Protecting Raine✔

By GraceForever33

She was only trying to get through her last year of school with her two best friends. But, he came back... N... More

Before We Begin!
One- "Oh Shoots"
Two- "Freak!"
Three- "Asswipe"
Four- "I Should Hit Him"
Five- "You'll Burn With Me"
Six-"This guy was...ugh!"
Seven-"How Do You Feel?"
Eight-"All Of This Is Your Damn Fault!"
Nine-" Try Me"
Ten- "I Don't Even Want To Go!"
Eleven-"Sexy?"
Twelve -"Walking Contradiction"
Thirteen-"You're Strong"
Fourteen-"We Are Not Dating"
Fifteen-"I Should Run"
Sixteen-"Sleep Here"
Seventeen- "Twilight Fantasy"
Eighteen-"Black Panther (R.I.P)"
Nineteen- "You're A Princess Right?"
Twenty- "And The Party Goes On"
Twenty One- "I Remain Silent"
Twenty Two- "Little Red Dress"
Twenty Three- "Not Only You Have Secrets"
Twenty Four- "Eff The Code"
Twenty Five- "Have Fun"
Twenty Seven- "I Can't Freakin Do This"
Twenty Eight- "Guillianos"
Twenty Nine- "Gone"
Thirty-"I'm Sorry"
Thirty One - "Another Chance"
Thirty Two - "Remember The Clouds?"
Epilogue- "Protecting Raine"
A Sequel?

Twenty Six-"I Followed Her"

448 19 1
By GraceForever33

The hate I have for doing work for The Oscuros was uncomparable. The fact that my father just needed me to do a mission tonight was even worse.

I never actually went to the Winter Dance, but this time I really wanted to.

It can be blamed on the fact that I really wanted to see a certain person dressed up and looking way more beautiful than she should be.

I hated the fact that she was going with Levi, but after the past few days, I knew that it had to be done. That still didn't make me like it, though.

I still was uneasy about the guy. I wasn't sure who he was. He seemed fake. Like he was hiding something, but I just didn't know what. Then, he came to me about the attack on Raine and the fact that he knew about the Guillianos confirmed my suspicions about him.

I tried asking him after I handled my dad about it, but it was hard to get him from beside Raine without being too suspicious.

That was another reason I wanted to smash his head in.

"There's nothing happening here" Flint muttered.

We were at a factory building, or in other words, The Oscuros drug lab. It was where the drugs were brought in counted and then distributed. It wasn't the only one either. Dad had Flint and I assigned to run guard on the building. Making sure no one who is not supposed to get in, get in and those who got out didn't carry anything they're not supposed to have.

"Nothing never happens here" I replied boringly. I was more sure that my dad put us here to stop us from being like normal teenagers and enjoying our high school dance.

He never respected the idea of going to school. He felt it was a waste of time and that the street life would teach you way more.

I beg to differ.

"I could have been at the dance right now" Flint kept on whining. I knew he was more angry at the fact that he had asked Madi to go, but now he had to bail on her. I wasn't completely aware of him telling her why, though.

I think just like Raine, she was in the dark about what we actually do. Well, Raine wasn't anymore.

"Have you told Madi about this?" I asked. I wasn't looking at him, my hands where position on the gun I wasn't supposed to have and have never used. My eyes cast out into the abandoned street. However, I still saw in peripheral how quickly his head turned to me.

"About what?" he was playing coy. I didn't press, because I knew he would admit eventually. I wasn't really a fan of repeating myself either. He sighed. "I want to. I almost brought it up too, but she's so innocent and good. I just clamp up"

I turned to look at him. His face was wrought with agony. As if withholding the truth from her was actually hurting him.

"Are you still going to take your father's position?" I asked the question that he asked me a few years back. My answer was always no, but his own was an automatic yes. He grew up with that mantra.

Flint hesitated. I can see from the looks in his eyes that he was now considering the position. I knew too, that this time it was because of Madi.

He too suffered what it was to now find something worth getting out of the gang life for. He has tried his best to sway me from Raine, but with Madi's presence, he now sees how having someone like that in your life can make you want them around all the time. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I looked down to see an unknown number. I frowned. I slid answer because I was sure it may be another Oscuros calling me from an unknown line to avoid having their number tracked.

"Hello" I gritted down the line. The thought of talking to them even gets on my nerve.

"Come to the school right now!" the person's shrilled voice rang in my ears and then they hung up.

I looked at Flint who was looking at me with a bored expression.

I don't recognize the voice. It sounded like a girl or a woman. It was coated in fear, so I wasn't sure if that was just a guy who had lost his voice from being scared.

However, the urgency that came over the line wasn't missed.

"I'll be right back. Hold the fort for me, okay" I explain to Flint and he nodded.

"What's happening?" he asked. I looked over to the other guys who were guarding with us and stepped closer to Flint.

"I don't know, but I'll text you" I whisper.

~~~

When I got to the school, I wasn't expecting to see the scene before me. I thought- I didn't know what I thought, but I wasn't expecting this.

There was an ambulance- three of them to be correct, police cars were parked in odd angles and people were all over the area with shock expressions on their faces.

My heart immediately disappeared as it falls when I looked over to the auditorium.

Raine.

I pushed through the crowd trying to get to the front of it. Trying to get to the building.

God, please let her be okay.

I was stopped right at the front of the crowd by a police officer. He was pushing me back, saying something but my ears had this weird sound playing in it.

I looked over to the building, I saw Madi. She was standing there crying with her parent cuddling her. Why was she crying?

No.

I looked over to one of the ambulance. There was a bed being lifted up to be placed inside.

Playboy?

I looked back to the police, roughly pushing his hand from my chest.

"I need to get inside!" I growled at him, but he shook his head.

"I'm sorry. I can't let you do that, son"

I looked over at Madi again. She wasn't talking. She looked as if she was in shock.

"Madi!" I screamed, but she didn't even prick at the sound of my voice.

"Son, I have to ask you to step back or I'll arrest you" the officer screamed and I pushed him roughly. My strength amazing me and him.

I ran past him to Madi, she didn't even budge when I grip her shoulder.

"Madi tell me what happen? Where is Raine?" she didn't say anything, she just stood there. "Madi!" I screamed but was pushed off by her father.

I wanted to rip his head off. I wanted to rip everyone's head off right now.

Why can't I find Raine?

"They took her! They took her!" Madi screamed. She repeated the words over and over until it became a whisper. Her eyes dead as they looked at me.

Raine? Was Raine her?

I felt my chest tightened and I knew I needed some air, but I was already outside.

Did they took Raine?

I looked around, blinking rapidly, my eyes caught a figure.

My father.

He was standing over on the other side of the road. His hands pushed into his trench coat, observing the scene before him.

My feet were leading me to him, the moment I recognized him.

"They took her!" I screamed in his face.

He nodded once. "They have" he answered. His voice was calmer. Not even bothered.

"Are you going to do something? They trespass again and took an innocent person! The code!"

I never in my life wanted to break my Father's face until now. His nonchalant persona was unnerving.

"Yes. However, I would like to see what you will do?" he smirked at me. I blinked. My hands ached from clenching too hard.

"Is that some sick joke to you?" I seethed to him.

He shrugged. I wanted to punch him. I guess I wasn't the only one that noticed this because I saw two guys stepped closer.

I didn't see them before.

"I told you that love and being in this game doesn't work. However, I have trained you to know what to do. They took your girl. You have the sources, use them"

I went to grab him as he turns around, but the two guys shove me back. They held me in place until my father left then throw me backwards.

I threw my hands in my hair, ready to rip out the strands from the roots as I span around in frustration.

My dad thought this was some sick joke!

The Guillianos was known for being sick in the head. They don't see murder as some form of crime. The bastards see it as a sport. Something they teach their children from a young age.

Death to them was another walk in the park and the fact that Raine was in their possession had me wrecked.

My eyes landed on Allanna, Raine's mother.

She was dressed normally, but the light of her badge was reflecting in the night sky. She was staring at where my father was. Her eyes glistening and her mouth trembling.

When her eyes came to me, I froze.

I have never seen hurt like that in someone's eyes before. She looked so distraught. Sad.

"Come here" she mouthed to me. I swallowed, moving to her.

I wasn't sure what her take on me was.

Did she like me?

Did she not?

I didn't really know. When she had spotted me at the house waiting for Raine to come home one day. She gave me the third degree. She asked me my intentions and I told her everything--which was weird. I'm great at withholding information, but she got the secrets out of me for her daughter in no time.

I told her that I like Raine. I care for her deeply, but I will not pursue a relationship with her. That made Allanna tilt her head, so I explained that I was not in the right place for her daughter. That she deserves a 100% and I didn't have that. That I would just be a friend right now.

She seemed pleased with that answer.

When I got to her I was expecting her to slap me, but then I had to remember that she didn't know that this was my fault. That she didn't hate me. Yet.

Allanna span on her heels, walking towards what I assumed was her car. I raised my brow watching her, confused before she turned around with her brows furrowed.

I felt my heart pinched when the act of it reminded me so much of Raine.

She jumped into the car, I followed along with her. We drove in complete silence for a while, digesting exactly what has happened. I don't think we're doing well.

"You love her," Allanna said. She wasn't asking me a question, so I didn't answer her.

I don't know when I begin liking Raine, so when I fell for her was undetectable as well. To be honest, I feel as though I started loving her as soon as I saw her the second time I came back from London.

She always stood out to me, but now that I am older and more inclined to the opposite sex, she was the one I lean more to.

I always caught myself studying her. I love everything that I reviewed.

"You're going to find her too," she said, as she pulled into her driveway.

Damn, right I was going to.

I knew who took her and I would go hell over high waters to rip the Guillianos apart. If that means killing every derange sucker in that facility I would.

Raine didn't deserve to be in this.

If there was beef between my father and them--hell, The Oscuros and them, then they should settle that just with them. Not bringing innocent people into this. Not bringing freakin Raine into this.

My Raine.

She pulled the car in park, but she didn't move to get out. Instead, she took the key out of the ignition and turned to me. For a reason unknown, I held my breath.

Raine looked so much like her mother sometimes, it was uncanny.

"I knew who you were before you met my daughter." She said, her eyes were strong. Although they held sadness and agony, her facade was hardened. She looked as if she was ready for war.

"I knew who your dad was. What he does. What you do." she licked her lips, looking down as she inhaled a trembling breath. "I could have stopped you from seeing Raine. Freaking locked your ass up and have you moved from her, but as a job of being a detective reading body language is like knowing how to breathe. I know you aren't bad. You're not like your father. You have demons, but you aren't cruel."

She turned from me. "Raine's just like me. Able to read the body. It's the reason why I let her be free. I let her decide certain things in her life because I trust she'll make a good decision. So, when she started falling for you, I didn't mind. I trust her. I trust you"

I swallowed. All of her words sinking into my being.

She trusted me.

Frack.

She knew.

She knew that I was in The Oscuros, but she also knew I didn't want any part of it.

"I have lost a lot of things in my life" she muttered, staring at her home. My mind immediately popping up with Raine's father. I have seen him once, but I have no great memory of him.

Raine and I were next-door neighbours, but our families didn't let us blend. I never questioned why either.

"But, I am not losing my daughter. So, when I say I trust you. I trust that you'll get her back. That we will" she clipped. She opened the door, walking briskly to the front door. I followed after her quickly.

My mind was running all over the place. I wanted to go and get Raine. I knew where she was. I don't know why we were here wasting time. So I voice my thoughts.

"Uh, Mrs. Packer, I don't understand why we are here. You know what I am, so you know I know who took her. Where she is. Let me go get her" I rushed behind her.

She paused, her hand on the door as she looks back at me. "I need you to see something first. I don't need you rushing into this and cause them to kill my daughter, because if you do, then I will kill you"

Her threat was subtle, but it was loud in clear as it made me skid to a stop beside her. She didn't even care, she just opened the door and walked into the house.

I followed her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 228K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
144K 5.9K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...
48.4K 9.1K 35
One HIGH SCHOOL, Two STUDENTS One a HOT JOCK The other an AWKWARD NERD Both HATE each other UNTIL, One DAY, Everything CHANGES LOVE awakens... And...
287K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...