Chapter 14 Information

Start from the beginning

It was a peculiar sight for onlookers. Ye An had on a similar scholar outfit she wore previously but it was in white this time; while Xi Chen was dressed in a grey-colored blacksmith attire which was the only outfit Ye An could find on such a sudden notice that fitted his tall frame. A scholar and a blacksmith walking together. It was a rare sight to see people of obviously different social classes socializing with each other. Not to mention the vast height difference between them. Ye An did not possess a small stature by any means. In fact, she was even slightly taller than the average woman, but her height was still considered short for a man and Xi Chen's tower-like build only served to make her look even smaller when they were standing side by side.

Ye An and Xi Chen finally arrived at the entrance of the brothel and entered together.

"He's with me." Ye An informed the madam when she saw a swarm of scantily-clad young women was getting ready to crowd the young lieutenant. The madam shook her head at the young women signaling them to stop.

Ye An nodded at the madam in appreciation before guiding Xi Chen through the labyrinth of corridors until they reached Xiao Yan's door.

"My lord, you're six days, three hours, and forty-nine seconds late!" Xiao Yan came running towards Ye An as the door opened and took Ye An into her embrace with a pout on her face before realizing that there was another person behind Ye An.

"This is?" Xiao Yan looked at Xi Chen apprehensively, the glitter of her eyeshadow glinting from the moon's reflection on the pond.

"Xiao Yan, this is Ah Chen. Ah Chen, this is Xiao Yan." Ye An introduced the both of them. On their way here, she had mentioned to the lieutenant that Xiao Yan had no knowledge of her true identity and decided that it was better that she didn't know his real identity either and he agreed.

"Xiao An, you didn't tell me that you'll be bringing a visitor." Xiao Yan peered at Ye An through her long lashes while she grabbed Ye An's hands and swayed them coyly.

"I didn't bring him. He wanted to come. He's an acquaintance whom I've just met recently." Ye An said simply.

"Hm. Come in then." Xiao Yan's eyes narrowed in suspicion at Xi Chen but allowed the both of them to enter.

Ye An and Xi Chen sat beside each other at the low table. Xi Chen looked around the room that was decked in everything yellow and blinked a few times as his eyes slowly got accustomed to the sudden brightness.

"I've received some new exotic tea leaves from the Middle East a few days after your last visit. I was so excited to try it once I got my hands on them but I wanted to wait until Xiao An is here so we can try it together. But you made me wait for so long." Xiao Yan pouted at Ye An again as she brewed a new pot of tea, obviously ignoring Xi Chen's existence.

"You could have just tried it first." Ye An smiled at her.

"I might finish the tea before you know it if I started drinking it right away. I know how you love teas. So that would have been a shame."