WAIT FOR ME ⇾ LUKE SKYWALKER...

By sarahsyndulla

After the events of Bespin (Empire Strikes Back), Luke joined his father, Darth Vader and became a Sith appre... More

epigraph
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty

chapter thirteen

618 36 4
By sarahsyndulla

chapter thirteen: the deal

Soyara Pov

When I regained consciousness for the second time, I realized that Luke was nowhere to be seen. As I sat up, propping myself up with my elbows, I began to feel a burning sensation in my head, right above my left eyebrow. The pain was unbearable as it began throbbing.

       This pain was like nothing else I had ever experienced as it began to pick apart my mind, piece by piece, chipping away at an unknown source. It only worsened as a new figure stepped into the room, someone far worse than I had thought, Darth Vader. His deep breaths echoed in my mind, fueling the pain. However, as I was about to cry out, it stopped. I was left confused and afraid. What was that?

       Vader spoke deeply, "So you're the girl my son spoke so highly of?"

       Despite my fear, I was still able to smirk, "Which one? I'm afraid there have been a few girls throughout Luke's life. Aunt Beru, Leia, the mechanic I caught him with by the storage closet..."

       "Enough. It would seem your dry commentary matches that of your adoptive brother, Han Solo." He replied, completely unphased.

He knows. What else did Luke-I-mean Darth Malevolence share?

Before I could ask, the Sith lord waved his hand dismissively, "Young Soyara, it would serve your best interest to remain silent. The Emperor and I would prefer to see you face the same fate as your master, however, I believe that you serve a purpose that the Emperor does not yet see. So, it would seem that you now have a choice."

       A choice? Why do I get the feeling that it's not exactly going to be a fair one?

"You will serve as a test for Darth Malevolence. It's come to my attention that he believes you can be turned. I, on the contrary, do not. I sense your feelings to be stronger than most Jedi I have killed, but I also sense a great sense of stubbornness in you. Here is your choice. I will let my son attempt to persuade you, but if he does not, he fails this test and must face the Emperor's chosen punishment. If you are successfully turned, he will pass, and you will be allowed to leave if you choose to." He folded his arms over his chest as he waited for my response.

I thought about my options. What choice did I have? He knew I'd never turn, but would I if I knew I was putting Luke in danger?

I asked, "What is the chosen punishment?"

Darth Vader chuckled darkly underneath his mask, "That is for you to find out, young Soyara. It all depends on you."

I reluctantly bowed my head in defeat, "I understand."

      "Good. Now, there is one thing you must remember. Darth Malevolence is to know nothing of this deal. If he is to figure out the nature of this test, it will be an automatic failure resulting in his punishment and your immediate termination. Am I clear?"

       I reluctantly nodded, "Yes."

      "I am looking forward to watching your progress, young Soyara. Don't let him down." With that he left, his cape swishing ominously behind him.

I struggled with the "choice" he gave me. It was either a death sentence for me and a chance for Luke Skywalker's return, or my chance to live but at the cost of Luke's suffering.

I tossed and turned that night in the cot, unable to find relief from this thought of turning to the dark side to save him. Finally, I ripped off the thin sheets and slipped out of the cot. I need answers, and I'm not going to find them here. Once I was on my feet, I silently crept out to the hallway, clothed in nothing but a hospital gown. The sound of marching made me freeze momentarily, but the familiar white armor of stormtroopers never passed by. I glanced momentarily outside the door to see the last trooper follow down a different hallway before I took my first step out of the room. From there, I let my feet take me wherever they led me.

        I wandered the ship, making sure to avoid any stormtroopers and officers. As I walked the ship's various hallways and corridors, I tried to keep track of how many turns I took, but after just a few, I found myself lost. Not again. My wandering finally led me to a room with the door left ajar and the sound of grunting and rustling coming from inside. Out of curiosity, I managed to sneak a peek inside the room, but I only saw a flash of black streak across my limited view.

Suddenly, the room fell silent. I knew better than to stick around, so I started to rush off, but I was quickly stopped, "Sor?"

At first I panicked at the sound of the name I used as a cover within Delta Squad, but the warm hand on my shoulder let me know it was someone far worse than anyone from the TIE pilot squad, Darth Malevolence. I turned around slowly, not looking him in the eye.

       He chuckled, "What are you doing creeping around in a medical gown?"

       I pulled at the short sleeves, thinking of an answer. "I was trying to find you," I easily lied. I knew he'd see through it, but if I was honest, there wasn't a particular reason I was sneaking around anyway. I could have said I was looking for the hangar bay, but we both knew I couldn't leave, not when I knew I had a chance to save Luke from himself.

      "Looks like you've found me. So what's really going on?" He tilted his head slightly, a strand of blonde hair falling into his eyes.

      "I-I just..." I stuttered as I made eye contact. Lying with Han on smuggling runs used to be so easy. Why can't I seem to do it now? "I just needed to see you."

     This time, he hummed, looking me up and down, before speaking, "I see. Come on, let's find you some more suitable clothing and then we can talk." He began to walk down the opposite direction, but I was planted on the floor, seemingly unable to move.

After a moment, he looked back at me, "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise." The softness of his gaze seemed so sincere, so kind that I found myself following after him, nearly jogging to catch up to him.

       We walked down the hallways, enjoying each other's company until I broke the refreshing silence, "There's something I just can't understand about you, Luke." He flinched at mention of his true name. "How were you able to turn to the dark side? I just can't believe the boy from Tatooine was ever capable of such darkness."

       He sighed, "Soyara, listen to me. I know you continue to switch between my old name and my new name, but that has to stop. Luke Skywalker died on Bespin. He's gone. I'm Darth Malevolence now, and I have to ask you to call me that if you're going to be training with me."

       "So Vader told you?"

      He nodded, "I have to say I'm surprised by the decision, but I believe we can make this work."

       "Luke..."

"You'll finally be free from all of the lies of the Jedi, and will get to be here with—"

"Luke, you've got it all wrong."

At my statement, he stopped in his tracks, "What do you mean?"

I shook my head, "We both know turning to the Sith ways is not an option for me. I can't abandon the Jedi, the Rebellion, and those that are counting on me. My mission still hasn't changed."

Darth Malevolence's brow furrowed, "Your mission?"

"To bring you home. Luke—"

He clenched his fists and tightened his jaw, "That's not my name." He whipped around, "And I won't go back. Not now, not ever. You don't understand the power of the dark side, the liberating feeling of true, raw strength. This is my home now. You're wasting your time."

"Not when it comes to my best friend." I smiled softly.

I saw the ghost of a saddened smile on his lips before he shook his head once more, "I'm sorry Soyara, but he's not coming back." He punched in the code for his quarters to his left and beckoned me inside, "Come on, before Vader finds out you were walking around the ship with only a medical gown on."

I nodded, letting him lead me inside. Since our first encounter through the Force, nothing in his room had changed. The walls were bare except for a shelf of books that I assumed were to help with his training. I ran a hand along the comforter of his bed, smiling at the familiar feel of heavy bantha wool. Darth Malevolence dug through a dresser in the left most corner of the room, grumbling about not being able to find anything that wasn't too big for my smaller frame.

Finally, he pulled out a black tunic, matching black trousers, and dark grey arm wraps that were similar to what I would imagine the Jedi robes in the Order would have looked like. He held them out to me and gave me a sort of lopsided smile, "These were made for me when I arrived as training clothes, but I can't say that I fit them as well as you would."

He blushed lightly as I grinned, "It's perfect. Thank you."

      "You're welcome."

I quickly rushed into the nearby refresher room attached to his quarters and changed into the beautifully crafted clothes. The fabric fit me well as it was loose, yet not baggy. I looked in the mirror in the room, admiring the new look but also reminding myself that this was only temporary. Soon enough, I'd have my Luke back, and I would be able to slip back into my blue and grey ones. Just for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 48 4
Starkiller was an apprentice to darth vader, he would follow his commands without question, he would hunt jedi that survived the massacre and give in...
821 32 7
On Endor, Luke Skywalker shares a vision with Darth Vader of what the future could hold. That sets him off on another path as he struggles to do some...
5.8K 151 30
What if there was a third Skywalker? What if that third Skywalker was found by the Empire? Luea Skywalker is a normal girl on her small moon until th...
60.9K 1.4K 30
What if, Darth Vader's trap set for Luke Skywalker on Bespin had not failed? What if, the son of Anakin Skywalker could be turned? Disclaimer: I do n...