An unavoidable fate | Azur La...

By Pongppx

It was only the beginning of your career in the Royal Navy, however it was unfortunately ending faster than a... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1 - New Realities Pt. 1/2
Chapter 2 - New Realities Pt. 2/2
Chapter 3 - The Few Pt. 1/4
Chapter 4 - The Few Pt. 2/4
Chapter 5 - The Few Pt. 3/4
Chapter 6 - The Few Pt. 4/4
Questions
Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3
Chapter 8 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 2/3
Chapter 9 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 3/3
Chapter 10 - Secrets Pt. 1/4
Chapter 11 - Secrets Pt. 2/4
Chapter 12 - Secrets Pt. 3/4
Chapter 13 - Secrets Pt. 4/4
Chapter 14 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 1/4
Chapter 15 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 2/4
Chapter 16 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 3/4
Chapter 17 - Homeward from Gibraltar Pt. 4/4
Chapter 18 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 1/6
Chapter 19 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 2/6
Chapter 20 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 3/6
Chapter 21 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 4/6
Chapter 22 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 5/6
Chapter 23 - Flames of Resistance Pt. 6/6
Chapter 25 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 2/3
Chapter 26 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 3/3
Chapter 27 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 1/3
Chapter 28 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 2/3
Chapter 29 - Land of the Midnight Sun Pt. 3/3

Chapter 24 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 1/3

745 21 8
By Pongppx

     Y/n walked around the Wildcat and noticed that there is a transmitter antenna of an ASV Mark II radar (Radar, Air-to-Surface Vessel, Mark II) on it. He immediately climbed onto the Wildcat and peeked into the cockpit, there was a A-scope radar display inside the cockpit.

     Y/n jumped off the Wildcat and approached Hooper who smiled at Y/n, knowing that he figured out that a radar was installed onto the Wildcat.

Y/n: "You got it from the "Tizard Mission" right?"

Hooper: "Good job figuring that out, Lieutenant Commander."

Y/n: "It's impressive you managed to put that on a Wildcat even though it's normally used on aircraft twice the size of the Wildcat."

Hooper: "Just make sure you don't get shot down or I might not be able to come up with something like this again."

Y/n: "As you wish but will it be able to take off?"

Hooper: "Oh, no worries! The wisdom cubes made everything easier..."

     Hooper said it in a rather suspicious tone but Y/n didn't mind him. Afterall, the cubes true power haven't yet been uncovered.

     Meanwhile, a group of aircrew loaded two 100 lb bombs onto the Wildcat. Y/n opened his bag and pulled the Welrod out before he concealed it under his Mae West.

     Y/n grabbed a leather helmet and rushed into the Wildcat's cockpit. He taxied the Wildcat onto the runway.

Y/n: "Alan, make sure Yorktown and her sisters are ready to launch their aircraft once I report in over the radio."

Alan: "Got it."

Yorktown: "Where are you going though, Y/n?"

Y/n: "A little reconnaissance flight. I will be fine."

Yorktown: "I hope so..."

     Y/n slided the canopy shut and took off with the Wildcat. For Y/n, the Wildcat was less maneuverable than other Wildcats but everything else feels the same.

Thirty minutes later...

Meanwhile inside a Siren battleship.

     A siren entered the Siren's Empres room while the latter was sitting on her throne. She was "Tester Beta"

Tester β: "Can I be of any use to you, Master Arbiter?"

Arbiter: "I wanted to you to test a certain human out."

Tester β: "Who's it, Master?"

Arbiter: "Y/n L/n, he's "The Key"."

Tester β: "Ho...that means "Key Code: G" will also be targeting him, Master."

Arbiter: "Of course. The L/n family is truly interesting..."

Tester β: "As you wish, Master. I will take care of The Key."

Arbiter: "Observer Alpha, stop eavesdropping on us."

Observer α: "My apologies, Master."

     Observer Alpha, the Siren responsible for observing the growth of humanity and responsible for adjusting the parameters necessary for the next simulations walked out of the corner and stood next to Tester Beta.

Tester β: "What happened outside, Alpha?"

Observer α: "A single human aircraft, nothing to worry about."

Arbiter: "I don't think so, Alpha."

Observer α: "Master Arbiter?"

     Both Observer Alpha and Tester were confused but they would soon realize that they were not the only one in the throne room. Someone fired two 9x19 Parabellum bullets at both of them but Observer's tentacles managed to catch the bullets.

     Observer Alpha was simply impressed because if her tentacles didn't catch the bullets in time, it would've found its mark on her head and the gun used to fire the bullets produced almost no sound at all. The one who fired at them was of course, Y/n. He was already familar with the room because he met Arbiter countless times within this exact room.

Y/n: "Beg your pardon, forgot to knock."

Arbiter: "Ah, Lieutenant Commander~, I have been expecting you."

Y/n: "Anyways, you mentioned that I am the key. Do you mind explaining?"

Arbiter: "In one potential future, you are one of us, Lieutenant Commander."

Y/n: "I am afraid but that totally didn't explain why am I the key."

Arbiter: "Your descendants gave us quite a hard time in the future, Lieutenant Commander. But, they're too weak when compared to you."

Y/n: "Well then. Why did you give me the hint when we met last time in my dream?"

Arbiter: "You were awake the whole time, Lieutenant Commander~. I simply summoned you to my throne."

Y/n: "That explains one thing but you still have to give me the reason you gave me that hint."

Arbiter: "You're the only human capable of entertaining me, Lieutenant Commander~. Am I right, Alpha?"

Observer α: "Of course, Master."

     Observer Alpha tried to apprehend Y/n with her tentacles but Y/n managed to evade it. But what's even more surprise to Alpha was that he managed to cleanly cut one of her tentacle's artery. If it was a normal human, he/she would've died within a minute or even a few seconds.

Observer α: "That's impressive for a human like you."

Y/n: "All thanks to this knife that is. Also, those cannons around you are probably not for fashion right?"

Observer α: "It's called Energy Manipulation, human."

Y/n: "Alright then. At least that thing shot my Wildcat down."

     Suddenly, the whole ship shakes as if there was an earthquake aboard the ship, a battle was clearly being fought outside. Y/n took this opportunity and escaped.

Tester β: "Should I chase after him, Master?"

Arbiter: "No need. This experiment has produced amazing yet unexpected results~. Prepare to withdraw the fleet on my command."

Tester β: "As you wish, Master."

Y/n P.O.V

     As I rushed to the Siren's ship deck, the battle had already started. It was the Sirens against Alan's shipgirls and what appears to be two Japanese carriers.

     I pulled out my Molins No.2 Mk.5, 1-inch calibre Very pistol and fired it into the sky. The entire area was illuminated by the flare, revealing most of the Siren's fleet. And as a bonus, I also got the attention of both the shipgirls and the Sirens.

     I finished reloading the pistol right when one of the Siren's cannon turned its barrel towards me. I fired a flare right into its barrel, it exploded right on the spot.

     I took cover behind a box-like object. It seemed to have worked, the flare I fired into the sky allowed Alan's shipgirls to properly attack the Siren ships. I have to figure out a way to get off this ship without having all the other cannons on the ship turning me into ashes.

Third P.O.V

     Alan was looking at the scene of the battle from afar aboard an Elco 77 ft PT boat (patrol torpedo boat), he knows that the flare fired from the Siren ship in the middle of their fleet was of course Y/n's one but he has yet to figure out a way to break in there.

Alan: "Enterprise, do you hear me? Ignore the procedure."

     The radio shatters but with no respond. Alan waited patiently while still thinking about a way to get Y/n out of there.

Enterprise: "...Loud and clear, Commander."

Alan: "Do you realize that the flare is fired from a Siren ship?"

Enterprise: "Affirmative, Commander."

Alan: "It's our mad British guy, Y/n. Here's the plan, Hornet will create a diversion while you and Yorktown will rush to that Siren ship and retrieve Y/n, over."

Enterprise: "Roger, Commander. Allow me to deal with these two Japanese carriers first, over."

Alan: "What do you mean, Enterprise?"

Enterprise: "T-"

     Enterprise's voice then disappeared, the radio was clearly being jammed. Alan thought it must've been the Sirens radio jammer.

Meanwhile on the Siren battleship.

     Y/n ran over to one of the cannons on the deck and tried to take control of it even though he doesn't know how to do so.

     Y/n felt the panel being displayed behind the cannon's turret was familiar, even though he doesn't know why. He managed to switch its firing mechanism to manual and took control of it through a joystick next to it.

     Y/n fired the cannon at one of the Siren battleships, creating a massive hole within its hull before it sank. However, the cannon activated its own self-destruct sequence.

     Upon realizing it, Y/n quickly released his hand from the stick and jumped off the ship just before it exploded.

     Y/n was about to swim onto another Siren battleship when he was pulled up from the water by a girl who looks like a fox with red eyes.

???: "Kaga, who's this~"

Kaga: "I don't know, Akagi. But I am certain he isn't a part of the Eagle Union, judging from his uniform."

Akagi: "If that's the case, then who are you?"

     Akagi's sister, Kaga walked up to them even though she doesn't seem to realize Y/n's uniform. Akagi grabbed Y/n's collar and pulled him closer to herself while Kaga tied Y/n's hands from behind.

Y/n: "I would prefer it if you asked more nicely, ladies."

Kaga: "How dare you-"

     Kaga tried to charge Y/n but Akagi managed to hold her back. She was clearly interested in this stranger. Y/n knew that they were the two Japanese carriers from the IJN's First Carrier Division destroyed earlier in the day.

Y/n: "I would love to answer your question but I am afraid I don't have the time to do so."

     Y/n simply tore the loosely-tied rope apart just as an arrow landed right infront of the fox sisters, it was from Enterprise.

Enterprise: "Lieutenant Commander! I suggest you get out of there if you do not want to get hurt."

Y/n: "Perfect timing, Enterprise-"

      Suddenly, several warp holes appeared behind the Siren's ships as if they were about to withdraw.

Akagi: [J]​ "Kaga, we can deal with this stranger later. For now, let's withdraw."

Kaga: [J]​ "As you wish, sister."

Akagi: "And you, may I know your name?"

Y/n: "L/n, Y/n L/n."

Akagi: "We will meet again soon."

Enterprise: "Hey, where are you going?!"

     Right after Akagi finished her sentence, they both vanished into red and blue flames. Meanwhile, Y/n jumped off the ship he was on right before it disappeared.

     Alan's PT boat arrived and brought Y/n aboard. By then, the entire Siren fleet and the fox sisters have all disappeared.

Alan: "It seems like all of them left in a hurry. Congrats, Y/n, you'll be a war hero by tomorrow."

Y/n: "Those two Japanese carriers, the Akagi and the Kaga if I remembered correctly."

Alan: "So after all, the Japanese were involved."

Y/n: "I believe it's more complicated than that."

Alan: "What do you mean by that, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Nevermind."

Alan: "Come on then. We can think about that later, for now it's time for celebration."

Y/n: "Sure thing, mate..."

The next day...

5th of June 1942

In a hall within the Bureau 10 Building, Sand Island, Naval Air Station Midway Islands, Midway Atoll.

23:30

     Everyone else except Y/n were already present in the hall. Yorktown was in a pretty black party dress only for this occasion and she was looking for Y/n. Alan was enjoying a couple glasses of wine while in his Dinner Dress Blue uniform.

Yorktown: "Hey, Commander. Where is Y/n?"

Alan: "I am not sure. He might be wandering around somewhere, but don't worry-"

Y/n: "I am right behind you, Alan.

     Alan turned back only to see Y/n in his Royal Navy's mess dress behind him. Alan wasn't surprised and instead laughed out.

Alan: "But you're late, Y/n. Yorktown, you know what to do."

Yorktown: "You're late, Y/n. You know what THAT means. One penalty drink!"

Y/n: "Hold on...Yorktown, are you drunk?"

Yorktown: "Huh...Drunk? Me? Oh, Y/n. This is just a grape juice, isn't it? But that doesn't matter, you'll still have to DRINK this penalty drink!"

To be continued...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright...something is sure to happen on the bed ne-. Ah, spoilers, I apologize. You'll return to the Atlantic soon so enjoy yourself while you can...

Also, I am sorry for a few hours delay. I fell asleep after I went to fitness so I completly forgot to finish the 300 words left lol.

By the way, I would like to hear your thoughts what if I was to make a discord server so you could leave a suggestion in there while chatting and vibing with me and other readers.

As always if you have any suggestions or ideas on how to improve the story. Don't be afraid to write it down in the comment section down below, I will be sure to read it!

See you in the next chapters!

Also, happy new year!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 82 11
A joint company of soldiers from some countries alongside with two other British Royal Combat pilots. But on the way for mission, a storm appeared an...
16K 939 62
The second book of Azur Lane: Kaiserin has arrived and with it comes action, adventure, deception and romance!! Will our beloved Kaiserin find true h...
4.4K 99 26
In the aftermath of the Second Great War, a conflict that ravaged the world through clashes between factions centered around ship girls, a new era em...
25.5K 497 18
A former Commander who has a complicated past with Azur Lane that is full of nothing but pain and suffering is chosen to be their Commander again or...