Oh, she was such a coward.

After several minutes of inner debate, even though she had already prepared a place for her to be alone, Shizuka stood up. Her eyes were fiery, but she was still blushing.

"I can't go back down!"

○○○

Naruto felt that Shizuka was strange today. She seemed to cling to him. She didn't even scold him about his stupid acts. It wasn't that Naruto didn't like it, he even preferred it if Shizuka was like that. It's just that this feels weird.

"Ah, I'm so hungry...." Naruto groaned, rubbing his stomach as a growl coming out from it. "Shi-chan, let's go eat at Ichiraku Ramen!"

"Okay," she said simply.

See? Shizuka was really weird today. Usually, she doesn't want to go eat at Ichiraku ramen, especially if they just ate it yesterday. Why does she want to now? Or is Shizuka sick?

Naruto turned around and suddenly put the back of his hand on Shizuka's forehead. "W-what are you doing?!" she shouted in surprise, her cheeks flushed red from Naruto's sudden touch.

"You're not sick," Naruto spoke blankly.

"Who said I was sick?" Shizuka scoffed, pushing Naruto's hand roughly.

"If you're not sick, that means..." Naruto trailed off. "Shi-chan, do you have a mental breakdown?"

"Hah?" Shizuka gives him a dumbfounded look, but her eyebrow was twitching in annoyance. "I don't have any mental illness. And it's very rude if you ask that so straightforwardly!"

Naruto blinked, his face still showed a blank expression. "But you're weird today."

Shizuka's face turned red in embarrassment. "Maybe it's just your imagination," she said in a tone as calm as possible while pushes up her glasses.

The man just nodded understandingly and didn't speak anymore. Making Shizuka let out a sigh of relief. Grateful for Naruto's unintelligent nature.

"Aha!" Naruto suddenly exclaimed, making the girl flinched. "You're in your period!!"

Shizuka gaped. Don't know if she should feel embarrassed or angry at him. "You... You... Don't say something like that so loud, you idiot!!" she snapped, face red in embarrassment. "Do you have any shame?!!"

Instead of feeling guilty, Naruto grinned happily. "Ah, so I was right! You're in your period!!" he cheered happily, like a child who had successfully solved a puzzle.

"I'm not!!" Shizuka huffed, frustrated plus embarrassed. She wondered why she loved someone like him. "Never mind. Talking to you makes me dizzy."

She was about to turn her body to leave, but Naruto managed to stop her. "Then what's wrong with you?" his voice turning soft made Shizuka couldn't help but stare back at him. "Honestly, I like you like this. But it's just a little weird for me."

Naruto's words successfully made Shizuka's face even redder. Putting the Uzumaki's hair to shame. "N-nothing," she argued quickly. Tried to let go of Naruto's grip but it only made the man grip her tighter.

"Shizuka?"

When Naruto had used her real name, it was like Shizuka's entire nerves wanted to follow his orders. This is so unfair. Why could he control her so easily?

"I-it's because you're my lucky item!" Shizuka exclaimed, closing her eyes as she blurted out.

"W-what?" Naruto's eyes widened in shock at Shizuka's scream. "I'm your lucky item?" he repeated to himself. No wonder Shizuka didn't bring anything weird today.

Shizuka's body trembled. Her eyes were still tightly closed and her face was still red. One of her hands that were inside her cardigan pressed a radio button she was carrying. And Oha Asa's familiar voice came out, saying what she heard this morning.

Naruto listened carefully. Even repeated it in his mind several times. His eyes stared in disbelief at Shizuka's figure who looked completely different from her usual one. Looks cuter.

"I'm... Your loved ones?" Naruto asked carefully, watching Shizuka slowly nodded her head. Still unwilling to open her eyes.

"So, you mean ..." he trailed off. "You, love me?"

Shizuka nodded slightly. And Naruto felt his heart pounding now. A feeling of immense happiness ran through his body, waiting to explode.

"Love me in that sense right? Not because we're friends, right?" Naruto confirmed again.

"Yes, stupid!" Shizuka snapped again, looking away while trying to hide her flushed face.

Fuck.

Naruto couldn't stop himself from smiling broadly. His heart was still pounding with happiness. And his body felt floating. If this was a dream, Naruto would want to be there forever.

And luckily, it's real. Shizuka loved him. Shizuka really loved him.

Kurama, I didn't hear it wrong, right? Shi-chan loves me right?

YES STUPID. NOW LET ME SLEEP, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS DISGUSTING MOMENT!

Naruto immediately hugged and lifted her. Making the girl yelped in surprise. And he laughed. Laughing happily while twirling Shizuka's body.

"Na-Naruto!"

The man lowered her, but did not let go of his embrace. "I can't believe this!! Geez Shi-chan, I feel like I'm in cloud nine!"

"Don't exaggerate!"

"I couldn't help it, I'm so happy right now!!" Naruto touched their foreheads together. "You don't know how much I wanted to hear that from you. Gosh, I love you, Shi-chan!"

Shizuka blinked several times in shock. "You... love me?" After seeing Naruto's nod, she asked again, feeling insecure. "Why? I'm weird, and I'm―"

Naruto gently put his pointed finger on her lips to stop her. "You're not weird. You're just unique. In fact, it's your uniqueness that I think makes you even more different. It makes you, you. I love how you're so obsessed with that Oha Asa. I love how you're always optimistic even though you're in the last place. I love how you always pay attention to your nails. I love your cute suffix," then he gently pushed her hair behind her ear. "So don't feel that weird. It's just your quirk. And let me love it. Like I love you."

Shizuka's face flushed again and she could feel her tears wanting to come out. Even though many people find it strange and even though Shizuka doesn't care about what they say, it stills left something on her heart. She couldn't believe that there was someone who would tolerate and like the quirks she has.

"Really?" she asked with a shaky breath. "Will you really tolerate the strangeness inside of me, the quirks of my soul?" 

"Didn't I already told you?" Naruto smiled gently as he stroked her cheek lovingly. "All your quirks, and all your problems ―even your depressions and your failures― That is what makes you, you. And I love all of it. I love all of you."

She buried herself on his shoulder. "...thank you."

Oha Asa is always right.

shouldn't we hold out for the person who 

doesn't just tolerate our little quirks, 

but actually kinda likes them?