Chapter 6

Eliana's POV

It was about five hours since breakfast and I was starting to get hungry.

As much as I didn't want to leave my room, I decided to just man up-or women up- and get out of bed.

I got down retracing steps the maid had showed me.

I was standing in front of the door which led to the garden but that's not where I was aiming to be. I could either go left or right.

I decided to go right.

I walked past a door when I heard crying.

A lady crying to be more precise.

I looked through the keyhole to find my mom crying while my dad was comforting her.

"I know we have to tell her that I'm scared," she said sniffing then continued, "she already hates us enough."

"I know, sweetheart," my dad said to her, "but we need to. It had been decided the day she was born. I'm sure she'll come around when she learns that we sent her away for her own good," he assured.

Not wanting to eavesdrop anymore, I got up and turned away to bump into the little maid I have seen in my room- the one that had woke me up.

"Sorry," I apologized helping her get up as she had fell when she bumped into me.

"It's alright, your highness," she said, "Is there anything I could help you with?"

"Umm, will you please tell me where the kitchen is?" I asked.

"Are you hungry, your highness?" She asked.

On cue my stomach let out a growl and I blushed answering, "Yes."

"Your highness can go to your room and I can get you something to eat," she said.

"No, I don't want to trouble you," I replied shaking my head.

"It wouldn't trouble me, your highness. It's part of my job after all," she said.

"Alright but please stop calling me your highness and just call me Eliana," I said getting tired of being called 'your highness' as I wasn't really used to it.

"If it's what you wish your hi- I mean Eliana," she corrected herself.

"Oh yeah, you never really told me what your name is," I said.

"It's Lisa," she told me.

"That's a nice name," I complimented smiling at her.

"Thank you, yo- Eliana," she said slipping up a bit again.

"Well, I'll head upstairs," I said.

"I'll get your food as soon as possible," she informed me then I turned around and walked away.

Thankfully, I reached my room without getting lost.

I sat on my bed thinking but one main thought stood out,

'What were they talking about?'

'What's the thing they're too afraid to tell me?'

"I'm going ti have to ask them," I said to myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on my door.

"Come in," I called out and Lisa entered holding a tray with food on it.

"Here you go, Eliana," she said politely smiling at me.

"Thank you," I said smiling back at her.