The Five Mythicals

By LostChild911

The story of the mythical beings was real after all. First-Person Perspective. Alternative Universe. Art: @ni... More

The Beginning
Mori's Regret
Finding Gura and a Bird?
Mori's Arrival
Finding Another Guest
Wah!
New Year's Special
The detective gives a Confession
Amelia's Present
Amelia Birthday'son Tribute
Running is Fun
The Tako Dream
Moshi Moshi
Shark Check Up
SideStory-SameTori
A Predator's Catch
Finding Gura Part 2
Marriage Proposal
New Wife (?)
Hide and Seek
Death and the Undead
Phoenix Diary
Birb Shopping List
Complicated Feelings
Nothing
Aquarium Trip
Death Convo
The Happenings
Sweet Dreams
The Rising Phoenix
Last Ride
Ina-terlude
TAKAMORI FOREVER
Afterwards/Credits

Reunion

936 40 11
By LostChild911

"Gura, I'm home."

"Well come back, detective."

While Miss Watson was greeting her house guest, I followed her to the dining area where she said Kusotori was present. Hopefully, I don't take too much of her time because I have other jobs I need to get back in the Underworld. I find it peculiar she let a complete stranger inside her house. We talked a bit coming here but this type of hospitality was too much for me. I think no one would openly invite death into their own home but she is letting Kusotori stay here. I guess I should feel thankful.

Just one more turn until we arrived in the dining area. I felt nervous. Should I go with the usual act or profusely apologize to her for my actions? Even though I know she won't have her memories when I arrive, the guilt consumed me from within.

At last, we arrived before I could reach a conclusion.

"Miss Calli, Is this the lady you were looking for?"

What I saw before me was two people. One was Kusotori and the other was a girl with a tail of a shark and the body of a human. She greeted me politely.

"Nice to meet ya, lady. My name is Gawr Gura. You can just call me Gura. Ame does it all the time."

"The pleasure is all mine, I'm Calliope Mori. You can call me Calli if it seems fit for you to do so."

No wonder she seems so unfazed by my introduction. She was already acquainted with a mysterious creature. That makes sense.

They were sitting on both sides at the dining table when I and Miss Watson arrived. Kusotori looked at me in a daze when I showed up. Oblivious to who or what just entered the room.

She spoke:

"Pi...Pi...Pi...Do...I...know....you...?"

Miss Watson commented:

"This is the first time she ever spoke actual words. She wasn't answering any of my questions."

I walked up to her and stood up beside the table while she was looking at me with a daze-like look in her eyes. She turned her head when she was talking to me. I am also unsure what to say at this moment.

"..."

"Ame, what's going on?"

"Let the situation be as it is, she will explain soon. Right now, let's just quietly observe."

"If you say so."

***

"Enma-chan, are you listening to me?"

"Looks like we arrived late."

Enma-chan and I weren't casually going to our destination on foot but we were in a Limousine heading there. Since this is the only vehicle that can fit my tentacles in it without taking too much space. While I was lecturing her about the importance of caffeine and cup noodles, it looked like we finally arrived.

"Enma-chan, the X-Ray binoculars, I need to see this."

"Patience, Ina, Patience."

"I need to know if it is going to be a good ending or a bad ending. There's no time to talk about..., I can sense it happening right now with my powers, my tentacles are tingling."

"Here, Here, Take it."

"Thank you Enma-chan."

We were in front of the house that was fully painted in blue, I wind down the heavily tinted windows to get a good look at the reunion they were now happening.

Maybe I should invite myself when they are finished.

I looked through my binoculars and politely eavesdropped on the events happening.

***

"I...feel...like...I...know...you...but... from...where?"

How long is this gonna take? Calm down Calli. Just do it like you did before.

"Kusotori, Do you remember me?"

"I..."

"We are more than friends but less than lovers, at least that is how it seems to me."

"Who..."

"My name is Calli, don't you remember me?"

"Calli?..., Calli..., Calli?"

Miss Watson interrupted the interaction and tossed me a question.

"Sorry to interrupt but would you like to explain what's going on?"

"I don't mind, we're in your home after all. She is a Phoenix and every time she's reborn, she loses her memories. Although it isn't permanent, she loses her memories for an unspecified period of time. Taking her action into consideration, I know she isn't faking to get my attention. She would have spoken to you if that was the case."

"Interesting. Very Interesting indeed."

She was deep in thought after I said those words and Gura was doing the same. Or was she pretending?

"Hmmm, Naruhodo."

I turn my attention back to Kusotori.

"Calli...Calli...Calli...Calli...Calli...Calli..."

"..."

"Calli...Calli...Calli..."

"..."

"Calli...Calli...Calli...HUHHH???"

The realization hit her like a truck. Her eyes are beginning to show signs of life. About time.

Thank god she remembers me.

"CALLI, MY BABY CALLI, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO WITHOUT YOU. I MISS YOU SO MUCH. I'M SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT YOU AGAIN. CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, CHU, MU-WAH, MU-WAH, MU-WAH, MU-WAH, MU-WAH. YOU'RE CUTE AS EVER. I SWEAR I'LL NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU AGAIN."

She was all up on me, hugging me, kissing me, sniffing me, snuggling me, whispering some 'stuff' into my ear. Oh god no. Why?!!!. I mean, I'm glad, but jeez, PLEASE STOP. Mmmm. GUHHH.

"Kusotori, please stop. The homeowners are feeling some type of way because of you."

"Gura, you wanna hug?"

"AME, WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT NOW?!, PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME YOU, NOOO. DON'T TOUCH ME!!!."

"You're so cute. Just one hug, people do it all the time. There's nothing lewd about it."

"THE FACT YOU ASKING ME THAT NOW MEANS YOUR TOYING WITH ME, I KNOW YOUR SCHEMES, YOU CAN'T FOOL ME!!!."

"Not even one?, you're so mean."

"Deal with it, Gosh. This girl."

***

"Enma-chan, I don't know how to feel about this, maybe I shouldn't go inside."

"How about we greet them when they are leaving? She needs an arbiter to go back to the underworld after all."

"Yes, your right Enma-chan. The amount of kissing going on is too much for my takodachi-loving heart. You should look on instead of me."

"If you wish."

***

"CAN YOU STOP NOW, KUSOTORI?!!!. ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?!!!. YOU HAD YOUR FILL OF KISSES."

"Mmmm. Just one dozen more pleassseeee?"

"I HEARD THAT."

Someone just entered the house through the front door. Aggressive footsteps can be heard getting louder and louder getting close to the dining area. They were two of them and one person seemed to be walking quite fast. They finally appeared before the dining area.

"Calliope Mori, Takanashi Kiara. Yo-u 'ave dis-disturbed the homeowners long-long-long enough. I think the Ancient ones would like you to leave."

The room was filled with tentacles, wiggling in swimming like fashion throughout the area. Taking almost all the remaining space within it. She was stuttering while speaking with a flushed expression on her face, unable to hide her discomfort or inexperience of what she just saw. Was she watching us?

"Yes, We really should leave. Most definitely. You heard the lady, let's go."

"Calli, what about the dozen kisses you promise me?"

"I promised no such thing, Kusotori."

"What about the date?"

I have to be careful with my response to this question or a repeat of this situation will happen again.

"Um, Sure. Whatever, I got time."

"..."

"I got all the time in the world, literally anything you want to do, I will do it. Anywhere you want to go, I will be with you. As long as it is within my power, I will take care of anything you want. Just please, please don't let this happen again."

My willpower no longer exists after what I just said. I don't even want to look at my reflection.

"Calli, did you just propose to me?"

"Of-of-of-of-of course not!"

"CALLI JUST PROPOSE TO ME!"

"DON'T SAY THAT OUT LOUD KUSOTORI!"

Ina was saying something but I was busy dealing with Kusotori.

"Enma-chan, what's going on?"

"Things lovers do are going on, don't pay too much attention to it."

Gura as well.

"Ame, what's going on?"

"Do you really want to know, well, do you?"

"Nevermind. Jeez, I shouldn't even asked."

"Gura, About that hug."

"How many times do I have to say no, just stop already."

***

One hour had passed since the chaos that was Kusotori and Ina's welcome. Events had passed since our unwanted physical bond, or should I say, reunion with one another. All of us, now acquainted and were now in the backyard of Miss Watson. I want to leave as soon as possible because imposing any longer will make me feel some type of way that I can't even explain right now. Ina, the arbiter, opens a portal to the Underworld and we are now leaving the Human Realm. I never feel so drained in my life.

"Thank you very much for making Kiara stay here."

I bowed to them.

"Now, now, there is no need for that. The Watson residence opens its doors to anyone as long they aren't truly evil beings."

I don't know how to respond to that.

"Thank you for letting me stay. It was quite rude of me to not answer your questions."

"There's no need for that either, Who wouldn't make a cute like you not staying at their house?"

We say our goodbyes to them and we're about to enter the portal that Ina opened up for us. I'm so tired.

"I don't wanna."

Say what now?

"What was it Kusotori?, I didn't catch that."

"I don't want to go, I what to explore this place and go on a date here like a couple."

Oh, no.

"But the Ancient ones won't allow such a thing. This happened too many times. I rather not get on their bad side any longer by being here."

"But how come Gura can stay here but not us?"

She pointed at her.

"She really isn't a mythical being. Mythical beings like us including Ina should stay a myth, not actually existing. In Gura's case, maybe she got special permission from someone higher up or something."

"I see. I understand."

Thank god that explanation worked.

Ina spoke to us.

"Are you two ready?"

We both answered,

"Yes, we are."

We both said our official good-byes. We now entered the portal and in that instance, and we were on the side in front of my house.

"Where should we go on our date?"

"Wherever you want to go, Kusotori."

"My, my, Calli, you're so forward today."

"Let's go already."

"Yes ma'am. MU-WAH"

Guuuuuhhhhhh.

***

"Sorry for intruding."

"I and Ina are very sorry."

They both bowed to me. Gura and I were both flustered a bit.

"Don't worry, not one bit."

They took their leave. Gura and I still were outside, what a day.

"You still don't want that hug?"

"Fine, fine, I'll do it, geez."

Gura and I embraced one another. Even though she's just short of my height, the way she holds me feels like I'm holding a child. Innocent and pure.

"Gura, I have something to explain to you, will you listen to me for a moment?"

"Why the serious tone, Ame?"

"Will you listen to me?"

"Sure. I do not have a problem."

Hope she doesn't take this with a grain of salt. I want to be honest with my feelings just like those two were.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 128 14
One day, a boy named Auburn wakes up washed on the shores of a beach, far from home and with no memory of where he came from. He is met by a small gi...
763 34 14
Season 1 of the Island City Series After landing a job at the KFP branch in the island city, Takano, where the CEO, Takanashi Kiara, works, Kyou Hits...
32.3K 1.3K 38
In the modern age, all kinds of wonders and beauty exist within the mortal world that one may call Earth. Such are the sights, wildlife and humans wi...
40.7K 1.6K 200
Calli had killed Kiara for the thousandth time, but this time she felt empty. The joy she felt was replaced by loneliness. She was awaiting Kiara's r...