Cad Bane's Apprentice

By Fanatic_Squared

Her parents gave her to the bounty hunter in order to spare their lives, but being a bounty hunter he killed... More

Holocron Heist
Cargo of Doom
Children of the Force
Bounty Hunters
Landing at Point Rain
Weapons Factory
Brain Invaders
Grievous Intrigue
The Deserter
Death Trap
R2 Come Home
Lethal Trackdown
Question
ARC Troopers
Hunting for Ziro
Filler (Flashback)
Witches of the Mist
Filler (Flashback Pt. 2)
Padawans Lost
Padawans Lost [2]
Friends and Enemies
Friends and Enemies [2]
Friends and Enemies [3]
Friends and Enemies [4]
The Box
The Box [2]
The Box [3]
Crisis on Naboo
Crisis on Naboo [2]
Crisis on Naboo [3]
Crisis on Naboo [4]
Darkness on Umbara
Darkness on Umbara [2]
The General
The General [2]
The General [3]
Plan of Dissent
Plan of Dissent [2]
Plan of Dissent [3]
Plan of Dissent [4]
Carnage of Krell
Carnage of Krell [2]
Carnage of Krell [3]
Kidnapped
Kidnapped [2]
Slaves of the Republic
Slaves of the Republic [2]
Slaves of the Republic [3]
Escape from Kadavo
Escape from Kadavo [2]
A Test of Strength
A Test of Strength [2]

Darkness on Umbara [3]

321 12 1
By Fanatic_Squared

"Quicken that pace, battalion. This isn't some training course on Kamino," General Krell ordered as he, Skysati, and the troops moved forward.

"The new general has a way with words," Fives noted.

"He's just trying to keep us on schedule," Rex reasoned.

"By raising everyone's ire?" Skysati muttered.

Rex heard the comment "Either way, he's in charge, and we've got a job to do. Just treat him with respect, and we'll all get along fine,"

Skysati moved for her lightsaber as she saw the flying creatures above them "Ready your weapons," she dodged as the creature made to grab her but instead, it grabbed a trooper.

General Krell jumped above the troops and tore through the creature. "Does anyone else want to stop and play with the animals?" He glared at Skysati who remained unmoved "Didn't think so. Now keep moving!"

***

A trooper walked up to Skysati as they continued on "Sir, we've been keeping this pace for 12 hours now. The men are getting worn down. We should rest,"

Rex went to talk to Krell, but Skysati stopped him.

"I'll talk to him," Skysati went ahead "Master Krell, the top of this ridge will make a good place for the men to make camp,"

"The men don't need rest," Master Krell proclaimed "They need the resolve to complete the task at hand,"

"But sir..."

"Do you understand the need to adhere to my strategy?"

"Sir, the terrain is extremely hostile. Despite the difficulty of the conditions, the battalion is making good time. These men just need a little break,"

"Youngling, do I need to remind you of this battalion's strategic mission in conquering this planet?" General Krell pointed back at the troopers "Look back. See those platoons? Their mission is to take this city and take it swiftly. Time and rest are luxuries the Republic cannot afford. We are the key to this invasion. The other battalions are counting on our support. If we fail, everyone fails. Do you understand this?" He looked back at the troopers "Do all of you understand this? Now, move on!"

***

Rex took his turn to speak with General Krell as he readied the troops "Sir, we're ready to bring our forward platoons in for a surgical strike on the city's defenses,"

"There won't be any need, Captain," General Krell proclaimed.

"Sir?"

"All platoons will execute a forward assault along the main route to the city,"

"But, sir, General Skywalker's plan was to surprise them with multiple attacks. If we come in from the main route they're likely to engage us in a full-frontal assault,"

"Change of plans, Captain. I'm in command now,"

"With all due respect, General we don't know what we are up against,"

"It might be wiser to think first,"

General Krell turned towards Rex, Five's had to stop Skysati from doing something. "Are you questioning my order?" He showed Rex a holo map "This battalion will take the main road straight to the capital. You will not stop and you will not turn back regardless of the resistance you meet. We will attack them with all our troops not some sneak attack with a few men. That is my order and you will follow it explicitly. Do I make myself clear, CT-7567?"

"Yes, General,"

"Now, engage,"

Once Rex walked by her, Skysati joined his side.

"The moment we get to Master Kenobi, I'm having your men join us," Skysati said.

***

"So why aren't we sticking to the original plan?" A trooper asked.

"And probing the city defenses first?" Fives added.

"We can do this." Hardcase said, "Let's take 'em!"

"Yeah, leave it to Hardcase to dive in head-first. The general's new plan is reckless,"

"You ever think that maybe the general knows what he is doing?" A trooper argued.

Fives looked over at Skysati "I know you think this is a bad idea,"

"I raised my objection to General Krell's plan but he didn't agree," Rex shrugged "So this is it,"

"Well, what if he's wrong? Then what?"

"This isn't the time for a debate. Right now, we have to stay alert,"

"It's too quiet out there," Skysati finally spoke up. She jumped when a mine went off flinging a trooper up in the air. "Mines! Nobody move!"

Once it was silent again, troopers stood up to check their wounded.

"Oz is down. So is Ringo,"

"Can you sweep 'em?" Skysati asked Fives.

Fives moved ahead and used a scanner to reveal locations of the hidden mines "There are more over here. Looks like the whole road's been booby-trapped,"

"Everyone, watch your step," Skysati ordered.

A shot rang out towards the rear.

"This day couldn't get any better?" Skysati asked sarcastically as she ignited her lightsaber.

"We're completely exposed!" A trooper exclaimed.

"Hold your ground!" Rex ordered.

"You want a piece of this?" Hardcase asked the Umbarans as he fired at them.

"I think Hardcase made 'em mad," A trooper said.

"We're blown!"

"The Umbarans are advancing!"

"Make 'em eat heat!" Hardcase exclaimed.

An Umbaran jumped down and attacked Skysati.

Skysati flipped the attacker off her as Rex fired at him point blank. "Thanks,"

"They're coming from all directions," A trooper said. "We don't have any cover!"

"We need to pull back," Skysati ordered "Get them to follow us. If we can draw them out, we can see them. If we can see them, we can hit them. All squads, pull back now!"

"This can't be good," Fives noted.

Skysati used her lightsaber to deflect the shots, ensuring the troops made it back.

"Get ready!" Rex said, "Here they come!"

"Stand fast." Skysati ordered "hit 'em with everything you've got,"

"Ha, ha, ha!" Hardcase laughed as the Umbarans began to retreat "Where are you goin'? Get back here!"

"They're falling back!" Fives cheered.

General Krell pushed through the clones once the fight stopped. "CT-7567, do you have a malfunction in your design? You've pulled your forces back from taking the capital city. The enemy now has control of this route. This entire operation has been compromised because of your failure!"

"It wasn't his fault!" Skysati exclaimed as she pushed General Krell away from Rex "They were following my orders,"

"I should have known. I told the council letting in bounty hunter scum was a bad idea,"

Skysati's fists clenched at the mention.

"General Krell," Fives spoke up "in case you haven't noticed General Cyneous just saved this platoon. Surely you won't fail to recognize that,"

"ARC-5555, stand down," General Krell ordered as he ignited his lightsaber.

Skysati moved to grab hers but Rex stopped her.

"Sir, yes, sir," Fives said.

Skysati walked up to General Krell "Sir, if I may address your accusation. I followed your orders, even in the face of a plan that was, in my opinion, severely flawed a plan that cost us men, not clones! Men! As sure as it is my duty to remain loyal to the Republic and the Jedi Order I also have another duty, to protect those men,"

"You have a spark of tenacity, youngling." General Krell said "I'll give you that. I know that I don't command like your Master and certainly not like General Skywalker. But I have my way. It may be difficult but these are difficult times. And it's proven effective. I suppose your loyalty to these men is to be commended. They seem to admire this. All right, Padawan Cyneus, your opinion has been noted. Dismissed,"

Fives walked up to Skysati "I think he almost complimented you,"

Skysati wasn't paying attention as she felt a disturbance in the force and pushed Fives as another shot came through "Incoming!"

"The Umbarans must've regrouped for a counterattack," Rex noted. "Everyone, we must hold this position!"

"You think General Krell still intends on taking the capital using this strategy?" Fives asked.

"I'll get back to you on that if we survive this battle,"

"Not if, Captain." Skysati said "when,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 318 43
"𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚘" "𝚆𝚑𝚢? 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢?" 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎�...
6.2K 341 57
Rankings: #1 Ashoka 10/12/2023 🥇 12/01/2024 #4 StarWars 14/10/2023 #4 AnakinSkywalker 13/10/2023 ----------------------------- In a galaxy far, fa...
102 7 7
After the events of Order 66 and The Final Weeks: A Star Wars Story, the bounty hunter Cad Bane has his sights set on becoming the best bounty hunter...
190K 7.2K 81
• A Galaxy Divided by War• ~ The Bad Batch. Hunter. Tech. Crosshair. Wrecker. Echo. A group of elite defective clones, fighting their own way through...