Chapter 6 - still in touch

Carter's POV

When I get home I run down to my basement and sit down in my beanbag chair. I turn on my xbox and blast dubstep in my beats headphones.

As I'm playing Halo 3, my mom comes downstairs.

"Carter? CARTER?! CARTER!" She shouts one last time as she yanks my headphones off.

"WHAT!" I scream back at her standing up from my chair.

She backs away and stares at me.

"I-I'm sorry mom.. I just..." I feel tears forming in my eyes as I am brought to my knees.

My mom comes over to me and hugs my tightly. "I know, honey. I know." She tells me over and over and she rubs my back.

I let the tears out. Not ashamed of crying in front of my mom. Ashamed of lashing out at her.

She kissed me on my forehead. "you love her." She spoke softly. I looked at her with a innocent gaze.

I slowly nodded. "I do..." I lay my head back down on my moms shoulder and took deep breaths.

She lifted up my chin. "Dinner at six, alright? and tonight you may eat down here." I nodded. "Thank you."

When she left I assumed my position in my beanbag and switched my game to Minecraft. Luke realized I was online and joined my game. A few seconds later he called me over xbox live.

"Hey man, sup?" Luke greeted. "Left FroYoYo faster than a cheetah."

I laughed along with him to lighten the mood. Luke isn't they type of person you would tell that you've just cried on your mothers shoulder.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I was just upset." I shrugged although he couldn't see me.

"I know. It's hard on all of us." He said trying to understand how I actually felt about Sabrina.

A few minutes into the server I was trying to fight off skeletons as my mom brought down my food.

I quickly paused the game. As she started to talk.

"Hello Luke" she smiled

"Hello Carter's mom" he responded

"Carter, please do not spill on the carpets. and use napkins." she patted my head before she left.

"Thanks mom" I smiled.

"Dude, your mom is letting you eat in the basement for dinner? and it's just you? no friends over?? What a life!" Luke said trying to sound jealous.

I laughed as I continued the game.

When I finished my plate of food I thought the least I could do would be to bring it up. I brought my plate up and put it in the dishwasher.

I headed back downstairs to continue playing.

"Lucas, mom says you have to play knee hockey with me." Luke's little sister said interrupting our game.

"Ugh. Sorry man. I'll play later tonight if I can" Luke said.

"Alright" I said ending the call.

I went upstairs and sat down to watch Friday night football with my dad. I wasn't too interested in watching it since I still felt sad abut Sabrina.

When both my parents went up to bed I went back downstairs to play on my xbox. I checked my phone to notice a few messages from Sabrina.

Sabrina😔❤️: hey! we're in Ohio right now. what's up?

Sabrina😔❤️: now we're in Iowa. are you doing alright?

I slid open the messages and replied back.

Me: yeah. Doing just fine. How bout you?

She didn't reply so I thought she must've gone to sleep until her name popped up on my tv screen.

'Incoming call Sabrina'

[ accept ] [ decline ]

I accepted the skype call as Sabrina's face appeared.

"Hey Carter!" her voice sounding as happy as it always is.

"Hi Sabrina" couldn't help but saying that with a smile.

"What are you up to? I hope I'm not interrupting anything." she smiled. Gosh she's so cute. I thought.

"No, not at all." I smiled back. "Where are you now?"

"I am currently staying in a hotel in Colorado. Looking at my phone, it's saying it is 10:20pm. So I'm guessing it is 12:20am in Rhode Island, correct?"

I laughed "you smart Alec"

She did a fake hair flip.

"Right... so um... I kinda called for a specific reason." She started to say.

I was hoping it was what she wanted to tell me earlier.

"Yeah?" I asked to hint that I'm excited to know.

she looks down. "I lo... well I just called to say sweet dreams. That's all. I have to go now. I'll talk to you tomorrow"

I could feel my emotions weld up inside and make a sharp pain in my heart. "Sweet dreams to you too" I forced out of my mouth as she ends the call.

---

Hey! Sorry I haven't really been updating the story or writing authors notes. Honestly so much has happened to me at school and it's just hectic. But lately things are starting to dial down and I will be writing more to calm me down. If you have any suggestions for me or ideas just leave them in the comments (: I hope you enjoyed this chapter look forward to the next one in a couple of days!!