Raven (Fred x oc)

By belle_kafer

My name is Valerie Black and Sirius Black is my father, but I don't remember him. You see, he was taken away... More

1. Brains, Charm, Fire, and Mischeif
2. Escaped
3. The Black Name
4. Again
5. Family Relations
6. Newspapers and Boggarts
8. Cat and Mouse
9. Hogsmeade
10. Torn and Mended
11. Pre-Game Traditions
12. Badgers and Lions
13. Accusations
14. Christmas
15. Arguments
16. Eagles and Lions
17. Tall Tales
18. Nerves
19. Lions and Snakes
20. End of Term and All that it Entails
21. Rats!
22. Schoolboy Grudge
23. Truth and Justice
24. Explosion
25. Turning Time
26. The Conclusion
27. Explinations
28. Loose Ends
29. Resettling
30. Ton-Tongue Toffee
31. The Mystery of the Lack of a Quidditch Captain
32. Reconnecting
33. The Sensitive Nature of Money
34. The Quidditch World Cup
35. Death Eaters
36. He's Coming
37. Back Again
38. N.E.W.T. Classes
39. Something Not Right
40. Raven
41. Une Surprise
42. Happy Birthday
43. The First Task
44. The Yule Ball
45. The Ring
46. Changes for the Purpler
47. Psychometry
48. Spiritual Mediumship
49. The Third and Final Task Preparations
50. Force Field Generation
51. A Little Dose of Fear
52. Spirits
53. Trauma
54. Summer Pains
55. Grimmaud Place
Sequel
56. Potter Temper
57. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
58. She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Remembered
59. Bewitched
60. Disillusion
61. Fears
62. Back Again
63. The Story of that Night
64. Umbi- Oop, I Can't Say That
65. Emotions and Quidditch
66. Toxic Masculinity
67. Rough on the Pitch
68. Loss of Quidditch, Loss of Safety
69. Gain
70. Lions and Serpents
71. Animosity
72. Guilt
73. Chocolate Oatmeal Biscuits
74. Escaped
75. Chiaroscuro
76. Soon to be Parted
77. Until We Meet Again, Luv
78. Lions and Eagles
79. Foreboding
80. Loss
81. Connections and What's to Come
82. Summer Break
83. Mid-Summer
84. A Moment You'll Never Forget
85. Back Again, Grown-Up Addition
86. The Dragon Falls Further and Further Away
87. The Dragon Steps to the Path of Fire
88. The Dragon Takes His Firsts Steps on the Fire
89. Lions and Snakes
90. The Sickly Dragon
91. Navidad
92. Badgers and Lions
93. The Dragon's River of Blood
94. The Raven's Dreams
95. Moonlight, Dark Curly Hair, Fangs, Blood, and the Figure
96. The End of a Book That Took a Hundred-Fifteen Years to Write
A/N
97. Too Much Potter
98. Forgetting
New Story!
99. Black-Wealsey
100. Second Wedding
101. Calm Before the Storm
The Siren's Call (A Draco Malfoy Fanfiction)
102. Bondage
103. Frozen
104. Stories, Snatchers, and Mushrooms
105. Crucio
106. Plot-Twist
107. The Dragon Living in Fear
108. Andromeda Tonks
109. Home
110. The Dragon Calls to the Dragoness
111. An Escape
112. Pain
113. Shock and Delight
114. Orphaned
115. Hope
Epilogue
Uncontrolled (Remus Lupin x oc)
Disgraced of the House of Black

7. Ramifications and Voices

9.7K 240 42
By belle_kafer

"WEASLEYS, JORDAN, BLACK!" Snape thundered, grabbing George and Lee by the collar as we walked down the hall. "My office, NOW!" Sharing looks between amusement and anxiety, we all followed behind him. Soon we were all facing him at his desk, barely concealing smirks. Radiating anger, he drawled venomously, "Which one of you set up a dung bomb in my storage cupboard?!" He looked around at us all.

Feigning innocence, George replied, "Now, Professor, you know us. We'd never do something as cruel and hil-" Discretely, I stomped on his foot. "I mean...as mean as that." Snape saw right through our words.

"Detention, all of you, and twenty-five points from Gryffindor," he snapped. "Jordan, you'll be with Madame Pomfrey. Weasley, Professor Sprout. Weasley, Mr. Filch. And Black, you'll be with me. Tonight, eight o'clock. Don't be late." I internally groaned but didn't say anything. "Now, get out of my office before I decide poisoning is a better method of discipline." We all left and soon the usual groans and complaints rose up.

"Mr. Filch is going to torture me," Fred whined.

"You think you have it bad," Lee scoffed. "I'll be cleaning sick in the hospital wing."

"At least you don't have to be with Snape," I countered. "I bet he'll do something really nasty." Everyone finally stopped their complaints and went to the Great Hall for dinner. We remained gloomy for a few minutes before George inevitably cracked a joke and we were light hearted again. After spending some time on homework in the common room, I glanced at the clock and groaned.

"I've got to go," I sighed. "I'll see you guys later." They all said goodbye as I left the common room to head to Snape's office. The door was open and he was organizing some things in his storage cupboard.

"Black," he greeted irritably. "Due to your immature prank, several of the plants in my stores have gone bad. I need them replenished. Luckily, most of the plants can be found right here on campus in the Forbidden Forest. Here are what the plants look like. I need a jar of each and then you may go."

Taking the jars and parchment from him, I started down the hallway. All in all, it wasn't a bad detention considering it was from Snape. Now, am I paranoid and think something will probably happen to me? Yes, but sometimes that's just the way it is. Carefully studying the pictures of the plants I was supposed to find, I stepped into the forest. Crouching down by the trees, I began to pull some plants by the roots, humming softly to myself.

After I had been working for a half hour, I had gathered a jar for two out of the three plants, but the third one was evading me. "Lumos," I muttered, holding my wand aloft as I went deeper into the forest. Spotting a hopeful spot, I got on my knees and got on my hands and knees.

"Vaaallerieeee," a deep, soft voice called, causing me to instantly straighten my spine, looking around with my wand raised. Seeing nothing, I cautiously went back to what I was doing, my ears twitching as I strained to listen. The jar was half full and I was sweating, every sound making me twitch. "Valerieeeeee," the same deep, mystical-sounding voice called, sweeping through the forest. I shot up again, looking around on high alert.

"Nox," I whispered, extinguishing the light from my wand.

"Valerie!" a different voice shouted, making their way towards me with a lighted wand.

"Snape," I replied, hiding my unease as I got to my feet. "I, uh, got most of it, but..." I stopped, glancing back to see that they were all filled. Brows furrowed, I crouched down and grabbed the jars. "It's...it's all here," I said in disbelief.

"Get back to the castle," Snape ordered, shoving me towards the direction I came from. Still confused, I did as he said. I was still consumed in my thoughts as I washed the herbs in Snape's classroom, the man himself watching me carefully. "Chop them up," he ordered once they'd been washed. I began to do so, but the voice from the woods rang in my mind until my hands began to shake. Suddenly, I fumbled and the blade slipped.

"Argh," I hissed, dropping the knife as I winced in pain. Snape fixed me with a sharp look as he came over next to me. His usual expressionless face seemed to have concern veiled by irritation. "Sorry," I said quickly. "I didn't mean to-"

"Get some sleep, Black," he drawled, still seeming to faintly be concerned.

"O-Okay," I stuttered, grabbing my things and pinched the cut to try and stop the bleeding. I shook slightly as I left the classroom.
....................................................
Snape stared after Valerie before he followed after her briefly to go to Professor Dumbledore's office. "Severus," he greeted, looking up from a piece of parchment on his desk.

"I'm concerned about one of the students," Snape drawled. Dumbledore seemed to sit up straighter. "Miss Black and the usual accomplices got detention today. I had Miss Black collecting some potion ingredients for me in the Forbidden Forest. When I noticed it was getting remarkably late, I went out to search for her."

"Was she hurt?" Dumbledore asked tensely.

"No," Snape replied. "However, she was remarkably shaken and confused. Then when I had her cleaning the plants and cutting them, she started shaking, resulting in cutting her finger. I have known Miss Black for five years. Never have I seen her anything but confident and arrogant, like her father."

"Your point?"

"Try as I may, I can't see how this could not be concerning. Whatever she saw or heard in the forest greatly rattled her. I suspect it might pertain to Sirius Black," Snape admitted. "I've told you, having Remus Lupin here is not-"

"Severus," Dumbledore interrupted firmly. "I trust Remus Lupin with my life." Snape huffed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 180 15
But when the redhead smiled instead, I knew I had found what I was looking for all these years. Someone that accepted me for who I was. A real friend.
717K 20K 132
No one knows the truth about what happened that night. The night Harry Potter lost his parents and became The Chosen One, was also the night that Si...
12.2K 643 29
ᵃⁿᵈ ⁱᶠ ⁱ ᵈⁱᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ⁱ'ᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵃˡᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱᶠ ⁱ ᵈⁱᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ⁱ'ᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ᵃʳᵒᵘⁿᵈ ...
72.1K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...