Chapter 26: Promise

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

[A/N: The Megumin spin-off is actually a thing, that's real. I never thought in a million years I'd be alive to see it, but it seems God has blessed this world too.]

Y/N's PoV:

During a rainy day, inside Wiz's shop

"Welcome to the consulting center! Thou art the very first customers. Pray tell what matters afflict thee."

Before us was the weird scene of a wooden table covered in purple cloth as a crystal ball sat on top of it. It looked just like the setup you'd see from a fake fortune-teller.

I glanced at YunYun who seemed reluctant about my suggestion

"We have fortune tellers in my village too, but getting my future read by a devil is..."

She took a step back toward the door

"What? Didn't you say you were fine with making friends even if the other party was a devil?"

YunYun became agitated after hearing me say that

"I did say that but... no wait I did not! I did not! Who told you that!?"

I really hoped Megumin was joking...

"It's free. There's is no harm listening to what he has to say at least."

After apparently steeling herself, YunYun walked forward and bowed

"Vanir-san. If it's not too much trouble, could you... Could you please read my future?"

-------------

YunYun, who was sitting opposite from Vanir, placed her hand on top of the crystal ball.

"Ouw! What was that!?"

Her wrist got slapped almost immediately as Vanir used the corner of his sleeve to carefully wipe YunYun's fingerprints off the ball.

"This orb is not necessary. It's just for ambiance. Perhaps you'd get friends more easily if you did not touch other's people stuff like this."

Vanir looked at YunYun whose hands were now resting on her lap

"So, friendless loser. You want Moi to read your future, is that it?"

"Why do you sound like Megumin!?"