Darling • Fred Weasley x read...

By ruthie_smc1

Y/n Brooke has been best friends with the golden trio since first year. You spend the summer at the burrow fo... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter fourty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight
Chapter forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter sixty four

chapter twenty six

2.6K 70 207
By ruthie_smc1

Eventually, we finished swimming and quickly went inside for dinner to satisfy of growling stomachs.

"So y/n, how'd you get so good at skating?" Charlie asks before eating another spoonful of corn.

"Oh, um well, I had a very isolated childhood so, I was in my room almost all the time. I believe when I was eight, I snuck out and found a secluded pond that was halfway into the forest near my parents house. I would sneak out almost every night in the winter to go skating. No one else was there but even then, that's probably the only happy memories I have of my childhood." I respond. Hermione's face is twisted into an expression of sympathy.

"It's fine though." I reassure, continuing to eat.

After consuming all of the scrumptious foods, we all headed upstairs; I hop in the shower.

I wash my face, brush my teeth, and change my clothes for bed. I trudge into Ginny's room, feeling my eyelids getting heavy, and slump on to my bed, closing strained eyes immediately and falling asleep.

"Y/n...y/n...Y/N!" A voice whispers eagerly at me.

"Huh?" I reply groggily.

"Come here."

I lean my head over the edge of my bed to get in the view of the door, causing a bright streak of light to shine in my eyes. I attempt to adjust my eyes to the light, but fail so instead, I walk sleepily and carelessly towards the door, slightly tripping a few times.

"What?" I ask, making out the silhouette of a boy.

"We're all going outside to sit around the fire pit. Wanna come?" Ron asks in a whisper. I glance at the clock hanging in the hallway.

"Bloody hell, what is up with you Weasley's waking me up at two in the morning?"

"Hm?" He makes a confused face.

"Never mind that."

"So, are you coming?"

"Hell yeah we are!" Ginny whispers enthusiastically from her bed, pushing her blanket off her legs quickly.

"We'll be down." I add, receiving a nod from him in return. 

Before walking down the stairs, Ginny woke up Hermione in her own special way (by jumping on her bed of course). I head out to the back door once again, wearing leggings and a purple hoodie, with the two of them following behind me.

"Finally make it out here?" Ron teases.

"Haha very funny." Ginny replies sarcastically. I giggle and take a seat in the circle around the fire next to Fred, admiring the color of the flames above the pile of wood.

"I'm surprised you got up." He admits, interupting my admiration.

"Yeah, me too." I agree.

"Alright, what game are we playing?" Charlie asks before pulling out a bottle of alcohol from behind him.

"Truth or dare?" Harry suggests.

"Oh, nice one Harry." Bill adds.

"Y/n/n, I bet you three galleons you won't be able to not drink in this." George whispers to me, while leaning behind Fred to talk me to me.

"Deal. I'm going to win." I reply.

"You sure about that?" Fred questions.

"Yes, I am. Plus, I would prefer not to repeat what happened after my party." I mention, causing him to snicker. I roll my eyes and refocus onto Charlie.

"If you don't want to do the dare or truth you have been given, you have to take a shot." He announces, placing the large glass bottle down onto the grass.

"I'll start." Ginny says, turning to Hermione. "Hermione, truth or dare?"

"Truth." She responds confidently, but crumbles when Ginny speaks again.

"Have you ever done drugs and if so what kind?" She asks. Suddenly, Hermione's eyes grow wide and nervous before glancing over to Charlie.

"Hand me the bottle please?" This is going to be a long night for Hermione.

Eventually, we make it around the circle to me, and it's my turn to ask the person across from me. "Bill, truth or dare?" I ask.

"Truth." He responds in a mellow tone.

I glance over to Hermione with a mischievous look before asking him the question.

"What's your body count?"

He looks over to Ginny who has her eyebrows raised, being intrigued. He rolls his eyes before gazing into the sky silently. After a few seconds, he glances back to me, muttering something under his breath, trying not to let Ginny or Ron hear.

"What was that?" I ask.

"Twenty three!" He blurts, causing us all to burst out in laughter, me being the first one he hears.

"Oh be quiet, your probably still a virgin." He retorts, with an evil smirk.

We all stop laughing and I feel the warmth rise into my cheeks. "Shit Bill. You didn't need to call her out like that." George says looking over at me.

"Bloody hell, shut up George." I spit irritatedly.

"Charlie, your turn to ask y/n." Hermione says, interrupting the awkward moment.

"Truth or dare?" He asks.

"Dare."

He stares into the fire wearing a concentrated face for a few seconds before looking around the circle, returning back to me. "I dare you to make out with Percy." He finally announces, raising his eyebrow.

I notice George out of the corner of my eye mouthing something I couldn't understand before turning towards him. 'No drinking.' He reminds me.

"Unless you'd rather make out with me." Charlie adds with a wink, I roll my eyes.

I walk over to Percy, who is sitting uncomfortably on the grass, following me with his eyes. I quickly sit down beside him, and lean close to him. "You're not actually going to do it?" He whispers.

"Oh yes I am. I'm not losing." I answer, before pressing my lips against his. My fingertips gently slide onto his cheek, as he eagerly kisses back. My hands make their way into his curly hair as his cradle my torso, holding me tightly, and pulling me closer to him.

After a long minute, I pull away, and look into his shocked blue eyes. "Sorry." I apologize before beginning to walk away, noticing his cheeks turning bright pink out of the corner of my eye.

Everyone stares at me wide eyed as I take my seat. "I told you I'm going to win. Don't underestimate me." I say sassily, now realizing Fred's piercing glare that's set on me. He removes it from me and redirects it towards the red headed boy sat in front of me.

I keep my gaze on Fred for a moment before turning to Charlie out of curiosity of why he's glaring at him.

His eyes are on me; I make contact with them for a second before they look down, thoroughly scan my body, and regain eye contact. His lips curl into a smirk, before sending me a flirtatious wink and glancing back at Fred, being satisfied with his expression.

Being annoyed and slightly uncomfortable, I cradle my arms in my lap awkwardly. My eyes wander to the sky, admiring it's beauty before being attracted to one specific star. It begins to slowly grow brighter, and at the peak of it's energy it simply disappears...

A sharp ringing ignites in my ears, causing me to cover them. I lean down on my knees, and try to keep a normal expression, being unsuccessful. "What's wrong with y/n?" Ron's muffled voice asks, causing everyone to stare at me. The ringing continues, growing more intense by the second.

"Y/n?" Harry asks. I don't reply as I try to hold in my groans, feeling something drip down my face. I swipe my fingers across my jaw, pull them away, and notice the dark red blood. A drop falls onto my sweatshirt as soon as the sound stops, giving me a chance to breath from the exhaustion.

"Y/n! What's going on?" Fred asks frantically, observing my blood smeared hand.

"You didn't hear that?" I ask.

"What are you talking about?"

'What's going on with her?' His voice whispers in my ear.

Shit, it's happening again.

'Merlin! Her ears are bleeding.' Hermione's voice whispers, along with several others, all speaking at the same time and making it impossible to understand any of them. The voices grow louder, overwhelming me further  by the second. After a minute, my head begins to throb, the noise of the unclear words becoming too much.

"Fuck." I mutter under my breath, holding my head with my hands.

"Y/n, what's going on?!" Hermione asks panicked from beside me.

"I don't know." I respond slowly, being confused on what I do know.

"Well, when did the pain start?"

"Hermione...I think there's something wrong with me..." I admit in a worried tone.

"What is it?" She asks.

I don't reply, instead, I look up and meet eyes with Bill who is staring at me with confusion filled eyes. I silently pierce through his eyes, being let into his thoughts effortlessly.

'Why is she staring at me like that?' His deep voice questions, I immediately repeat it out loud.

"Why is she staring at me like that?" I ask, copying the whisper's tone.

'Did something happen with truth or dare?'

"Did something happen with truth or dare?" I repeat, causing his eyes to go wide and his brows to furrow in suspicion. I look over to Ron, and focus on his voice, blocking out the rest of the distant murmurs.

'Did she hit her head or something?' It asks.

He eyes me with confusion and I slowly sink deeper into his thoughts. "No, I didn't hit my head." I answer sternly with no expression.

I turn back to Hermione who's expression is flooded with confusion and shock. "Did- did she just..." Ron stutters.

"Read your thoughts." Charlie finishes, admiring me with astonishment.

I meet his excitement filled eyes and nod stiffly, confirming his assumption. Hermione sits speechless as I turn back to her. "I told you there's something wrong with me." I add.

No one says anything for a few minutes, probably taking time to wrap their heads around the fact that their friend can read minds, along with worry of what I heard.

"When did this start?" Hermione questions, staring blankly into the brilliant flames of the fire.

"On my birthday." I answer.

"How does it work?" George asks, leaning his arms down on his knees.

"Well, I don't know really, but it only happens with stars." He looks at me oddly. "My eyes are attracted to this one star that gets brighter and brighter until it just disappears, and when it does, I start to hear whispers of the people around me. So, it's not all the time. I don't know why it happened or what it means but it's kind of freaking me out."

"So, can you read everyone?" Fred asks seriously.

"Technically yes but only if I focus on them." I answer.

"WAIT SO WHAT AM I THINKING RIGHT NOW?" Ron asks excitedly.

I focus in on his cheerful eyes, making an odd face when I hear his whispers. "Caterpillars eating cinnamon buns?" I say.

"THATS CRAZY!" He beams. I snicker, knowing he is obviously a bit more than just tipsy. He starts uncontrollably giggling out of shock and tips over, hitting his head on Harry's shoulder before landing on the ground. Okay maybe more than just a bit more than tipsy...

The bottle makes it's way around the circle a few times, skipping over me of course, before we all head back inside. Ron was absolutely hammered so he could barely walk straight without tripping over himself, ending with Fred having to carry him into his room. Harry, Ginny, and George ended up drunk, Bill, Charlie, and Hermione tipsy, and me completely sober. Percy was sober up until Bill dared him to take a shot so, he would've had to either way. Fred had a few shots but it seemed not to phase him at all.

After helping Ginny to bed and heading out of the bathroom, I bump into someone, and drop my toiletry bag on the ground. "Shit, sorry." I whisper in the dimly lit hallway. I bend down and reach for my green bag, but am beaten to it by a large set of hands.

"Thanks." I say, knowing that it's Fred. As we both stand back up, he hands it to me, and I acknowledge his blank expression. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You literally just kissed my brother." He responds with a cold expression.

"Fred I do not like Percy like that. I just did it for the game. It's not like I wanted to." I reply convincingly.

"Still."

"They probably didn't even know about what's going on between us when they dared me that." He doesn't respond just looks away with his jaw tightened. "Can I ask you something?"

"I guess."

"Who's the best beater in Hogwarts?" He glances back at me with a skeptical expression before rolling his eyes.

"Me." He answers confidently like it was even a debate.

"Who do I like spending time with the most?"

"Me."

"And who do I love?" He shrugs but I raise my eyebrows.

"...me." He reluctantly answers.

"Do you love me?" He furrows his brows.

"Is that even a question? Of course I do."

"Fredrick Weasley, would you do me the honor of officially being my boyfriend?" I ask dramatically. He rolls his eyes playfully, his lips curling up into a smirk.

"Yes madam, I would love to." He says, taking my hand, and kissing it gently.

I hug him tightly, before reaching for Ginny's door handle. "Goodnight darling." He whispers with a cheerful grin.

"Goodnight." I turn my head to see him one last time. "Oh and never call me madam again." I order sassily.

"Noted." He responds with a little chuckle. I tip toe into the room and shut the door, noticing Ginny's loud snoring. I lay on my bed, pull my sheets over myself, and day dream a while before falling asleep.

A/N:
Sorry this is up so late! I didn't mean for it to be. Also, sry about this chapter, I cringed while writing it. Sorry Percy ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 441 43
⚠️ ABANDONED ⚠️ "Somehow, whenever I'm with you, its like I'm closer to the stars." ... WARNING: this story DOES NOT contain actual smut or sexual...
9.5K 232 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...
36K 637 19
Olympia Bellchant's decision to spend the summer with the Weasley's could very well ruin her reputation, her life, and her perception of love. It doe...
257K 6.7K 41
"We were together. I forget the rest." Fred didn't like her. In fact, he had decided, first year, that he despised her. Despised is a strong word and...