Darling โ€ข Fred Weasley x read...

By ruthie_smc1

Y/n Brooke has been best friends with the golden trio since first year. You spend the summer at the burrow fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter fourty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter sixty four

Chapter twenty nine

2.6K 63 134
By ruthie_smc1

The first week of school was pretty straightforward, beginning all of our lessons and of course, officially meeting the pink strawberry creme puff they call our dada teacher.

"Hey! You have a full plate of food right in front of you." Fred whines under a chuckle as I snatch a mini double chocolate chip muffin off the edge of his plate.

"Yeah well, it tastes better when it's off of yours." I respond knowingly before taking a bite of the pastry. He rolls his eyes playfully, a grin forming across his lips. "You know I'm right." I add sassily with raised brows.

I feel someone's eyes on me as I take another bite. I glance up and meet Hermione's glare, sending her a confused expression in return, causing her to look back to the plate in front of her. I turn to my right and tap on Harry's shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong with Hermione? She's been acting oddly around me."

He sighs quietly, keeping his focus on his golden plate. "Harry, please if you know something tell me." His beautiful blue eyes connect with mine, his face wearing a stern expression.

"You didn't think she would see you and Draco when you got off the train?" He mentions with pain filled eyes.

"What?-" I begin, noticing Ron's hurt gaze on me, quickly turning back to his plate and continuing to poke at his food.

The bell suddenly rings and everyone cleared out almost immediately, leaving the twins and me to be last. "Are you alright darling?" Fred asks.

"Wasn't Hermione and everyone else with you two at the train station?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?" George answers.

"And you didn't see anything?"

"No...were we supposed to?" Fred asks over a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, no. I was just wondering." I assure, breaking off from them as I head to potions.

I continue daydreaming out the window before I feel a kick on my shin, causing me to look up at Draco, who is blankly fiddling with his quill. I raise my brow making him to connect eyes with me. "Oh was that your foot?" He asks innocently, refocusing back to Snape.

His shoe makes contact with mine again, causing me to decide to play along. I kick back, harder than he had, and pretend to pay attention to the potions Professor.

Our game goes along for a few minutes, light thuds being created by the leather of his shoe hitting mine. "Stop." I whisper, not looking at him.

"Make me." He responds sassily. My eyes widen slightly and I shift my glare to him.

"Stop that." I demand fiercely.

"Stop what love?" As I am about to retort, a monotone voice intervenes our bickering.

"You two love birds can take that outside if you wish to continue your quarrel!" Snape snaps, impaling Draco and me with his shrewd glare. "And I suggest you stop playing your foot game." He glowers, coldly glancing below our desks from the corner of his eye before returning to his lecture.

A snicker escapes Blaise's lungs as he covers his mouth. "Love birds." He mimics, encouraging Draco's smirk to grow cockier by the second.

"Oh shut up Zabini." I retort, slumping down in my chair out of embarrassment.

"What? You embarrassed to be pictured with me, darling?" Draco questions with a flirty expression.

I roll my eyes before hearing a huff from Hermione who is seated in front of me, next to Blaise. "What's on your mind Granger?" Blaise taunts, causing her posture to straighten up more than it already was.

She sends him a deathly glare. "Ooo your no fun." He sneers, letting out a light chuckle.

"Yeah, we've already known that though. She's too busy stuffing her nose in a book and kissing professors asses." Draco jeers while rolling his eyes.

"Shut it, before I hex you." I remark a second before Snape dismisses the class.

Hermione hurries out of the room immediately, me trailing close behind her. "Hermione!" I call across the hallway, but she doesn't stop. I speed up and catch her wrist. "Hermione! Why are you avoiding me?" She stares at me with hurt filled eyes.

I lead her to the bathroom to have a more private conversation. "Okay, what is going on?" I ask.

"When were you going to tell us that you're best friends with Draco Malfoy?" She questions sharply.

"We aren't best-" I try to reply but instead she cuts me off.

"Don't you remember the past five years? All the remarks he made to all of us? All of the things he's done?"

I take a deep breath not knowing how to respond. "I'll keep him in his place when he's around you guys."

"I just don't want him to be a bad influence on you, especially with the-" She pauses before continuing in a whisper. "You-know-who stuff."

I shutter, trying to get the thought out of my head of Draco having anything to do with that. "Draco isn't like that. He may be a douche sometimes-" She eyes me knowingly. "Okay, most of the time, but he's not working for Voldemort." I answer surely.

She swallows sheepishly. "I hope you're right." She says.

"Are we okay now?" I ask, avoiding her previous statement.

"Yeah, we're alright, just keep him away from us if you're able. But you should probably talk to Ron and Harry, I may or may not have told them too."

"Who else did you tell Hermione?" I sigh

"No one."

"Even Ginny?"

"No."

"Okay." I say. "Oh and by the way, don't mind what Draco said. It's not true anyway. They have no idea what goes on in the common room on Friday nights." We both giggle as we scurry down the corridor side by side.

"Okay, it'll be fine." I tell myself as I make my way into the dada classroom.

Hermione and I hurry into class, being less than a minute late. Hermione makes her way to her seat immediately as I shut the door, causing Professor Umbridge to turn around. "Oh, Ms. Parkinson so nice of you to join us." She announces, wearing her cheerful yet evil smile.

"I go by Brooke." I say, awkwardly, being that everyone is staring at me as I stand in the back of the class.

"Well, your name isn't Brooke so I'm going to call you by your actual name. Which is Parkinson correct?" She asks, batting her eyelashes as she waits for my response. Instead, I clench my jaw in an effort to contain myself.

"Dumbledore said I could go by Brooke."

"Well, Dumbledore isn't part of the Ministry now is he?" She questions, tilting her head to the side slightly, keeping her malevolent smile. She turns and walks to the front of the class in tiny steps, her heels tapping against the floor. "That will be detention for disrespecting a professor. It will be served tomorrow after dinner. You may be seated now, Ms. Parkinson."

I try to hold back my scowl as I take my seat next to Luna who wears a worried expression. A scoff could be heard from Pansy across the room as she glares at me with hatred drowned eyes.

"Detention for you as well Ms. Parkinson." She snaps. "Both sisters in the same detention session, what a coincidence." Her high pitch giggle causes my abhorrence filled heart to beat at a quicker pace, the desire to make a scene getting stronger by the second.

—————

Class finally ends and I make my way to the common room, being met by Hermione, Ron, and Harry who happen to already be there. "Oh hey." I say, trying to be casual, not knowing how mad they are at me.

"You don't need to be awkward, Hermione already told us about what you said earlier." Harry says.

"Oh, she did?" I ask nervously.

"Yeah." Ron answers.

"Do you still hate me?"

"How could I ever hate my best friend in the entire world?" Harry asks, receiving a glare from Hermione and Ron. "Okay, one of my best friends in the entire world."

I glance over to Ron who is standing oddly. "Why do you even like talking to the nasty git?" He asks.

"He's not as mean to me, I don't know why. Maybe it's because I was almost sorted into Slytherin? But Blaise well, I never really talked to Blaise before so I don't know what he thought of me before." I answer.

Ron rolls his eyes and sighs. "Even though I do not like them whatsoever and I think they are an absolutely terrible influence on you, I will respect your decision because you are my best friend." He adds, crossing his arms and raising his chin in the air with his eyes closed smugly.

I run up to them and pull Harry and Ron into a loving hug. "They'll never replace you, you're my family. I love you guys."

"We love you too." They say together.

"Whew, I've never experienced as much tension in my life than I have in the past week." Ron says, swiping the imaginary sweat off his forehead.

I glance over to Hermione who is thinking the same thing, making her cheeks glow scarlet. "Hermione, your cheeks are red." Ron points out.

"Yeah, it's a bit warm in here. How about we go into the dorms and play a few rounds of chess?" She asks, leading them towards the boys' dormitories since Ron had the best chess set.

"Alright." Harry agrees, following willingly.

'Thank you.' I mouth, Hermione nodding in return before rounding the corner. I had mentioned in the hall after potions, that I was going to meet Fred in the common room after classes.

A low mutter could be heard from outside of the large door, guarded by the fat lady in the painting. Suddenly, the entryway slid open, its weight causing a thump when it came in contact with the wall. George and Fred strut in as I sit on the couch reading my book.

"Hey y/n/n." George greets.

"Hey, George."

"Where is everyone?"

"They're upstairs in Ron's dorm having a chess competition if you'd like to join." I reply.

"Alright, I'll see you two later." He says slapping Fred on the back before making his way up the stairs to the boys' dormitory.

"Hello love." Fred says.

"Hello, Freddie." I reply, putting my book down.

"How did you get a detention so fast? I think you're the first one with the pink piñata."

"She's lucky I didn't hit her like one." I mutter. "It wasn't even my fault, she wouldn't call me by Brooke because she says it's not my 'actual last name.' " I huff. "Adding on top of that, I have to spend it with Pansy because she wouldn't keep her mouth shut."

I lay my head on his shoulder with a groan. "Well, how about we do something fun afterward?" He suggests

"Ooo like what? I'm intrigued." I say, popping up to kneel on the couch beside him.

"I don't know. What do you want to do?" He asks.

"This." I mutter before pressing my lips against his. I feel the smirk on his lips as I slowly drag my fingertips down his jawline seductively.

As we deepen our kiss, I make my way onto his lap, straddling my legs on either side of him. His large, strong hand grips my hip without difficulty, squeezing it slightly as I place my hand on his neck, pulling him closer. He teases me with his tongue, biting my lip gently, causing my heartbeat to quicken.

He slips his tongue into my mouth, deepening our kiss. I tilt my head as he trails down to my neck, sucking harshly and pinching my skin as he leaves bruises, causing a soft moan to escape my lips.

I tangle my fingers in his soft, orange hair, tugging it slightly in pleasure. He makes his way back to my lips, kissing me for a few more seconds before breaking away to make eye contact. "Do you want to go upstairs?" He asks, struggling to catch his breath.

"Mhm." I hum before taking his hand and eagerly leading him towards the girls' dormitories voluntarily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 6.5K 35
UNFINISHED STORY, ON HIATUS - MARKED AS COMPLETED 25/07/2023. 18+ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ. ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ. ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ...
147K 4.9K 33
first book in the Evelyn Black series โ€ข โ€ข sequal: BACK TO LOVE [ i promise the second book is better lol ] โ€ข slow slow-burn (like years) friends...
255K 6.7K 41
"We were together. I forget the rest." Fred didn't like her. In fact, he had decided, first year, that he despised her. Despised is a strong word and...
120K 2.2K 35
You met after your best friend Ron invited you to stay at the burrow for the summer. But is it true love or teenage love? Story does contain mature c...