wash your hands when you wanna eat

But always keep 'em dirty enough to see

Where you came from...

Cory tried not to tear up, thinking of Cole

And it's okay to cry...

If you feel it coming on

It'll let you're human in the end...

All these things will mean more

When I'm gone...

Just be good until then

Ironic. Now, it seemed that all of those things now meant more to Cory now that Cole was gone. She wished Chris were here too...

Try to see the best inside the bad

No matter how many drinks you've had

Never make a promise you'll regret

Come sunrise...

Try to rarely ever oversleep

Alwyas try to keep your ego at your feet

And maybe try to practice what you preach

Once in a while...

It's okay to cry...

If you feel it coming on

It'll let you know you're human in the end...

All these things will mean more

When I'm gone...

Just be good until then

Cory swallowed the lump in her throat before she continued on.

Everybody loves a hero

Not so much when they fall short so

Try to keep your cape on underneath...

And you don't have to try to hard

To be the best, just know you are

And that's all that'll matter to me...

And it's okay to cry...

If you feel it coming on

It'll let you know you're human in the end...

All these things will mean more

When I'm gone...

Just be good until then

After playing a bit more, Cory finished and the cafe applauded. Some people even tossed some money into her guitar case. Cory smiles.

"Thanks, you guys." She says into the mic. She decided she liked this.

x

Cory walked into Hot Topic about hour later.

"Hey, Mandy."

"'Sup, Cory?" Mandy greets, "Sooo, how was singing at the cafe?"

"Great! They had awesome coffee and mufffins and everyone really seemed to like me; I even made some money out of it."

"Awesome! Are you going back?"

"Hell yeah I'm going back. You know, it was my first time singing in front of a lot of people, but it was really, really fun."

"Good. I think that all this will be good for you."

"I do too."

"So. Chris will be home in a couple weeks. You excited?"

"Am I ever. I've missed him so much. I really want to move forward with him when he gets home."

"Oooh la la, I know what that means!" Mandy sings.

"I didn't mean - shut up!" Cory says.

x

"So what are you doing now?" Chris asks through the other line of the phone.

"I'm walking home from work. It's been a long day. I'm pretty tired."

"Did you go sing?"

"Yeah! It was really great and the café has the best blueberry muffins I've ever eaten."

"Good, I'm glad you're doing okay. I can't wait to see you."

"Only two more weeks."

"I know. I miss you."

"I miss you too, honey."

There's a pause.

"I love you." Chris says, suddenly.

Cory's heart nearly burst out of her chest and her eyes widened.

"I wanted to wait until I could see you in person to tell you that, but I think I would have exploded if I kept it in any longer." Chris continues with a laugh.

Cory smiles ear to ear, "I love you too, Chris." She says, "I've gotta get going, but call me when you can, okay?"

"Of course, babe. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." Cory says, smiling before hanging up. She does a goofy little happy dance and squeals with delight before dialing her phone once agian.

"Hey, Mandy?...Oh my God you are going to die when I tell you this."

A/N: Admit it. When your girlfriend/boyfriend/person-you're-dating-who-doesn't-fit-into-either-of-those-categories told you they loved you for the first time, you got all butterflies in the stomach and happy and told your best friend right away or the day after or whatever...Or that's what I would do, anyway. Her reaction is about what I did when my first boyfriend told me he loved me, haha.

Sooo I found out a few days ago that Chris and Sabrina are no longer together :( now I know it's none of my business but I am in the process of planning a sequel to a certain story that she is a character in *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* so when I found out about it my first thought was "Oh God damn it" haha. I hope they're alright though and find other people soon.

Chapter Title From: Destroy Everything by MIW

Anyway. Chris comes home next chapter...he he he...

Give me lots of comments and votes! If you leave me a good comment, I'll respond to it!

xoxo, Scissorhands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 714 27
Irina Davenshire's life has been...rough. After losing her mother at the young age of eight and fighting debilitating injuries from the accident that...
4.2K 288 20
Chris Cerulli met Naomi Shannon in 2012 on Motionless in White's American Infamous Tour. She was, at the time, doing merch for Stick to Your Guns, an...
736 21 12
Like any good story, this one starts with a funeral. Chris's girlfriend, Mindy Forino, went missing six years ago. Well, maybe "went missing" isn't t...
4.3K 111 22
For years, a group of protesters has stood outside venues throughout Pennsylvania that Motionless in White played in, accusing them of being evil, Sa...