Chapter 8 - Bridge

Start from the beginning

***********

I woke up confused and scared. I looked around the unfamiliar room. Concrete walls, dark tiled floor, gray curtains, and the last thing I noticed I was curling in dark sheets. I inhaled his scent. 

Travis. It was his room.

How could I? Oh my God! I got off the bed and dashed off the room. I didn’t have enough time to look for my coat even though my body was freezing, as I was just in a pair of leggings and a tank top.

I stopped dead on my track when I heard a scream. It was a man’s scream. I moved to my right, from where the screaming was coming. The more I got closer, the louder his voice became. 

“Aah!”

I jumped back when I heard him again. This time his scream was louder than before as if he was in great pain. I moved further and reached the corner of the corridor and I saw a dark hardwood door. Swallowing hard, I pushed the door open and stepped inside. Cried escaped my mouth when I stumbled and lost my balance but a hand shot out and grabbed me just in time.

He pulled me over his body and wrapped an arm around my waist. “Look out!” He warned, staring at me down.

Immediately, I tore myself away from Travis. “Don’t you dare!” Tears gathered in my eyes. “Don’t touch me!”

His expression hardened as he stepped up to me. “Trust me, I already have…” he eyed down my body.

I stepped back, curling my hands into fists. “Where is Roy?” I demanded, glaring at him with the same anger. “Where is Roy?”

“Rosa,” I heard a soft little voice. I instantly turned around and found Roy, who was scared and confused, standing across us. I spotted red dots on his school uniform and terror gripped my chest.

Oh my God!

“Roy!” I cried and immediately ran to him, but Travis blocked my way and grabbed my forearm. “Let me go!” I tried to snatch my hand from his grip, but my strength was nothing compared to his muscular body.

“No!” He snapped and dragged to another side.

“I said let me go, bastard!”

“No!”

Baring my teeth, I punched his chest. “Let me check him!” I punched him again with my full strength. “Let me go! He is hurt!” I punched him repeatedly, but it only wounded my hand. I felt like I was hitting the iron. He didn’t budge a bit as he stared into my eyes. “You feel happy to see me hurt, don’t you?!”

“Your hurt is fucking bliss,” he whispered, and his jaw clenched harder as his eyes were burning with rage.

“Hurt me! Don’t hurt my family,” I whispered.

“I’m hurting you.”

“Rosa..” Roy came closer to us, glancing between us. I instantly pulled myself away from Travis. “I’m okay. Don’t worry.”

Surprise washed over me when I heard his words. “Roy…” I snatched my hand from Travis’s grip and bent in front of Roy, caressing his head. “Tell me everything. What did he do to you? You’re safe now.”

He swallowed and eyed Travis, who was standing behind me. “I was not hurt...” His voice cracked because of fear. I had never seen him like this before. He was a brave boy.

“What did you do to him?” I hissed at Travis.

One side of his lips pulled into a smug smile. “He just punched one of my men. Is this not amusing to you?”