The Blind Waterbender

By DayDreamerBookReader

Her name is Lyra. Twin of Katara and youngest daughter of Chief Hakoda of the Southern Water Tribe. At the ag... More

Blinded
Aang
Breakfast and introductions
Zuko
Air Temple Part 1-
Air Temple Part 2
Ocean and Moon
Gonna Show You
Kyoshi
Blind not Stupid
Found
Distracted
King
Three Deadly Trials
2 Out of 3
Showdown
Out of Omashu
Stranger
Low Profile
Escape
Scarred Valley
Winter Solstice
Agreement
Promises
Blockade
Sages
Lovers Quarrel
Split
Puddle
Market
Siblings Pt. 1
Siblings Pt. 2
Funny Photos of How I Imagine Asura Acting
Instincts
Jet
Suspicions
Support
Theories for Branch Bending
Soaring
Pre-Dinner
Psychopath
Cyriptic Warning
Injured Asura
The Town
Flood
The Great Divide
Didn't Mean To Publish!
Canyon Guide?
Two Tribes
Hi- Bi!
Loyalty
Nightmare
Apologies
The Ratty Old Man
More Cute Asura Pictures!!!
Confessions
Cinnamon
Fever
Time
All in Your Head
Taunting Fish
Aunt Wu!
Meng's Crush
The Reading
The Story of The Great Spirit
Stop Asian Hate
Sokka the Skeptic
RIP Philece Sampler
Cloud Reading
Can't Have Light Without Darkness
Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip
Eruption Pt. 1
Eruption Pt. 2
Who The Blind Ones Really Are
The Abbey
Memories & Nightmares
Take a Bow
Snap!
So We Meet Again
Can You Not
Unknown Dreams
The Fire Festival
That's Not Suspicious
Friend or Foe? How Should I Know?
The Warrior Turned Soft
A/N
Foraging
Chores & Training
Coaxing
Fire, Good or Bad?
Nightmares Come to Life
What's To Come
A Visit With Tui and La
Pranked or Pranksters?
Airbenders?
Premonitions
Airborne People
The Northern Air Temple
Loopy Lyra
Sibling Relations
Book Cover for Book 2?
Tricks and Traps
Even Aggie?
The Battle For The Air Temple
Naptime!
Arrival in the North
Talking To The Master
Energy Dip
People Are Irritating
Hahn's Threats
Chief Arnook
2 vs 1
Siege of The North Pt. 1
Siege of the North Pt. 2
End of Book 1!
New Book Out Now! Book 2!

Explanation

9.2K 248 79
By DayDreamerBookReader

Outfit pictured above.

----------------

Lyra's POV

"So uh what was that?" Aang asked halfway through.

"What was what?" I asked and grew pink.

"You know that interaction, you two weren'teven fighting" Aang poked.

"WHATTTTT?! YOU TALKED TO THE ENEMY?! LYRA, HE'S EVIL! HE'S TRYING TO CAPTURE AANG WHY WOULD YOU TALK TO HIM?!" Sokka hissed croakily sounding more like a toad.

"He's not evil, Sokka. He's just-"

"Evil..." Sokka hissed in my ear and began examining my head.

"NO SOKKA! He's misguided." I defended pushing him away only for him to return.

"Guys she's got a concussion, I think she's delirious.." Sokka stated as I swatted him away.

"I'm not delirious!" I protested, and finally managed to return the attention to Aang.

------

Meanwhile, I patched the wounds easily, and removed the ceramic shards buried beneath the skin.

The shards were harder, but i managed.

Sokka polished his boomerang, as Aang steered Appa.

"So where are we going?" I asked as i finished sealing the cuts.

My head felt prickly where I had hit it.

I shook it off, and dismissed the cocussion to be nothing.

"It's in the earth kingdom right?" I asked.

Aang nodded, and for once I had been able to see on Appa. With the use of waterbending of course. All I had to do was fight the wind that threatened to blow the molecules away. I was still getting used to it. It did take quite a bit of energy but the sky was full of clouds, and clouds were water. With enough focus I hoped I could possibly walk on the clouds. Still it'd take some practice.

"Yeah, actually we're almost there!" Aang cheered.

"Where?" I asked again.

"Omashu!" Aang smiled as we landed.

"Ohma- what now?" I blurted.

"Not Ohma, Oh-ma-shu." Aang corrected.

"Anyways, we're here!" Aang smiled as Katara, and Sokka climbed down off of Appa.

I was amazed at the sheer size of the city surrounded by a huge cloud of mist.

"It's hugggge!" I said amazed.

I don't think I'd ever seen something so big. It was bigger than even the southern air temple.

"I used to come here to visit my friend Bumi!" Aang smiled, standing atop a slope.

"Wow, we don't have cities like this in the south pole!" Katara gasped as Sokka's jaw practically dropped.

"They have buildings here that don't melt..." Sokka stated in awe.

"Uh- Sokka, the air temple didn't melt either" I piped in.

He nodded,

"Yeah, buttttt it didn't have a cool wall with guards" Sokka argued.

"Whatever floats your boat" I shrugged.

"Well let's go slow pokes! The real fun's inside the city!" Aang urged as he began to descend the slope.

"Wait Aang!" Katara protested.

Aang stopped,

"It could be dangerous if people find out you're the Avatar." Katara warned.

"You need a disguise" Sokka stated.

"So what am I supposed to do? Grow a mustache?" Aang asked rhetorically.

I nodded,

"That's not a bad idea!" I pointed.

I gently ran my fingers through Appa's fur and came out with a huge clump of fur. Appa was shedding, no worries.

"Mind if I steal some of this?" I asked the bison, whom gave a roar of approval.

I handed the fur to Katara whom began to make a wig cap for Aang.

I pulled together a mustache for Aang and used ice to freeze it to his upper lip.

When Katara had given Aang the wig he put it on.

"Ugh, it's so itchy! How do you live in this stuff?" Aang groaned.

Meanwhile I laid down and stretched myself over a sunbathed rock. It felt really nice.

"Great, now you look just like my grandfather!" Sokka praised.

"Technically, Aang is a hundred and twelve years old" Katara said.

"Uh you guys grandpa had smooth hair, not spiky." I reminded.

Sokka shrugged indifferently.

"Well let get to skipping, young whipper snappers. The big city awaits!" Aang said in a fake old man voice it was quite easy to tell it was fake.

----

The coarse stone under my feet was warm beneath the afternoon sun. It was nice, at least until I let my guard down and relaxed.

"You guys are gonna love Omashu. The people here are the friendliest in the world!" Aang promised.

"-Rotten cabbages?! What kind of slum do you think this is?!" A guard shouted angrily as he threw the cabbage cart off the mountain side.

"Friendliest people in the world, eh? I much prefer Kyoshi to this place if this is the friendliest in the world." I stated hugging my arms to my chest as the chilly wind swept my hair aside.

"Nooo, my cabbages!" The man protested.

Meanwhile Aang, Sokka, and Katara peeked over the path as the cart crashed at the bottom of the valley below.

I cringed; feeling bad for the man, I couldn't help but wonder how much labor it took to grow, as well as the cost for the cabbages. Plants take time to grow.

"Just keep smiling.." Aang grinned as we walked forward.

Katara smiled with a nervous laugh.

I felt the ground move beneath me as I walked behind Aang.

The sun stopped hitting my face for a moment as pebbles dropped from above.

My smile dropped immediately as I my palms began to sweat nervously.

"State your business!" The guard ordered us.

I walked backwards into Katara and Sokka as the boulder began to lower.

Aang ran up to the man whose heart jumped.

"My business is my business, young man! And none of yours! I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and paddle your backside!" Aang threatend.

Honestly, that was good acting.

"Settle down, old timer. Just tell me who you are." The guard ordered Aang.

"My names Bonzoo Pipenpeddlopsokopolis, the third, and this are my grandkids!" Aang introduced us.

I stepped forward with Katara.

"Hi, June Pipenpeddlopsokopolis, and this is my sister-" Katara began as I interrupted her.

"My name's Astraea (us-tray-uh) Pipenpeddlopsokopolis, the second."

"You two seem like responsible young ladies. See that your grandfather stays out of trouble, and don't let your sister out of sight it's very easy to get lost in the city, especially for someone without bending, or vision. Enjoy Omashu." The guard warned. Meanwhile I glared in his direction

"We will!" Katara said brightly as she pulled me forward. Not allowing me to even walk beside her normally.

"Wait a minute...." The Guard stopped us. He put a hand on Sokka's shoulder. We all froze, worried we'd been caught with Aang as the Avatar. The blood drained from my face and my heart jumped in my chest, so much so that I could hear the blood rushing in my ears.

"You're a strong young boy. Show some respect for the elderly, and carry your grandfather's bag!" The soldier urged Sokka who relaxed but seemed annoyed.

"Good idea!" Aang praised and tossed Sokka the bag that held Asura's food.

Meanwhile I worried for the owl kitten. Which currently hid beneath Aang's wig.

Finally, Omashu.

----

Soo I hope you guys enjoyed. I had readers block for wuite awhile and accidentally deleted the wrong so I had to redo it. Im sorry for the wait, Happy New Year's, and Ill see you guys in the next one! Stay safe and healthy, have a good day my Bookworms!
-Rose

P.S I don't work tomorrow, so it's highly likely I'll be working on a new chapter tomorrow. It should be out before Friday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...
90.8K 2.2K 35
𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 | ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄs ❝ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐞𝐧�...
36.4K 1K 14
Avatar: the Last Airbender Fanfiction Zuko x OC Makki is the twin sister of Sokka and the older sister of Katara. She is one of the last Southern wat...
73.1K 2K 18
With Yue's death fresh on the minds of the GAang, they struggle to come to terms with the hand they've been dealt, and the ways that they have to han...