38.

The two got ready for their little walk. It was cold outside but there wasn't going to be snow until later so they put on a jacket and some booties and left the house for a bit.
The two walked around the neighborhood talking about their childhood and other things. But the thing was, was that JJ already knew everything Emily told her, but it was still nice that Emily opened up to her because she knew that she was not the kind of person who would do that with someone she barely knew.
As JJ led the way, she unconsciously walked them in into a small wooded area where the two of them use to go. They sat on a bench and sipped their coffee as they just watched the cars go by through the trees. JJ's hands were freezing because she forgot her gloves and Emily could see that so she gave JJ hers.
"Won't you get cold too?"
"If anything I'll stick them in my pockets. You're still sick so I think you need them more."
They sat there for a little while and Emily looked all around curious about this spot. Her eyes wandered around until they stopped on particular tree. She got up and slowly walked over to see what was carved into it.
"Hey JJ, look at this. Isn't it cute?" She said as she traced over it with her finger.
The carving wasn't something that would usually be carved on a tree. Usually it's initials or a heart but this was two little birds kissing.
"Yeah, you like it?"
"Did you do that? It's really good. What does it mean?"
"Oh it's nothing, just something I did when I came here with a friend," JJ lied.
"Ohh, a friend. What's he like?" Emily said bumping JJ's shoulders.
JJ's heart sunk when she asked that because it wasn't a he, it was Emily and JJ thought that bringing her here would've help but it didn't. It just tore up JJ's heart. But she continued with the lie.
"Oh he's tall and dirty blonde with blue eyes," She describe that last guy she was on a date with. Will.
"Tell me more!" Emily said eagerly.
JJ looked at her and her stomach dropped because Emily looked so into the idea of JJ and Will. It made her sick, literally. Suddenly her eyes opened wide as she turned around and felt her breakfast coming back up.

JJ's POV:
As suspended myself on my knees, I could feel everything coming up. I didn't think I had anything to come up I was seriously wrong. I heard Emily getting off her side of the bench and running over to me. But she didn't freak out. She knew exactly what to do, like she had done it before... She climbed up and sat on the table with her legs on either side of me as she rubbed my back. She waited until I was done then took her soft hand and leaned it against my forehead. She gently pulled me back into her while she kept he other hand on my back to calm me down.
"We should go back inside, you're freezing."
"In a minute, please. Can we stay for another minute?" I felt her looking down at me but she let us stay a little while longer.
She pulled me closer to her body to keep me warm. And as we sat there, she rest her head on mine and I could feel her pressing kissed into my hair as her hand ran up and down my back. I just wanted to stay here forever. In this moment, I didn't care that she didn't remember because her body remembered me. Subconsciously she knew exactly what to do, the way to calm down, the way to make me laugh. She knew, even if she didn't know. These past two days I could see it in her eyes and everything that she did, the part of her that was, is my girlfriend... I don't even know what to call her, my ex girlfriend? Whatever it is I should call her, my first love, I could see that she was still there. I need her to come back to me. It's killing me from the inside, it really is.

After a few minutes of sitting, JJ finally got up and helped Emily off today the table. As they began to walk back home, the wind picked up and JJ's jacket was a a lot thinner than Emily's so she opened hers up and wrapped it around her as they walked back. Then it started snowing and Emily's face lit up. JJ laughed knowing how much Emily loved any type weather that wasn't the sun. She watched Emily's head lift up a bit feeling the snow gently hit her face.

They finally made it back home but Emily wanted to stay outside in the snow so JJ went in. 10 minutes later, JJ came back out with two mugs of hot chocolate and a blanket. She saw Emily sitting on the porch with her hand out catching snowflakes. She put the mugs on the banister and draped the blanket around Emily.
"Hey," JJ said quietly as she sat down under the blanket with Emily.
"What are you doing out here again? You need to rest..."
"I am resting," she said reaching up to grab the mugs.
"I mean in the house, where it's warm and you won't get more sick."
"But I'm warm now. And plus, I don't get to do this all time."
"Fine we can stay here until the hot chocolate isn't hot anymore then you're going inside for a bath."
"Fine. Deal."