LXXXVII

WEE OU WEE OU WEE OU WEE OU!

My lips tugged into a frown as I heard the sounds from outside. And my hand was still on my phone, pressing to my ear as I waited for Taehyung to pick up.

"The number you dialled is out of service, please try your call later."

My eyes widened as I slowly lowered the phone, my lips trembling as my heart started to beat faster with every second passing by.

"Open this door Jang! We know you're here!"

My eyes widened even more as I set my phone down, looking around before taking my jacket and wrapping it around myself, I take the rusted pocketwatch before placing it inside my jacket pocket. Looking around anywhere to see where I can hide from them.

BANG!

I heard the blasting shards of wood from the door, and it seemed like they broke the lock, foosteps echoing in the house.

"In her room!"

My eyes widened as I stood up, looking around as I my jaw hung.

The police.

Wait...what about Taehyung?

Taehyung....

The foosteps from stairs became louder as I suddenly froze, and a waft of cold air surrounded my face as the door flung open, and the foosteps of the people were audible as they ran towards me.

One gripped my shoulder, turning it to my back as the other person walked towards me, taking my other shoulder, placing it behind me.

"Jang Aehye! You are arrested for assisting the suspect! We have reports and evidence!" Officer Mingyu said as he approached me, looking at my figure that was locked by Hongjoong and Hyunjin.

"Put the handcuffs on her, we're taking you to jail for awhile until we arrange a court, Jinyoung is taking care of the so-called lover you have, don't worry. He'll be joining you," Mingyu continued before turning his heel, gesturing the men beside me to walk out of the room.

No, no.

Not when we just met each other, not when we we just reunited, told how much we mean to each other.

Not when everything felt right just for once. Not when I had to disappear every time when he needed me the most, because of his own self. Not when... I wanted to tell him how much he meant to me.

How much he gave me a purpose in all of the 23 years I'm living in.

"Jinyoung? How's the other suspect? Did you catch him?" Mingyu asked through his walkie-talkie.

"Coming from Detective Park. I am here in the Kim Residence near the park. I visited his brother, officer Kim Namjoon and we searched his whole house, including all the rooms....

.....he's nowhere to be found."

My eyes widened as I heard the mumble from the other caller.

"What?! Then we must act up immediately! He's going to run away from Seoul if he does!" Mingyu said as he gripped the walkie-talkie harder.

Taehyung....

We slowly walked outside the house, and I looked at both the officers...

....before biting one on the shoulder.

"Hey! You crazy wench!" Hyunjin hissed as he let go of me, I turned around swiftly before bumping Hongjoong, letting his fall to the floor, and kicking him in the shin.

"Hey you! Get back here!" Hongjoong yelled as he tried to get up.

"Back up! Call backup!" Mingyu screamed.

I ran swiftly, as far as possible from the three men, not daring to look back as my feet took me as fast as I can to where I wanted to go, holding back my tears as I did so.

Something doesn't feel right.

Kim... Taehyung! Kim Taehyung! Kim.... Kim... T...

What's his name again?

I kept running out the alley, bumping into different people in crowds, catching for air as I kept running, beads of sweat dripping down my forehead as I kept running.

I shook those thoughts off my head, making my way to the door of another person's, gasping for air as I slammed the door with my handcuffed fists.

Slowly, the door creaked open, and my eyes slowly scanned the eyes of another, looking back at me.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Where... where is he?" I wheezed for air as I looked at him.

He looked at me with his yellow eyes, and he looked down on the floor before sighing.

"I can't.... tell you," he said as he tried to close the door, but I stuck my foot against the opening, taking space between both of us.

"Namjoon... all the days that we kept talking with each other... why can't you tell me today? When it can be any other day?" I asked him and he sighed deeply.

"I said I can't! I really can't!" Namjoon blurted out as he looked at me.

"Why can't you? Maybe because I'd ruin everything if you told me?" I asked him as tears started to roll down my cheeks, and he looks at me before closing his eyes.

"No.... because.... you already know what happened. And I don't want to tell you," he said before setting my foot aside, quickly slamming the door closed before clicking it locked.

I sobbed to myself, tears rolling down my cheeks as emptiness filled my heart, I closed my eyes as I leaned my back against the door, sliding down slowly as a few sobs came out of my mouth, hugging my knees to myself as more tears kept running down my cheeks.

I take the pocketwatch out of my pocket, and I look at the almost rusted clock, the long hand and the small hand of the clock not working anymore, the chains starting to rust as the once gold texture was freckled with rust, slowly turning into nothing.

Lord, oh Lord.

If you can hear me right now, please hear my voice. Please, just this once. Please listen to me. Almighty, the Greatest.

Let me see him one last time, even if it's just for a blink. Everything is enough, everything is enough for me as long as I can see him again. Even if I get to glimpse at his face just for once, that would be enough. Please... don't take him away from me, because I wanted to tell him that he's the only one I have left in this cruel world, when everyone else left me.

Don't take him away from me this time, please. Don't take him away from me like what he did years ago. I want to tell him how much he meant to me, how much he gave me a reason and a purpose to stay in this world.

How every second of my life was complete when I met him, and how I met every side of him, and how I got to know each part of him.

So please... my Lord. Everything is enough as long as he's with me.

"Jang Aehye! Hey!!"

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote cuz we have 5 more chapters left 🙃

Yes it's 80 chapters and get ready >:D

And also, Namjoon's spin-off will have a teaser chapter after this book is finished! I hope you'd give my daddy Joon a chance (^///^)