Mercy

Time skip after 1 day.
Kaleb's pov:

I woke up as I heard my alarm ring. I stretched my body as I stood up from my bed. Yesterday's mission was tiring as we only came back home at midnight. I yawned walking to my bathroom to take a shower. After I was done, I put on a plain white t-shirt and black pants since there were no missions on Saturdays, it was the only day to be with our families as we have to work the next day.

My men return home to their wives and children. I also spend time with my 'family', which only includes Jackson and Rosette. They were the only real family I felt like I had. Father rarely talks to me unless it's a special occasion or missions. Dominic is not such a fan of me I guess, since he doesn't talk to me often too.

I walked outside my room and headed to the guest bedroom Y/n was in. Two of my most trusted men greeted me as I did the same. I opened the door and head inside to see her sleeping peacefully. I was about to sit down when I noticed a small powdery product on the bed. I smelled it as my eyes widened.

It was the 'Angel Dust', which is also called the PCP drug. I checked for her heartbeat to find it faster than a normal person should, the drug causes a slight increase in heartbeat and breathing rate. I put two fingers over her nose to find her breathing fast, more like panting. Her face was red and she was also sweating, those are the effects of the drug.

I rushed out as I called the doctor to her.
"She's been injected with the PCP drugs! Save her or I'll murder you."
I said with a threatening voice.

The doctor nervously nodded his head as he entered the room. Several nurses followed behind him as I watched the doctor inject her with something.

After a 20 minutes, the doctor exited the room as I asked him worriedly.
"How is she?"

"She is lucky to be alive, if you hadn't noticed the drug, she could possibly be dead by now."
He said as I sighed in relief.

"Thank you very much, doctor."
I smiled and thanked him as he left.

My smile slowly disappeared when I realise someone had wanted to kill her in silence. I looked at the CCTV which was outside the room's entrance. I growled Jackson's name in anger. He ran to me as fast as possible when he heard me.

"Bring me the CCTV footages of this room's entrance, CCTV's were not placed in bedrooms or toilets in this mansion due to privacy."

"O-okay Kaleb. I'll take you to the security room."
He walked fast while I was following him from behind. We reached the security room as Jackson played the footages from the CCTV in front of the guest bedroom Y/n was in.

"Play the footage one hour before I came in and get me the names of the medical team that entered during that time."
An overdose of PCP drugs only takes 50 minutes to kill the victim after it is injected. And if Y/n is still alive, the culprit must've entered the room 1 hour before I came in.

"Kaleb, they're all the nurses. There are 3 people in total, Hayley, Matthew and Nathan."

"Hmm... which one is it."
I said as I walked back and forth thinking of ways to find out the culprit.

"Got it. Exclude all those who has a family."
I said asJackson tapped something on the computer.

"Hayley has two children with her husband and Nathan has his parents and a little sister. Matthew grew up in an orphanage without anyone, he ran away when he was only 16. So that leaves Matthew alone without a family."

"Matthew's the person we're looking for."

"But how do you know for sure that it is Matthew?"
Jackson asked confused.

"Those who work under me knows that betraying me would mean torture for them and their family. But for someone with nothing to lose, he wouldn't be afraid even if he betrayed me. And I also confirmed it before when I saw Matthew and the other nurses when they entered the room to treat Y/n. Only Matthew had the smell of the PCP drugs on him."

"Oh, I see. I'll bring him to the basement for you."

"Jackson Jackson, you know me really well."
I said as I smirked evilly.

In the basement:

I entered the basement to see Matthew strapped to a chair.

"Matthew, how nice to meet you."
I said smirking.

"Shut up asshole."
He shouted at me. Jackson was about to hit him when I stopped him.

"Let's see how far this one can go. And did you find out who his real family was?"

"Yes I did, Kaleb. He's the son of Rafael Romano and his mother is Sarah Davis."

"Your father is a Mexican and your mom is an American. How interesting."
I said as I eyed him, he was looking down when he asked.

"A-are they s-still alive?"
He asked with a slight hope in his eyes.

"Yes they are. They are currently at Mexico, you have a little sister and brother who's 14 and 10."
Jackson answered.

"What was the reason they gave me up for adoption?"
He asked as I answered.

"They were only teens when they were pregnant with you. They wanted to continue their studies so they gave you up to adoption."

"I know I'm going to die... but please would you tell my parents that I missed them? And I will tell you everything."
He said.

"Speak."

"I'm an assassin, clients send me their targets through texts. They didn't want me to see their faces in case I got caught. I received the mission to kill this girl yesterday, I needed the money."

"Okay. Jackson, untie him and give him some money."
I said as Jackson was surprised but nodded his head.

"Listen here Matthew, I want you to go back fo your family in Mexico. I will pay for your flight. Don't tell them that you were an assassin, just live a peaceful life with them. You are lucky that I let you go alive."
I said as Matthew's eyes was full of shock, Jackson untied him from the chair and handed cash to him as Matthew said.

"Thank you so much, I will never come back to this job anymore, I'll just live with my family."
He said as I smiled and nodded my head.

"Now go, your plane leaves in 3 hours."
I said looking at my watch as he walked away. I went up to my room with Jackson following me from behind.

"You are changing for the better, Kaleb. And I'm happy for you."

"Yes, I am but our enemies shouldn't know about this. They will take this as an opportunity to attack us."

"Yeah. Kaleb, do you want to go out for a coffee? It's been a long time since we went there."
I said as we both drove there.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.