Chapter 9: Obligatory Ghost House

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

Narrator PoV:

"So... This is the Mansion huh..."

"It truly is big..."

"This house is worthy of an Archwizard like me."

Megumin was nodding as if she just found her new Explosion cave.

"Shall we?"

Kazuma pushed the rusty gates of the mansion, leading to a quite big front yard.

You took a good glance at the mansion yourself:

"We were really lucky this time huh..."

After purifying Beldia, the rewards were split between all guild members equally.

Your party did most of the work, not to mention Aqua and Darkness were essential to defeating the Dullahan, but since Megumin was somewhat responsible for the attack, in the end, each of you received as much as all the other background characters.

However, with a bit of sweet talk and the help of the cute blond maid you now knew as Luna, you managed to gain more than a simple 'thank you for saving everyone.'

Luna could not give you that big of a reward but she gave you a very unique quest.

Atop a hill near the city, next to a grim-looking graveyard, stood a mansion. Urban legends say it belonged to a noble who left the city of rookies and drunk people to do business. He intended to rent the mansion in his absence but... There was a problem

It was haunted.

Or so people say.

No one knows if it's true or not, but the mansion's reputation went downhill since those rumors spread, and now the owner cannot profit anymore.

Which leaves us with-

"Aqua just needs to do her thing first."

She took a glance at you and puffed her chest:

"Oh please. These weakling spirits are no match for a goddess like me!"

As you approached the main door Kazuma turned to look at her:

"Then high-level goddess, can you open the door for us."