Chapter 7: Murphy's Law

(I don't own konosuba or any of the pictures here)

(Well I decided to write some more to try and finish all the events in volume 1/2. I really wanna get to the events of volume 5/the movie as quickly as possible but who knows, I don't want this to feel rushed.

Anyways, hope you enjoy this one and take care.)

Narrator PoV:

It sounded like one of those magic megaphones that use wind magic to work, repeating over and over:

"ALL ADVENTURERS MUST GATHER AT THE FRONT GATE!"

With how tired you were, the entire inn could be on fire, you still wouldn't care. Doing your best to ignore the loud warnings, you closed your eyes and hoped for the best.

There were a lot of powerful adventurers in the guild, surely no one would notice your absence.

Plus you heard this city had the habit of calling everything an emergency... Even cabbage season.

"Hey Y/N... Are you gonna stay here?"

YunYun turned to look at you with her hand on the doorknob.

She had been like this for five minutes straight.

It's not like she was afraid to go all by herself- knowing advanced magic was enough to obliterate most foes attacking a newbie city like Axel- she just looked hesitant.

Even though your mind was telling you to do the right thing, your body refused to move by the action of some unknown invisible force. Sloth had taken over and it would stay like this.

While trying to come up with a good response, or at the very least an excuse, something completely unexpected happened:

"WE ARE TERRIBLY SORRY EVERYONE. FALSE ALARM! I REPEAT: FALSE ALARM!"

Anger?

No...

Frustration?

Well not really...

But not satisfaction either.

There was no name for the emotion you were experiencing right now. But it only made sense for a crazy day like this to end in such a crazy way.

You rolled to the opposite side after a deep breath, intending to clear your mind and finally get some rest.

Although...

It would have been something to see YunYun rush to the city gates still wearing pajamas.

-----------------------------------------

Megumin's PoV:

Once again, I infiltrated the inn and knocked on Y/N's door.

"Coming!"

I stood by the door and heard Y/N's voice from the other side before he opened it with a tiresome look.

"Hello fellow student! Are you ready to accompany your master again?"

"Do I have to? I barely got any sleep tonight and I think I just got a cold from yesterday."

He does not seem motivated at all...

Guess I will have to use my feminine charm to make this work...

"Ok ok... Geez, no need to pout like a 10-year-old."