Forbes - BTS' Anastasia's new EP proves just how powerful K-Pop has become.

If 6 years ago, you had gone up to someone, and asked them, 'What is K-Pop' they probably wouldn't have known what you were talking about, or would have said something about 'Gangnam Style', by PSY.

Now, if you go any street in the world, and asked someone, 'What is K-Pop' almost 100 percent of the time, they will know what you're talking about.

BTS. The group everybody is talking about. Eight members, hailing from Seoul, South Korea. On any given day, you'll see them somewhere, wether it be a fancam on Twitter, a headline, or just lunchroom talk.

Just a few days ago, the only female singer of BTS has made history, with the debut of her first solo EP 'ANASTASIA'. 

The lead single for the EP, 'BOSS' reached #9 on the Billboard Hot 100, shattering previous records set by previous solo artists, becoming the highest charting Female Korean Solo Artist of all time. BOSS also hit #19 on the US Mainstream Top 40, and #2 on the US Rolling Stone Top 100. In the UK, breaking another record, hitting #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. It topped the Gaon Charts in South Korea, (The Korean equivalent of the Billboard Charts) and sat there for 5 consecutive weeks. All across Europe, Asia, South America and Oceania, it topped charts, breaking records and making history.

The EP itself, 'ANASTASIA' hit #7 on the US Billboard 200, #3 on the US Top Album Sales, #2 on the US Top Tastemaker Albums chart, and #4 on the US World Albums chart. 

The EP sold 431,000 units in the United States alone, and is projected to receive a gold certification by the end of the year. 

This is a true testament of how much K-Pop has grown in the last years. Anastasia alone has outsold many Western Artists, and becoming a household name. BTS, in a few months, are set to release their next comeback, and if time tells, it will break records, sending BTS to the moon.