An unavoidable fate | Azur La...

By Pongppx

It was only the beginning of your career in the Royal Navy, however it was unfortunately ending faster than a... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New Realities Pt. 1/2
Chapter 2 - New Realities Pt. 2/2
Chapter 3 - The Few Pt. 1/4
Chapter 4 - The Few Pt. 2/4
Chapter 5 - The Few Pt. 3/4
Chapter 6 - The Few Pt. 4/4
Questions
Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3
Chapter 8 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 2/3
Chapter 9 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 3/3
Chapter 10 - Secrets Pt. 1/4
Chapter 11 - Secrets Pt. 2/4
Chapter 12 - Secrets Pt. 3/4
Chapter 13 - Secrets Pt. 4/4
Chapter 14 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 1/4
Chapter 15 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 2/4
Chapter 16 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 3/4
Chapter 17 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 4/4
Chapter 18 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 1/6
Chapter 19 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 2/6
Chapter 20 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 3/6
Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6
Chapter 22 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 5/6
Chapter 23 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 6/6
Chapter 24 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 1/3
Chapter 26 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 3/3
Chapter 27 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 1/3
Chapter 28 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 2/3
Chapter 29 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 3/3

Chapter 25 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 2/3

702 21 10
By Pongppx

Eleven hours earlier...

In Alan's office, Bureau 10 Building, Sand Island, Naval Air Station Midway Islands, Midway Atoll.

12:30

     Y/n was sitting on a chair when Alan approached him with several letters. Alan placed all of them onto the table and then sat down.

Alan: "Letters from the President and the people in Washington. You have been awarded the Navy Cross and the Distinguished Flying Cross."

Y/n: "How about you, Alan?"

Alan: "I also got the Navy Cross. Thinking about it though, I think you're the second officer to receive both our Navy Cross and the British Victoria Cross. I think the first was, Ronald Niel Stuart."

Y/n: "I see."

Alan: "The people in Washington are quite proud of our victory over the Sirens, even though there were still some form of resistance from the Revanchists, particulary King. Luckily, the President personally intervened and authorized our awards faster than anyone else."

Y/n: "Good for you."

     Alan looked at Y/n who was reading a letter and sighed. He then searched for his letters on the table.

Y/n: "At least I don't have to go meet your President in his White House."

Alan: "You should be proud of it, Y/n. By the way, your medals are attached to the letters."

Y/n: "Got it."

Alan: "Also, prepare for some kind of celebration at around midnight."

Y/n: "Alright, see you later then."

Alan: "You too."

     Alan stood up, grabbed the letters sent to him and walked out of the office while Y/n was still checking each letter one by one.

Present...

7th of June 1942

00:00

     Y/n was still not drunk despite taking several glasses of wine. However, it was the opposite for Alan and Yorktown who were now completely drunk.

Yorktown: "You know, Y/n, looking back, I have some regrets. Like if I knew you were THIS good? I'd've been more HONEST with myself."

Y/n: "Then why don't you be more honest with yourself now?"

Yorktown: "..."

Enterprise: "Get off me...!"

     Y/n looked at Enterprise in her gorgeous black dress being assaulted by someone who he didn't expect to be here. It was Commander Eduard Wallace, who was even worse than his normal-self when he's drunk.

Eduard: "You're mine now!"

Y/n: "I am afraid not."

     Y/n grabbed Eduard's left hand and threw him over to the ground. Eduard tried to stand up and stablize himself but failed to do so.

Eduard: "Ah...look. The god damn bastard who put me in the Far East in the first place...How does it feels being awarded the Victoria Cross?"

Y/n: "I believe it has nothing to do with you, sir."

Eduard: "You don't have to call me sir when I am about to beat you up."

Y/n: "Is that so, sir? Too bad then."

     Eduard tried to punch Y/n in the face but Y/n managed to grab his fist and twist his right arm. Eduard screamed out in pain.

     Out of desperation, Eduard charged Y/n and managed to catch him. He then pushed Y/n through several tables as Y/n ended up on a wall.

     Y/n struck Eduard's neck with his right elbow, paralyzing him. Then, he grabbed Eduard's hair and knocked Eduard out with a knee to the face.

Enterprise: "Lieutenant Commander, are you alright?!"

Y/n: "Kind of."

     By then, a pair of two Army Military Police sergeants have already arrived at the scene. They tried to apprehend both Y/n and Eduard but they were stopped by an angry Alan.

Alan: "If you wanted to take someone with you, then take this piece of shit before I throw him out myself."

Army MP1: "If you say so, sir." 

     Eduard was pulled up by the two MPs as they both walked out of the hall. Y/n wiped the dust off his uniform and stood back up. Alan was still angry over the fact that his party was ruined by someone who he already hates.

Enterprise: "I am sorry, Lieutenant Commander. Only if I had my riggings..."

Y/n: "Don't even think of it, Enterprise."

Enterprise: "But-"

Alan: "Come on! Let's just continue this party..."

Y/n: "You're already too drunk, Alan. We should end the party here."

Alan: "...Alright, whatever...By the way, do you mind carrying Yorktown to her room? She's sleeping over there."

     Y/n turned back to Yorktown who was resting her head on the table. He walked over to the table and wiped Yorktown's hair off her face before he carried her.

Y/n: "Take it easy, Alan."

Alan: "Of course! Hehe..."

     Y/n walked out of the hall with Yorktown still asleep. Y/n was starting to feel a little tipsy as he opened the door and walked inside.

     Y/n placed Yorktown on the bed as he shakes his head. He felt a little tired from his fight with Eduard earlier.

     Y/n turned back, only to find out that Yorktown was awake. She pulled him in and kissed him, Y/n was caught completly by surprise.

     Y/n slowly pushed Yorktown back onto the bed and started taking off his uniform while still kissing Yorktown. His heart was beating rather fast.

     Y/n wanted to stop but he couldn't control himself, it was as if he couldn't hold back anymore as he slowly begins to take off Yorktown's dress. They separated from the kiss for a while to take a breath.

Yorktown: "I want all of you, Y/n...Give me all you have..."

Y/n: "...As you wish, my beautiful lady."

Six hours later...

6:00

     Y/n opened his eyes, only to see that both himself and Yorktown were still naked with Yorktown clinging onto him.

     Y/n moved his head closer to Yorktown's head and kissed her. Yorktown opened her eyes but she was confused about what happened.

Yorktown: "Y/n...? Why-"

     Yorktown immediately brushed and tried to hide her face under the blanket as she realized what happened.

Y/n: "I will take care of you, Yorktown."

Yorktown: "A-are you truly prepared to leave your mark on someone like me, Y/n...?"

Y/n: "Of course. Will you believe in me?"

Yorktown: "Yes. I believe in you, Y/n, as well as myself and the present day...The light beyond the darkness...I think I have finally found it."

Y/n: "I gave you quite a hard time, so please rest for now, my lady."

     Yorktown rested her head on Y/n's chest before falling asleep again while Y/n kept looking at Yorktown's face.

     Suddenly, there were knocks on the door. Y/n softly moved Yorktown head onto the pillow and got off the bed.

     Y/n took a quick shower before he put on his uniforms. Once he finished dressing up, he opened the door.

Alan: "Come with me, Y/n. The Yorktown's sinking."

Y/n: "What happened? Wasn't she being towed?"

Alan: "A Japanese submarine broke through the escorts perimeter and scored two hits on the Yorktown. Hammann was also sunk."

Y/n: "Let's hurry up then."

     Y/n left the room and followed Alan onto a Consolidated PBY-5A preparing to take off for a patrol.

An hour later...

Over USS Yorktown, Northeast of Midway

7:00

     Two PBY's appeared over the Yorktown, one of which was carrying Y/n and Alan. By then, Yorktown was about to capsize to port.

     All ships around her half-lowered their colors in salute. All hands who were topside took off their covers and came to attention, some with tears in their eyes. 

     The two PBYs dipped their wing in final salute as she rolled upside-down and slowly sank, stern first with her battleflags still flying. For most, the sinking went quitely but for Y/n, he was preparing himself to explain this to Yorktown.

Alan: "Like the great lady she was."

Y/n: "It's unfortunate we lost her."

     Y/n took off his peaked cap while Alan looked at him. Alan knew that Y/n have to explain this to Yorktown in a way or another.

Alan: "Do you want me to help?

Y/n: "No thank you. I can do this myself."

Alan: "Good luck then."

An hour and a half later...

8:30

In Yorktown's room within the Bureau 10 Building, Sand Island, Naval Air Station Midway Islands, Midway Atoll.

Yorktown: "So that was why you left me alone on the bed...am I right?"

Y/n: "I apologize for that, Yorktown."

Yorktown: "..."

     Yorktown pulled Y/n closer to her as she kissed him. Yorktown pushed Y/n onto the bed before she separated and moved her head closer to his left ear.

Yorktown: "I am not upset over the fact that I was sunk. However, I am more upset over the fact that you left me without waking me up...So we will have to go for another round."

Y/n: "Are you sure you won't get too exhausted, Yorktown? After all we've alr-"

     Yorktown playfully placed her finger on Y/n's lip as he stopped talking. She also started taking off his uniform's buttons one by one.

Yorktown: "Weren't you the one who told me to be more honest with myself?"

Y/n: "You will get what you asked for, my lady."

     Y/n pulled Yorktown closer to him and rolled over. Their chests were now pinning against each other.

Yorktown: "...I love you, Y/n."

Y/n: "Me too, Yorktown...Me too."

     Yorktown took off her own clothes as they both kissed each other again. Y/n took a deep breath before he begins another hot romantic session with Yorktown.

1st of July 1942

RNAS Hatston, Kirkwall, Orkney, Scotland.

12:45

     A Short Sunderland landed on the airfield, waiting for its arrival was George and Dr. Aiden. However, the first person to walk off the Sunderland wasn't Y/n, but it was instead Yorktown, she has been recently reassigned as an liaison officer to the British Section F.

George: "Y/n...I allowed you to have several girlfriends so you got yourself another one?"

Y/n: "Allow me to explain myself, George."

George: "No you don't have to, Y/n. I was just kidding with you."

Y/n: "Perhaps that's right. George, this is Yorktown."

George: "Maybe we can reach an agreement, Yorktown."

Yorktown: "Of course..."

     George quickly pulled Yorktown in and whispered something into her ears. Yorktown nodded as they both looked at Y/n. Y/n knew right then and there what kind of agreement was being reached between the two of them.

Aiden: "Well then, Lieutenant Commander. We should get going, I am rather hungry now!"

Y/n: "Sure thing, Aiden. Fish & Chips again?"

Aiden: "Of course, Lieutenant Commander! Yours Fish & Chips are truly the best."

George: "Two plates for me!"

Yorktown: "Hm...I would certainly love to taste your food, Y/n."

Y/n: "Of course of course..."

5th of July 1942

Scapa Flow Naval Base, Orkney, Scotland.

10:25

     Y/n was in the parade ground, inspecting a company of Royal Marines from a downsized 2nd Mobile Naval Base Defence Organisation (MNBDO) recently assigned to guard Section F.

     The Marines simply know that this section was now under their responsiblity but they didn't know why. Even their commander, Captain William wasn't informed prior to being assigned.

Y/n: "Captain William. My name's Lieutenant Commander-"

William: "Y/n L/n, sir. We all here know you, sir. Your reputation has spread far and wide as a fighter ace, we all volunteered to be assigned here sir."

Y/n: "I see, glad to have your lads here then."

William: "It's our pleasure, sir."

     Y/n made the inspection quick and surprisingly short for the Marines. After his motivational speech, he dismissed the Marines from the parade ground.

10th of July 1942

16:45

     Y/n was sitting in his office, clearing all the paperwork piled up on his desk when he went to the Pacific when he received a phone call from the Admiralty.

Y/n: "Lieutenant Commander Y/n L/n, at your service sir."

Dudley: "Y/n? Thank god, you're back."

Y/n: "Sir? What seems to be the problem?"

Dudley: "You're being assigned to the 802 Naval Air Squadron again, Y/n. However I wanted to inform you that, you will be only staying in the North Sea area until further notices."

Y/n: "That's fine by me, sir. Have you just reformed 802 NAS, sir?"

Dudley: "Of course not. It was reformed at Yeovilton since February, Y/n."

Y/n: "My bad then, sir. However, you seems to be a little upset sir. What happened if I may ask?"

Dudley: "It's nothing, Y/n. Bloody German U-boats and aircraft sunk twenty four merchant ships from Convoy PQ 17."

Y/n: "That's-"

     Someone knocked on Y/n's office door in a hurry just as Y/n was about to finish his last document. He quickly cocked his pistol.

Y/n: "Hold on, sir. I will call you later."

Dudley: "Take care, Lieutenant Commander."

     Y/n hung up on the call almost at the same time as Dudley. Y/n stood up and walked over to the door. He looked through the peephole, it was one of Damian's mechanics so Y/n decided to open the door.

Y/n: "Alright, take a deep breath and calm down. What happened?"

Mechanic: "Warrant Officer Damian, he was..."

Mechanic: "He was shot, sir."

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out that since I uploaded the previous chapter a few hours late, I decided to give your guys one more round with Yorktown on the bed. The next chapter hints: Operation "Jubilee" and "Ian Fleming".

Since there are no responds so far about the discord server. I will put it on hold for now but no worries, this story will be uploaded as usual since my school apparently appeared to be within the Red Zone designated by the Thai Government so the opening date got postponed lol.

As always if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the story. Don't be afraid to write it down in the comment section down below, I will be sure to read it!

See you in the next chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 437 27
Well it's done. All Sirens are confirmed destroyed, the Crimson Axis has surrendered and have joined forces with the rest of Azur lane and peace was...
4.2K 99 26
In the aftermath of the Second Great War, a conflict that ravaged the world through clashes between factions centered around ship girls, a new era em...
15.4K 894 62
The second book of Azur Lane: Kaiserin has arrived and with it comes action, adventure, deception and romance!! Will our beloved Kaiserin find true h...
48.5K 738 18
"I felt my heart beat a little faster than before. Is it because of my work? No, it wasn't. It's something new." Erljohn Lebosada is a gifted child o...