To Hide A Wound

Por Dreamxzo

A wound that cannot be forsaken, a pain that cannot be cure. *********** Matthew Franklin is undoubtedly the... Más

few words from the author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 10

40 4 0
Por Dreamxzo

Matthew wasn't in the garden. If he wasn't referring to the garden, then what might he be referring to.
Somewhere in the corner of this world where you can't escape from the sky.
Where can be that place that he is referring to? Is he alright? Doesn't seem to be.

I stared at my phone screen. Wondering if I should make a call. Why should I  trouble myself when I can access the answer right from him? But at that time I was more concerned about shielding my pride from his mockery smile. He will take me like an idiot and I don't want to be mocked by him. Especially not by him. It was sure that he will not lose a chance to make fun of me. Hence it turns out I was hesitant. Deeply concentrated was my eyes at his number, it was impossible to remove my gaze from it. However, it took me a great effort to press that single button. I dialled his number and placed it near my ears.

The number you have dialled is currently switched off. Please try again later.

What the heck!
I tried it again.

The number you have dialled is currently switched off. Please try again later.

For a moment I wasn't able to consume anything. In one way, I was very much frustrated that I was holding myself back to not smacked my phone down the floor. And in some other way, anxiousness was decaying my piece of resolve or the determination residing inside me. Why did he switch off his phone? Did he purposely do it to avoid my call? Or perhaps something happened to him? What the heck was the actual reason?

🐨

Even after a try, I couldn't think of a place where he was hinting. And now without any options left I have to interact with the person whose existence I like to avoid. If possible I like to stay away from that person as far as possible. I don't carry the capability to handle him. He is amazing for screwed my mind up and for that reason, I always try my best to avoid him. But taking a preference to the current situation, I can't ignore him since he claimed himself to be Matthew's best friend and best buddy. Even though sometimes, I felt it wasn't obvious to what they were referring to themselves.

I wouldn't bother myself to talk with him if I knew Matthew way better than him. And it did prove that maximum of the things has been disclosed between themselves. Well, it's not like I am very much interested in the topic they shared so I never burden myself to ask.

" Hey, Jace! Have you seen Robert?" I raised a question to the guy who was walking amusingly in the corridor. I have seen him hanging around with Robert some week ago. Even though both of the pair was quite not a match to accompany each other. Jace was the nerdy type, the one who doesn't smoke, who doesn't drink, the type of guy that I appreciate, whereas Mr Robert Pattinson was far away to be complimented. Let's not talk about him.

" Oh, he! Probably at the basketball stadium." He said, with a cute smile on his face. I thanked him and make my way towards the basketball stadium.

On reaching there, I was kept busy by the bustling of the players, certainly yelling at each other to improve their skills and take control of the ball. However, there were acceptable spectacles present over the stadium. Maximum of the audience were girls who were less interested in the gameplay rather their interests lay on drooling over the guys. 

Somehow, I spotted Robert when he was taking the lead, thumbing the ball with his palm up and down, and then after pushing his limbs at a several strength, he jumps and it seems he was floating in the air. He throws the ball towards the basketball net, and it did a goal. From the left side of the stadium, I found the girls losing their sanity for just a goal, screaming " You're remarkable Robert." They were jumping up and down like they were a rabbit. What's so special about that guy?

But I was taken aback to find that Matthew was nowhere to be seen. Usually, Matthew kills his free time around here. It is rather questioning to think that Matthew wasn't here. Robert and Matthew are always seen together like inseparable Twins. Even their personality seems to have some resemblance. Both of them are just the same, if Matthew is a nerve-wracking jerk then Robert is also not below him. Instead, Robert was more terrible than Matthew in many ways.

I take my chance of approaching him when they were taking a break.  " Robert," I called out, waving my hands on to give him a gesture. But his ear wasn't able to catch my voice since the roaring of his friends filled his ears. I shouted at the top of my lungs, but in vain he still didn't manage to catch a glimpse of me. He was surrounded by too many people that I convinced myself that it will be better for me to jump at the moment. While my facial expressions were twirled into distress, I caught the sight of a guy stealing a glance at me. He immediately turned away when I gave him a questioning gaze.

" Oi Robert! Your girl is calling for you." He shouted so loudly that every member of the basketball team was now concentrated upon me. My poor heart barely escaped from a heart attack when I heard that nonsense.

What does he mean? Why does he think that I am that human trash's girl? I didn't do anything in particular to arise such an awfully assumption.

But more ridiculous were the people out there, instead of focusing on the ball, their focus piqued more interest in me. My cheeks were burning from embarrassment when they stared at me as if it were their first time seeing a girl. I was not a girl starving for attention in the first, so you can say it was awful to get attention. I didn't have anywhere to bury myself to save myself from their eyes, so I just turned away.

" Don't call somebody else girl my girl, bro!" I heard Robert talking in an irritated tone, the voice was a little faint since I was standing some feet away from them, but it was audible enough to catch their words.

" She isn't? My bad, I thought she was since she looks desperate for you."

When I heard him, suddenly, it felt like someone has whacked something hard at my head, not with a stone but with a word.

Did he just address me to be desperate?

Me desperate for him??? I just cringe at that thought. Unbelievable! I looked up to him for another purpose it's not like I was desperate for him.

" She is very distant to my liking. Not even my type dude."

I rolled my eyes.

Heh! As if he is my type. I don't know what right has he got to be that proud of his preferences.

" Dude! Why are you so picky? Don't you know that you're going to get the least good if you're that picky? That's what I heard from Mom."

I clutch over my mouth to stop myself from giggling. Was that guy serious?  I mean, will you ever find someone of our generation to be tied down or be still following the principles of our parents? Nah! I don't think so. He still believes in what his Mother's say and that was unbelievable. He must be his Mom's son. It wasn't only me who fell for his awful humour, the rest of the guys stared at him with their mouth opened. And poor him he stared at them with a clueless face.

One of the players, patted his back, saying; " Keep it up, bro."

" Thank you." He said, his overwhelming shyness evident in his smile. He scratched his head while he was expressing himself, it appeared that he didn't get the trace that he was humiliated, instead, his joy was like a blooming flower.

I didn't know that people like him still exist.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Robert marching towards me. The way he lifted his limbs were worth watching, he didn't drag his limbs in a definite way, it looks like his energy abandoned him for being human trash.

" What are you doing here?" He said, arching his brows. Then he wrapped his finger around his chin like a detective would do when he is suspecting something or running his brain. " Oh! Let me guess, are you here to cheer me up."

" Your imagination is very unrealistic to happen."

Instead of shutting my mouth with a reply, he chose the best way to make me feel remorse. He diligently smirked, and gaze at me as if he was looking down upon me.

" where's Matthew," I asked without furthering anything.

" How will I know?"

" Don't pretend. I can't believe you aren't aware of anything."

" Even if I do, why the hell will I tell you so?" He said bluntly and gave me a challenging look.

" Robert, this is a serious case."

" None of my concern." He said.

" But both of you are best friend."

He inwards his steps towards me, and my steps withdraw back, automatically. But more threatening were his stares for the reason that he was about to devour me alive if I pester him anymore." You seem to not understand this. There are different types of a best friend, everyone doesn't share the same bond. So you should keep this in mind."

I gulped. I didn't make any comments.

He must have been way too irritated by me that he didn't waste his energy by arguing with me, so he turned away and inwards his steps towards the team. At that time only I realized that they were still staring at us with unusual anticipation.

Have they been prying on our conversation for the whole time? It doesn't seem so, the distance is too vast to transmit our conversation into their ears.

His broad back was now facing me, I clenched my fist for not able to stand against him that firmly.

" So you're gonna help me, right?" I said in my sweetest tone ever, in hope of him helping me out, without charging me to give him anything in particular. Well, I haven't used that tone, not even with my dearest ones. It has to work or else I'm gonna rip his head off his neck.

He swivelled around, throwing a threatening glare that was out of expectations.

" Just tell me sincerely, you're helping me or not?" I said.

" Fuck off."

Fuck off!

Those two words threw my eardrum into anguish. It rang around my eardrum like the blast of dynamite. If possible I will burn down his house in this instant, but then I remembered being human trash doesn't need the parents to be blamed.

" Robert! don't swear in front of me. Oh please! Don't go on assuming that I can't swear against you. I am not gonna tolerate this, I will give you a thousand curses that you will prefer to be dead than alive." I was speaking, no, instead I was yelling like a deranged mad dog at that moment.

Losing my temper was not what I wanted, and check that what's happened. But more were my fingers that went out of control than my mind that it pointed it towards him. And the response he gave to my pointing fingers were not well appreciated.

But that piece of trash was well trained in taming his emotions that he didn't bother to make me retreat my fingers from pointing at him. He smiled, and now his eyes were turning into something that I called a sexy gaze. But that sexy gaze was a pure sign of danger that I sensed from his attitude. It took me by more surprise when he stretched out both of his arms in the air. Like he was waiting for someone to fall right into his arms."If you're that amazing at cursing, then what are you waiting for? I am always ready, babes!" He said.

The bloodiest line ever. My ears were about to bleed when his words + voice travelled through my ear.

" Bloody human trash," I mumbled under my breath.

" I didn't hear."

That must be because you're deaf.

Calm down! He is provoking you. Yeah! He is provoking me, and I won't let his plan be a success.

" Robert, why are we even combatting? I didn't make my way throughout here just to argue with you. Save your argument for another day." I said, this time the tone of my speech didn't attain any rudeness, it was cool and a little composed voice.

" How the hell are you so good at being a bother? Stop bothering me. Do you like me to lose my temper and display the worst part of me? Do you want to make me that miserable?"

I don't understand why he is that hostile towards me. He wasn't like this when I first met him, but I guess that was just a disguise to fool people around.

I just wanted to tell him that I wasn't aiming to bring the worst out of him, he is already the worst of himself how will I make him more worst? But time wasn't sufficient enough to convey my feelings towards him. And even if I did, it will be hard for him to believe me.

" Just tell me the whereabouts of Matthew, I will vanish from your sight in an instant."

Silence.

Thank you for reading.

"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1M 33.6K 36
Julianne Burke is a young and advanced college student with an eye for trouble. Ever since her last year in high school, when the only man she ever l...
1.9M 58.1K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
57 0 8
Note : If you're not into gpreader who makes the wrong decisions. Don't read this. Save yourself from stress. This is ocreader so if you Don't like t...
283K 8K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...