Chapter 18 - Christmas Eve

Sabrina's POV

The night before Christmas Eve, my parents scheduled to take Sam snowboarding.

"Can I invite Rowan over? and then have a Connor, Jude and Carter over for Christmas Eve?" I asked my parents as they packed.

"Boys?" My dad asked.

"They're just friends!" I begged.

"What about Carter?" My mom asked.

"What about him?" I questioned.

They exchanged looks.

"And Peyton?" My mom asked.

"He's out of town. Visiting extended family." I told them.

"Fine, they are not to sleepover! No funny business. We are trusting you!" My mother shouted.

"What about Rowan? Can she sleepover tonight?" I asked.

"Yes, Rowan is fine to."

I smiled. "No funny business. Got it. Thank you!" And kissed them.

Around 1:30pm, my parents and Sam were packing the car for the ski resort, they left me a list of chores to do before or during Rowan comes.

"Please call us if you need anything!" My mother reminded me.

"Yes, yes, of course." I told her, practically pushing her out of the door.

"We will be back around 7:30 on Christmas Eve." She reminded me.

I simply nodded as I saw Rowan getting out of her mom's car.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Carpenter." Rowan said approaching the porch.

"Hi Sam!" she smiled giving him a hug.

"Hi Rowan." My parents said in sync.

"Hi Mr. Blanchard." My father waved to her father.

"Have fun Rowan, I'm sorry I couldn't be home to make you guys a proper dinner but there is twenty dollars on the counter for pizza. And there is ice cream cake in the freezer!" My mom told her as my dad packed up the car.

"Also, there are snacks in the cabinet but save some for the boys tomorrow." My dad shouted from the car.

"Thanks mom and dad!" I said as Rowan and I headed in.

I could tell my mom was nervous about leaving me home alone, but I really wouldn't do anything bad.

Rowan and I waved until the car was out of sight.

"So how bout that ice cream cake?" Rowan asked with a huge smile.

We headed towards the kitchen and cracked open the cake.

"Okay, let's get our girl talk on over some Maze Runner and Divergent?" Rowan suggested.

"Yes!!!" I happily said grabbing the DVDs from my shelf.

As I was setting up the DVD player, Rowan was asking questions.

"What's your opinion of Bradley?" She asked.

I raised my eyebrow. "Bradley?"

"Yeah. You know? Bradley of the Steven Perry?" She laughed.

"Oh, um, he's a really sweet guy. I think he's a great friend and I love hanging out with him."

"Mhm." She said unconvinced.

"Oh, what?" I asked.

"Me? Oh nothing... nothing at all."

I threw a pillow at her as The Mazer Runner DVD was going to its main menu.

I sat in my chair as Rowan sat on my couch.

"What about you and Corey?" I questioned.

"It's all good. Felt bad for Peyton, but now since we're friends and he's your boyfriend. We're all good." She said popping popcorn in her mouth.

As the first scene came on Rowan screamed, "DYLAN FREAKING O'BRIEN!!!"

I just shook my head, "I admit he's really hot, but Thomas Brodie-Sangster is just so adorable!!"

"Then you can have Thomas and I'll have Dylan!!" Rowan comprised.

"Deal!"

During Divergent, Rowan and I really go into quizzes. I found a divergent faction one. She got dauntless and I got erudite.

Around 11pm, we went downstairs to play with my dads dart set. We set up a fort and laid out sleeping bags. Around midnight we were both on our phones looking feeds on our social media.

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of Rowan drying her hair with the hair dryer. I knocked on the door.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"1 o'clock! The guys will be here in an hour and a half." She told me.

"Oh." I said sitting down outside of the door.

I dozed off again. One... ONE! I thought.

I sprinted to my room and got on new clothes. Rowan came back in in a mere 4 minutes and got dressed as well.

Around 1:30, Jude, Connor and Carter came. First Jude, then Connor and lastly Carter.

We watched Frozen down in the basement until about 3:30. Then Jude, Connor and Rowan started playing Just Dance. Carter and I were left on the couch.

When I sat next to him, I expected him to scoot over once space on the couch opened up but he didn't.

About half way through This is Halloween I laid my legs across Carter's. He pulled my legs closer to him and rested his hands on them.

He's so cute...

I leaned against the arm of the couch for a while but then I rested my head on his shoulder.

I kept glancing at him hoping he wouldn't notice. And he kept glancing at me too.

Does he like me?...

When I lifted my head up, I felt myself leaning closer. And I noticed he was too, then we both just pulled back.

It happened a few more times. I then whispered, "can I kiss you?" to him. He looked at me, about to kiss me but ended up just patting my head.

I nuzzled my face into Carter's shoulder but then Connor said "Carter." He said as the door bell rang.

Carter quickly got up and left.
---
Hey, I'm not going to lie, pretty much this whole chapter happened to me. I was over at my friend's house and we watched the Mazer Runner & Divergent, I slept over, and the next day the part where Sabrina and Carter were cuddling... during the cuddling part I was basically Sabrina during that, and my friend was Carter. After that happened with my friend, I got really deeply sad because I get teased and rejected a lot at school. I'm better now, no I don't cut or anything I just have terribly sad peaks in my life and then some terribly happy ones. I'm fine. I am. I'm safe as well. I'm okay. Later in the story I'll add more parts with my crushes or good friends.

Questions
1) does anyone read the authors notes??
2) should I add more Rowan or Bradley point of views? I feel like I kind of forgot parts for them...
3) should I continue this story until like 30 chapters or stop it whenever it hits summer (in the story) & then make a sequel?

also, thank you so much for the 10k+ reads! that's crazy, I remember when I first got 1k. I hope you have a good weekend!! I'll update with a new chapter soon :D