Jazz Up

By Trintrinas

Life is life, you never know what's going to happen nexts or what's to expect. See how Huey and Jazmine's une... More

Pilot
The Drive
Halloween
Sleep Over
Triple Date
Deception
The Hill
First Date
Love Sick
Lie Detector
Museum
Happy New Year
New Beginnings
Basketball
Valentine's Day
Black History Celebration
Game Night
Spying
Spring Festival
Dull Day
Unforgettable Night
Parting Ways
The Fallen Mind

Christmas Eve

646 17 30
By Trintrinas

On the day before Christmas, I was at the mall doing some late shopping. I normally go early, but I had been so busy lately that I haven't had time to stop by the store. What I really need for Christmas is a car to get me back and forth to places, but my dad is afraid of me driving at a young age. He told me that he would grant me my car during my senior year. I can't wait because I get tired of asking Huey and the others for a ride. Sadly, even Riley and Cindy are driving and they are underage.

I was in line to get some cookies for Santa. I know he probably had a long day taking pictures with kids and tomorrow will be Christmas. So maybe a treat want be so bad for the end of the day. When I made it up to the front at the register the lady asked: "Hi what would you like to order?" "Oh, I'm here to pick up my order, for the package I ordered online," I told her showing my phone as proof. "Oh ok, I'll go get that in the back!" she left the register as I stepped aside. Another employee came to take other people's orders so that way the line could move faster.

I waited for a couple of minutes looking around the mall area to see it wasn't that many people here surprisingly. There's usually a whole bunch of people here fighting each other for last-minute gifts. I guess this is a lucky day for me! Even if there were a bunch of people in one of the stores all I have to do is stand in line because I preorder my gifts over the phone with them. I already got my parents something, but I didn't get my friends anything.

We're all exchanging gifts this evening since some of us have to leave out of town tonight. This Christmas we're going to my dad's mom's house and she lives 3 to 4 hours away depending on traffic. I love visiting my grandma because she is such a mood. I like to tell her about everything that goes on back home. Of course, I'm not gonna tell her about some events that surprisingly happened. The only person who wouldn't be too amused about seeing my grandma is my mom. My grandma feels the same way about her too.

Now don't jump to conclusion and assume she doesn't like her because she is white. One of the reasons she doesn't like my mom is because of her cooking skills. She feels that she is trying to poison my dad and me. One of her reasons reminded me of Riley because even Riley doesn't like my mom's cooking. My mom's cooking is decent; it just depends on what she's cooking.

The lady had come back with my package and handed it to me. "Sorry it took so long, they weren't ready with the cookies so we gave you six more extra cookies for free," she told me in a rush. "Well thank you and have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!" I said my goodbyes. I left the shop and started to head towards Bath and Body Works. This is where I'm getting Cindy, Ming, and Hiro their gifts since they really like the smells.

When I made it inside the store I saw a bunch of women smelling the scents. I was so glad when there were only three people in the line. I kinda rushed to the front so I wouldn't get behind people who were heading to the line. I was so glad they had three registers open so that way people could get in and get out. One of the ladies got done and she ushered me come right over. When she saw me she was wondering where my products were. "Did you order something here?" she asked me a bit confused. "Yes, I had called in my order more some candles," I told her as she caught on to realization.

"Oh ok, I'm going to get that in the back, what's your name?" she asked about to leave. "Jazmine Dubois," I told her as she disappeared into the back. I looked around to see people were still sniffing candles and soaps. I thought about getting Huey, Ceasar, and Riley something from here but I don't think they're into the scents like that.

Ceasar's mom always comes here and buys candles for the house. She had a bunch of them in a cabin at their house. Riley thinks it's gay like always. Huey just says they want us to inhale the white man's poison so we can all slowly die. I would say something to justify his response but it's not even worth it. The lady came back with a bag with wrapped up candles thankfully. "Thank you!" I said as she handed me the bags. "Have a nice Christmas and Happy New Year!" I waved off as I left the store. The only people left are Ceasar and Riley. I'm getting Riley NBA 2k21 and Ceasar FIFA 21 for their PlayStations. If you're wondering I already have Huey's gift. I think he's going to like it.

I made it to Game Station to see only a few people in the store. This was the last store I had to go to gather the gifts. After I pick up Ceasar and Riley's gift the only thing I have to do is get a picture with Santa. I hope he's still here, usually, he doesn't show on Christmas Eve. They say he goes back to the North Pole to get ready for tonight to deliver the presents. I wanted to get in and out of the store, but while I was in there, people were staring me down as if they're surprised to see a girl in here.

I just rushed to the counter with my bags that were clicking together. I made it to the counter to see the cashier, not in the mood. He was a tall guy that was very slim and he had black hair and pale skin. If one of my friends saw him they would refer to his stereotype as emo. "Hi, I'm here for a pickup for Jazmine Dubois!" I told him as he looked up from his comic he was reading. "Can I have proof that you ordered from us?" he slurred. I just pulled out my phone and showed him the proof of the pickup. I heard him sigh as he walked all the way in the back to go get my pickup.

Not long, he had come back with the games that had a bow on the case. "If only people could do this," he said putting the games in a bag and handing it to me. "Thank you, have a nice Christmas, and Happy New Year!" I waved off. "I'll try!" he simply responded. I feel bad for him he must not be going through a good time. I turned around to walk back to him. He seemed a bit confused at my actions. "You need help with something else?" he asked as I looked at his name tag to see his name was Simon.

"Would you like a cookie?" I simply asked opening the box. "Umm sure that's actually very nice of you," he smiled. I grabbed a napkin that was in the bag to grab the cookie. I wasn't sure if he was too fond of people touching his food with their bare hands. "Here you go!" I handed it to him as he gently took it from me. "Thank...you!" he slowly said. I smiled and made my way out of the store.

Okay now, all I have to do is go take a picture with Santa and I can head home. But I also have to stop by the shelter to give food to the homeless. Or my mom might just do that, she loves to cook for them. She might just have me and my dad go take it over to the shelter before we leave tonight. I was so in deep thought that I didn't even notice I bumped into somebody. "Oh, I'm sorry!" I said looking down. When I looked up at the person I wasn't surprised to see them here.

"Riley!?!" I asked a bit surprised. "What up Jazmine," he greeted as I suspiciously looked at his attire. He was dressed in all black, had something semi over his head, and a bag on him. "Riley, may I ask why you are dressed like you're about to do something you have no business doing?" I simply asked with a fake smile of fear on my face. "Well Jazmine if you must know I'm here to get payback," he smirked.

Oh my gosh! He's going to try and threaten Santa again. "I thought you already got payback on him a couple of days ago Riley," I said. "I didn't catch him, Jazmine," he emphasized my name. I just awkwardly started to laugh at his impulsiveness because I didn't want him to see another side of me that he might not want to see come out. "Now if you don't mind I'll be on my way," he told me as I widen my eyes. He was about to walk away until I dropped my bags and grabbed him by the collar. "Riley don't you even think about it, this is my last thing to do on the list and I don't want you ruining it. So don't touch anything, don't you look at anything, or doing anything that will disrupt the people in this mall, and if you do I will make you wish you were never born!" I hissed at him with anger in my eyes.

"Damn okay girl...you sound like my momma when I went to the store with her," he yanked himself away from me. I took his bag and looked in there to see it was a BB-gun, smoke bombs, and reloads of bullets. "This has got to go," I said in disgust as I threw it in the trash. "Aye come on girl, Ed and Rummy hooked me up with that," he said a bit frustrated. "I don't give a rats behind," I glared at him. "Now come on and enjoy Christmas Eve like a normal person instead of a person who can possibly die or go to jail," I sternly said as he surprisingly rolled his eyes and followed me.

"What the fuck are you doing here at the mall anyway?" he asked a bit confused. "Because I haven't been able to go all month and I had to get everybody gifts since we're all doing a Christmas exchange gifts," I told him as he looked down at my stuff. "What'd you get me?" he asked curiously trying to look into the bag. "Nothing if you keep asking," I told him as he smacked his lips.

I looked to see there was Santa in his big chair with a girl on his lap. "Oh gosh Riley he's here!" I excitedly said grabbing his arm tightly while jumping up and down. "Yeah yeah, I see that his old fat looking ass in the seat lying to kids like a little pedophile," he grumbled. "Oh, Riley don't be like a grinch," I giggled. "I don't hate Christmas, I just don't like Santa Clause, he gone pay what he owe," he corrected me. "Well, why don't you go ask him," I suggested as we were about to be next in line.

"Oh I didn't know that was an option the whole time," he sarcastically responded. "Ok Riley, now you're kinda sounding like Huey," I laughed at his nonchanltness. "Bitch I don't sound like Huey's gay ass," his voice got a bit high again. "Yes you do, when your mood goes down that's when you start to sound like him," I disagreed with him. "No the fuck I don't, I sound like me myself and I," he argued with me. "Fine Riley 2+2=5," I said ending the conversation. He was in deep thought of something and the lady who was taking pictures said: "Next!" and I gladly walked up while I heard Riley mumble "2+2 is not 5 bitch it's 4." he said not catching my drift of ending the argument.

"Come sit on my lap...little girl and boy," Santa said gesturing to us. "Nah man I'm good I don't do all that shit," Riley said not sitting on his lap as I did. "Riley asks your question," I told him as he sighed. "Ask me what?" Santa asked a bit curious. "My friend would like to know why you haven't answered none of his letters to you over the years," I told him as he seemed to be in deep thought. "What would you like for Christmas little boy?" Santa asked him. "Aye you need to stop with that pedophile and gay shit and what I wanted was that NBA 2k21 game for my new PS5, but they all been sold out and they're way too expensive," he told him as I cocked my eyebrow at him.

How is he being cheap if he bought the PS5? Now that I think about it they do have to get all the games they have for that station. I can see why he's cheap to buy it, he has a bunch of games. "Well I'll see what I can do," he smiled. "Okay, let's take the picture!" I said as he said "Right right!". "Ok one, two, three, cheese!" the lady counted before she took the picture. I gave my best smile as the lights flashed on us.

"Oh these look so nice," she smiled as she started to print the pictures out. I got up off Santa's lap and grabbed the box of cookies. "Would you guys like any cookies to end the day with?" I simply asked the two of them as they looked into the box. "Why yes I will, I've never been appreciated for my hard work," he said taking a chocolate chip cookie while the camera lady took one too. "Thank you!" they told me as I smiled at them. "It's all from the heart and Christmas spirit," I felt my cheeks burn.

"Just for that you can have your picture for free," the lady said giving me my picture. "Thank you, you both have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!" I exclaimed. "You too!" they both told me. "Come on Riley we have to get home before we're late for the gift exchange," I told him as he followed behind me. "See now was that so bad to talk to Santa instead of shooting him?" I asked as he stayed silent. "Did you drive here or take an Uber?" I asked when we made it outside. "Drove," he answered. "Where's the car at, I'll cash app you for gas," I told him. "Cool with me, I'll go get it," he smirked.

..........................

Riley and I both pulled up in front of his house that had everybody there. "Good everybody is here on time while we showing up on black time," he smirked. "Black time?" I questioned as I got out of the car. "It means late girl," he answered. "What did you get everybody?" I asked a bit curious. "You'll see, everybody gonna dig their gifts from me," he said rubbing his hands together.

When he does that, that means he's up to no good. We made it to the front door where he barged in saying "What's up Nigga's!" making everybody turn to him. I just peeked myself in giggling at Riley's outburst. "Finally you guys are here, I have to leave within an hour," Ming said looking at her watch. "Aye you said 5:30 it's 6 o'clock," Riley pointed at his invisible watch. "Hurry let's get started," Ceasar said rushing all of us. "My mom told me she is leaving at 7:15 on the dot and she's if I'm not there by 7:10 to get my stuff and myself in the car she said she leaving my ass," Ceasar exclaimed.

"Ok let's make this quick," I said walking over to everybody's spot putting their gifts down. I looking for Huey but he wasn't downstairs. "Hey, where's Huey at?" I asked. "He upstairs, come on Jazz you know he doesn't believe in none of that Christmas stuff," Hiro told me. "Well except if it's in his own version," Ming said as they all started to laugh. "Well I don't care I'm going to go give him his gift whether he likes it or not," I said making my way upstairs with Riley who was coming downstairs with tiny little bags.

I walked down the hallway towards Huey's room to hear nothing. I stood in front of his door taking a deep breath. I was a bit nervous about seeing him again. My heart always beats quickly when I'm near him. I knocked on his door and waited for his response. "Come in!" he answered. I twisted the knob to open the door to see him on his bed reading a book. "I thought you'd be up here reading," I closed the door behind me. "Hello to you too Jazmine," he said not pulling his eyes away from the book.

"Hi Huey, I know you're not too full-on Christmas, but I still wanted to give you a gift so you wouldn't think that I didn't think about you," I said placing the gift on the bed. He put his book down and stared at the gift. "Go on open it, I want to see your full reaction," I excitedly gestured to him. He put the gift in his lap and started to slowly tear it apart. I wanted to see his reaction until Ceasar barged through the door. "Jazmine come on we're on borrowed time," Ceasar said as I got up off Huey's bed. "I hope you like the gift," I waved off as I exited the room. Ceasar followed behind me and said "I hope he likes my gift, I didn't feel comfortable leaving him out," said.

"What did you get him?" I asked. "I Cashed App him $50," he told me. We made it downstairs to see the others opening their gifts up. I saw Riley open up the gift I got him and he was surprised. "Oh my fucking god, this the shit!" he said all excited. "What's the shit, nigga what the fuck is you talking about?" Cindy asked all confused. "Santa gave me what I asked for. He must have slipped it in Jazmine's bag while we were taking the picture," he said amazed.

"What picture? You took a picture with Santa," Ming asked laughing. "Yes in fact I did Ming Twan," Riley emphasized her name. She rolled her eyes because we all know that when Riley says Twan at the end of Ming's name he's being racially funny. I don't fully agree, but they joke with each other. "Let me see," Cindy asked interested. I pulled out the photo the lady gave me and showed it to her. "Aww you both look cute with Jazmine sitting on Santa's lap and you looking hard," Cindy cooed. "Yeah, nigga why the fuck is you looking hard in the photo with Santa?" Ceasar questioned. "Cause that's my style Ceasar Salad," Riley said swiping the picture away from them.

I guess I should go open up my gifts. First I'll start with my besties! I opened up the present Cindy gave me to see a stuffed animal which was a unicorn with me and her on there as our best moments. "Aww thank you, Cindy, I didn't even know they made these," I said adoring the unicorn with me and Cindy's best moments together. "You welcome Jazzy and thanks for the candle. I've been looking for these mugs all around Woodcrest, but they always say they ain't got none," she thanked me. "Yeah same, when Hiro and I were at the shop a woman literally pushed him out of the way with getting the last scent for the candle," she said a bit irritated. "Yeah thanks, Jazzy," Hiro told sniffing his candle. "Your welcome!" I smiled.

I looked at who's I was gonna open next. I decided to open up Riley's because he seemed excited. I dug inside the tiny bag to see a small box. I opened that to see it had a long chain with 'Jazzy Fresh' on it. I looked around to see the others got their nicknames printed too. Next was Ming's present I opened up next. When I opened the box I looked to see those pink uggs I wanted from the store. "Oh my gosh how did you get these, they were sold out," I told her as she smiled. "I shopped early," she said. The only two left are Ceasar and Hiro's gift.

I'm going to open Hiro's gift next since I'm kinda curious about what he got me. When I opened what Hiro gave me it was a Hello Kitty pocket knife and a tight pink striped onesie. I could use this when I go to sleepovers. Last but not least was Ceasar's gift. I opened him to see he got me a star projector. "I've been wanting one of these for months...it was hard to find the right ones. Thank you, everybody, for the gifts," I said. "You're welcome!" I heard some of them answer.

I started to put my stuff in the bag so I could leave when my parents texted me. Right on time I had got a text message from my dad telling me I needed to come with him to the homeless shelter. "Well you guys it's 7 o'clock and my dad wants me to go to the homeless shelter with him so we can give the people something to eat," I told them. "Question did your mom cook it?" Riley asked me as I nodded. "I feel bad for those people, especially the ones who haven't eaten in days. They gonna say what type of shit is this," he mimicked an old voice.

"The problem is going to be solved, but if you don't like my mom's cooking so much just come help her in the kitchen and give her a few tips," I simply told him as he thought about it. "Bye everybody have a nice Christmas and I'll see you guys on New Years'," I said leaving the house. I saw my dad in the car waiting for me to get in. I put my stuff in the back and got in the front seat.

"Hey, Dad!" I greeted him putting my seat belt on. "Hi Sweetheart, how was your Christmas exchange," he asked in a happy mood. "It was good, I really like all my gifts the gang got me," I told him as he said: "Well that's good! Now Jazmine you know the drill we've been doing for years when we take food to the shelter," he smiled at me. "Yes, I know!" I said opening up the glove compartment that was full of seasoning that my dad hides from my mom.

"I'll grab the mash potatoes in the back, now all you have to do while we're on our way there is to take out all the raisins and put the seasoning in," he said giving me the mash potatoes from the back. "Your mom didn't put that many in there since we barely had any, so it should be easy picking it out," he told me giving me a spoon. You've guessed it, my dad and I always fix up my mom's food we donate to the shelter. We either pick stuff out , add seasoning or both. My doesn't know we've been doing this for years.

.............................

I made it home to my room exhausted from fixing my mom's food. The people at the shelter said it tasted good. Now all I have to do is put my stuff in the SUV and sleep the rest of the ride. I was about to leave my room with my suitcase until I saw a present on my bed. I wondered who gave me this. My parents would usually hand me the gift in my hands because they say that's a more respectful way to do it. I curiously walked over to observe the present to see it was from Huey.

Huey got me this present? I thought he was in his room the whole time. He probably snuck into my house and put it here. Me curious about what he got me I decided to open the present. I felt my heart stop when I saw what was in the box. It was a small frame of that art piece he was looking at the museum and a Kirby Super Star plush. I looked more into the box to see a small card that said: 'Thinking of you!' I felt my whole body warm-up as I looked at what he got me. Aww, he's so sweet!

"Jazmine it's time for us to leave or your grandma will be suspicious if we're not there on time," I heard my dad call out to me. "Okay, I'll be right down!" I said grabbing my suitcase and looking back at the stuff Huey got me. I decided I was going to take the Kirby Super Star plush because it was so cute and soft. Plus it was from Huey and it just reminded me how affectionate he is!

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.8K 1.6K 100
I was a normal high school student at one of the best High Schools in America. I was only there for a while, but a lot can happen in a few weeks. I d...
65.2K 1.6K 22
Last time you read my first book, Huey and Jazmine FINALLY got together and Cindy told Riley she was in love with him. Read how their lives have chan...
95.4K 1.4K 29
"What's wrong Kokichi? Why aren't you saying anything ?!" Very slow updates at the moment. This book is NOT CANNON. I only made this story for the fu...
962K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.