Chapter 8: I am about to lose my head

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

[A/N: Not much to say this time around except... Merry Christmas (if you celebrate Christmas), and I hope you're able to spend this season with those you love, and not as lonely as YunYun, even with covid... Anyway hope you enjoy this one]

Narrator PoV:

"Listen here bunch of newbies. I am a demon king general, the hero slayer Beldia. But that matters not. I recently moved to a nearby castle for reckon purposes... AND SOME IDIOT HAS BEEN THROWING AROUND EXPLOSIONS EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE PAST WEEK! 

If you are too afraid to face me, just don't bother me. I won't be here for long. Probably just a few weeks- I don't know. It's a confusing army, to be honest. The Demon King's leadership is lackluster- I mean I demand to know who is the idiot that has been bombarding that stupid place!"

A thunderstorm formed on the horizon as the headless horseman pointed at the mass of scared adventurers gathered at the front gate

"Explosion magic huh..."

"Who do you think of when it comes to Explosion magic..."

Everyone laid eyes on Megumin.

She tried to get away and blame YunYun, but it was pretty obvious at this point.

"What are you all deaf or something? If you don't speak now, I will destroy the town. Patience is a virtue that I don't have!"

The Dullahan seemed rightfully pissed. Now if a single enemy could destroy the town was a different story... But no one felt like risking it.

Amidst the confusion, Kazuma pulled your sleeve and whispered:

"I am not fighting that thing. Y/N Please use Lurk and let's just see how this goes."

"Thi-This is unacceptable! I always knew you were a shady guy but hiding away like this in the face of danger-!"

Darkness who overheard your conversation spoke loudly, perhaps to draw the attention of nearby adventurers and prevent Kazuma from running away.

"What do you suggest then Pervertness?"

Kazuma turned around to face her with a slightly frustrated expression

"Don't tell me you plan to engage in combat with one of the demon king's generals. We could barely handle a bunch of giant frogs."

"No of course not. In fact, I have a plan."

You had to double-check to see if the person speaking just now was the actual Darkness or a brave crusader with a confident look.

After knowing Darkness for more than a week, this was the first time she seemed like a normal person, and that elevated her beauty.