The Cursed Girl

By White_Ferret

Cyrus Lestrange is a powerful and dangerous witch. She had been to multiple magical Schools and Academies, Cy... More

Mysterious Girl
Home Sweet Home
Diagon Alley
Hogwarts Express
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
The Incident
Secrets
The Tour of Hogwarts
The Dagger Scar
Ignore
In the Gryffindor Tower
!Authors Note!
Hogsmeade
Always in the Library
The Funeral
Leaving Hogwarts
First Day
Harsh Days
Better Days
Christmas Break
Letters and Secrets
Over Time
Returning
Great Way of Starting The Day
Fights and Confessions
First Task
Simply a Kiss
Golden Egg
How Incredible
The Yule Ball
Second Task
The Maze...
Gone
The Aftermath

Connecting...

129 7 0
By White_Ferret

Dracos' POV

I make it to the Great Hall again, and Cyrus is sitting calmly eating. Her face is still red. I sit next to her. As I pick up my butterknife someone grabs me and pulls me away from the table, out into the hall. 

"What happened? She is redder than a tomato!" Pansy shouts in a whisper. 

"We were running and I fell on top of her. That's all. It lasted not even a minute!" (that's not true it lasted for about 2-3 minutes. Of us staring at each other, me staring at her bra then me staring at her face as she's staring at my arm.)

Pansy then nods and walks back into the Great Hall, I follow her then I sit next to Cyrus. She looks at me, when I meet her eyes she quickly looks back at her food. Finally, the daily mail comes in. Like always it looks like a flurry of feathers in the air. I don't get any mail but I look back over to Cyrus and she has lots of mail.

"What's this one? Why does it look different from all the others?" Cyrus holds up a red envelope. Then I realized what it was, but someone else said what it was instead; 

"That's a howler, usually it's someone screaming at you but some of them can be calm." Blaise explains. 

"This is what a howler looks like? I thought they looked like normal letters." Cyrus shrugged and begins to open it. Once she does, the letter unfolds itself and floats in front of her, everyone stares at her now.

"Cyrus Trixy Cia Lestrange." A woman's voice says in relief. Now I know her full name, honestly, it was a cute name. 

"I know it has been one day since I've last seen you, but Eddy is dying to tell you something." The woman continues then pauses. Then a little boy starts speaking. 

"Sissy! I didn't tell you at the train station. The man you yelled at wasn't the man who yelled at me." Cyrus laughs because we already found that out. "Also, mom says we might see you on Thanksgiving! Not Chrismas." He says 'Christmas' wrong. Cyrus chuckles and sighs. 

"Love you, see you sooner." The little boy ends. 

"Love you, Cy, be good, and tell me all about new experiences. Like if you have a boyfriend. I want to know. Love you! Bye." The woman farewells and the letter tears itself apart.

"Does she have to bring that up?" Cyrus chuckles and a tear falls from her eye. She opens another letter and it's a drawing from the little boy, Edward. 

"He's an artist." Pansy jokes. 

"Yes, he's said he doesn't want to be a wizard, he wants to be an artist." Cyrus jokes along. 

"Why did she bring up you having a boyfriend?" I ask. I actually have a lot of curiosity about that specifically.

"I-I have had a boyfriend once when I attended Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. He came and visited my school, he attended and still attends Durmstrang Institute. He flashed me with his 'charms' and broke my heart later on. Point is, I never told Nymph that and she felt 'hurt' but not really. She found out because she noticed I wouldn't eat and I brought myself down a lot." She explains. 

"How did he break your heart?" Pansy seemed more interested than I thought she'd be.

"This was when I was, 13 years old. As I said, he flashed me with his 'charms' and I fell for him like the rest of the other girl, but he said and I quote; "You're much, stranger, much, more mysterious than all the other girls, I'm interested in you and only you." of course back then I was swayed into those simple words, and after a week or so of us 'hanging out' he asked me out. I said 'yes' of course, but not even 2 days later I saw him snogging up some other girl. My heart wasn't crushed I actually mentally liked him if that makes sense but I was pretty sad. I already had issues with love and trust but that just made it worse." She continues explaining.

"Did he take your first snog?" Pansy asked. 

"Uh, heh. Yeah, No." Her voice turns deep and harsh. 

"I'm saving these bad boys for someone much much more...suitable." She puts her finger on her plump rosy pink lips. As she takes her finger off her lips she drags her bottom lip down making some bit of her teeth showing. Giving me an odd feeling. 

"Come on, we start potions soon." Pansy says. 

She turns to me. "I'll read the rest of my letters and mail in my dorm." And Cyrus picks my hand up for me to come along. Once she stands up and realizes what she had done with my hand she throws it down and walks away. I stand up and follow her. She already had issues with love and trust? Is it because of her dad? Mum? why am I so hooked over this strange girl? 

I can't help but watch her walk perfectly. It's like I'm drawn to her. She's a trouble maker...a misfit, but the best kind. The way her eyes turn red, the way she walks, the way she turns ice cold t anybody, it got me going crazy. Though...I only just met this girl, I don't know her personality or some other things about her. 

Why am I so interested in her? 

Cyrus' POV

As I'm walking to potions- (Not completely sure where it is, kind of winging it now) -I realize that I just told people, who I haven't even known for long, why I have major trust and love issues. Right? I did that, right? Ok, not completely but I was sure damn close to! I can't believe I held his sweaty icky hand! What made his face turn red? What made his hands so sweaty? 

Ugh, he does smell good though, When did I smell him? It was probably when he fell on me. He's lucky I didn't kill him from falling on me! I also still can't believe we stayed in that...position! We stayed like that for what felt like years but in reality, it was about 2-3 minutes. Strangely...I didn't want him to get up, I enjoyed the citrusy, apple smell of him. 

OH my Salazar! Cyrus why did you think that! I did not like the smell of him...right? Why would you- oh my god, Draco Malfoy knows my full name! Ugh Nymphadora Tonks you are in big trouble! I turn around to look at Draco and he's deep in thought...but looking at me? Cyrus shut up. I turn back around. I wonder what he's thinking. What if he's thinking of m- no, no. 

He'll end up being another Jasper. I will not tolerate that again, but what if he is? 

"Hey, potions class is here." Draco's voice interrupts my thinking. Though it's probably for the best. My thinking was getting a bit out of control. I walk into potions and it full of Gryffindorks. 

~ (No offense to Gryffindors! My best friend is a Gryffindor.) ~

We sit down at a table close to the back of the class and close to the Gryffindors. I set my book on top of my desk and I glance at Draco. Actually, I glance more than enough times. 

"What are you looking at?" Draco's cocky voice speaks up. 

I freeze. Thinking of an answer. 

"Stop staring at Cyrus, Pottah." Draco...defended me? Wait what? Dear Salazar, what the bloody hell is Draco watching out for me for? Ugh, that makes me so mad right now! 

"Well answer me!" His voice interrupts my thoughts. I turn my head to see Weasley and Potter looking at me. 

"Shut up, Malfoy." Potter speaks. 

"How about you shut those glasses of yours Scarhead." I snap. 

"What was that, Cyrus Trixy Cia Lestrange?" Weasley snaps. 

I stand up. "I said, how about you shut those glasses of yours, Scarhead, and Weasley you prune, shut your disgraceful mouth. You don't have the power to call me by my full name. If you think you do I dare you to fight me." My eyes turn blood red.

They look at me scared, then I turn to Draco, he curls his top lip and flashes his eyebrows up and down at Weasley and Potter. I sit back down and Professor Snape begins to talk. 

"Nice job, but what made them so scared?" Draco leans into my personal space, I can feel his breath on my right cheek. I lean a bit closer to him. 

"I have a special gift, I've used it on you before. Now... Stay out of my space." I whisper, then lean away. I glance at him and he's smirking. I roll my eyes and shake my head. 

"Some of you know what antidotes are but some of you are the new blood here, the celebrity that has officially replaced our very own Harry Potter. So tell me, Miss Lestrange, What is the Calming Draught?" Professor Snape asks me as if I was dumb or ignorant. 

I lean back into my chair and cross my arms. "Hmm, you're making me sound like I'm ignorant, like Potter here. My 'father' has told me all about how Potter couldn't tell you the simplest things. The Calming Draught is an antidote, the clue is in its name. it calms the drinker. If you get the antidote correct it will turn a sea blue color. Ingredients? Easy, Lavender, Crocodile heart, peppermint. I also heard, Professor Snape, this position has killed a cat before. is that true?" I ask. 

People 'ohh' and others laugh. Snape crosses his arms like me. "That is true. I have nothing to hide." 

"Interesting, I have nothing to hide either. I'm just not an open book. As for you, you do hide things, rather your past...with a certain someone." I smirk. 

"Turn to page 286, Calming Draught." Snape goes back to his desk. 

"What is he hiding?" A girl behind me asks. "Sorry, I'm Tracy." 

"Why should I spill? Not my business." I shrug and roll my eyes. 

~~~ 

I walk out of potions with Draco following behind me again. Then I share a look with Harry Potter, he's watching me with his friends around him. Then someone hugs me from behind. 

"Ahh" I slap them. I gasp. "Oh my god." I whisper. 

We all break out laughing. Draco laughs the hardest. 

"You have a good slap." Pansy holds her left cheek. 

"Thanks. Sorry, I am not used to that at all." 

"You should get used to it now, I did it to my old friend Daphne but she doesn't go here anymore. I've been hanging out with boys now so I don't do it, but now you're going to be my best friend, so I'm going to hug you a lot."

I lingered on the thought of me being a best friend Or even having a best friend or just a friend in general. (Couldn't trust some friends..) 

"Well then, soon to be best friend, what class do you have next?" I ask. 

She sighs dramatically and grabs my arm and pulls me away from the view of Draco. "We have herbology. I need to tell you something." 

"Something secretive? Because you pulled me away from Malfoy, his face was confused." 

"Yes, something secretive. Only a couple of old death eaters know, my parents sent it to me through mail today." 

"What is it Pansy?" I urge eagerly.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 36 25
Claire Devarow is a fifth year student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and like most students, they all fear what this year will hold...
3.7K 265 27
"No secrets right, Draco?" Ivory Greenwood is in her 4th year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, when she comes across Draco Malfoy. She...
18.6K 565 38
Rosalie Lestrange the daughter of Bellatrix Lestrange has been sent to Hogwarts for the first year. However she was put into Gryffindor house which w...
209K 8.6K 27
Daughter of the legendary Grindelwald, Rhiannon has attended Durmstrang Institute for three years. But now year four rolls around and with it, the Tr...