WAIT FOR ME ⇾ LUKE SKYWALKER...

By sarahsyndulla

After the events of Bespin (Empire Strikes Back), Luke joined his father, Darth Vader and became a Sith appre... More

epigraph
prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty

chapter ten

592 27 3
By sarahsyndulla

chapter ten: Delta Squad

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The whole way to the med-bay, I continued to glance over my shoulder for the Sith apprentice that had undoubtedly felt my Force-sensitivity. Dank Farrik, how did I not sense his presence on the ship when I landed? I shook my head. The pain in my shoulder must have blocked my other senses.

Now that I knew he was there on board with me, I'd either have to hide my Force-signature, cutting myself off from the Force entirely, or openly face him, which was impossible given my mission. I struggled with that thought as we entered the med-bay full of...droids? As I looked around, I saw only droids. It was a relief to know I wouldn't have to use the Force to manipulate a nurse into stitching me back together again. I separated from my fellow pilot and sat down on one of the tables, letting a droid fix me up, good as new. After some stitches and a bacta pack, I was sent on my way in some wrap, only I had nowhere to go.

I knew I would need to get to a terminal for the layouts, but that I wouldn't be able to get the information I needed all at one terminal without being caught. The trooper from earlier came out of the med-bay shortly after me, "So, how's the cold?"

       "Just peachy. Turns out I had a dislocated shoulder though. Who knew?" I nervously joked with the trooper.

      He shrugged, taking off his helmet, "I'm Rafe. TK-3204. I don't believe I know you." He was a dark haired, dark-skinned human male with a kind smile, despite the intimidating armor he wore.

       I panicked at first, desperately thinking up a cover-story. But after taking my helmet as well, I calmly replied, "Sor. TK-2187. I just transferred here straight from Sunstrike Academy."

      He smiled, holding out a hand for me to shake, "Well in that case, let me be the first to welcome you to the Empire's top-secret Super Star Destroyer." He rolled his brown eyes at his statement. "I can't believe that they just put the word 'super' in front of it. It's a waste of such potential."

       I nodded in agreement as I followed him towards what I assumed was the mess-hall, "I know, it kinda defeats the purpose of a new, potent weapon of mass destruction, ya know?"

      He laughed, his voice full and deep, "Definitely. Well, this is my stop. I'm sure you have a busy schedule with it being your first day on board, but thanks for the company, Sor." He winked as he turned to enter the mess-hall.

       Once Rafe was out of sight, I pulled my helmet back on and wandered around until I found a terminal just outside what seemed to be a barracks level. Quickly, I was able to get into the system with a spike I picked up from inside the medical center. Droids don't realize the importance of these cylinders, which is a good thing for me.

       It took a moment for the system to accept the cylinder, but when it did, I finally got a glimpse of the general layout. Unfortunately, that was the only information I was able to retrieve as the figure from earlier stepped out into the light behind me, "Where is the trooper that was with you in the hangar?"

        Smoothly, I replied, "In the mess, sir."

       Once again he tilted his head, studying my movements, "What is your designation, pilot?"

        "TK-2187, sir."

         He hummed slightly before walking in the direction of the mess-hall. I didn't even bother to breath until he had turned the corner, leaving me alone. I pocketed the cylinder and walked towards where I saw the pilots barracks in the brief moment that I saw the map. That was too close.

         I reached the barracks, but then I realized that I didn't know which one would actually accept me into their squad without using the Force. Rafe's squad seemed like the obvious choice, but I was afraid of looking suspicious to him too, given he was a stormtrooper that would turn me over in a heartbeat if given the chance. Finally deciding on a random room, I walked in to see a group of pilots huddled around one-another. They each gave me a curious look before one of them said, "Are you the new cadet?"

       Thank the Force. "Yes, that would be me." I took off my helmet, placing it underneath my arm.

       "TK-4589?" One of them to my left clarified.

      I shook my head, "They were switched to the base on Morak at the last moment. I'm TK-2187, but you can call me Sor."

The woman I perceived to be the squad leader nodded, "Welcome to Delta Squad, Sor. I'm Lyra, your squadron leader." She was a fair skinned, brown-haired girl with a narrowed eyes and a serious look. "To your left is your new wing mate, Gael." He looked to be my age, with a constant fidgeting left hand that was hard not to notice. He didn't look like stormtrooper material, as if he belonged in a lab or strategic position rather than a pilot. She introduced the others, but their names got lost in the back of my mind. They each gave me a firm handshake before they continued their previous discussion of new flight formations, something I was particularly interested in.

Soon enough, we were dismissed and sent to clean up for our resting shift. Tonight, I was free from any duties, but I was told that from tomorrow on, I'd have to 'get with the program'. Then, I was left alone for the next few minutes, giving me just enough time to meditate one last time until I could escape this ship.

"Focus on letting go, only then will you find your center." I recalled Ahsoka's training as I breathed in and out. I felt the peace that the Force often brought, but this time I knew I had a purpose. Instead of embracing it, I forced it out. This is the only way to keep myself and my mission safe. With that, I opened my eyes, feeling a new pain. This time, it was internal, pricking at my very soul, but I managed to push that down too, suddenly feeling like nothing more than an empty shell of a human. I was no longer one with the Force, and the Force was no longer with me.

•••

Luke Pov

Soyara was nearby. I knew it. Since my beginnings as a Force-wielder, her signature, her presence was always nearby, always unique from all others. So when I felt the disturbance in the Force during my training, I had thought I was dreaming once again. I had searched the ship for her, leading me to the hangar nearby. While I stood in the bay, watching the TIE's come and go, I could feel her presence, as if she were in the room with me.

I shook my head, becoming frustrated with myself for getting so distracted by a phantom presence. However, as I started to leave, the deck officer happened to approach me with a new issue, an unregistered TIE that had landed moments ago. My heart almost leapt with hope, but I restrained it. She wouldn't come. Not after I hurt her.

       "Darth Malevolence, we just had a report of a unregistered TIE landing in this hangar..."

I cut him off, "Where is the pilot?" The deck officer shuffled his feet, letting me know he managed to let the pilot slip through his fingers. I clenched my fist, "Officer, that pilot is a possible rebel spy, I need to know the TK number of that pilot, immediately."

        "Sir, the pilot never gave us any suspicion that they were a spy of any sort—" the deck officer trembled as I held up a hand.

         "No, they didn't give you any suspicion," I corrected, "I'm sure it was a rebel boarding this ship. I felt it. Now go get someone who can point me in the direction of the pilot, now."

       He scurried off like a womp rat on Tatooine. That's when I felt the presence again. I looked over my shoulder to find two troopers, both looking at me while on their way towards the mess-hall. I could feel the Force surrounding one of them, but it was nearly impossible for me to tell which one before they too disappeared from sight. I started to go after them, but another officer approached me, giving me slightly more information. Now, I had a TK number of the pilot. TK-2187.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

840 9 14
Yosiah Shaha was a young boy when he heard the prophecy of the Chosen One. Growing up skeptical of the Jedi Order, he held strong of the faith that A...
5.8K 151 30
What if there was a third Skywalker? What if that third Skywalker was found by the Empire? Luea Skywalker is a normal girl on her small moon until th...
633 83 18
Kyra & her family leaves earth to start a new life in space but things goes totally wrong when an attack happen on the way to their new planet, when...
1.3K 38 8
Though Vader survives the Death Star, it doesn't mean much when the Rebel Alliance refuses to spare precious medical supplies to help him, leaving Lu...